Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,157 members, 7,910,135 topics. Date: Saturday, 03 August 2024 at 08:17 PM

Money Mistakenly Transferred To Opay Account - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Money Mistakenly Transferred To Opay Account (44288 Views)

Julius Eze Returns ₦2.5 Million Mistakenly Transferred To His Account / Man Mistakenly Transferred N1 Million To Lady / If I Spend Money Mistakenly Deposited Into My Bank Account, What Will Happen? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Money Mistakenly Transferred To Opay Account by FelicisFelix: 11:14am On Jul 28
NorthernersSuck:

You opened Nairaland account 8 days ago and you start begging today, una get shame at all?

Odogwu, o di ka ihe n'ine no with you. Biko I ga eme'm breakfast ka'm li
Re: Money Mistakenly Transferred To Opay Account by greggng: 11:15am On Jul 28
Archiever22:
Good day all,

I want to send my opay account number to somebody but I mixed up those number that the money was transferred to wrong account.

Now, I have been calling the number for 3 days now and it has been switched off and whenever it rings, the person will cut the call

I was able to trace the person to FB and I saw that he has worked as a special assistant to govt.

I have sent him a DM via his FB and he is not responding.

Please what can I do to catch this person because the money transfered to his account is above 50.

For thos simple steps

Email:customerservice@opay-inc.com
Phone:07008888328

+234 916 599 8936....whatsap number

Call them on the first number ...follow the prompt to get to when human customer care agent will answer you . Slowly narrate the issue to them . Ensure you have details of the transaction before hand . Infact copy it on a paper so that when they are asking you question you won't be telling them to give you time to check on your phone ...except you have two separate phones

Use the customer are email to write them and narrate the same issue . This time screenshot the transaction details and attach it as evidence and send to them

Use the last whatsap number to communicate with them . Follow the right option to reach a human agent...narrate everything.

Once all this is done ...they will.log in the matter and a ticket will be issued on your dashboard. To locate the ticket click on the help button on your top right hand on your opay app. You will see option of ticket ....copy the ticket number...That is all you need to follow the matter on . In my case they gave me 3 to 5 working days ...happily I got my money back

1 Like

Re: Money Mistakenly Transferred To Opay Account by searchlight: 11:18am On Jul 28
Hezzyluv:

Since it's opay to opay, you can get your money back without much stress.

Reach out to opay via their handle or mail them and explain the issue at hand with receipt evidence of your transfer to the said number. Check your dashboard you will see how to get to their customer care.

Modified:

I had transferred to wrong opay before using opay, I complained to care line they totified the guy and he refunded my money back.
That money is gone. I mistakingly transferred to a non existing Opay account with the same name of who I wanted to transfer to in monie point. I reported to Opay and they told me that the money has been delivered to the account that I sent it and up till today nothing.
Re: Money Mistakenly Transferred To Opay Account by press9jatv: 11:18am On Jul 28
Hopefully you get the money back. Contact the customer care line and provide proof of payment to them. Your funds will be returned back
Re: Money Mistakenly Transferred To Opay Account by FelicisFelix: 11:20am On Jul 28
NorthernersSuck:

Able bodied person like you get the mind dey question me for your laziness abi? You must be a Yoruba man

Odogwu, a bu'm nwafor. O buro ihe laziness. You dey okay so e go hard to understand another person plight. Me sef I was once like you so I understand where you're coming from.

1 Like

Re: Money Mistakenly Transferred To Opay Account by bigpicture001: 11:20am On Jul 28
DamnnNiggarr:
shocked

I don't believe this.
You didn't confirm the account details and the details of the transaction before executing the transfer?

Even if you say that you were performing the transaction under duress, I'll still not believe it.

Anyway, contact Opay, with a valid convincing documents, showing that the transaction was sent to the wrong account, and that the payment to the said account number was not a valid transaction which you turned around to claim it to be a mistake.

Good luck on that!

Don't doubt everything....its over possible..happened to me multiple times especially wenni send in a hurry

1 Like

Re: Money Mistakenly Transferred To Opay Account by jayce232: 11:21am On Jul 28
Pepperdemisback:

I have been a victim once through a vendor. She asked me to write the number on paper, she mistook 5 for 8, saying a line crossed the 5 to make it look like 8. This one was an airtime purchase, I contacted the person, he didn't respond, so I left him. Errors happen at times when you are in a hurry.
Airtime purchase is different from bank transfer. I don't expect anyone to make mistake with bank transfer, because the name must tally before u confirm.

1 Like

Re: Money Mistakenly Transferred To Opay Account by press9jatv: 11:21am On Jul 28
greggng:

For thos simple steps

Email:customerservice@opay-inc.com
Phone:07008888328

+234 916 599 8936....whatsap number

Call them on the first number ...follow the prompt to get to when human customer care agent will answer you . Slowly narrate the issue to them . Ensure you have details of the transaction before hand . Infact copy it on a paper so that when they are asking you question you won't be telling them to give you time to check on your phone ...except you have two separate phones

Use the customer are email to write them and narrate the same issue . This time screenshot the transaction details and attach it as evidence and send to them

Use the last whatsap number to communicate with them . Follow the right option to reach a human agent...narrate everything.

Once all this is done ...they will.log in the matter and a ticket will be issued on your dashboard. To locate the ticket click on the help button on your top right hand on your opay app. You will see option of ticket ....copy the ticket number...That is all you need to follow the matter on . In my case they gave me 3 to 5 working days ...happily I got my money back
wow that’s great. God bless you abundantly for this response. @op should follow this advice. I surely know your money will be return back once you follow the right procedures
Re: Money Mistakenly Transferred To Opay Account by NorthernersSuck: 11:24am On Jul 28
FelicisFelix:

Odogwu, o di ka ihe n'ine no with you. Biko I ga eme'm breakfast ka'm li

Hahahahaha guy you funny ooo, all na for the Cruz
Re: Money Mistakenly Transferred To Opay Account by meobizy(f): 11:24am On Jul 28
I want to create an Opay account, but stories of this sort kill my motivation. I’ll stick to regular banks.
Re: Money Mistakenly Transferred To Opay Account by Sleekfingers: 11:25am On Jul 28
FelicisFelix:

Good morning. Happy Sunday. Please can you spare me 2k for feeding today. I honestly can't afford it for myself please?

😂🤣🤣🤣🤣

Because he mentioned 200k ? Online Almajiri won't seize to amuse me.

1 Like

Re: Money Mistakenly Transferred To Opay Account by senatordossy: 11:26am On Jul 28
Account number goes with a name. Does it mean the wrong account number still showed the recipients name or what . I don't get this story. If the name doesn't match. Why will u proceed ?
Re: Money Mistakenly Transferred To Opay Account by NorthernersSuck: 11:27am On Jul 28
meobizy:
I want to create an Opay account, but stories of this sort kill my motivation. I’ll stick to regular banks.

Go ahead and create the account you'll never regret it. Carefulness when making transactions is what everyone of us need. Opay is very fast and reliable

2 Likes

Re: Money Mistakenly Transferred To Opay Account by Emeskhalifa(m): 11:28am On Jul 28
Which one be catch the person asif he was the one that asked you not to check the number before sending.
OK we heard u mixed the number up , so you also mixed up your name and surname too??

You goofed accept that first then think of what the solution should be.

My 2 cents, get a court order from any magistrate court registrar, the title of the court order (heading) should be erroneous transfer. Submit at any nearest opay office to you.
The money will be reversed back to the account it was sent from.
Re: Money Mistakenly Transferred To Opay Account by MichaelSokoto(m): 11:29am On Jul 28
Archiever22:
Good day all,

I want to send my opay account number to somebody but I mixed up those number that the money was transferred to wrong account.

Now, I have been calling the number for 3 days now and it has been switched off and whenever it rings, the person will cut the call

I was able to trace the person to FB and I saw that he has worked as a special assistant to govt.

Please what can I do to catch this person because the money transfered to his account is above 50.
if it is an agbado pesin or a die-hard mandate gidigba stander, mehn 4gerrriiit!

Sh**t izzgone!

Otilor!

daz hw dey do followin their ogas crooked footsteps!
cool

Wo!
if u jump on my mention wit trash ehn, amadioha kpukpogi dia!

Infact collect dis thunder fes!
angry

Re: Money Mistakenly Transferred To Opay Account by Jungleluv5: 11:35am On Jul 28
Archiever22:
Good day all,

show people his phone number and Facebook account so that they will call him to return the money by force
Re: Money Mistakenly Transferred To Opay Account by Henrymas(m): 11:35am On Jul 28
Sope OTILO!!!!
Re: Money Mistakenly Transferred To Opay Account by Bahamas95(m): 11:38am On Jul 28
Honestly I don't understand how people transfer money into wrong accounts, before sending you're asked to confirm the name of the recepient.

Before I transfer money to anybody I must get full details, you can't just give me account number and name of your bank and expect me to make transfer.
Re: Money Mistakenly Transferred To Opay Account by IamAsiri: 11:38am On Jul 28
Menemonic:
if this is true, then Opay doesn't know what they are doing sha..

If I send you money later report it to Opay that I did a mistake, are they refunding me, with receipts and everything.. 🤔

Is this not an update!

How? He said "the guy" refunded not that Opay reversed it.
Re: Money Mistakenly Transferred To Opay Account by oxiide22(m): 11:39am On Jul 28
EnglandAmaka:
Show screenshot of the transactions. And chats with the guy.. Cover the names and account number...

Let's know you are not making this up and from here we can offer solutions
sharrap! Which solution will u offer him?
Re: Money Mistakenly Transferred To Opay Account by Dennisochampa: 11:47am On Jul 28
Some of una can make dumb mistakes Sha....
Report to opay.
There's nothing more you can do.
Blame him as well as yourself because the mistake you made was a stupid one....
Re: Money Mistakenly Transferred To Opay Account by bluebay(m): 11:50am On Jul 28
Opay can dispute the transaction
Re: Money Mistakenly Transferred To Opay Account by Murketeer: 11:50am On Jul 28
Adewale1603:
I swear. What if the complainant is lying. They would now remove money from the recepitent account back to him. How do people even make mistakes of sending money to wrong accounts numbers, like you didn't confirm and check the account number you input and the account name, it should bring out, even if the account number were wrong, at least you should know by the account name, it brings out, how do people still make mistakes baffles me.
I am sure they won’t do that without informing the owner of that account

1 Like

Re: Money Mistakenly Transferred To Opay Account by femi4: 11:51am On Jul 28
Archiever22:
Good day all,

So opay no dey show account name.....I still don't understand how people make this silly mistake despite mechanism put in place to guide against it
Re: Money Mistakenly Transferred To Opay Account by PARADIZEPRIEST: 11:52am On Jul 28
Return money you did not labor for,return it now angry
Re: Money Mistakenly Transferred To Opay Account by freeman67: 11:53am On Jul 28
Archiever22:
Good day all,

In this case you are to first contact Opay, with your proof. The extra steps you took should have been if Opay did not act.

The blame is more on you than on him for the mistake but the most honourable thing for him to do would have been to pick your calls, hear you out and refund you If your case is genuine or get Opay involved if your case is shady. Being a special assistant will not make him a better person if he is not.

1 Like

Re: Money Mistakenly Transferred To Opay Account by seanery: 11:55am On Jul 28
Oga, were u drunk wen u were typing those number.
Oga forget, that money don go.
If na me be that guy, i go withdraw all d money, close that account.
Who opay help.
Re: Money Mistakenly Transferred To Opay Account by EgunMogaji2: 11:56am On Jul 28
Nazgul:

It baffles me too. Whenever I'm making a transaction, I stop everything I'm doing and concentrate on carefully imputing the sender's account details and confirm the name before sending.

Some people are just so impatient

I don't

Me that’s an Ijebu man.

1 Like

Re: Money Mistakenly Transferred To Opay Account by Bluffly: 11:58am On Jul 28
Archiever22:
Good day all,

Notify opay and report to the police
Re: Money Mistakenly Transferred To Opay Account by izubext007: 12:02pm On Jul 28
you the mistake the account number with some that really needs the money, 🤑 is former assistant to a governor and you are here to ask us that is need to help you recover your money 💸.
Re: Money Mistakenly Transferred To Opay Account by IbnB: 12:08pm On Jul 28
Harddiskng:
We can’t have better Government in Nigeria cuz the people themselves are corrupt.

From the comments, you can see the number of erroneous transfers that recipients refused to refund. A wicked, greedy and dishonest set of people we are as Nigerians.

Till we change, we would continue to get what we deserve undecided

Our people are generally dishonest!

1 Like

Re: Money Mistakenly Transferred To Opay Account by sidonlook: 12:12pm On Jul 28
Starzdavid247:
I have also mistakenly transfer erroneous to a wrong opay account and my money was refunded by opay after a week later. Contact opay first,The opay account willbe place on lean and you willbe send indimity form to fill and summit, if the customer account hasn't make used of the funds, the money can be easily withraw from the account.
What if the money has been spent ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

I Can't Transfer Money Without NIN, Pls Help. / What Business Can I Start With N80,000? / FCMB Names Yemisi Edun As Acting MD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.