Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,822 members, 7,902,625 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 July 2024 at 01:26 PM

Toke Makinwa Goes Religious, Says With God, No Bad Economy Affects Her - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Toke Makinwa Goes Religious, Says With God, No Bad Economy Affects Her (16332 Views)

Toke Makinwa Goes Braless In New Beautiful Photos / Toke Makinwa Goes Bungee Jumping On World's Highest Bridge, Fans React / Toke Makinwa Goes Braless In New Photo, Falz & Other Nigerians React (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Toke Makinwa Goes Religious, Says With God, No Bad Economy Affects Her by Gerrard59(m): 12:18pm On Jul 25
LDaVinci:

Can I ask you a question? Do you live in Lagos, and if you do, how often do you go out for entertainment and relaxation? I mean normally, as in over say, the last five or even ten years, do you do so regularly? To restaurants, bars, hotels, clubs, etc.
Well, I don't live in Lagos and I don't frequent clubs. But I have had Nairalanders write that our men can spend close to 10 million naira while clubbing. Our young women take beautiful and slutty pictures in upscale restaurants. In other states notably Edo, in the capital Benin, people write that clubs are still filled. What about Abuja and Kano? Extravagant weddings and parties are held every weekend. In Imo, hotels are still constructed. No be ghosts dey patronise them na.

Nigerians are not suffering. I am yet to be convinced. grin

1 Like

Re: Toke Makinwa Goes Religious, Says With God, No Bad Economy Affects Her by LDaVinci: 12:39pm On Jul 25
Gerrard59:

Well, I don't live in Lagos and I don't frequent clubs. But I have had Nairalanders write that our men can spend close to 10 million naira while clubbing. Our young women take beautiful and slutty pictures in upscale restaurants. In other states notably Edo, in the capital Benin, people write that clubs are still filled. What about Abuja and Kano? Extravagant weddings and parties are held every weekend. In Imo, hotels are still constructed. No be ghosts dey patronise them na.

Nigerians are not suffering. I am yet to be convinced. grin

My dear brother, take it from one addicted to fine dining and touring the finest bars and clubs regularly. I cannot speak for elsewhere, but Lagos, particularly the Island, has become a ghost town compared to last year.
Re: Toke Makinwa Goes Religious, Says With God, No Bad Economy Affects Her by Gerrard59(m): 12:48pm On Jul 25
LDaVinci:

My dear brother, take it from one addicted to fine dining and touring the finest bars and clubs regularly. I cannot speak for elsewhere, but Lagos, particularly the Island, has become a ghost town compared to last year.
Most of the owners of those establishments have connections to Tinubu. They should not complain, please.

1 Like

Re: Toke Makinwa Goes Religious, Says With God, No Bad Economy Affects Her by LDaVinci: 12:50pm On Jul 25
Gerrard59:

Most of the owners of those establishments have connections to Tinubu. They should not complain, please.

Forget that. Its not just about the owners. I am telling you the social buzz in town has quietened. And thats tragic for people like me.
Re: Toke Makinwa Goes Religious, Says With God, No Bad Economy Affects Her by Gerrard59(m): 12:56pm On Jul 25
LDaVinci:

Forget that. Its not just about the owners. I am telling you the social buzz in town has quietened. And thats tragic for people like me.
You save the money for something else. But weddings should be held every Saturday na. After parties and other parties such as birthdays, naming ceremonies, house parties (Toke is an expert on this concept) etc.

Honestly, I doubt Nigerians are suffering o. I am yet to be convinced, sorry for being stubborn here.
Re: Toke Makinwa Goes Religious, Says With God, No Bad Economy Affects Her by Adakintroy: 1:02pm On Jul 25
LDaVinci:

Coward and slave.

Go farm for village every body must not de city.
Re: Toke Makinwa Goes Religious, Says With God, No Bad Economy Affects Her by Adakintroy: 1:04pm On Jul 25
Bayyajidda:

Pity for yourself. As old as you are, you care more about "Tinubu Hussle" when your fellow Nigerians especially children are dropping dead due to starvation. I rather stand with the oppressed people than stand with the heartless oppressors because they are my tribesmen.

Nigeria is not for weaklings. Double your Hussle. When tinubu start him political caree some of una de sleep or de tear fufu. Now you wan beef no like am just respect am.
Re: Toke Makinwa Goes Religious, Says With God, No Bad Economy Affects Her by LDaVinci: 1:10pm On Jul 25
Adakintroy:

Go farm for village every body must not de city.

grin
Re: Toke Makinwa Goes Religious, Says With God, No Bad Economy Affects Her by LDaVinci: 1:11pm On Jul 25
Adakintroy:

Nigeria is not for weaklings. Double your Hussle. When tinubu start him political caree some of una de sleep or de tear fufu. Now you wan beef no like am just respect am.

U be true slave oh.
Re: Toke Makinwa Goes Religious, Says With God, No Bad Economy Affects Her by LDaVinci: 1:14pm On Jul 25
Gerrard59:

You save the money for something else. But weddings should be held every Saturday na. After parties and other parties such as birthdays, naming ceremonies, house parties (Toke is an expert on this concept) etc.

Honestly, I doubt Nigerians are suffering o. I am yet to be convinced, sorry for being stubborn here.

I am sorry to ask and pls forgive me if this sounds offensive, because no offense is meant.

Do you pay your own bills? In all aspects? Housing, food, electricity, transport (and others, e.g: School fees if you have children etc).

And if you do, for how long have you done these?
Re: Toke Makinwa Goes Religious, Says With God, No Bad Economy Affects Her by Teejaney88(m): 1:47pm On Jul 25
I can clearly see the 'God' she's talking about...😎
Re: Toke Makinwa Goes Religious, Says With God, No Bad Economy Affects Her by arsenal33: 1:56pm On Jul 25
With Big god, No Bad Economy Affects Her
Re: Toke Makinwa Goes Religious, Says With God, No Bad Economy Affects Her by Adakintroy: 2:12pm On Jul 25
LDaVinci:

U be true slave oh.

Ok. Go protest you go hear ween!
Re: Toke Makinwa Goes Religious, Says With God, No Bad Economy Affects Her by Gerrard59(m): 2:43pm On Jul 25
LDaVinci:

I am sorry to ask and pls forgive me if this sounds offensive, because no offense is meant.

Do you pay your own bills? In all aspects? Housing, food, electricity, transport (and others, e.g: School fees if you have children etc).

And if you do, for how long have you done these?

I pay my bills as a single man without children. I have been doing so for a while.

For the record though, I am not living in Nigeria. Does this count for anything?
Re: Toke Makinwa Goes Religious, Says With God, No Bad Economy Affects Her by JoeEeL(m): 2:52pm On Jul 25
caye:

Oga mii, I slaute your wisdom sir!

You spoke what had been in my mind for years...what I had been suspecting, but couldn't bring it into words:

Baba, when Tinubu was "enthroned" ( I can't say voted), many prophets and pastors in SW were making declarations " that this Tinubu regime will favour (ONLY) me & my family; even in famine, I will smile!".
Majority of those clerics are now experiencing low patronage in their businesses; some of their chucrch members no longer attend church regularly or be cajoled to pay big-big tithes, due to the annoyance of hunger and ppl " don dey open eyes" gradually.
Many Christians who were sheepishly following the yearly prophecies of Pa Adeboye & others are now very extremely angry ( but dem dey bottle dé anger for now).

Nigerians, most esp. Yorùbá Christians , think that they can be successful, eat well, be rich, their children go to fine-fine schools and their lives will still be secured from the legions of hungry, poor and increasingly violent poor masses. They believe " pentecostal grace" will be enough for them.
While we praise self-reliance and seeking to better oneself, we must also remember ,
" agbajọwọ la fi n sọ'ya" ( only united , can we overcome poverty ).

This means that if we lose our country to religious and economic terrorists ( fulani/ bokos, and political looters) , our lives will become meaningless even if we succeed individually.

The Chinese and south Koreans know that your personal success IS ALSO DEPENDENT ON THE SUCCESS OF YOUR COMMUNITY/ ETHNICITY. That's why :

- they won't sell their brothers to the whites
- they help themselves succeed economically
- they invest in helping one of them to rise, and that one will pull others up

- in their families, 1 person won't be using witchcraft to destroy the lives of the young children of the family

- they no longer engage in human sacrifice or rituals, as these bring negative karma to ALL THE MEMBERS OF THE COMMUNITY

Many Christians have been killed by bad roads causing accidents, terrorists and ritualists.
How do you expect to continue to prosper under these conditions individually, if NOTHING IS DONE to deliver our ethnicities COLLECTIVELY?

Kudos to you Ẹgbọn.

You have spoken very intelligently bro. You know na, some scripture says a thousand will fall by our left and another ten thousand by our right... these things promote selfishness and too much individualism. This is a recipe for disorganisation and piecemeal-dividing-to-conquer. It doesn't make sense. Even if all that fall by our sides are all enemies, it should still be a thing of concern, and what makes it worse is that the writer doesn't even specify whether its the enemies or not. For all we know, it could be friends.

And if you read the scriptures very well, you'd observe that the term 'enemy', 'the wicked' etc. are sometimes used interchangably for 'unbelievers' -- in other words, people who don't believe in your same god or saviour. This is not just anomalous, this is outright idiocy. This means if there are 5,000 people believing 5,000 unique gods each, so that means all 5,000 become enemies to each other. How would this foster growth and organisation?

It is because of things like this you'll hear a testimony in church about someone thanking his 'god' for coming out of an accident while all others died. After all, the bible said 1,000 shall fall by his side, so why the fuss on just 10 or 20 fellow passengers dying in a mere bus accident? Maybe 980 people more have to die before we can say "oh, it's now a big deal".

Admittedly there are some good ideological parts of these foreign religions but let's not shy away from the bad parts -- which are many.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Toke Makinwa Goes Religious, Says With God, No Bad Economy Affects Her by LDaVinci: 3:04pm On Jul 25
Gerrard59:

I pay my bills as a single man without children. I have been doing so for a while.

For the record though, I am not living in Nigeria. Does this count for anything?

Of course it counts for everything. That settles it.

If you were living here, and paying your bills here, you will understand.

To summarize it though, the prices of virtually every single commodity has jumped by more than 100 per cent since last year - in many cases, by 200 - 300 per cent.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Toke Makinwa Goes Religious, Says With God, No Bad Economy Affects Her by Gerrard59(m): 3:06pm On Jul 25
LDaVinci:

To summarize it though, the prices of virtually every single commodity has jumped by more than 100 per cent since last year - in many cases, by 200 - 300 per cent.
OK. I see. Thanks for your perspective.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Toke Makinwa Goes Religious, Says With God, No Bad Economy Affects Her by seguno2: 4:15pm On Jul 25
LDaVinci:

Since Tinubu more than doubled the minimum wage, everyone and everything should be fine.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Toke Makinwa Goes Religious, Says With God, No Bad Economy Affects Her by LDaVinci: 4:19pm On Jul 25
seguno2:

Since Tinubu more than doubled the minimum wage, everyone and everything should be fine.

I dont think you are alright.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Toke Makinwa Goes Religious, Says With God, No Bad Economy Affects Her by seguno2: 5:18pm On Jul 25
LDaVinci:
I dont think you are alright.

grin grin

Na sarcasm o, abeg make you no curse me.

2 Likes

Re: Toke Makinwa Goes Religious, Says With God, No Bad Economy Affects Her by LDaVinci: 5:44pm On Jul 25
seguno2:

grin grin

Na sarcasm o, abeg make you no curse me.

Ah, Pele oh. It missed me.

3 Likes

Re: Toke Makinwa Goes Religious, Says With God, No Bad Economy Affects Her by anonimi: 5:23am On Jul 26
Gerrard59:

Is this based on what you have seen Asians doing to have a strong economy and better living standards for travelling stress free with their national passports

If it is not based on this, then what is the point of your exposure to the Asian people?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Toke Makinwa Goes Religious, Says With God, No Bad Economy Affects Her by TableLeg(m): 7:16am On Jul 26
The ones wey bad economy dey affect, God no like them abi?
Useless pea brained fake yansh ashawo!
Re: Toke Makinwa Goes Religious, Says With God, No Bad Economy Affects Her by TableLeg(m): 7:16am On Jul 26
Useless pea brained fake yansh ashi!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Toke Makinwa Goes Religious, Says With God, No Bad Economy Affects Her by Gerrard59(m): 8:08am On Jul 26
anonimi:

Is this based on what you have seen Asians doing to have a strong economy and better living standards for travelling stress free with their national passports

If it is not based on this, then what is the point of your exposure to the Asian people?

I no understand your post o. If I get you correctly, East Asians don't flex life after working so hard or they should not flex life at all?
Re: Toke Makinwa Goes Religious, Says With God, No Bad Economy Affects Her by anonimi: 8:52am On Jul 26
Gerrard59:
I no understand your post o. If I get you correctly, East Asians don't flex life after working so hard or they should not flex life at all?

I imagine that they behave differently from us and that is why they are more successful collectively than we are, not so?

The question is - what are these behavioral differences that make them more successful as a group than we are? This is the type of insight that living among others gives, which is how the West eclipsed Asians, including Arabs in the not so distant past.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Toke Makinwa Goes Religious, Says With God, No Bad Economy Affects Her by anonimi: 8:54am On Jul 26
TableLeg:
Useless pea brained fake yansh ashi!

Our religiousness is so focused on individual blessings rather than working for the neighbours benefit and community wellbeing hence why we are shortchanging ourselves perpetually.

Is this not the essence of Love your neighbour as yourself

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Toke Makinwa Goes Religious, Says With God, No Bad Economy Affects Her by Gerrard59(m): 1:10pm On Jul 26
anonimi:

I imagine that they behave differently from us and that is why they are more successful collectively than we are, not so?

The question is - what are these behavioral differences that make them more successful as a group than we are? This is the type of insight that living among others gives, which is how the West eclipsed Asians, including Arabs in the not so distant past.

Quite a lot, but from interactions so far:
- They work very hard
- They take full responsibility for their actions
- They follow the law, are disciplined and are very orderly. There is a culture of shame, so people try not to bring it to themselves and their families.
- Based on the shame factor, there is a great emphasis on trust. So, the society has a strong social trust system. Homogeneity aka cultural similarities also contributes.
- Still on the shame factor, people are penalised for their ill-actions. Nothing like Oga abeg.
- Great emphasis on mathematics and related disciplines with accepting data even if they don't like the outcome.
...and many more.

The similarity I have seen with Africans is that they defer to authority. However, the authorities here have been competent, unlike back home.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Toke Makinwa Goes Religious, Says With God, No Bad Economy Affects Her by anonimi: 2:25pm On Jul 26
Gerrard59:
Quite a lot, but from interactions so far:
- They work very hard
- They take full responsibility for their actions
- They follow the law, are disciplined and are very orderly. There is a culture of shame, so people try not to bring it to themselves and their families.
- Based on the shame factor, there is a great emphasis on trust. So, the society has a strong social trust system. Homogeneity aka cultural similarities also contributes.
- Still on the shame factor, people are penalised for their ill-actions. Nothing like Oga abeg.
- Great emphasis on mathematics and related disciplines with accepting data even if they don't like the outcome.
...and many more.

The similarity I have seen with Africans is that they defer to authority. However, the authorities here have been competent, unlike back home.

Many thanks for offering the information.

Hopefully those who have seen these differences can work relentlessly to make us behave similarly here.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fallout: Beyonce Under Fire For Blackface Photos. / Raymond Ekwu, Eucharia Anunobi's Late Son's 1st Remembrance Anniversary / First Photos Of Buhari's New Wife's On Her Wedding Day +Plus wedding I.V

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.