Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,323 members, 7,967,819 topics. Date: Sunday, 06 October 2024 at 09:36 AM

The Idrisid Dynasty: Foundations And Legacy Of Morocco's First Islamic State - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Idrisid Dynasty: Foundations And Legacy Of Morocco's First Islamic State (119 Views)

The Story Of The Benin's Kingdom In Connection To Oduduwa's Dynasty In Ile Ife! / Iru Kingdom: The End Of A Dominating Dynasty / The Solomonic Dynasty (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Idrisid Dynasty: Foundations And Legacy Of Morocco's First Islamic State by mizabo10: 3:34pm On Jul 23
Founding of the Idrisid Dynasty :

The Idrisid Dynasty's foundation marks a significant chapter in the history of Morocco and the broader Islamic world. Its origins trace back to Idris I, a descendant of the Prophet Muhammad through his grandson Hasan ibn Ali. In 785 CE, Idris I fled the Abbasid Caliphate after the Battle of Fakhkh, where many members of the Prophet's family were killed. Seeking refuge in the distant Maghreb, he found sanctuary among the Awraba Berber tribe in the region of modern-day Morocco. The Awraba, discontent with the existing political situation and inspired by Idris I's noble lineage, offered their support, allowing him to establish a new political entity.

Idris I's arrival in Morocco was not just a political maneuver but also a religious one. His presence and leadership significantly contributed to the spread of Islam in the region, converting the local Berber tribes from their traditional beliefs to Islam. Idris I established his capital at Walili (Volubilis), an ancient Roman city, where he began to lay the foundations of a new state. His ability to unite various Berber tribes under his leadership was crucial in consolidating his power and expanding his influence. Unfortunately, his reign was short-lived; he was assassinated in 791, likely at the behest of the Abbasid Caliphate, which viewed his growing power as a threat.
Read more >>> https://ziopast..com/2024/07/the-idrisid-dynasty-foundations-and.html

(1) (Reply)

Do Awos Of Orunmila Do Human Rituals?. / The Heritage We Have / Financial Advisor Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.