Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,227 members, 7,925,816 topics. Date: Tuesday, 20 August 2024 at 12:17 AM

Nigeria Women Vs Spain Women: Olympic Games (0 - 1) On 28th July 2024 - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Women Vs Spain Women: Olympic Games (0 - 1) On 28th July 2024 (26405 Views)

Nigeria Lose To The United States 74 - 88 In Women's Olympic Basketball / Nigeria Defeats Australia 75 - 62 In Women's Olympic Basketball / South Africa Vs Nigeria (Women) Olympic Qualifier Today Live At 6:30pm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Women Vs Spain Women: Olympic Games (0 - 1) On 28th July 2024 by omoyankee3(m): 6:49pm On Jul 28
First half ended. Nigeria holding its own against one of the best. Well drilled and disciplined at the back. We just need to be clinical with our chances....two 1v1 were wasted

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Women Vs Spain Women: Olympic Games (0 - 1) On 28th July 2024 by fredoooooo: 6:50pm On Jul 28
Our GK is really good

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Women Vs Spain Women: Olympic Games (0 - 1) On 28th July 2024 by Freshtruth(m): 6:50pm On Jul 28
Nigeria over try una wey they curse the coach una nor kw ball at all. Una feel say Spain na una mate them they carry dey attack any how?
Re: Nigeria Women Vs Spain Women: Olympic Games (0 - 1) On 28th July 2024 by omoyankee3(m): 6:50pm On Jul 28
I was surprised she didn't take her chances. What happened to her speed and composure?

MT:

Only our goalkeeper and Ajibade get football sense.

Oshoala should retire from international matches
Re: Nigeria Women Vs Spain Women: Olympic Games (0 - 1) On 28th July 2024 by Ekaka14: 6:50pm On Jul 28
Half time

Africa is coming .... grin
Zambia 4 vs Australia 2
Re: Nigeria Women Vs Spain Women: Olympic Games (0 - 1) On 28th July 2024 by helinues: 6:51pm On Jul 28
Kudos to our ladies for holding on. Spain exhausted all their tactics but our defense are just solid.

Nnadozie na goalkeeper jor. That her saves should contest for the best saves in this tournament. She was full of confident

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Women Vs Spain Women: Olympic Games (0 - 1) On 28th July 2024 by membranus: 6:52pm On Jul 28
Scores: 0:0 HT.

The Spanish team are far more superior than the Nigerian team. The Nigerian team has no passion or zeal to win, always playing half field. It is Nnadozie, the goalkeeper that has been saving the team from disgrace.

The Spanish team will certainly heat things up in the second, but the Nigerian team might by luck scrape through.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Women Vs Spain Women: Olympic Games (0 - 1) On 28th July 2024 by CSTRR: 6:53pm On Jul 28
We can play like Spain or Germany or France.

But first we need to go back to the grassroots.

Forget about these current generations of players- they are lost.

Focus on the U-15.

Get all the clubs in the NFL and NPWL to have functioning academies if they don't.

Get proper coaches that will drill these U-15 on the fundamentals.
Pay Europeans if you have to, while you train your own coaches for the long run.

Get them to learn th fundamentals of football.

Passing, passing, passing, movement, don't be in a hurry, no unnecessary long balls, pass , pass and more passes, look for the nearest man and pass.
Pass and move, keep passing.

Let it become a culture at the academies which can then graduate into the main teams of the NFL and NWFL.

That's how to change a football culture.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Women Vs Spain Women: Olympic Games (0 - 1) On 28th July 2024 by Freshtruth(m): 6:53pm On Jul 28
Oshahola score make u open breast for us I wan see booby I get joy soap like this

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Women Vs Spain Women: Olympic Games (0 - 1) On 28th July 2024 by helinues: 6:54pm On Jul 28
membranus:
Scores: 0:0 HT.

The Spanish team are far more superior than the Nigerian team. The Nigerian team has no passion or zeal to win, always playing half field. It is Nnadozie, the goalkeeper that has been saving the team from disgrace.

The Spanish team will certainly heat things up in the second, but the Nigerian team might by luck scrape through.

Spain exhausted all their tactics in this first half which didn't work.

We only need to play from midfield in the second half and the midfielders distributing balls to the wingers. We should be able to have edge in the second half, we just need to improve

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Women Vs Spain Women: Olympic Games (0 - 1) On 28th July 2024 by Ekaka14: 6:55pm On Jul 28
fredoooooo:
Our GK is really good
.She has very good composure in goal....I give it to her...she stopped that 44' goal bound shot like a routine but the Spanish girl was already going to celebrate grin
Re: Nigeria Women Vs Spain Women: Olympic Games (0 - 1) On 28th July 2024 by omoyankee3(m): 6:55pm On Jul 28
grin grin grin you no well
Freshtruth:
Oshahola score make u open breast for us I wan see booby I get joy soap like this
Re: Nigeria Women Vs Spain Women: Olympic Games (0 - 1) On 28th July 2024 by Ejiakusmith(m): 6:55pm On Jul 28
You frustrated.....

efighter:

This one is mentally unstable
Re: Nigeria Women Vs Spain Women: Olympic Games (0 - 1) On 28th July 2024 by EniHolar(f): 6:57pm On Jul 28
Second half will be hot

First half possession... 67 - 33 shocked
Re: Nigeria Women Vs Spain Women: Olympic Games (0 - 1) On 28th July 2024 by owbabs: 6:57pm On Jul 28
The ball is just bouncing off our players. No ball control
Re: Nigeria Women Vs Spain Women: Olympic Games (0 - 1) On 28th July 2024 by EniHolar(f): 6:58pm On Jul 28
Freshtruth:

Dem dun get this one

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Women Vs Spain Women: Olympic Games (0 - 1) On 28th July 2024 by helinues: 6:59pm On Jul 28
CSTRR:
We can play like Spain or Germany or France.

But first we need to go back to the grassroots.

Forget about these current generations of players- they are lost.

Focus on the U-15.

Get all the clubs in the NFL and NPWL to have functioning academies if they don't.

Get proper coaches that will drill these U-15 on the fundamentals.
Pay Europeans if you have to, while you train your own coaches for the long run.

Get them to learn th fundamentals of football.

Passing, passing, passing, movement, don't be in a hurry, no unnecessary long balls, pass , pass and more passes, look for the nearest man and pass.
Pass and move, keep passing.

Let it become a culture at the academies which can then graduate into the main teams of the NFL and NWFL.

That's how to change a football culture.

Spain ladies are just from 2 clubs, Barcelona and Real Madrid.

Nigeria ladies are from different 17 clubs. The Spain ladies usually play together far far more than our ladies yet we held them in the first half.

Kudos to our ladies most especially the defense.
Re: Nigeria Women Vs Spain Women: Olympic Games (0 - 1) On 28th July 2024 by membranus: 7:00pm On Jul 28
CSTRR:
The NFF need to start sending coaches in our male and female leagues to uefa coaching schools.

Get an agreement with Spain or France FA to draft our coaches there, and pay them if we have to.

We need to work on our football culture and it starts on the level of coaching at the grassroots level.

It's not a job for mediocres, unfortunately those are who we elect as sports administrators.

Our football culture is outdated.

Our sport administrators are chronically deficit in sport knowledge and corruptly selfish, as with all managers of Nigeria economy. Until a massive reconstruction of our political landscape, no good is coming out of our sports expectations.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Women Vs Spain Women: Olympic Games (0 - 1) On 28th July 2024 by CSTRR: 7:02pm On Jul 28
helinues:

Spain ladies are just from 2 clubs, Barcelona and Real Madrid.

Nigeria ladies are from different 17 clubs. The Spain ladies usually play together far far more than our ladies yet we held them in the first half.

Kudos to our ladies most especially the defense.
Even if you pick one player each from all the clubs in Spain, they would still play the same way.

It's the same culture, either you live in Madrid, Catalunya or Cadiz.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Women Vs Spain Women: Olympic Games (0 - 1) On 28th July 2024 by Ekaka14: 7:02pm On Jul 28
helinues:

Spain exhausted all their tactics in this first half which didn't work.

We only need to play from midfield in the second half and the midfielders distributing balls to the wingers. We should be able to have edge in the second half, we just need to improve
I hope so, I pray so 🙏 .....but I don't think we will see the same Spain in the 2nd half either...if we play compact and take our chances in 2nd half ...fair enough...if we don't then I think Spain will. We need a win here to balance things up and perhaps a draw against a highly technical Japanese side....some of our key girls play in Spain and the environ in Europe...they should switch play a little to African style trickery to get us something....
Again, they should stop sitting back and inviting the Spanish girls take the game to them in the first 15 minutes and Spain go calm down...God bless Nigeria 🇳🇬 and God bless Gambia 🇬🇲

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Women Vs Spain Women: Olympic Games (0 - 1) On 28th July 2024 by Prestar(m): 7:02pm On Jul 28
LIVE STREAM: Nigeria Women Vs Spain Women(2024 Olympics Game)

WATCH FORE FREE HERE:
https://lastesttrend.com.ng/live-stream-nigeria-women-vs-spain-women2024-olympics-game/
Re: Nigeria Women Vs Spain Women: Olympic Games (0 - 1) On 28th July 2024 by goslowgoslow(m): 7:05pm On Jul 28
omooba05:
Wotowoto seasoning.. Spain 7- 0 Nigeria.. Bonmati hatrick.. Paraluelo brace.. putellas brace
Evil citizens!
Re: Nigeria Women Vs Spain Women: Olympic Games (0 - 1) On 28th July 2024 by helinues: 7:06pm On Jul 28
Ekaka14:

I hope so, I pray so 🙏 .....but I don't think we will see the same Spain in the 2nd half either...if we play compact and take our chances in 2nd half ...fair enough...if we don't then I think Spain will. We need a win here to balance things up and perhaps a draw against a highly technical Japanese side....some of our key girls play in Spain and the environ in Europe...they should switch play a little to African style trickery to get us something....
Again, they should stop sitting back and inviting the Spanish girls take the game to them in the first 15 minutes and Spain go calm down...God bless Nigeria 🇳🇬 and God bless Gambia 🇬🇲

Apart from the last saves from our goalkeeper, our chances are far better than Spain's own in the first half.

Our left back and right back need to stay put and pin the Spain wingers. The long kick from our goalkeeper is not working, so we need to play from the midfield and then distribute ball to our wingers. Our forward are not bad just that they have not been getting chances.

Onumunu should replace Oshola in the early of second half as she's already on yellow card. Onumunu is more rugged than Oshola and Rashidat in the forward
Re: Nigeria Women Vs Spain Women: Olympic Games (0 - 1) On 28th July 2024 by Ekaka14: 7:07pm On Jul 28
myk2mic:

We are 11 times African champions and yet after all theses years our football has not improved in any way, even ajibade our captain, is the only one who seems to have some measure of football sense but she still lacks composure, i don tire to talk , make we dey look dey go
Our football come be like our refineries, our educational system, our economy , our infrastructure, our police, our politics etc....naaawaa grin
Re: Nigeria Women Vs Spain Women: Olympic Games (0 - 1) On 28th July 2024 by myk2mic: 7:08pm On Jul 28
y is alozie looking over weight, she cant even run with or without the ball all i see is her behind each i see her abi she go do bbl
Re: Nigeria Women Vs Spain Women: Olympic Games (0 - 1) On 28th July 2024 by MT: 7:09pm On Jul 28
Goaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal

Spain 1 Nigeria 0

Spain tiki-taka-ed Nigeria to submission sad sad

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Women Vs Spain Women: Olympic Games (0 - 1) On 28th July 2024 by EniHolar(f): 7:10pm On Jul 28
That should be offside
Re: Nigeria Women Vs Spain Women: Olympic Games (0 - 1) On 28th July 2024 by helinues: 7:11pm On Jul 28
Goal Spain

That goal should be offside

Yeah offside. Lucky us
Re: Nigeria Women Vs Spain Women: Olympic Games (0 - 1) On 28th July 2024 by fredoooooo: 7:11pm On Jul 28
Offside ...
Re: Nigeria Women Vs Spain Women: Olympic Games (0 - 1) On 28th July 2024 by dominique(f): 7:11pm On Jul 28
Offside
Re: Nigeria Women Vs Spain Women: Olympic Games (0 - 1) On 28th July 2024 by MT: 7:11pm On Jul 28
Spanish goal cancelled.

Nigeria living dangerously.
Re: Nigeria Women Vs Spain Women: Olympic Games (0 - 1) On 28th July 2024 by EniHolar(f): 7:11pm On Jul 28
myk2mic:
y is alozie looking over weight, she cant even run with or without the ball all i see is her behind each i see her abi she go do bbl

Because that's all you're looking for

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Gernot Rohr: It Is Very Difficult For Nigeria To Win 2021 AFCON / Full List Of Nigerian Medalists At The 2022 Commonwealth Games / Awka City Stadium: Obiano's Legacy Project Nearing Completion (Pictures, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.