Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,132 members, 7,943,081 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 03:42 AM

Olumide Akpata: I Support The Right Of Protesters To Assemble Peacefully - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Olumide Akpata: I Support The Right Of Protesters To Assemble Peacefully (6271 Views)

Olumide Akpata: I Joined Labour Party To Build Not To Destroy / Lagos Police Warn Protesters To Stop Advancing Gani Fawehinmi Park (Video, Photo / Aisha Yesufu Asks Abuja EndSARS Protesters To Retreat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Olumide Akpata: I Support The Right Of Protesters To Assemble Peacefully by Mazist: 7:45pm On Jul 29
Governorship candidate of Labour Party, LP, in the September 21, poll in Edo State, Mr. Olumide Akpata, has called on would be protesters in the August 1, #EndBanGovernance to exercise their constitutional rights within the bounds of the law.

It is paramount to emphatically state that the right to peaceful assembly and free expression, including the right of citizens to protest, are fundamental rights enshrined in the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. As citizens of this great nation, we are not only entitled to exercise these rights but are indeed duty-bound to do so when circumstances necessitate. It is on this unshakeable constitutional foundation that I unequivocally support the right of the would-be protesters to assemble peacefully and articulate their grievances.
https://x.com/OlumideAkpata/status/1817962927397249257?t=ogd_TbvCPm5-YhPjCeSACQ&s=19

9 Likes

Re: Olumide Akpata: I Support The Right Of Protesters To Assemble Peacefully by trutharena: 8:04pm On Jul 29
Bitter Obidients trying to twist the narrative again! Exercise your rights, but don’t use it as an excuse to steal and destroy public property. This protest is just a cover for criminal activities. Enough is enough!

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olumide Akpata: I Support The Right Of Protesters To Assemble Peacefully by UstazAhmed(m): 7:30am On Jul 30
We are protesting and heavens won't fall. Tinubu set the pace in 2012

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olumide Akpata: I Support The Right Of Protesters To Assemble Peacefully by uncleck: 7:30am On Jul 30
This protest is dead on arrival. You can't stage a successful protest after giving government one month notice. They will sabotage it in more ways than one. A successful protest is spontaneous. It's abrupt.

Secondly, the owners of the media, the owners of all the touts...are still the same ones at the federal government.

My advice? This is not GEJ's government where civility and democracy reigned. This government will be so brutal to any perceived opposition; protesters.... they're already mobilizing EFCC, police, army, media etc.... So respect yourself and protest some other times

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olumide Akpata: I Support The Right Of Protesters To Assemble Peacefully by iLoveYouToo(m): 7:30am On Jul 30
Na election period, we hear you

I hope this protest would NOT just be about hanging out and partying in public. I hope there are reasonable demands laid out

31 Likes

Re: Olumide Akpata: I Support The Right Of Protesters To Assemble Peacefully by MrPOTUS: 7:31am On Jul 30
trutharena:
Bitter Obidients trying to twist the narrative again! Exercise your rights, but don’t use it as an excuse to steal and destroy public property. This protest is just a cover for criminal activities. Enough is enough!

Fuckoff zombie, people are protesting coz of hardship.

But hoodlums like u who still get fed or collect free money from parks are saying otherwise undecided

19 Likes

Re: Olumide Akpata: I Support The Right Of Protesters To Assemble Peacefully by Observer20: 7:31am On Jul 30
Fair enough. We all want a better Nigeria

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhudnfuGq-4

1 Like

Re: Olumide Akpata: I Support The Right Of Protesters To Assemble Peacefully by OPICANTO2223: 7:31am On Jul 30
I hope the afunjarians will not go for your head. By afunjarians I mean supporters of Tinubu from all tribes in Nigeria

7 Likes

Re: Olumide Akpata: I Support The Right Of Protesters To Assemble Peacefully by BlowYourMind: 7:31am On Jul 30
No one is against protest. Everyone should protest in Their own land, the repeat of endsars destruction of yoruba properties must be avoided, the bitterness and grieves of bitter grievingory Obi people must not be exhibited again.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olumide Akpata: I Support The Right Of Protesters To Assemble Peacefully by Jonjam269: 7:31am On Jul 30
Protest in your region and don't bring your madness to South West.

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Olumide Akpata: I Support The Right Of Protesters To Assemble Peacefully by EmeldaSmiths: 7:31am On Jul 30
It's a normal thing in a every functional clime... I wonder why government is making a fuss about it

2 Likes

Re: Olumide Akpata: I Support The Right Of Protesters To Assemble Peacefully by Coldspice: 7:32am On Jul 30
OPICANTO2223:
I hope the afunjarians will not go for your head

Just like the Igbo descendants of Esau called Obidogs came for his head when he went against Obaseki their god.

3 Likes

Re: Olumide Akpata: I Support The Right Of Protesters To Assemble Peacefully by Oaklaws: 7:32am On Jul 30
Dear Friend, 😍

Whether it’s your japa visa application or one for a new job, all you need is one big YES.

The truth is that it takes a bit of luck (small 2k for data) and plenty of preparation. We can’t do much about the luck and data part but we can help you be very prepared to get that YES.

...And that’s exactly what you’ll be receiving once you connect with our team of experts for a professional CV creation/revamping service.

A CV is more than a list of jobs. It's:

🌟 Your story.

🌟 Your impact.

🌟 Your unique contribution to the growth of your past companies.

Let our team of career coaches help make your CV tell your story in the most compelling way to get that big YES.

👉 Chat us NOW!

Re: Olumide Akpata: I Support The Right Of Protesters To Assemble Peacefully by phemmie06(m): 7:33am On Jul 30
For those campaigning against protest may God give you more strength so that you can live longer to enjoy your worst days

4 Likes

Re: Olumide Akpata: I Support The Right Of Protesters To Assemble Peacefully by EyeCumInPeace: 7:33am On Jul 30
Jonjam269:
Don't be stupid. grin
No part of The Constitution says you must go to your region to protest.
If you dey fear protest, tell your saviour frognubu to open mouth and say "Subsidy is Gone Back".

6 Likes

Re: Olumide Akpata: I Support The Right Of Protesters To Assemble Peacefully by frankson1(m): 7:34am On Jul 30
You should have also written against protesters trampling on the rights of those who will go about their day-to-day activities by blocking the roads and preventing them from doing their businesses.

3 Likes

Re: Olumide Akpata: I Support The Right Of Protesters To Assemble Peacefully by YouAreNobody: 7:34am On Jul 30
They'll soon call you IPOB
Re: Olumide Akpata: I Support The Right Of Protesters To Assemble Peacefully by phemmie06(m): 7:34am On Jul 30
Jonjam269:

Some of you are just extra tribalistic , are you the one catering for the needs of people in southwest, is tribalism paying rents, is tribalism giving southwest cheaper fuel etc.
If you don't know, one of your governor did empowerment last week for some people less than 500.
They all received 50k cash, and some other items, those people will saying don't come to our state, but how many people were these things given to? What is their fraction? Unless you are part of the beneficiary you won't say no to protest and if you're part of them how many days will it take to finish 50k.
People are just hypocrite even when the truth is right before us, is there no hardship?
How much was fuel When BAT and others protested for more than two weeks, so why are they scared of same process now?

5 Likes

Re: Olumide Akpata: I Support The Right Of Protesters To Assemble Peacefully by DMerciful(m): 7:34am On Jul 30
Nigerians youths will show workings August 1st. nor be cho cho cho!

2 Likes

Re: Olumide Akpata: I Support The Right Of Protesters To Assemble Peacefully by Quelme: 7:35am On Jul 30
IPOB you guys have been warned. Protest in your potopoto region. Don't come near Lagos.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olumide Akpata: I Support The Right Of Protesters To Assemble Peacefully by Vipro(m): 7:35am On Jul 30
You may not win the Edo election because Edo is generationally and historically of PDP.

But with this your statement, you have cemented a place in people's heart unlike other leader that will hide behind a masked face to utter this. Kudos
Re: Olumide Akpata: I Support The Right Of Protesters To Assemble Peacefully by benuejosh: 7:35am On Jul 30
Na your people. Obidients protest.

1 Like

Re: Olumide Akpata: I Support The Right Of Protesters To Assemble Peacefully by Cofy9: 7:35am On Jul 30
Herb0:
Anything to change the bad GOVT is welcome

Please Hear THIS!!

Please hear this!!
Do you know that untreated and mistreated infection can lead to infertility in men and women? have you been suffering from any kind of infections or growth inside your body such as:
staphylococcus (staph)
gonorrhea
vaginal yeast infection
trichomoniasis
vaginitis:
gardnerella
norovirus
streptococcus (e.t.c)

And all kinds of toilet infections? get rid of the infection using our number 1 herbal product.
stop managing infections, crush that chronic and stubborn infection and staph that refused to go and enjoy good health within 2weeks.

You are just a Phone CALL away to your permanent Solution.

I need it can yu deliver to Ph
Re: Olumide Akpata: I Support The Right Of Protesters To Assemble Peacefully by DMerciful(m): 7:36am On Jul 30
Stale
Quelme:
IPOB you guys have been warned. Protest in your potopoto region. Don't come near Lagos.

3 Likes

Re: Olumide Akpata: I Support The Right Of Protesters To Assemble Peacefully by DMerciful(m): 7:37am On Jul 30
We have the right to protest
benuejosh:
Na your people. Obidients protest.
Re: Olumide Akpata: I Support The Right Of Protesters To Assemble Peacefully by Shawarmagirl: 7:37am On Jul 30
Jonjam269:

South West inclusive
Re: Olumide Akpata: I Support The Right Of Protesters To Assemble Peacefully by benuejosh: 7:38am On Jul 30
DMerciful:
We have the right to protest
Very true. But I won't protest because the protest has no meaning.

1 Like

Re: Olumide Akpata: I Support The Right Of Protesters To Assemble Peacefully by Quelme: 7:39am On Jul 30
DMerciful:
Stale
but true.

1 Like

Re: Olumide Akpata: I Support The Right Of Protesters To Assemble Peacefully by sammsimm(m): 7:39am On Jul 30
i don't know why some people are concerned about the proposed protest.. we don't need to appeal or beg anyone not to protest let them go ahead with the protest and set the volatile country on fire... we don't need any prophet to tell anyone that masses are hungry and angry but protest is not an option for now. Our leaders should act fast and make Nigerians happy

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Poor State Of Lagos Roads / Gej's Latest Facebook Update / Jang: Only Haters Of Nigeria, Economic Recovery Oppose Subsidy Removal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.