Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,903 members, 7,909,400 topics. Date: Saturday, 03 August 2024 at 01:20 AM

August 1: Widespread Anger, Hunger Responsible For Planned Protest -Seyi Makinde - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / August 1: Widespread Anger, Hunger Responsible For Planned Protest -Seyi Makinde (13346 Views)

Adegboruwa Writes IGP, DSS, Requests Protection For Planned Protest / DSS Uncovers Sponsors Of August 1 Protest, Warns Against Action / 10 States With The Highest Number Of Registered Voters As Of August 1, 2022 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

August 1: Widespread Anger, Hunger Responsible For Planned Protest -Seyi Makinde by press9jatv: 1:30pm On Jul 28
Governor Seyi Makinde of Oyo State has declared that the widespread anger and hunger across the country is the main reason for the planned protest.

Makinde made this declaration while speaking at the grand finale of the 2024 Ibadan Cultural Week, organised by Central Council of Ibadan Indigenes (CCII).

DAILY POST reports that August 1 has been fixed as the day for a nationwide protest against hunger across the country.

Makinde, while addressing the audience at the event held on Saturday at Obafemi Awolowo Stadium, Ibadan, the state capital, maintained that people have the right to protest.

He said that Nigerians planning to protest over hardship in the country should exercise their rights in a peaceful manner and not resort to violence or destruction of public facilities.

He advised the protesters not to destroy government property.

Makinde said, “Nigeria could be in this situation for now. We could be experiencing anger and hunger in the land and that is why our people want to protest.

Yes, protest is everybody’s right. But remember that we used your money to build all the structures and facilities we have put in place in this state, not mine.

“So, if you want to protest, it must be peaceful

If you begin your protest, don’t destroy government properties, otherwise, we will have to use the money we are supposed to spend on meaningful projects to replace facilities that may get destroyed.”

https://dailypost.ng/2024/07/28/august-1-widespread-anger-hunger-responsible-for-planned-protest-makinde/

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: August 1: Widespread Anger, Hunger Responsible For Planned Protest -Seyi Makinde by press9jatv: 1:30pm On Jul 28
Too much hunger in the land.

87 Likes 2 Shares

Re: August 1: Widespread Anger, Hunger Responsible For Planned Protest -Seyi Makinde by Cediplaza: 1:32pm On Jul 28
Fact

17 Likes

Re: August 1: Widespread Anger, Hunger Responsible For Planned Protest -Seyi Makinde by sIfioksq: 1:34pm On Jul 28
Well said, Seyi Makinde. Addressing the people's grievances is crucial. Let's hope for a peaceful resolution!

124 Likes 3 Shares

Re: August 1: Widespread Anger, Hunger Responsible For Planned Protest -Seyi Makinde by Ddeliverer007(m): 1:36pm On Jul 28
I thought helanus said it was obidients?

117 Likes 4 Shares

Re: August 1: Widespread Anger, Hunger Responsible For Planned Protest -Seyi Makinde by licnsai: 1:36pm On Jul 28
Capacity governor, always standing with the people.

122 Likes 3 Shares

Re: August 1: Widespread Anger, Hunger Responsible For Planned Protest -Seyi Makinde by Vinnie2000(m): 1:52pm On Jul 28
A sensible PDP Governor. 👍👍

The likes of Sheriff Oborevwori, Duoye Diri and Obaseki should emulate him.🙂

Encourage Protests in your state.

Let the Drug baron Tinibu Reap What he did to PDP/Jonathan in 2012. 😒😕

99 Likes 5 Shares

Re: August 1: Widespread Anger, Hunger Responsible For Planned Protest -Seyi Makinde by Salewa97: 1:54pm On Jul 28
Anger and hunger are real issues that need urgent attention.

It's good to see Seyi Makinde addressing these concerns head-on.

119 Likes 1 Share

Re: August 1: Widespread Anger, Hunger Responsible For Planned Protest -Seyi Makinde by Philipponzaghi: 1:55pm On Jul 28
Seyi Makinde dey feel the pulse of the people!

Hunger and anger no fit be our constant companion.

Na so e suppose be, leaders wey dey listen to their citizens.

We go show dem say we stand together for better governance!

98 Likes 2 Shares

Re: August 1: Widespread Anger, Hunger Responsible For Planned Protest -Seyi Makinde by Gossiphub: 1:55pm On Jul 28
Ddeliverer007:

Don't mind the N1000 per post miscreant.

40 Likes

Re: August 1: Widespread Anger, Hunger Responsible For Planned Protest -Seyi Makinde by Jostoman: 1:57pm On Jul 28
Ddeliverer007:
if I see the way Yoruba people in my area are lamenting and I see those Happy Slave comment on nairaland I always shake my head.

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: August 1: Widespread Anger, Hunger Responsible For Planned Protest -Seyi Makinde by Jostoman: 1:58pm On Jul 28
They have created artificial fuel scarcity thinking that it will keep majority of Nigerians busy not to protest.

11 Likes

Re: August 1: Widespread Anger, Hunger Responsible For Planned Protest -Seyi Makinde by Melagros(m): 2:08pm On Jul 28
COMRADES, if a Yoruba ruling state governor would admit that there is hardship in Nigeria, then what are these miscreants telling us here on Nairaland?

50 Likes 2 Shares

Re: August 1: Widespread Anger, Hunger Responsible For Planned Protest -Seyi Makinde by Chinkoalhaji34: 2:33pm On Jul 28
Seyi Makinde is truly in touch with the people. Addressing the root causes of anger and hunger is crucial. It's about time our leaders focus on the needs of the citizens.

Let's hope this protest brings about meaningful change. Our voices must be heard, and it's good to see a leader ready to engage. Solidarity with all who are affected!

74 Likes

Re: August 1: Widespread Anger, Hunger Responsible For Planned Protest -Seyi Makinde by GreenxGreen: 2:36pm On Jul 28
grin

5 Likes

Re: August 1: Widespread Anger, Hunger Responsible For Planned Protest -Seyi Makinde by press9jatv: 2:53pm On Jul 28
The Nigerian Constitution guarantees the right to freedom of protest under several provisions, primarily focusing on freedom of expression, assembly, and association. These rights are enshrined in Chapter IV of the Constitution, which deals with Fundamental Rights.

1. Freedom of Expression

• Section 39(1):
“Every person shall be entitled to freedom of expression, including freedom to hold opinions and to receive and impart ideas and information without interference.”

This provision guarantees individuals the right to express their opinions and ideas freely, which is fundamental to the right to protest.

2. Freedom of Assembly and Association

• Section 40:
“Every person shall be entitled to assemble freely and associate with other persons, and in particular, he may form or belong to any political party, trade union, or any other association for the protection of his interests.”

This section affirms the right to peaceful assembly and association, which includes the right to organize and participate in protests and demonstrations.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: August 1: Widespread Anger, Hunger Responsible For Planned Protest -Seyi Makinde by press9jatv: 2:53pm On Jul 28
Nlfpmod fergie001 mynd44 Dominique ishilove missyB3 Fp
Re: August 1: Widespread Anger, Hunger Responsible For Planned Protest -Seyi Makinde by yarimo(m): 2:59pm On Jul 28
MAKINDE criminal Obidients are after stealing in the name of protest. Criminal group of people

45 Likes

Re: August 1: Widespread Anger, Hunger Responsible For Planned Protest -Seyi Makinde by foleskay(m): 3:17pm On Jul 28
grin
Makinde na wise man. He's the only outspoken govo. Others always avoid offending the presidency,even the opposition governors. They always watch their mouths. Unlike makinde

4 Likes

Re: August 1: Widespread Anger, Hunger Responsible For Planned Protest -Seyi Makinde by PrivateSeal: 3:25pm On Jul 28
Tinubu will not die well

1 Like

Re: August 1: Widespread Anger, Hunger Responsible For Planned Protest -Seyi Makinde by press9jatv: 3:40pm On Jul 28
#EndBadGovernance Protest Is War Against Hunger, Starvation, Not Against Nigerian State, Says Pan-Yoruba Group | Sahara Reporters https:///3YnCXEa

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: August 1: Widespread Anger, Hunger Responsible For Planned Protest -Seyi Makinde by WikeTheDrunk(f): 9:00am On Jul 29
Online warriors aka cowards will soon invade the thread

Cc
Helinues
Yarimo

1 Like

Re: August 1: Widespread Anger, Hunger Responsible For Planned Protest -Seyi Makinde by specialmati(m): 9:01am On Jul 29
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin but the agberos and touts said tinubu is the best thing after buhari .there is no hunger according to them.now seems like the governor is igbo. yes yes he is igbo

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: August 1: Widespread Anger, Hunger Responsible For Planned Protest -Seyi Makinde by WikeTheDrunk(f): 9:01am On Jul 29
Chinkoalhaji34:
Seyi Makinde is truly in touch with the people. Addressing the root causes of anger and hunger is crucial. It's about time our leaders focus on the needs of the citizens.

Let's hope this protest brings about meaningful change. Our voices must be heard, and it's good to see a leader ready to engage. Solidarity with all who are affected!

Keep shut!!! Promoter of poverty.

6 Likes

Re: August 1: Widespread Anger, Hunger Responsible For Planned Protest -Seyi Makinde by CalabarPikin: 9:01am On Jul 29
I understand the government na total rubbish and so much hunger in the land.

But then, I'm no longer in support of this protest. I'm damn scared bruh

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: August 1: Widespread Anger, Hunger Responsible For Planned Protest -Seyi Makinde by AOB1: 9:01am On Jul 29
Okay
Re: August 1: Widespread Anger, Hunger Responsible For Planned Protest -Seyi Makinde by mactoni91(m): 9:01am On Jul 29
3 Days ago, i bought 1 Derica of Rice for N1,500

Just yesterday i bought 1 Derica of Beans for N2,000

Tfare To and Fro work everyday N2,200.

How much be person Salary?

Let's be factual, things are no longer easy for we average people.

9 Likes

Re: August 1: Widespread Anger, Hunger Responsible For Planned Protest -Seyi Makinde by Noferesah: 9:01am On Jul 29
We could be experiencing anger and hunger in the land and that is why our people want to protest.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: August 1: Widespread Anger, Hunger Responsible For Planned Protest -Seyi Makinde by MasterJayJay: 9:01am On Jul 29
Ebin mpiawa azu.

Reno Omonkey: Makinde is an Igbo man. Fact-check me and win $10,000 if I am wrong.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Northern Governors Set To Dump Jonathan In 2015 / U.S. Closely Watching Nigeria’s Political Developments – Diplomat / 2019 Polls: Vote PDP All The Way – Ex-governor Chimaroke To Enugu Residents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.