Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,181,295 members, 7,913,698 topics. Date: Wednesday, 07 August 2024 at 11:09 AM

Fuel Rises To ₦‎1,300/Litre As Depots Run Dry - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel Rises To ₦‎1,300/Litre As Depots Run Dry (16909 Views)

Manufacturers Groan As Diesel Price Hits N1,300/litre / Fuel Queues Persist In Abuja, Black Marketers Sell For ₦300/Litre / DPR: Nigeria’s Oil Reserves Will Run Dry In 49 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel Rises To ₦‎1,300/Litre As Depots Run Dry by MrPOTUS: 7:56am On Jul 29
nairalanda1:

Yeah I get you, but assuming GEJ Had listened to the ojota people, and returned fuel to N65, back when we were spending N34 per liter as subsidy, and the price remained N65 to date, our subsidy cost would have risen from N34 per liter to N1300 per liter

You can see the effect it would have on our budget, and by extension our debt. Maintaing fuel at N195 was by May last year costing us 99% of our revenue in servicing

Agreed, e go stressful with subsidy removal in totality, but keeping subsidy is another way to economic disaster.

Why I prefer total subsidy removal is that it is the least worst of two worst options. ....it guarantees some more domestic refining, savings of forex, earning more forex, and crucially more jobs and investment. Keeping subsidy just makes things worse as removing it...without those added benefits.

Yes, subsidy removal was right, floating d currency at d same time was wrong.

You can't float a currency without steering the economy from import oriented to export oriented.

D naira flotation is the problem we're facing, not even d subsidy removal, it's just like our economy depends on dollar, same as d refined fuel.

Instead of him to put in place means that will boost our productivity, so we'll have enough surplus to export, he arrogantly floated the currency.

There's no light at the end of the tunnel, it's darkness upon darkness.

D CBN monetary policy cannot help, it'll only destroy businesses, dis inflation is not as a result of excess money in d economy.

This is a cost push inflation caused by Mr. Tinubu.

Cardoso is just doing try your luck.

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Rises To ₦‎1,300/Litre As Depots Run Dry by Mbanda(m): 8:05am On Jul 29
adenigga:

Source: https://punchng.com/Fuel-rises-to-N1,300/litre-as-depots-run-dry
helinues will say "toh" and mine is "GOOD" grin grin grin grin
Re: Fuel Rises To ₦‎1,300/Litre As Depots Run Dry by Vergovert: 8:07am On Jul 29
lamentor78:

Just carry your gutter brain out of here, how does protest relate to supply of fuel, how many days will you protest and go back to you miserable abode.

Will protest reduce price of fuel or supply fuel to depot.

I think nairaland should be doing mental evaluation for people before coming on this platform

It is a peaceful protests bro!

Why are you shitting your pants already?

What are you so scared of?
Re: Fuel Rises To ₦‎1,300/Litre As Depots Run Dry by PARADIZEPRIEST: 8:10am On Jul 29
Who is writing that rubbish FUEL FULL TANK FARMS ,THEY are NEGOTIATING THE NEW PRICE angry

1 Like

Re: Fuel Rises To ₦‎1,300/Litre As Depots Run Dry by Anunakeeh: 8:12am On Jul 29
Savenigeria2023:
Make no mistake about it,

As a Nigerian, you have to fight or die… protest is only a start.

The folks at the corridor of power will rather die than release the fangs on the common wealth.

Exactly.
Re: Fuel Rises To ₦‎1,300/Litre As Depots Run Dry by Atk1nson(m): 8:14am On Jul 29
nairalanda1:

Precisely. At the moment, it costs 700 Milluion naira to pay for subsides. monthly. If fuel had remained at N145, it would have cost over N1.5 billion naira or more monthly to pay for subsdies....at a rate of N1200 PER Liter.

If fuel had stayed at N65...it would be costing N 1300 per liter to subsidse fuel. At fuel consumption of 60 million a day, you do the math....it would make your brain tremble.

Then consider our budget for the year, and you would get why

If I was being paid by tinubu, I would be praising him for being so considerate to keep fuel prices low.

I have been supporting subsidy removal since my eyes got opened in 2011. Before then, I was like you.

you must be really daft to think the previous governments were paying over N1,000 a litre to subsidise every litre of petrol imported.

Tinubu crass incompetence is what has move the landing price of petrol from less than 200 to over 1,000 in 1 year.
Re: Fuel Rises To ₦‎1,300/Litre As Depots Run Dry by Nice2023(m): 8:17am On Jul 29
nairalanda1:

About the same as ours

Plus, the reason why we have scarcity is that we sell someting that costs 1300 at N700 and below.

Minuium wage does not come into it.

Quote it and don't say about the same,are we not about the same population with Brazil's population?
Re: Fuel Rises To ₦‎1,300/Litre As Depots Run Dry by ufotunang: 8:19am On Jul 29
stonemasonn:
The incompetence in NNPC is staggering.
It is time to clear out Buharis boys from NNPC.
..abi...to clear out that Mele kyari he is the problem in the petroleum sector in Nigeria
Re: Fuel Rises To ₦‎1,300/Litre As Depots Run Dry by ufotunang: 8:21am On Jul 29
Fuel scarcity along with hunger protest coming up this week...God help Nigeria
Re: Fuel Rises To ₦‎1,300/Litre As Depots Run Dry by CorrectionFLuid: 8:32am On Jul 29
Throwback:

Tinubu was very foolish for not cleaning house there when he assumed power.

But sometimes you need people to feel the incompetence, so there will be no protests when you eventually swing in with the wrecking ball.

Tinubu can not clean house there because he is in bed with Mele Kyari.

- kiss the truth
Re: Fuel Rises To ₦‎1,300/Litre As Depots Run Dry by betabread: 8:32am On Jul 29
I tot diziani madueke is the master mind of fuel scarcity........

Nigeria i hail thee, seems there is no worthy dog to hang this fuel issue on
Re: Fuel Rises To ₦‎1,300/Litre As Depots Run Dry by Usefulsense: 8:35am On Jul 29
nairalanda1:

A cleaner overseas pays for fuel at market price, and pays for power at market price, that;s why they get it well well

They also pay property tax and council tax to get a good rail and public transport service.

If we did the above in Nigeria, you guys would cry and cry, so we pay cheap, and get cheap....

We under pay for power, and we get bad power, and we underpay for fuel, and get scarcity, and a host of other things and issues.

And we don't earn enough money, and the corruption worsens things, which is why a cleaner cannot make a decent wage.

We live on money meant for a country of less than 10 million...all 260 million of us, and then we wonder why we cannot have good electricity, refineries, and decent wages.

And you still vote for the same APC and PDP, and co.
Re: Fuel Rises To ₦‎1,300/Litre As Depots Run Dry by Afonja007: 8:42am On Jul 29
A country god bless with crude oil yet is very expensive even hard to buy

1 Like

Re: Fuel Rises To ₦‎1,300/Litre As Depots Run Dry by Felaincarnated: 8:47am On Jul 29
It was @ dis point of SHEGE JESUS shouted IT IS FINISHED
Re: Fuel Rises To ₦‎1,300/Litre As Depots Run Dry by Treadway: 9:02am On Jul 29
MrPOTUS:

Yes, subsidy removal was right, floating d currency at d same time was wrong.

You can't float a currency without steering the economy from import oriented to export oriented.

D naira flotation is the problem we're facing, not even d subsidy removal, it's just like our economy depends on dollar, same as d refined fuel.

Instead of him to put in place means that will boost our productivity, so we'll have enough surplus to export, he arrogantly floated the currency.

There's no light at the end of the tunnel, it's darkness upon darkness.

D CBN monetary policy cannot help, it'll only destroy businesses, dis inflation is not as a result of excess money in d economy.

This is a cost push inflation caused by Mr. Tinubu.

Cardoso is just doing try your luck.
already said all this and more in my thread when the power drunk idiot assumed power last year and swiftly started wrecking everything.

https://www.nairaland.com/8017949/how-nigeria-people-govt-got
Re: Fuel Rises To ₦‎1,300/Litre As Depots Run Dry by Abee79(m): 9:04am On Jul 29
APC supporters buy their fuel at N200/litre. I envy them 😁

1 Like

Re: Fuel Rises To ₦‎1,300/Litre As Depots Run Dry by Sheggy13(m): 9:09am On Jul 29
nairalanda1:
Here is the issue

It costs N1300 to bring petrol into the country, yet the Tinubu government insists on making it sell for N700 and less at the filling stations.

And you people expect there to be NO SCARCITY?

If we had removed oil subsidy in 1993, or even 2011...the last best time to have done it...none of this contraindications would have happened.

Over 700 million monthly goes on this abomination , and our debt is rising again. Haba.

I'm happy this is happening during Tinubu's time. It's karma at work for the role he played in frustrating subsidy removal by the Jonathan's regime, simply for political reasons, only to now turn around in 2023 to implement same subsidy removal, without any form of apology. It's just painful he isn't bearing the brunt directly, but innocent Nigerians instead.

Things would have normalized a long time ago if Jonathan was allowed to remove subsidy in 2011/2012. It was the perfect time as the effect won't be as dire as it is now. This is because the exchange rate was reasonable then, like 150 Naira to the dollar, Nigeria had record oil production capacity as the oil bunkerers were cooperating with the government, no sort of inflation etc.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fuel Rises To ₦‎1,300/Litre As Depots Run Dry by aviara: 9:29am On Jul 29
Nigeria my country

We have leaders but no leadership
We have crude oil but no refined products
We have petrol stations with no petrol to give
Subsidy is gone but subsidy is still being paid

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel Rises To ₦‎1,300/Litre As Depots Run Dry by MrPOTUS: 9:31am On Jul 29
Treadway:
already said all this and more in my thread when the power drunk idiot assumed power last year and swiftly started wrecking everything.

https://www.nairaland.com/8017949/how-nigeria-people-govt-got

Nigerians are too dull to know what's happening.

American currently has an inflation of 2.97% and they're complaining.

Nigeria has almost 40% galloping inflation and we're still docile undecided

If we know how bad that is, we'll be on d Street morning till night without leaving or call for a revolution.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fuel Rises To ₦‎1,300/Litre As Depots Run Dry by franudi: 9:40am On Jul 29
Why can't this protest continue when things are getting worse everyday?

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Rises To ₦‎1,300/Litre As Depots Run Dry by greypencils: 9:50am On Jul 29
nairalanda1:
Here is the issue

It costs N1300 to bring petrol into the country, yet the Tinubu government insists on making it sell for N700 and less at the filling stations.

If we had removed oil subsidy in 1993, or even 2011...the last best time to have done it...none of this contraindications would have happened.

Over 700 million monthly goes on this abomination , and our debt is rising again. Haba.
If Dangote refinery is allowed to run, there wont be need to import fuel. But Tinubu would not allow it as he prefers his own monopoly over oil rather than Dangote.

2 Likes

Re: Fuel Rises To ₦‎1,300/Litre As Depots Run Dry by cescky(m): 10:13am On Jul 29
Abee79:
I'm sure it's all a misunderstanding. APC and their supporters have an explanation (as usual) for the mix-up, as they are not usually affected by such trivial issues 🤔

can i make a revelation?

most of the zombie apc supporters wont get this your sacarsm and think your writing in their favour lol

1 Like

Re: Fuel Rises To ₦‎1,300/Litre As Depots Run Dry by nairalanda1(m): 10:19am On Jul 29
Nice2023:

Quote it and don't say about the same,are we not about the same population with Brazil's population?

Look at it this way, if you bought something for 1300, would you sell it at 500 or even 65 naira?
Re: Fuel Rises To ₦‎1,300/Litre As Depots Run Dry by nairalanda1(m): 10:21am On Jul 29
Atk1nson:

you must be really daft to think the previous governments were paying over N1,000 a litre to subsidise every litre of petrol imported.

Tinubu crass incompetence is what has move the landing price of petrol from less than 200 to over 1,000 in 1 year.

Tinubu is incompetent, but the main reason why the landing cost has risen is due to rising costs of production

Importing fuel drains forex which affects value of naira badly, and hence rise in price too

Also not earning enough forex drains naira

Corruption too plays a part

But even if tinubu fixed the last 3 , he can do nada about cost of production..that's the perogative of others

1 Like

Re: Fuel Rises To ₦‎1,300/Litre As Depots Run Dry by nairalanda1(m): 10:22am On Jul 29
BigYash:
S t u p i d i t y is your nature ,so it’s not even an insult when I say that’s what you are. Because that what you truly are.. I hope you get it now?

Thanks. Hope you and your husband make up tonight
Re: Fuel Rises To ₦‎1,300/Litre As Depots Run Dry by caye(m): 10:27am On Jul 29
nairalanda1:
Here is the issue

You never fail to disappoint sir.
You're always on point: like a well trained robot .

Question: How do you know EXACTLY that the landing cost of ₦1300 by the NNPC & Marketers is the true price , considering the fact that the "gods " in the NNPC do not want any refinery to work in Nigeria?
Re: Fuel Rises To ₦‎1,300/Litre As Depots Run Dry by nairalanda1(m): 10:28am On Jul 29
caye:

You never fail to disappoint sir.
You're always on point: like a well trained robot .

Question: How do you know EXACTLY that the landing cost of ₦1300 by the NNPC & Marketers is the true price , considering the fact that the "gods " in the NNPC do not want any refinery to work in Nigeria?

How do you know it isn't the case?

How would you like to be paid half money for a job you do so as to help the poor?

Dude,things cost money. It's not that I like it
Re: Fuel Rises To ₦‎1,300/Litre As Depots Run Dry by caye(m): 10:32am On Jul 29
nairalanda1:

About the same as ours

Plus, the reason why we have scarcity is that we sell someting that costs 1300 at N700 and below.

Minuium wage does not come into it.

Nairalander1, ah!
And you told this obiti-biti lie!
Fear God small, na!

What is the exchange rate of Ghana to ours?
Hope you know Ghana has one of the better currencies in west Africa, while Nigeria is NOW 1 OF THE WORST PERFORMING CURRENCY IN WEST AFRICA!

AH! Nairalander1!
The 30k-100k can't buy you much foodstuff oh!

1 Like

Re: Fuel Rises To ₦‎1,300/Litre As Depots Run Dry by nairalanda1(m): 10:40am On Jul 29
caye:

Nairalander1, ah!
Fear God small, na!

Hope you know Ghana has one of the better currencies in west Africa, while Nigeria is NOW 1 OF THE WORST PERFORMING CURRENCY IN WEST AFRICA!

AH! Nairalander1!

1. You do not have to be abusive

2.The N1300 that one liter of fuel costs...goes into refining costs, transport cost..(incl sea costs) and taxation, as well as a host of other things. Plus it is dependent on crude oil price rising

A lot, if not most of that money, is paid to workers. Ordinary people like you and me

Yet, you want all them to be shortchanged because you want fuel at N20 per liter

Oga, b etter face cold reality. It's not what you always want.
Re: Fuel Rises To ₦‎1,300/Litre As Depots Run Dry by nairalanda1(m): 10:41am On Jul 29
caye:

H! Nairalander1!

I hope you have kissed your husband good morning , dear lad.
Re: Fuel Rises To ₦‎1,300/Litre As Depots Run Dry by nairalanda1(m): 10:42am On Jul 29
caye:

Nairalander1, ah!
Fear God small, na!

AH! Nairalander1!

“As long as you keep secrets and suppress information, you are fundamentally at war with yourself…The critical issue is allowing yourself to know what you know. That takes an enormous amount of courage.”
― Bessel A. van der Kolk, The Body Keeps the Score: Brain, Mind, and Body in the Healing of Trauma
Re: Fuel Rises To ₦‎1,300/Litre As Depots Run Dry by caye(m): 10:57am On Jul 29
nairalanda1:

A cleaner overseas pays for fuel at market price, and pays for power at market price, that;s why they get it well well

And you still vote for the same APC and PDP, and co.

A cleaner in America makes at least $5/hr. If he works 8hrs, that's $40= ±₦40000/day.

He may/may not have access to foodstamps.
He's not looking right and left because of bandits and boko haram.

Stop doing this thing.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

2019: North Wants Buhari, Even On Wheelchair –ACF Chieftain / President Buhari Receives Buhari Media Organisation (Photos) / IMSU: Students Deny Reorts Of Military Raid In Their Hostels

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.