Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,822 members, 7,902,626 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 July 2024 at 01:27 PM

Dangote Vs NNPC: Here’s What Happens Next, By Mayowa Tijani - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dangote Vs NNPC: Here’s What Happens Next, By Mayowa Tijani (20342 Views)

Dangote vs Kogi: Adeyanju Deji Declares Support For Yahaya Bello / ‘Beautiful’ Ramatu Tijani Aliyu, Ministerial Nominee Distracts Senate / Why Nigeria Will NOT Defeat Boko Haram In 20 Years By Mayowa Tijani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Vs NNPC: Here’s What Happens Next, By Mayowa Tijani by Justbesure: 5:54pm On Jul 23
So many tax waivers was given to Dangote by the last administration which must be rectified

undecided[/quote]
"Rectified" to settle few individual?
Re: Dangote Vs NNPC: Here’s What Happens Next, By Mayowa Tijani by Elidrisy20: 6:04pm On Jul 23
Who cares, if him like, make him sale the dangote refinery
Re: Dangote Vs NNPC: Here’s What Happens Next, By Mayowa Tijani by caye(m): 6:12pm On Jul 23
onatisi:
Only a mad mad crazy military leadership can stop fuel importation and subsidy payment in Nigeria . EVERY SINGLE NIGERIAN POLITICIANS HANDS ARE NOT CLEAN WHEN IT COMES TO THIS SCAM SUBSIDY PAYMENT .

Or can we just do:
- return to regions

- referendum, whether we still want this contraption, or we go to our different countries of pre-berlin 1884 conference?
Re: Dangote Vs NNPC: Here’s What Happens Next, By Mayowa Tijani by dododawa1: 6:17pm On Jul 23
Subsidy collector's

Subsidy receiver

Subsidy givers

Name's please
Re: Dangote Vs NNPC: Here’s What Happens Next, By Mayowa Tijani by Lamasta(m): 6:33pm On Jul 23
MasterJayJay:
NNPC is the cabal. Destroy NNPC before it destroys Nigeria

NNPCL is not the problem its the cabals pulling the shots there that needs to be crushed not the institution
Re: Dangote Vs NNPC: Here’s What Happens Next, By Mayowa Tijani by bammo: 6:35pm On Jul 23
helinues:
Let us rest.

Why do we like petty gossiping in Nigeria fcs?

Both FG and Dangote have been engaging in a round table talk which they never invited us.

Why can't we allow them to settle their scores without distracting us?

So many tax waivers was given to Dangote by the last administration which must be rectified

undecided
I thought you had sense
Re: Dangote Vs NNPC: Here’s What Happens Next, By Mayowa Tijani by seunayantokun(m): 6:37pm On Jul 23
This evil manipulation will end somewhere someday.
Re: Dangote Vs NNPC: Here’s What Happens Next, By Mayowa Tijani by eniorisha(m): 6:40pm On Jul 23
This lingering issue is multifaceted.

But personally, I prefer Dangote be given d market entirely. NNPCL's deal was never in interest of the Nigerian masses. NNPCL capitalizes on Nigerians demand for cheap fuel, thereby looting trillions of Naira to achieve dt. But on d long run, the masses are d bitter losers.

If I were in PBAT's shoes, I'll free d market & rather do direct cash transfer to Nigerians, & reduce VAT & import duties

Imagine, government paying about N500 on each litre we consume in Nigeria and in some West African countries d wicked saboteurs smuggled our subsidized fuel to...

Meanwhile, d reason PBAT is failing on all fronts is he put all his anti-people economic reforms In place, once. He wants d citizens to contend with SUBSIDY REMOVER, FX FLOATING, ELECTRICITY PRICE HIKE, INCREASED VAT & IMPORT DUTIES, etc; while corruption continue unabated, and even gets worse sef.

Why can't he face only fuel subsidy remover entirely, first?

1 Like

Re: Dangote Vs NNPC: Here’s What Happens Next, By Mayowa Tijani by Solofresh2: 6:44pm On Jul 23
Chinkoalhaji34:
This na classic business showdown! Dangote no dey play for market, and NNPC better step up their game. Na who go deliver better value for the people go win this one. Let’s see how the drama unfold!
NNPC will win
This is Nigeria😂
Re: Dangote Vs NNPC: Here’s What Happens Next, By Mayowa Tijani by PARADIZEPRIEST: 7:03pm On Jul 23
SangoOlukosoOba:

Stop telling lies!

We all educated and have access to the internet!

Which port does Dangote control?

Is it new to you that all around the world, leading employers of Labour get tax exemptions?

Dangote banned imports?

All the teachers who taught you should be killed!

Am not surprised you are no doubt his stooge.But you can't fool us with you wack defense of ya slave master. angry
Re: Dangote Vs NNPC: Here’s What Happens Next, By Mayowa Tijani by Reptyle(m): 8:00pm On Jul 23
dre11:

https://www.thecable.ng/dangote-vs-nnpc-heres-what-happens-next/amp/

The analysis is well-done. However, I must respectfully disagree with the characterization of Dangote as an "innocent victim" in this situation. He has a history of exploiting loopholes and government inefficiency and corruption for personal gain.

However, I sincerely hope that a swift resolution to this matter can be found, as it has the potential to greatly benefit the Nigerian people by increasing our local refining capacity. With BUA joining the industry and the government's efforts to restore the PH refinery, the economy stands to improve significantly.

By the way, when the government official said 45% completion, he didn't mean the actual refinery. He was talking about the pre-commissioning stage, where they test and calibrate everything. Dangote Refinery is actually 100% complete. There are just some certifications, approvals, and calibrations that still need to be done.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Vs NNPC: Here’s What Happens Next, By Mayowa Tijani by 7upnigeria: 8:16pm On Jul 23
helinues:
Let us rest.

Both FG and Dangote have been engaging in a round table talk which they never invited us.

undecided

Ive heard about the Dangote matter from someone who has vital info about the whole Dangote refinery building politics, its a BIG MESS baba. Dangote has a war on his hands. Also, this may be FGs biggest war. When I heard it, Nigeria matter tire me. I no follow una argue this country matter again.
Re: Dangote Vs NNPC: Here’s What Happens Next, By Mayowa Tijani by djon78(m): 8:31pm On Jul 23
Chinkoalhaji34:
This na classic business showdown! Dangote no dey play for market, and NNPC better step up their game. Na who go deliver better value for the people go win this one. Let’s see how the drama unfold!

But NNPC has been weighed on the scale and found wanting

NNPC s counterparts around the world are churning out profits in billions of dollars annually.
But NNPC can't properly account her books.

Saudi Aramco made profit in billions of dollars last year

Petrobras of Brazil made profit in billions of dollars last year

Petronas of Malaysia made profit in billions of dollars last year

Nigeria's NNPC hasn't declared profit for years now

Rift with Dangote will expose the rut in that company
Alhaji is not person you push aside

He's got enough information on them
And he Will fight them to the end

They messed up with the wrong person
Re: Dangote Vs NNPC: Here’s What Happens Next, By Mayowa Tijani by Chetas81(m): 8:36pm On Jul 23
helinues:
Let us rest.

undecided
YOU CAN'T BE AN AMERICAN CITIZEN, BECAUSE YOUR SHAME BEGIN TO SHAME ME
Re: Dangote Vs NNPC: Here’s What Happens Next, By Mayowa Tijani by djon78(m): 8:36pm On Jul 23
Hemanwel:
Is anyone surprised that Reno Omokri (of all people) hasn't commented on the most trending topic in the country today? It's because he's confused as to who to support: he doesn't want to speak ill of his paymasters (APC-led FG) nor Dangote (he doesn't want to get into the bad book of the northerners). If it were a Peter Obi or Southeast matter, the mofo would have been mastur.bating on it

You dey mind am

He should talk

Alhaji will roast him like corn

They think a Man that amased over $15billion fortune in Nigeria is a push over

Come get Northern privilege

Even those in government should be very careful

Abokis are not the Igbos you push around
Re: Dangote Vs NNPC: Here’s What Happens Next, By Mayowa Tijani by djon78(m): 8:38pm On Jul 23
YellowbaMoslem:
Now that a Yoruba man is the president, we the Yorubas no longer want northern monopoly in the oil sector.

This is not Buhari regime, una go learn!

You guys can't do anything

You can't fight Dangote

Someone that amased $15 billion fortune in Nigeria
Come get Northern privilege

You can't do the North anything
Re: Dangote Vs NNPC: Here’s What Happens Next, By Mayowa Tijani by Ezemeiyogu(m): 8:47pm On Jul 23
Saturnalia:

I agree with you.

NNPCL/NMDPRA are the reason why Nigerians are suffering.

These corrupt & morally decadent Government officials collected Billions of Dollars for how many years? in the name of Turnaround Maintenance and none of the refineries have produced a single drop of petrol; yet nobody has held any of them accountable.

Now that the Dangote Refinery is about to bail us out; they accuse him producing inferior products.

This matter is very simple to resolve. Dangote has challenged the Lawmakers/FG to collect samples from random Fuel Stations and from his own Refinery and conduct lab tests to ascertain who is feeding Nigerians with inferior petrochemical products.

I have learnt a very great lesson from this dispute. No matter how wealthy I become, I will NEVER invest my money in Nigeria.

Nigerians are envious dream killers.

Some lunatics are already saying Dangote monopolized Cement. Is it only Dangote that is selling Cement in Nigeria?

If Dangote’s Cement is too expensive for you, then buy from LaFarge or BUA.

I am not surprised they are accusing Dangote of Monopoly since their own agenda is to facilitate the destruction of Nigeria - in the hopes of actualizing their utopian Country.

They want the dispute between Dangote and the NNPCL/NMDPRA to fester so that they can continue blaming Tinubu for their woes.

When the hero stumbles, the cowards rejoice. Nothing feels better to a coward than to watch a brave man fall.

You wrote beautifully initially until you started writing almost pointlessly.

Everytime you people deviate to name calling and tribal scheming...
Re: Dangote Vs NNPC: Here’s What Happens Next, By Mayowa Tijani by stevups(m): 9:01pm On Jul 23
Mayowa I see your pen in THE COURT ROOM
Re: Dangote Vs NNPC: Here’s What Happens Next, By Mayowa Tijani by maasoap(m): 9:06pm On Jul 23
helinues:
Let us rest.

undecided

The article itself was written in bad taste against Dangote. But your own submission is way worse than the article. Some corrupt elements in the government are hell bent on bringing 20 billion dollars down because of their selfish interest and you're already coming up with excuses why 20 billion dollars investment must suffer. You are a wicked soul
Re: Dangote Vs NNPC: Here’s What Happens Next, By Mayowa Tijani by hotseat: 9:18pm On Jul 23
Dangote's romance with succesive governments seems to be hitting a brickwall with the current administration of President Bola Ahmed Tinubu , as it were.

It's a seeming indication that what is happening to Dangote might as well be the handiwork of Tinubu and his allies.

One may not know the real issues at stake between Dangote and the present administration but, having come this far with the completion of the refinery, it would be a great disservice to the Nigerian economy should the refinery be deliberately sabotaged by a government that has "renewed hope" as its selling point.

Tinubu: #SaveDangoteRefinery!

@hotseat
Re: Dangote Vs NNPC: Here’s What Happens Next, By Mayowa Tijani by WeirdAlien: 11:12pm On Jul 23
helinues:
Let us rest.

undecided

Reason the govt must do everything to make that refinery work as projected!
Many of you guys think it's Dangote's money that is wasting, narrow thinking. All those tax waivers and Forex subsidy he enjoyed was our money, which could have been used to equip a hospital or build road. Now, the benefits of that refinery to our economy is being undermined because of "monopoly". It is double loss for us.
Sad how many don't see the big picture.
Re: Dangote Vs NNPC: Here’s What Happens Next, By Mayowa Tijani by onatisi(m): 11:31pm On Jul 23
caye:

Or can we just do:
- return to regions

- referendum, whether we still want this contraption, or we go to our different countries of pre-berlin 1884 conference?
That is the best solution , Nigeria is a very very complicated country , when you are solving a problem in one region you are in directly creating another problem elsewhere and all these regions and tribes have very very powerful individuals and politicians .
Therefore for a single president to solve a particular problem nationally is difficult . The best thing is to break up. Let Yorubas solve their problems ,let Hausa do the same likewise the igbos
Re: Dangote Vs NNPC: Here’s What Happens Next, By Mayowa Tijani by teacherseyi: 12:51am On Jul 24
Re: Dangote Vs NNPC: Here’s What Happens Next, By Mayowa Tijani by emmi14: 2:06am On Jul 24
helinues:
Let us rest.

undecided
Dangote cannot win the fight against Federal government. They will end up exposing themselves at the end dangote will lose because APC and Tinubu glows in showing shame
Re: Dangote Vs NNPC: Here’s What Happens Next, By Mayowa Tijani by emmi14: 2:07am On Jul 24
Dangote cannot win the fight against Federal government. They will end up exposing themselves at the end dangote will lose because APC and Tinubu glows in showing shame
Re: Dangote Vs NNPC: Here’s What Happens Next, By Mayowa Tijani by Santalpharay: 8:47am On Jul 24
Saturnalia:

I agree with you.

NNPCL/NMDPRA are the reason why Nigerians are suffering.

These corrupt & morally decadent Government officials collected Billions of Dollars for how many years? in the name of Turnaround Maintenance and none of the refineries have produced a single drop of petrol; yet nobody has held any of them accountable.

Now that the Dangote Refinery is about to bail us out; they accuse him producing inferior products.

This matter is very simple to resolve. Dangote has challenged the Lawmakers/FG to collect samples from random Fuel Stations and from his own Refinery and conduct lab tests to ascertain who is feeding Nigerians with inferior petrochemical products.

I have learnt a very great lesson from this dispute. No matter how wealthy I become, I will NEVER invest my money in Nigeria.

Nigerians are envious dream killers.

Some lunatics are already saying Dangote monopolized Cement. Is it only Dangote that is selling Cement in Nigeria?

If Dangote’s Cement is too expensive for you, then buy from LaFarge or BUA.

I am not surprised they are accusing Dangote of Monopoly since their own agenda is to facilitate the destruction of Nigeria - in the hopes of actualizing their utopian Country.

They want the dispute between Dangote and the NNPCL/NMDPRA to fester so that they can continue blaming Tinubu for their woes.

When the hero stumbles, the cowards rejoice. Nothing feels better to a coward than to watch a brave man fall.

So who are you now blaming for your misfortune of a country. Because in your comment you started by blaming NNPC, then all of a sudden you diverted to blaming the government. Then towards the end of the comment you shifted the blame to imaginary people who want to have their 'utopian" country according to you. Chameleon
Re: Dangote Vs NNPC: Here’s What Happens Next, By Mayowa Tijani by emmnprince(m): 12:00pm On Jul 24
YellowbaMoslem:
Now that a Yoruba man is the president, we the Yorubas no longer want northern monopoly in the oil sector.

This is not Buhari regime, una go learn!

So after Tinubu regime is over and another regime, either from the North, South-South or South-East, is in place, you expect them to to also reverse most policies that is benefiting Yorubas or South-West abi?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

EFCC Arraigns Five For $4m Global Fund Fraud / Don’t Come To Kaduna - Shehu Sani Warns Tourists, Others / Hoodlums Set Police Station Ablaze In Imo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.