Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,305 members, 7,936,889 topics. Date: Sunday, 01 September 2024 at 06:58 AM

Naira Depreciates To N1,575/$ In Parallel Market - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Depreciates To N1,575/$ In Parallel Market (6593 Views)

Naira Depreciates To N1,305/$ In Parallel Market / Naira Depreciates To ₦‎1,300/$ In Official Market / Naira Depreciates To ₦410 Per Dollar As Local Currency Weakens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Naira Depreciates To N1,575/$ In Parallel Market by ogododo: 6:50am On Jul 25
The Naira yesterday depreciated to N1,575 per dollar in the parallel market from N1,565 per dollar on Tuesday. However, the Naira depreciated to N1,586.71 per dollar in the Nigerian Autonomous Foreign Exchange Market, NAFEM.

Data from FMDQ showed that the indicative exchange rate for NAFEM rose to N1,586.71 per dollar from N1,548.76 per dollar on Tuesday, indicating N37.95 depreciation for the naira.

How 'pregnant' passenger stole my car, made me unconscious - 43-yr-old man narrates experience0:00 / 1:07

The volume of dollars traded (turnover) in the market fell by 39 percent to $171.03 million from $280.92 million traded on Tuesday.

Consequently, the margin between the parallel market and NAFEM rate narrowed to N11.71 per dollar from N16.08 per dollar on Tuesday.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/07/naira-depreciates-to-n1575-in-parallel-market-2/

2 Likes

Re: Naira Depreciates To N1,575/$ In Parallel Market by asakoko: 6:58am On Jul 25
Hmmm
Re: Naira Depreciates To N1,575/$ In Parallel Market by princepeter566: 7:00am On Jul 25
Let's give tinubu more time to deliver.
He has spent not even up to 8 years yet.
Tinubu till 2090

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Naira Depreciates To N1,575/$ In Parallel Market by OkCornel(m): 7:12am On Jul 25
Nigerians are still waiting for Tinubu’s promise in April 2023 o. Naira will exchange for 300 to the USD in the “short term”

28 Likes

Re: Naira Depreciates To N1,575/$ In Parallel Market by JASONjnr(m): 7:23am On Jul 25
BrodaBenad:
Tinubu sl#ves will tell you why its important reduce our international purchasing power grin

we must protest cool

I support Atiku

Atiku that is corrupt.... A man that is keeping Nigeria in darkness just to sell his generators...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Depreciates To N1,575/$ In Parallel Market by Racoon(m): 7:25am On Jul 25
And the struggling masses and economy continues to take the hit. Meanwhile, Reno Omokri have long abandoned his buy Nigeria grow Nigeria campaign. Dollar have gone back to where the government was masquerading it not to be.

18 Likes

Re: Naira Depreciates To N1,575/$ In Parallel Market by MasterJayJay: 8:18am On Jul 25
Reno Omonkey: Peter Obi is the reason that naira has depreciated. Fact-check me and win 10,000 dollars in naira equivalent if I am wrong.

Vultures of babablu: Reno is wonderful, always hitting them with facts.

53 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Naira Depreciates To N1,575/$ In Parallel Market by saddler: 9:57am On Jul 25
Lets give Tinubu the disaster more time to destroy the naira before we consider protesting.

Meanwhile...

Dj Cardi B on the beats. cool

21 Likes

Re: Naira Depreciates To N1,575/$ In Parallel Market by money121(m): 9:58am On Jul 25
Ok

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Depreciates To N1,575/$ In Parallel Market by WHEREISMANNA: 9:58am On Jul 25
Hm
Re: Naira Depreciates To N1,575/$ In Parallel Market by mightyhaze: 9:58am On Jul 25
Be patient ...the man is just some months in office... Gej spent UpTo 2 yrs before we started hounding him...

But damage u don cause in less than a year don surpass even bughari disastrous 8 yrs cheesy

20 Likes

Re: Naira Depreciates To N1,575/$ In Parallel Market by IceLip: 9:58am On Jul 25
F
Re: Naira Depreciates To N1,575/$ In Parallel Market by Smartcitizen: 9:58am On Jul 25
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

GIVE TINUBU 30 YEARS LET'S CHECK SOMETHING.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Depreciates To N1,575/$ In Parallel Market by RedAlert08(m): 9:58am On Jul 25
q
Re: Naira Depreciates To N1,575/$ In Parallel Market by Franzinni: 9:59am On Jul 25
Nice 👍... Our mumu is twerking

6 Likes

Re: Naira Depreciates To N1,575/$ In Parallel Market by Mindsetmindset: 9:59am On Jul 25
Tinubu is empty intellectually. This man has proved beyond every reasonable doubt is confused about the state of affairs around him and governance.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Depreciates To N1,575/$ In Parallel Market by payaseriy: 9:59am On Jul 25
This is bad. D govt is focusing her action against protesters, and the country keeps falling down like London Bridge Rhymes.

I have been trying to sell a website and hosting that I spent more than 500k to get. I am offering to sell for 100k plus d unlimited hosting account but people are complaining that the economy doesn't allow them access to money anymore.

This thing that is going on nationwide, it no longer a joking mata. People like Apc big wings do not feel this heat at all, and we can't blame them. Many of them spend above 10million everyday for food and domestic staffs, how can such person understand u when u tell him u are hungry?

To them, we are a nobody to be used for their ambitions. So many things to talk bt let me respect myself.

6 Likes

Re: Naira Depreciates To N1,575/$ In Parallel Market by Hemanwel(m): 10:00am On Jul 25
Let's be truthful to ourselves: this hardship protest we are talking about had been carried out in some Southwest States like Oyo, Ogun and Lagos before now. So, why are APC goons making it look like it was planned, started and originated by Peter Obi or Obidients? The popular 'ebi n pawa' video was one of such protests done in one of the SW States aforementioned. We have also seen videos where people were chanting 'Tinubu ole'. No hardship protests have been carried out in the east.

10 Likes

Re: Naira Depreciates To N1,575/$ In Parallel Market by lexy2014: 10:00am On Jul 25
JASONjnr:

Atiku that is corrupt.... A man that is keeping Nigeria in darkness just to sell his generators...

how is atiku keeping nigeria in darkness?

which generator does atiku have that he wants to sell?

5 Likes

Re: Naira Depreciates To N1,575/$ In Parallel Market by Didijiji: 10:00am On Jul 25
Depreciation
Depreciation
Depreciation
Depreciation
Depreciation
Depreciation

Wetin the even vex me na the confidence the CBN governor and President talks every time they do, as if they have turned Nigeria to Dubai not knowing they move us closer to Somalia

4 Likes

Re: Naira Depreciates To N1,575/$ In Parallel Market by samsegs(m): 10:01am On Jul 25
Just bouncing around < > #1500
Re: Naira Depreciates To N1,575/$ In Parallel Market by Jokerman(m): 10:02am On Jul 25
Na wa o

Why is every bad luck following Tinubu sef?

1 Like

Re: Naira Depreciates To N1,575/$ In Parallel Market by Analyst7: 10:02am On Jul 25
Them no go even need tell una to protest anymore

1 Like

Re: Naira Depreciates To N1,575/$ In Parallel Market by Johnbullirabor7(m): 10:04am On Jul 25
Where is Isah Kperogi ,the learned scholar.Am yearning to read your articles.

1 Like

Re: Naira Depreciates To N1,575/$ In Parallel Market by Freetech: 10:04am On Jul 25
Comments from Obi followers always reek lot of economic ignorance, I dont know what the problem is, maybe result of long time hawking gala inside sun or that Obi adviser is a mad man

Exchange rate is not a measure of a country well being but rather economic tool to help a country increase her productivity. UK and US devalue their currency too that's why you can't get a new vehicle at $4k today like in 1980s

GDP of a country determine the economic state of a country. The problem of Nigeria today is therefore not exchange rate but that we are producing less than what support the rate of our population growth

Nigeria population double every 20 to 25 years (our population is more than double today compare to 1999). Since our productivity always fall below the population growth the resultant effect is devaluation of currency, more debt to make up the gap between available and required resources to sustain the population.

It's pathetic thhat the opposition is telling Nigerian what they want to hear instead of the truth

Reduce childbirth to 3 per man and increase productivity. This what China did - 1 child per couple

Is it not bad enough that we cannot feed ourselves
Tell me the new invention/innovation coming from our tertiary institution?

Why do we have to continue trying to live chinese and American life in Nigeria thereby importing just anything including rubbish..

When sane country devalue their currency import drop and export increase. However naija case is other way round, import bill continue to increase, so naira will continue to devalue or we increase our debt to make up.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Naira Depreciates To N1,575/$ In Parallel Market by Enddy50ty(m): 10:04am On Jul 25
I’m afraid Naira might hit 5k per Dollar 💵 before this disaster leaves office in his first full term.

2 Likes

Re: Naira Depreciates To N1,575/$ In Parallel Market by specialmati(m): 10:05am On Jul 25
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin when I remember this I laugh.once upon a time .this tinubu na confirm crook ooh why can't he make this dollar 200.so with all the agberos support,he can't deliver

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Naira Depreciates To N1,575/$ In Parallel Market by Mitsurugi(m): 10:06am On Jul 25
Be patient, Tinubu might not know what he's doing but he will turn it around. In a way. Anyway. Which way? One way.

Naira will fall to N200 to a dollar, N16 less than what irritated him during Jonathan's tenure.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

'Chinese Formular' For Baking Bread? / Uk High Court Orders, Erastus Akingbola, To Surrender £68 Million To Ib Plc / My Money Has Disappeared!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.