Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,574 members, 7,929,844 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 02:28 AM

What I Told A Friend Who Asked Me About Joining The Protest - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What I Told A Friend Who Asked Me About Joining The Protest (553 Views)

Man Who Asked Peter Obi About IPOB At Chatham House, Turns Out To Be APC Member / Between Peter Obi And A Nigerian Who Asked Him To Contest Presidency In 2023 / Lai Mohammed Replies Kid Grandson Who Asked Why He's Called Liar Mohammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What I Told A Friend Who Asked Me About Joining The Protest by Authority1o1(m): 9:44am On Jul 31
When he returned from his normal ablution, he said, “How far, will you be joining in this protest? You're always talking about how Nigeria should be saved, so this is an opportunity.”

He continued, “Northerners are joining, we (his tribesmen) are joining, Won't you and your people also join?”

I smiled and told him, “Me and my people won't join in the Hunger Protest because we're not hungry. Tinubu's government is favouring me and my people.”

I wish all protesters fruitful result.

2 Likes

Re: What I Told A Friend Who Asked Me About Joining The Protest by ItCanOnlyBeGod: 9:47am On Jul 31
grin grin grin

You na werey o. But it's true. After the INEC fraud called election, na them been dey talk say Tinubu go favour them and their families. Na dem hunger flog sotee, dem declare protest.

Igbos are not hungry and won't join in the protest against hunger.

OP you too smart ajeh. grin cheesy
Re: What I Told A Friend Who Asked Me About Joining The Protest by Obiedun(m): 9:50am On Jul 31
Authority1o1:
When he returned from his normal ablution, he said, “How far, will you be joining in this protest? You're always talking about how Nigeria should be saved, so this is an opportunity.”

He continued, “Northerners are joining, we (his tribesmen) are joining, Won't you and your people also join?”

I smiled and told him, “Me and my people won't join in the Hunger Protest because we're not hungry. Tinubu's government is favouring me and my people.”

I like you

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Told A Friend Who Asked Me About Joining The Protest by Obiedun(m): 9:54am On Jul 31
ItCanOnlyBeGod:
grin grin grin

You na werey o. But it's true. After the INEC fraud called election, na them been dey talk say Tinubu go favour them and their families. Na dem hunger flog sotee, dem declare protest.

Igbos are not hungry and won't join in the protest against hunger.

OP you too smart ajeh. grin cheesy
you are insulting him, right?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Told A Friend Who Asked Me About Joining The Protest by DevilsEqual(m): 9:54am On Jul 31
How come its still Igbos that have been creating threads about the protests since a week now. From Vanbottel, to Bigkokorep, AcuraMDX and more

You speak from all sides of the mouth

Also, if u arent joining, why worry about it?
Why not treat it as being inconsequential? just like no one ever created a thread to ask why the igbos arent willing to join and thats cause we all care less too

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Told A Friend Who Asked Me About Joining The Protest by ItCanOnlyBeGod: 10:02am On Jul 31
Obiedun:
you are insulting him, right?

No na. Isn't it clear enough I stand with OP?
Re: What I Told A Friend Who Asked Me About Joining The Protest by ItCanOnlyBeGod: 10:04am On Jul 31
DevilsEqual:
How come its still Igbos that have been creating threads about the protests since a week now. From Vanbottel, to Bigkokorep, AcuraMDX and more

Why not treat it as being inconsequential? just like no one ever created a thread to ask why the igbos arent willing to join and thats cause we all care less too

NL is a public space, and everyone is entitled to freedom of expression. If you think you'll users should suppress their opinions just to validate whatever positions you hold about stuff, then you're a 🤡.

No be only Yaruba get NL.

Additionally, my people are never known to speak from all sides of their mouth. They're one people whose stance you'd always know because of how bold they're with it.

We don't want to join and that's decisive.

1 Like

Re: What I Told A Friend Who Asked Me About Joining The Protest by Authority1o1(m): 10:12am On Jul 31
DevilsEqual:

Okay...

Do we still need to join in the protest when his government is favouring me and my people?
Re: What I Told A Friend Who Asked Me About Joining The Protest by DevilsEqual(m): 10:14am On Jul 31
ItCanOnlyBeGod:

No be only Yaruba get NL.

I said igbo guys have being creating threads on it and this is your reply??

How do they relate??

Do u have issues with comprehension?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Told A Friend Who Asked Me About Joining The Protest by DevilsEqual(m): 10:16am On Jul 31
Authority1o1:

Okay...

Do we still need to join in the protest when his government is favouring me and my people?

Guy rest. U are an independent entity. What u choose to do isnt anyones business

Last I checked, none of the Yorubas that i know, either online or offline has ever wanted the protest to happen.

I care only about my tribe. Whatever u choose to do is your cup of tea

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Told A Friend Who Asked Me About Joining The Protest by Prince2324: 10:18am On Jul 31
DevilsEqual:

Is because you and your likes have been creating different topics about Igbo sponsoring the protest but it has dawned on you that your brother Adekunle Adeyemi Taofeek is the coordinator of take it back movement in Lagos and also among the sponsor of this protest.

When I told you that it is your people (Yoruba) will remove your own (Tinubu) from that sit you didn't believe me.
Re: What I Told A Friend Who Asked Me About Joining The Protest by ItCanOnlyBeGod: 10:20am On Jul 31
DevilsEqual:

I said igbo guys have being creating threads on it and this is your reply??

How do they relate??

Do u have issues with comprehension?

The stance of Igbos is clear. Don't you get it?
Re: What I Told A Friend Who Asked Me About Joining The Protest by efighter: 10:45am On Jul 31
Authority1o1:

The government is not favouring anybody except the looting elite. But this is not the time for protest, any group of idiots on the streets will be severely dealt with

4 Likes

Re: What I Told A Friend Who Asked Me About Joining The Protest by efighter: 10:47am On Jul 31
Prince2324:
Is because you and your likes have been creating different topics about Igbo sponsoring the protest but it has dawned on you that your brother Adekunle Adeyemi Taofeek is the coordinator of take it back movement in Lagos and also among the sponsor of this protest.

When I told you that it is your people (Yoruba) will remove your own (Tinubu) from that sit you didn't believe me.

You Igbos just like chest beating. Yes, Yorubas will remove Tinubu from seat in 2031 when he shall hand over to the Kanuri Wonder Boy Kashim Shettima after spending his two terms of 8 years combined

3 Likes

Re: What I Told A Friend Who Asked Me About Joining The Protest by Prince2324: 11:32am On Jul 31
efighter:

You Igbos just like chest beating. Yes, Yorubas will remove Tinubu from seat in 2031 when he shall hand over to the Kanuri Wonder Boy Kashim Shettima after spending his two terms of 8 years combined
You Yorubas will keep on plotting for protest to remove whoever the rigger is just like Adekunle Adeyemi Taofeek because you lots reason like goat
Re: What I Told A Friend Who Asked Me About Joining The Protest by SpaceX: 1:48pm On Jul 31
The protest is tomorrow, everyone should Be outside even if you are sick or lying down in hospital bed. Take your drip and Come out tomorrow. I will be joining you guys virtually.
Re: What I Told A Friend Who Asked Me About Joining The Protest by tungamaje: 1:56pm On Jul 31
DevilsEqual:

Don't be naive. They create these threads to taunt you people who ridiculed them when they suggested that we should elect a new breed of politicians to be on charge of the country
Re: What I Told A Friend Who Asked Me About Joining The Protest by raskymonojendor: 2:00pm On Jul 31
DevilsEqual:

Guy rest. U are an independent entity. What u choose to do isnt anyones business

Last I checked, none of the Yorubas that i know, either online or offline has ever wanted the protest to happen.

I care only about my tribe. Whatever u choose to do is your cup of tea
Exactly.

1 Like

Re: What I Told A Friend Who Asked Me About Joining The Protest by raskymonojendor: 2:00pm On Jul 31
tungamaje:

Don't be naive. They create these threads to taunt you people who ridiculed them when they suggested that we should elect a new breed of politicians to be on charge of the country
So are Obi and Datti new breed of politicians?

Same Obi that looted with Abacha
Same Obi that financed Obiano's election and later demanded for N7.5b from Obiano
Same Obi that was one of GEJs campaign manager
Same Obi that was vice to Atiku
Same Obi that was cursed and Insulted massively for his bad governance of Anambra.
Even Datti contested for PDP presidential primary in 2019 and carried last position. Same Datti was kicked out of the Senate for election stealing.

You can now see why people call you Obidients gbajue. Trying to force a tribal candidate on us.

1 Like

Re: What I Told A Friend Who Asked Me About Joining The Protest by raskymonojendor: 2:06pm On Jul 31

(1) (Reply)

Protest: What Happened In Different States; / Yar’adua: Yakassai Cautions Bankole / Nigerians Still Top List Of Asylum Seekers In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.