Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,879 members, 7,902,823 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 July 2024 at 05:06 PM

Naira Depreciates To N1,575/$ In Parallel Market - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Naira Depreciates To N1,575/$ In Parallel Market (6380 Views)

Naira Depreciates To N1,305/$ In Parallel Market / Naira Depreciates To ₦‎1,300/$ In Official Market / Naira Depreciates To ₦410 Per Dollar As Local Currency Weakens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naira Depreciates To N1,575/$ In Parallel Market by jaxxy(m): 10:07am On Jul 25
Going to 1700 soon.
Re: Naira Depreciates To N1,575/$ In Parallel Market by Originalsly: 10:08am On Jul 25
OkCornel:

We are still waiting for Tinubu’s promise in April 2023 o. Naira will exchange for 300 to the USD in the “short term”

Be did collaborate with the Central Bank ... and lowered the exchange rate in the short term ... but not to the N300 mark. Did he not harmonize with the Central Bank and be pumping cash to back the Naira?.... and the exchange rate kept lowering?.... until he couldn't back it any longer? Now it's depreciating again ... maybe he will harmonize with international partners and take a massive loan to back the Naira. It is good to remind his blind followers of the campaign promises they swallowed hook, line and sinker.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Naira Depreciates To N1,575/$ In Parallel Market by moremuch1(m): 10:10am On Jul 25
payaseriy:
This is bad. D govt is focusing her action against protesters, and the country keeps falling down like London Bridge Rhymes.

I have been trying to sell a website and hosting that I spent more than 500k to get. I am offering to sell for 100k plus d unlimited hosting account but people are complaining that the economy doesn't allow them access to money anymore.

This thing that is going on nationwide, it no longer a joking mata. People like Apc big wings do not feel this heat at all, and we can't blame them. Many of them spend above 10million everyday for food and domestic staffs, how can such person understand u when u tell him u are hungry?

To them, we are a nobody to be used for their ambitions. So many things to talk bt let me respect myself.
Is the website still available bro?!
Re: Naira Depreciates To N1,575/$ In Parallel Market by Mitsurugi(m): 10:10am On Jul 25
JASONjnr:

Atiku that is corrupt.... A man that is keeping Nigeria in darkness just to sell his generators...

And if subsequent governments have allowed Atiku to persist in this sabotage what does that make them? Una no dey reason, I swear grin
Re: Naira Depreciates To N1,575/$ In Parallel Market by oloriooko(m): 10:11am On Jul 25
when tinubu came in a pound was 910-920 now its 2100-2200 in less than 2 yrs, what an achievement angry
Re: Naira Depreciates To N1,575/$ In Parallel Market by alimiadedayo1: 10:11am On Jul 25
lexy2014:

how is atiku keeping nigeria in darkness?

which generator does atiku have that he wants to sell?
Don't mind those people who are very stupid from their mothers womb..Abeg wentin concern Atiku with this, is he the one in government making people to be hungry

1 Like

Re: Naira Depreciates To N1,575/$ In Parallel Market by strangest(m): 10:13am On Jul 25
Binance
Re: Naira Depreciates To N1,575/$ In Parallel Market by Garnachoo(m): 10:23am On Jul 25
What kind of country is this
Re: Naira Depreciates To N1,575/$ In Parallel Market by ClearFlair: 10:33am On Jul 25
JASONjnr:

Atiku that is corrupt.... A man that is keeping Nigeria in darkness just to sell his generators...

Though he's not the best choice in my opinion, he is not as clueless as these APC people

1 Like

Re: Naira Depreciates To N1,575/$ In Parallel Market by phadul: 10:35am On Jul 25
And they are telling people to be patient until when naira becomes 10k per dollar, food inflation to rise 1500% as it's averaging 400% yearly, and when bandits occupy our houses legally among others! Even if it happens you will continue to tell us to be patient while you gallavant the world with looted oil money. I see your wisdom sir
Re: Naira Depreciates To N1,575/$ In Parallel Market by payaseriy: 10:37am On Jul 25
moremuch1:

yes boss
Re: Naira Depreciates To N1,575/$ In Parallel Market by Deefirm: 10:42am On Jul 25
Atiku is controlling your power sector from outside, since himself and OBJ left office till now abi? I don't the surgical operations that will be carried out on you APC members to correct your brain I swear!!!

JASONjnr:

Re: Naira Depreciates To N1,575/$ In Parallel Market by callmevirus(m): 10:46am On Jul 25
Nothing concern me but E dey mind

Poor naira
Re: Naira Depreciates To N1,575/$ In Parallel Market by Diligence: 10:55am On Jul 25
There are only two+2 things Nigerians are yearning for:

1. Return price of fuel back to ₦185/Litre
2. Return USD Rate to ₦261/
3. Resign
4. Completely "BAND" APC

1 Like

Re: Naira Depreciates To N1,575/$ In Parallel Market by WikeTheDrunk(f): 10:55am On Jul 25
JASONjnr:

Ignoramus. Keep shut fast!!!

1 Like

Re: Naira Depreciates To N1,575/$ In Parallel Market by Taich(m): 10:57am On Jul 25
princepeter566:
Let's give tinubu more time to deliver.
He has spent not even up to 8 years yet.
Tinubu till 2090

You are right,Obi and Obedients are the ones depreciating the Naira to make BAT look bad. Naira is not when up to 2k and people are wailing.
Re: Naira Depreciates To N1,575/$ In Parallel Market by AFONJACOW(m): 10:57am On Jul 25
Be patients with the president he will make 1 dollar equal to 1 Naira 🙄🙄🙄🙄 olodos

1 Like

Re: Naira Depreciates To N1,575/$ In Parallel Market by Funshowilliams: 10:59am On Jul 25
Freetech:
Comments from Obi followers always reek lot of economic ignorance, I dont know what the problem is, maybe result of long time hawking gala inside sun or that Obi adviser is a mad man

Exchange rate is not a measure of a country well being but rather economic tool to help a country increase her productivity. UK and US devalue their currency too that's why you can't get a new vehicle at $4k today like in 1980s

GDP of a country determine the economic state of a country. The problem of Nigeria today is therefore not exchange rate but that we are producing less than what support the rate of our population growth

Nigeria population double every 20 to 25 years (our population is more than double today compare to 1999). Since our productivity always fall below the population growth the resultant effect is devaluation of currency, more debt to make up the gap between available and required resources to sustain the population.

It's pathetic thhat the opposition is telling Nigerian what they want to hear instead of the truth

Reduce childbirth to 3 per man and increase productivity. This what China did - 1 child per couple

Is it not bad enough that we cannot feed ourselves
Tell me the new invention/innovation coming from our tertiary institution?

Why do we have to continue trying to live chinese and American life in Nigeria thereby importing just anything including rubbish..

When sane country devalue their currency import drop and export increase. However naija case is other way round, import bill continue to increase, so naira will continue to devalue or we increase our debt to make up.

The only thing that makes you this foolish and stupid is because you are a Yoruba man honestly being Yoruba makes ur stupidity more because u have so much pride in ur stupidity thinking you are wise makes you even more fooolish and as time goes on ur foolishness will be revealed just like ur master Tinubu owns foolishness is revealing gradually let’s wait for Trump to be president then we see what will happen globally 🤣🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: Naira Depreciates To N1,575/$ In Parallel Market by Snowx: 11:13am On Jul 25
Freetech:
Comments from Obi followers always reek lot of economic ignorance, I dont know what the problem is, maybe result of long time hawking gala inside sun or that Obi adviser is a mad man

Exchange rate is not a measure of a country well being but rather economic tool to help a country increase her productivity. UK and US devalue their currency too that's why you can't get a new vehicle at $4k today like in 1980s

GDP of a country determine the economic state of a country. The problem of Nigeria today is therefore not exchange rate but that we are producing less than what support the rate of our population growth

Nigeria population double every 20 to 25 years (our population is more than double today compare to 1999). Since our productivity always fall below the population growth the resultant effect is devaluation of currency, more debt to make up the gap between available and required resources to sustain the population.

It's pathetic thhat the opposition is telling Nigerian what they want to hear instead of the truth

Reduce childbirth to 3 per man and increase productivity. This what China did - 1 child per couple

Why do we have to continue trying to live chinese and American life in Nigeria thereby importing just anything including rubbish..

When sane country devalue their currency import drop and export increase. However naija case is other way round, import bill continue to increase, so naira will continue to devalue or we increase our debt to make up.

You made your point known to those who could read what you just stated..why calling out Obidients? Obidients swear for you guyz?? Make una rest for Obi matter is true the man is too good to be ignored..

Yes devaluation of naira can cause anything in economy..if you re a business man you will know very well that this naira fluctuation is causes a big instability in businesses..if they can't produce why would they made promise that they can't keep? Naira will will be 1naira to dollar, fuel will be sold at 150, food supply will increase, electricity will increase, insecurity will disappear bla bla blah..tell me one thing your Tinubu did in his one year in office? No investment attraction rather investors are leaving the country..let's shun ethnic and political sentiments and call a spade a spade..Nigeria is in a precarious situation, if these protest will bring us out of this imbroglio it will be recorded in history.
Re: Naira Depreciates To N1,575/$ In Parallel Market by sonssyo(f): 11:23am On Jul 25
specialmati:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin when I remember this I laugh.once upon a time .this tinubu na confirm crook ooh why can't he make this dollar 200.so with all the agberos support,he can't deliver

The northerners believed in their brother then, he came in and they were waiting for the miraculous only to end up been scammed. I could remember when I was still in the north and wanted to buy school bag for my little niece, I was pricing the bag 1500 and one Hausa man passed by and said, make I no worry that once Buhari enters everything will be free, electricity ,education etc, dollar will go down to 100 naira and all. Could you believe that the same guy waited for their brother for 2-3 years and began to weep like a child that the same messiah have finished them grin grin grin This party is only for scammers or potential scammers. shocked shocked

2 Likes

Re: Naira Depreciates To N1,575/$ In Parallel Market by Brushstrokes20: 11:31am On Jul 25
Pathetic! # eBOLA wreaking havoc across the shyyythole with reckless abandon!📢📢📢📢📢
Nig is precariously sitting on a keg of gunpowder 📢📢

1 Like

Re: Naira Depreciates To N1,575/$ In Parallel Market by MichaelSokoto(m): 11:37am On Jul 25
JASONjnr:

and ur messiah enslaver cannot deal with his bizness to rescue ur suffering a$s from d alleged Atikus bondage?

Na so una like suffer?
Re: Naira Depreciates To N1,575/$ In Parallel Market by specialmati(m): 11:42am On Jul 25
sonssyo:

The northerners believed in their brother then, he came in and they were waiting for the miraculous only to end up been scammed. I could remember when I was still in the north and wanted to buy school bag for my little niece, I was pricing the bag 1500 and one Hausa man passed by and said, make I no worry that once Buhari enters everything will be free, electricity ,education etc, dollar will go down to 100 naira and all. Could you believe that the same guy waited for their brother for 2-3 years and began to weep like a child that the same messiah have finished them grin grin grin This party is only for scammers or potential scammers. shocked shocked
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin and these agberos were more disappointed.druggie entered and doubled buhari .that man must have doubled his cry grin grin grin grin buhari was fair to him not to talk of tinubu

1 Like

Re: Naira Depreciates To N1,575/$ In Parallel Market by ufotunang: 12:05pm On Jul 25
The solution to this naira depreciating against the dollars everyday is for Nigeria to be a producing economy..more exportation and less Importation and for nigerians to value patronize what they have in their own country and not everytime patronizing and buying foreign things.. foreign universities, foreign hospitals for medical treatment, foreign cars, foreign goods foods, products..all this depreciates the naira and make it to lose value against the dollars.. simple
Re: Naira Depreciates To N1,575/$ In Parallel Market by payaseriy: 12:07pm On Jul 25
moremuch1:

yes
Re: Naira Depreciates To N1,575/$ In Parallel Market by sonssyo(f): 12:15pm On Jul 25
specialmati:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin and these agberos were more disappointed.druggie entered and doubled buhari .that man must have doubled his cry grin grin grin grin buhari was fair to him not to talk of tinubu

grin grin cheesy cheesy grin grin
Re: Naira Depreciates To N1,575/$ In Parallel Market by Metrofox(m): 12:16pm On Jul 25
Jokerman:
Na wa o

Why is every bad luck following Tinubu sef?

The guy has a wicked heart deep down. Why won't bad luck follow someone that destroyed another person's government out of envy with a useless Buhari, supervising bloodshed of innocent souls all around just because you want to be president. and you expect to come and have a smooth ride? It's called karma
Re: Naira Depreciates To N1,575/$ In Parallel Market by able20(m): 12:19pm On Jul 25
How Alhaji Asiwaju Tinubu the clueless president managed to fool the so-called educated Yoruba population is a mystery.
Re: Naira Depreciates To N1,575/$ In Parallel Market by Blazetrailer: 12:28pm On Jul 25
Spot on!! Just like Fashola was found out to be loud and empty...all the noises of building lagos...strategist...brilliant accountant....na wash.

Mindsetmindset:
Tinubu is empty intellectually. This man has proved beyond every reasonable doubt is confused about the state of affairs around him and governance.

1 Like

Re: Naira Depreciates To N1,575/$ In Parallel Market by Blazetrailer: 12:38pm On Jul 25
I have read a lot of daft comments on the economy on nairaland, some bordering on pure imbecility and ignorance, I have to say this one below ranks atop all of those. Just imagine all the nonsense, lies, incongruence and ludicrous misconception all polled into one post.
UK/US devalue their currency
Exchange rate is not a measure of well being...for a country who imports more than 2/3rds of it GDP and import dependent?
Exchange rate a tool to help a country increase her productivity?...at this point I stopped reading

Freetech:

Re: Naira Depreciates To N1,575/$ In Parallel Market by Omenapounds: 12:45pm On Jul 25
The brain some people use to type here, if it's thesame brain they use to cross a busy highway, then I fear for them.
Re: Naira Depreciates To N1,575/$ In Parallel Market by zombieHUNTER: 12:54pm On Jul 25
Freetech:

What concerns Obi with the rubbish you are typing..

reduce childbirth? increase productivity?.. what has Tinubu done in this regard since taking over

Subsidy is gone on inauguration , no plans, nothing, who does that, why wouldn't the economy collapse,
The same Fool is still paying subsidy.

swerve ode

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Who Is Your Customer? [What Every Entrepreneur Need To Know] / How To Apply For (GEEP) Market Money Online Via BOI Portal / Neveah Limited Secures N20billion Upsize Of Commercial Paper Programme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.