Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,858 members, 7,902,718 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 July 2024 at 03:01 PM

U.S. Embassy Issues Alert On Potential Nationwide Protests In Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / U.S. Embassy Issues Alert On Potential Nationwide Protests In Nigeria (19975 Views)

Ignore Nationwide Protests Over Hardship At Your Peril - Salihu Mohammed Lukman / Ekweremadu: Ohanaeze Writes UK Embassy, Issues Warning To Blackmailers / How To Vote On Election Day, What Finger To Use - INEC issues Alert [MUST-SEE] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Embassy Issues Alert On Potential Nationwide Protests In Nigeria by Omoawoke: 3:25am
SarcasticWords:
grin

Do not protest against the government.

Tinubu is working. Things are changing. Inflation is rapidly disappearing.
You people should be thankful.

The job of a president is not an easy one. Let us be patient and allow our president to adjust.

Lmao, una dey craze for this NL, see meme 😂

1 Like

Re: U.S. Embassy Issues Alert On Potential Nationwide Protests In Nigeria by donmik: 3:29am
SarcasticWords:
grin

The job of a president is not an easy one. Let us be patient and allow our president to adjust.

You too much abeg.

Take #496k minimum wage
Re: U.S. Embassy Issues Alert On Potential Nationwide Protests In Nigeria by Kevineleven(m): 3:48am
sweetkev:
I swear you be werey with this Tinubu video grin
Very funny bro , a friend of mine replied to my whatapp message with the sticker of this video, Laf wan finish me that day .

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Embassy Issues Alert On Potential Nationwide Protests In Nigeria by SangoOlukosoOba(m): 3:54am
The protest will be a flop!

Protests that go wild are not usually planned. It ignites from a simple chaos and rages on like wild fire.

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Embassy Issues Alert On Potential Nationwide Protests In Nigeria by Desusi: 3:59am
handsomeyinka:
Unnecessary alert isn't necessary.

How about the Protest going on in Washington DC?
Has Nigeria government issue warning alert for her citizens in USA towards the Nov elections?
Re: U.S. Embassy Issues Alert On Potential Nationwide Protests In Nigeria by Igbokwechika101(m): 4:31am
The truth is that everybody is feeling the heat.my Igbo people stay off from this fucking shit.... ...una father.
Re: U.S. Embassy Issues Alert On Potential Nationwide Protests In Nigeria by NorthernersSuck: 4:36am
muyico:
our own safety. nko?

Does anybody care about the safety of a caged animal in a Zoo?
Re: U.S. Embassy Issues Alert On Potential Nationwide Protests In Nigeria by galantjoe(m): 4:37am
US and UN are bad advisers. It was their advice that fuel subsidy and other govt subsidies granted to it's citizens should be removed entirely. Successive govt refused to heed to that destructive advice. Tinubu heeded to it and removed subsidies, since then centre could not hold, things fall apart.

Tinubu should cancel fuel subsidy and fix pump price of fuel at 300 naira. You will see all these hardship will be reduced

Secondly govt should consider granting amnesty to bandits in northern regions as a way to boost farming in those areas infested by bandits.

Nigeria is a perculiar country with its own unique challenges. Even in US, they have Unemployment program where unemployed persons can apply for food stamps or unemployment benefit. Why we can't solve our own economic or social issues using our local Means and ways
Re: U.S. Embassy Issues Alert On Potential Nationwide Protests In Nigeria by Eriokanmi: 4:39am
SarcasticWords:
grin

Hope you said all these too during occupy Nigeria Jonathan's administration's protest, when things were quite better. There's no single day I don't see people begging since Tinubu took office. .

Tinubu's biggest and irreversible mistake was the naira he floated. He should at least have left it the way he met it and allowed the big boys to source fx wherever they could find it. They're the beneficiaries of the policy. The moment tinubu did this , otedola's shares rose astronomically, likewise that of dangote and the stock rose to the highest peak and the rich called the rise in stocks Tinubuuuuul. But how did you forget this in a hurry?

The policy hurt millions of SMEs who are the real players in the Nigeria's economy. Many have closed shop, multinationals who produce consumer goods aren't left out cos masses aren't buying, products became expensive. Dollars are being mopped up by the rich who applauded the policy at the expense of the masses.

The protest is necessary. I call it karma. It won't be a violent one as reassured by those organing it so, all the Tinubu's publicists should rest. He caused the current woes right from 2014 by inviting buhari, still same person today destroying Nigeria...only one person. Nigeria is really patient and painstaking.

Tinubu openly disrupted a peaceful government cos of his lifetime ambition. He unleashed propaganda and you took it hook , line and sinker. If you're a student, brace yourself cos you could drop out anytime. The minimum wage increased isn't up to its value in 2014 anymore. The 70k isn't even up to 50% of it. These are the stuffs that should bother you, not begging people not to exercise their rights as Nigerians peacefully.

I hope those governors and politicians discouraging Nigerians with threats would choose their words carefully cos visa ban will hit them and family. Na them they run go UK and America to treat headaches. The masses are dying.

Why is it only Nigerians that are hardest hit by the inflation? The naira floatation caused it

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: U.S. Embassy Issues Alert On Potential Nationwide Protests In Nigeria by NorthernersSuck: 4:45am
muyico:
our own safety. nko?

Does anybody care about the safety of a caged animal in a Zoo?

Re: U.S. Embassy Issues Alert On Potential Nationwide Protests In Nigeria by galantjoe(m): 4:47am
victorVIC1:

The way the man been dey shout e mi lo Kan up and down, I know say na administration of cluelessness dey load. So unfortunate

This man called Tinubu should address the nation and offer some program that can ameliorate the hardship people are facing. One of such programmes is to reinstate fuel subsidy, improve security, etc.

This Bayo should be removedd from being Tinubu spokeman.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: U.S. Embassy Issues Alert On Potential Nationwide Protests In Nigeria by Fibonacci88: 4:56am
TimeManager:
So it is true that the bitter losers are planning a violent protest. My condolence to some parents in advance.

-Kiss the truth!
U dat u are alive of what benefit are u to ur parents.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Embassy Issues Alert On Potential Nationwide Protests In Nigeria by Calylove: 5:12am
This is usual.
Other nationalities would do the same.
As usual....
Re: U.S. Embassy Issues Alert On Potential Nationwide Protests In Nigeria by abibun: 5:27am
Changing on the negative
Inflation disappearing to become unbearable
SarcasticWords:
grin

Re: U.S. Embassy Issues Alert On Potential Nationwide Protests In Nigeria by meobizy(f): 5:37am
Avoid crowds.
Yet they wonder why their people are socially awkward.
Re: U.S. Embassy Issues Alert On Potential Nationwide Protests In Nigeria by Difrent: 5:43am
SarcasticWords:
 

Source: https://ng.usembassy.gov/alert-potential-nationwide-protests/

nlfpmod

We saw your hands of Esau all over the Kenyan protests
It was when President Ruto pointedly accuse Ford foundation of funding the protests that they reduced the tempo.

We dey wait for una for naija
Re: U.S. Embassy Issues Alert On Potential Nationwide Protests In Nigeria by annyz: 5:53am
Thank God they know that the protest is for economic hardship.
Re: U.S. Embassy Issues Alert On Potential Nationwide Protests In Nigeria by victorVIC1(m): 6:03am
galantjoe:

This man called Tinubu should address the nation and offer some program that can ameliorate the hardship people are facing. One of such programmes is to reinstate fuel subsidy, improve security, etc.

This Bayo should be removedd from being Tinubu spokeman.

These are pragmatic stop gap measures that he is meant to have adopted by now. One would wonder if his advisers are not doing their job

1 Like

Re: U.S. Embassy Issues Alert On Potential Nationwide Protests In Nigeria by israelmao(m): 6:05am
With this report can bold say,that the statement by IG about foreign mercenaries hijacking peaceful protest is mere propaganda and to create unnecessary confusion.
Re: U.S. Embassy Issues Alert On Potential Nationwide Protests In Nigeria by Believeintruth: 6:15am
Omoyorubatooto:
The stupidity of the stupid felons is the fact that those that are calling UN names now will be the first t start writing the same UN when the protest is out of control like they did in endsars

Was it not the same politicians that inserted the thugs in the crowds and later used soldier to shoot at unarmed protesters in Lekki.
Re: U.S. Embassy Issues Alert On Potential Nationwide Protests In Nigeria by Believeintruth: 6:16am
TimeManager:
So it is true that the bitter losers are planning a violent protest. My condolence to some parents in advance.

-Kiss the truth!

Are you this dense. Who told you that it is bitter lossrs that are planning election. You didn't see norther groups in Kano that are hell bent on protesting?

Kiss the truth boy.
Re: U.S. Embassy Issues Alert On Potential Nationwide Protests In Nigeria by Teymanhenry(f): 6:17am
skultrick:
Only jobless people will protest. In all my life I have never joined any protest in Nigeria. The reason is because we are not a nation. We are not one people. The igbo man has no business being in same country with the yoruba man. Likewise, the yoruba man has no business being in the same country with the hausa man. The worse of it all is the igbo sharing same country with a fulani man.

I mean we are people of different ideologies.

Look at Europe, every tiny ethnic group have their country.

No protest can genuinely work I'm Nigeria.

BTW, the yeye northerners did protest during buhari tenure, it is tinubu tenure they want to protest.

Even the yeye endsars where many died for nothing they didn't protest. Instead they were looting people's business.

If this rubbish protest ever holds, many businesses will cry because all these hungry thieves will use that as an opportunity to steal people's hard earned money, of which the Igbo man will suffer the biggest casualty.

I urge every igbo man to arm themselves with cutlass and guns if possible.

To all the yeye obedients urging igbo people to join the protest, respect yourself and have Sense for once.

Any igbo man that joins this the northerners to protest is the BIGGEST F**L ON EARTH.

The northerners obviously want to destroy tinubus government. They hate to be out of power.

Again, I repeat, any stu**pid Igbo man leaving in the east or anywhere that joins this protest is an id**ot.

The fact is that no amount of protest will change the current reality Nigeria is facing. What we are facing now is the after effect of too many corruption, nepotism and every other rubbish.

From August, just like during endsars, I will Watch and read from my phone as zombi**es get killed.

Change starts from you. That's the genesis of change. When you sit and hide in the comfort of your home cowarding nothing will never change

1 Like 1 Share

Re: U.S. Embassy Issues Alert On Potential Nationwide Protests In Nigeria by Believeintruth: 6:18am
ElSudani:

Ipobidients are all over the internet promoting it.

Until you are arrested and asked to pinpoint those who are in the internet promoting it, you will have sense.
Re: U.S. Embassy Issues Alert On Potential Nationwide Protests In Nigeria by Believeintruth: 6:24am
Difrent:

We saw your hands of Esau all over the Kenyan protests
It was when President Ruto pointedly accuse Ford foundation of funding the protests that they reduced the tempo.

We dey wait for una for naija

Oga don't say what will land you in trouble.
Re: U.S. Embassy Issues Alert On Potential Nationwide Protests In Nigeria by shox(m): 6:24am
TimeManager:

-Kiss the truth!
Fulani herdsmen go rape your sisters and mother. While you and your fada go hungry. You’ll live in idp camps for Benin republic if ronu people no stop tribal bigotry
Re: U.S. Embassy Issues Alert On Potential Nationwide Protests In Nigeria by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 6:34am
SarcasticWords:
grin

you are probably a thif or an armed rubber
Re: U.S. Embassy Issues Alert On Potential Nationwide Protests In Nigeria by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 6:37am
SarcasticWords:
grin

you are probably a thif or an armed rubber. useless people always have reasons to justify failure, you either be a thief or you are a useless fellow like those in government because you are benefiting from evil going on in the Land, this is exactly how you people told us during buhari regime and the disastrous man ever lived wasted over 200milions destiny in full blown 8years, they are not actually the problem but people like you are advocating for people to remain in penury, destruction and catastrophe await your like mind who has refused to let Nigeria grow

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S. Embassy Issues Alert On Potential Nationwide Protests In Nigeria by kingthreat(m): 6:40am
If this protests can force this stupid government out, so be it.
As their greed has made them, the enemy of the people.
My own to protesters is please, don't loot shops of the average struggling Nigerian, don't attack your fellow Nigerians, do not attack police stations. If shit hits the current politicians should be your targets.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Embassy Issues Alert On Potential Nationwide Protests In Nigeria by Difrent: 6:47am
Believeintruth:

Oga don't say what will land you in trouble.

Is there any Nigerian not in trouble already?

Why are we shouting protest protest upandan if we are not in serious trouble
Re: U.S. Embassy Issues Alert On Potential Nationwide Protests In Nigeria by MikeofKd(m): 6:50am
[quote author=skultrick post=131165039]Only jobless people will protest. In all my life I have never joined any protest in Nigeria. The reason is because we are not a nation. We are not one people. The igbo man has no business being in same country with the yoruba man. Likewise, the yoruba man has no business being in the same country with the hausa man. The worse of it all is the igbo sharing same country with a fulani man.

I mean we are people of different ideologies.

Look at Europe, every tiny ethnic group have their country.

No protest can genuinely work I'm Nigeria.

BTW, the yeye northerners did protest during buhari tenure, it is tinubu tenure they want to protest.

Even the yeye endsars where many died for nothing they didn't protest. Instead they were looting people's business.

If this rubbish protest ever holds, many businesses will cry because all these hungry thieves will use that as an opportunity to steal people's hard earned money, of which the Igbo man will suffer the biggest casualty.

I urge every igbo man to arm themselves with cutlass and guns if possible.

To all the yeye obedients urging igbo people to join the protest, respect yourself and have Sense for once.

Any igbo man that joins this the northerners to protest is the BIGGEST F**L ON EARTH.

The northerners obviously want to destroy tinubus government. They hate to be out of power.

Again, I repeat, any stu**pid Igbo man leaving in the east or anywhere that joins this protest is an id**ot.

The fact is that no amount of protest will change the current reality Nigeria is facing. What we are facing now is the after effect of too many corruption, nepotism and every other rubbish.

From August, just like during endsars, I will Watch and read from my phone as zombi**es get killed.

All these your write up only justifies one thing and that is YOU ARE A COWARD, u keep making stupid excuses. I guess it probably because u have a job and u can manage to afford 3 square meals , well what about the other hard working Nigerians that work harder than you but still can't afford 3 square meals ?

We also all know that the endsars protest was hijacked ,not by the people protesting but people who joined the protest for ulterior motives like stealing and could you blame them ? if there were enough jobs and the Nigerian system was functioning properly,u think pple would stoop so low to loot other people's businesses ? Pls have a rethink B4 u point fingers.

This protest regardless of what tribe anyone belongs to is what we need , hunger and afflictions doesn't know only one tribe it collectively affects everyone. So if you won't protest, fine but at least shut your mouth up.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bishop Kukah Visits Senate Chief Whip, OrJi Kalu (Photos) / Buhari Participates In Katsina State Development Fund 2023 (Photos) / Nigerian Pilgrims Starving In Saudi Arabia - Governor Bago

Viewing this topic: TheKharisJacobs(f), kelbranty(m), fenway4u, apriko(m), AdmiralG, Exumal, ede1(m) and 21 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.