Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,838 members, 7,972,965 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 12:52 AM

Just In: Yoruba People And Well-meaning Nigerians Should Reject This Protest- Su - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Just In: Yoruba People And Well-meaning Nigerians Should Reject This Protest- Su (288 Views)

Don't Join This Protest. / Habibat Tinubu : Check This Out All Well Meaning Nigerians / Do You Know If This Protest Reach 30days United Nations Will Intervene (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Just In: Yoruba People And Well-meaning Nigerians Should Reject This Protest- Su by Featuredgist: 7:50am On Jul 30
Just In: Yoruba people and well-meaning Nigerians should reject this protest. It’s politically motivated. We will firmly resist those who intend to cause violence across Yorubaland — Yoruba Nation Activist, Sunday Igboho, kicks against #EndBadGovernance protest
Yoruba Nation agitator, Chief Sunday Adeyemo, popularly known as Sunday Igboho, has kicked against the nationwide protests planned for August 1 over the hardship in the country.
Igboho in a statement issued late last night, said: “I, Chief Sunday Igboho, am issuing this press release in response to the planned protests by some unknown and faceless individuals, who are working to disintegrate the country.
‘’Since President Bola Ahmed Tinubu’s assumed office on May 29, 2023, he has implemented revolutionary policies, which his predecessors lacked the political will to pursue.
These bold steps have, unsurprisingly, unsettled those who believe it is their birth right to rule Nigeria. And in response, there have been attempts to undermine his administration, particularly on social media, with the aim of creating discord between the government and the people.
Recently, we have become aware of notices from unknown individuals threatening 10 days of rage’, beginning August 1, 2024, under the slogan ‘Tinubu Must Go!’ While the right to peaceful protest is enshrined in our constitution, it does not extend to calls for an unconstitutional regime change.
It is worth noting that during President Buhari’s eight-year tenure, there were no such protests for regime change from the Southwest, even when our people faced oppression and atrocities by Fulani terrorists.
Our protests were focused on protecting our communities, not on destabilizing the country. The Yoruba Nation Movement and I firmly declare that we will not participate in any protest aimed at using the Southwest as a battleground for political upheaval. We stand resolute in our belief that the Yoruba nation will not be a launchpad for disintegrating Nigeria. We recognize that economic hardship is a global

Continue reading on
https://featuredgist.com/just-in-yoruba-people-and-well-meaning-nigerians-should-reject-this-protest-sunday-igboho/

1 Like

Re: Just In: Yoruba People And Well-meaning Nigerians Should Reject This Protest- Su by Naira20: 7:59am On Jul 30
Only a foolish Yoruba person will support a government that makes employment difficult for graduates but encouraging touts.

Touts without education are buying houses after the elections but graduates are losing jobs from multinational coys just because of bad policies.

I saw one useless tout blackmailing Yorubas accusing them of joining others to protest. The fool even said those calling for protests are lazy...imagine.

If we were to live in saner climes, how can illiterate agberos be the ones telling graduates what to do.

The protest is not by force.. Pro Tinubu Protesters did their protest no one stopped them...allow others to protest too abeg.

Igboho ko igboro ni

2 Likes

Re: Just In: Yoruba People And Well-meaning Nigerians Should Reject This Protest- Su by Chinkoalhaji34: 8:01am On Jul 30
Na wah o!

Make we no let the noise of a few distract us from the bigger picture. The strength of the Yoruba people dey inside unity and progress, not protest wey go scatter our plans. Let's channel our energy into something wey go benefit our communities instead. Time to stand strong together!

2 Likes

Re: Just In: Yoruba People And Well-meaning Nigerians Should Reject This Protest- Su by ambale(m): 8:04am On Jul 30
Naira20:
Only a foolish Yoruba person will support a government that makes employment difficult for graduates but encouraging touts.

Touts without education are buying houses after the elections but graduates are losing jobs from multinational coys just because of bad policies.

I saw one useless tout blackmailing Yorubas accusing them of joining others to protest. The fool even said those calling for protests are lazy...imagine.

If we were to live in saner climes, how can illiterate agberos be the ones telling graduates what to do.

Do you know that thugs are more captured in the scheme of things than graduates in this country??

Like this country is gone finally, na to just dey cruise and pray for grace remain

2 Likes

Re: Just In: Yoruba People And Well-meaning Nigerians Should Reject This Protest- Su by Naira20: 8:07am On Jul 30
I just alluded to it...
Imagine those who can't see beyond a motorpark telling those who can analyze things better to support nonsense.

ambale:

Do you know that thugs are more captured in the scheme of things than graduates in this country??

Like this country is gone finally, na to just dey cruise and pray for grace remain

1 Like

Re: Just In: Yoruba People And Well-meaning Nigerians Should Reject This Protest- Su by BlowYourMind: 8:08am On Jul 30
Naira20:

So a third class graduate of philosophy should tell first-class graduate of computer science what to do because he is igbo, your hypocrisy is top-notch

5 Likes

Re: Just In: Yoruba People And Well-meaning Nigerians Should Reject This Protest- Su by Mace0lane: 8:09am On Jul 30
As far as I am concern I am Yoruba n am for the protest. It will reset Tinubu head

1 Like

Re: Just In: Yoruba People And Well-meaning Nigerians Should Reject This Protest- Su by pongwa(m): 8:10am On Jul 30
Naira20:

The protest is not by force.. Pro Tinubu Protesters did their protest no one stopped them...allow others to protest too abeg.

Igboho ko igboro ni
kosi danu
Re: Just In: Yoruba People And Well-meaning Nigerians Should Reject This Protest- Su by Naira20: 8:14am On Jul 30
I doubt that you attended any tertiary institution.
If you did, you'd know that you don't compare different things.

If you had said 3rd class Philosophy and 1st class philosophy, it would have made a little sense.

But deep thinkers know that people with different grades at different study periods can't be compared.

BlowYourMind:
So a third class graduate of philosophy should tell first-class graduate of computer science what to do because he is igbo, your hypocrisy is top-notch

1 Like

Re: Just In: Yoruba People And Well-meaning Nigerians Should Reject This Protest- Su by Naira20: 8:16am On Jul 30
Muhehehe...e pain the agbero.
Take your advice to the motor parks and stop making Yorubas look like fools.
pongwa:
kosi danu

1 Like

Re: Just In: Yoruba People And Well-meaning Nigerians Should Reject This Protest- Su by Salewa97: 8:17am On Jul 30
This is exactly the kind of wisdom we need right now.

Yoruba people have always been known for their resilience and intelligence, and it's high time we channel that energy into building rather than tearing down. Protests may seem like a way to express frustration, but what we really need is unity and constructive dialogue.

Su is absolutely right; we should focus on uplifting our communities and working together for progress. The strength of our culture lies in our ability to come together and find solutions that benefit all.

Let’s embrace peace and development instead of chaos. We are better than this! God bless Yoruba land and all well-meaning Nigerians!

1 Like

Re: Just In: Yoruba People And Well-meaning Nigerians Should Reject This Protest- Su by BlowYourMind: 8:23am On Jul 30
Naira20:
I doubt that you attended any tertiary institution.
If you did, you'd know that you don't compare different things.

If you had said 3rd class Philosophy and 1st class philosophy, it would have made a little sense.

But deep thinkers know that people with different grades at different study periods can't be compared.

Tertiary institutions are only your legitimate right, yet you don't know the difference between touts and louts, you know everything because the key of wisdom is your father's pocket

3 Likes

Re: Just In: Yoruba People And Well-meaning Nigerians Should Reject This Protest- Su by pongwa(m): 8:34am On Jul 30
Naira20:
Muhehehe...e pain the agbero.
Take your advice to the motor parks and stop making Yorubas look like fools.
I grew up around igbos and I love them but you are a disgusting fellow. MNK's struggle, and lately Obidense movement, have eroded what's left of your brain
Re: Just In: Yoruba People And Well-meaning Nigerians Should Reject This Protest- Su by nairalander095(f): 8:35am On Jul 30
Nobody must stop this protest!!!!

1 Like

Re: Just In: Yoruba People And Well-meaning Nigerians Should Reject This Protest- Su by BigTableShaker(f): 8:41am On Jul 30
Mace0lane:
As far as I am concern I am Yoruba n am for the protest. It will reset Tinubu head

President wey talk say him masses go suffer, him self go suffer too
Re: Just In: Yoruba People And Well-meaning Nigerians Should Reject This Protest- Su by Kalashnikov49: 8:46am On Jul 30
Who is Sunday IGBOHO? A freedom fighter or a SCAM?

What happened to Yoruba agitation?

FULANI Herdsmen killed 3 OBAs in SW..what did IGBOHO say?

So, he is now talking about protest matters, as if he has a say.

Anyway... If you believe these people as partners, you will have yourself to blame.

Very shameless people
Re: Just In: Yoruba People And Well-meaning Nigerians Should Reject This Protest- Su by Kalashnikov49: 8:48am On Jul 30
You are shallow

pongwa:
I grew up around igbos and I love them but you are a disgusting fellow. MNK's struggle, and lately Obidense movement, have eroded what's left of your brain
Re: Just In: Yoruba People And Well-meaning Nigerians Should Reject This Protest- Su by trutharena: 8:49am On Jul 30
Rejecting protests is not the solution, we need unity and dialogue. Yoruba people are known for their wisdom and resilience; let’s channel that energy into constructive conversations instead. Peaceful engagement is the way forward!

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Protest Is Largely Successful And Largely Failed In Nigeria. / Post Protest - Will The Govt Still Try These? / CNG Is Safer Than Petrol -expert

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.