Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,187,427 members, 7,932,378 topics. Date: Tuesday, 27 August 2024 at 05:17 AM

24 Hours To Hunger Protest, Steps FG Has Taken To Stop Demonstration (Full List) - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 24 Hours To Hunger Protest, Steps FG Has Taken To Stop Demonstration (Full List) (70379 Views)

Hunger Protest Begins In Niger State (Pictures) / Soldiers "Take Over’ Major Abuja Road 72 Hours To Hunger Protest / Hunger Protest Spotted In Wuse, Abuja - Shehu Sani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 24 Hours To Hunger Protest, Steps FG Has Taken To Stop Demonstration (Full List) by DrFunmisticGlow: 11:38pm On Jul 31
People can't farm when it isn't safe to do so.
benuejosh:
Okay.

In Nigeria, the protest is as a result of bad state actors who are feeling pained that the election conducted didn't bring them to power even when some came distant third position.

There is hunger in the land. Yes it is true, but what have the individuals done about it? did hunger start today? have they gone to farm? they blame the government and i ask, define government. Are the masses not the authority? are they not the ones who sent people to represent them? What have they done to support those they sent to represent them? If they are hungry they should go to farm and not allow themselves to be used with hunger as an excuse or tool to be used by those who lost out of election to cause chaos.

The rot of over 16 years cannot be cured by just 1 and half year of Tinubu in government. Peter Obi had 8 years as governor of a state yet left Anambra as one of the worst state in terms of development and governance.

Those behind the protest are only calling for anarchy and chaos to make this administration unstable.

Even if the protest ends, untill the farmers harvest their crops, there's nothing that can be done about the hunger. Government can not farm to feed the whole nation. Most Nigerians want everything to be given to them freely without them working for it.

Minimum was increased to about N30k Abia state and Benue that i am aware of were still paying workers about N18k till date. But it is the federal government that they want to blame. Even if it is increased to 200k, federal government will pay her own workers but will the state government pay their workers? will the private sector pay? are the protesters protesting against their state government or against Tinubu? The man -Tinubu- has increased minimum wage. Ask your state governors to implement it and lets see.

Traders in the market are increasing prices in the market at will, are they protesting against those traders? but it is Tinubu that is increasing prices.
We need to be wise as a people in this country.
The call for anarchy should be resisted by all means and those supporting it should be brought to book.

For me, i am not protesting because the protest is just a call for anarchy. The government is working round the clock to make sure things work out for good.

Don't allow hatred for a particular ethnic group to cloud your sense of reasoning.

Tinubu is working!
Re: 24 Hours To Hunger Protest, Steps FG Has Taken To Stop Demonstration (Full List) by Scientheosopher(m): 12:07am On Aug 01
9. Allegedly sponsored antiprotesters cool
Re: 24 Hours To Hunger Protest, Steps FG Has Taken To Stop Demonstration (Full List) by blueAgent(m): 1:23am On Aug 01
benuejosh:
Okay.

In Nigeria, the protest is as a result of bad state actors who are feeling pained that the election conducted didn't bring them to power even when some came distant third position.

There is hunger in the land. Yes it is true, but what have the individuals done about it? did hunger start today? have they gone to farm? they blame the government and i ask, define government. Are the masses not the authority? are they not the ones who sent people to represent them? What have they done to support those they sent to represent them? If they are hungry they should go to farm and not allow themselves to be used with hunger as an excuse or tool to be used by those who lost out of election to cause chaos.

The rot of over 16 years cannot be cured by just 1 and half year of Tinubu in government. Peter Obi had 8 years as governor of a state yet left Anambra as one of the worst state in terms of development and governance.

Those behind the protest are only calling for anarchy and chaos to make this administration unstable.

Even if the protest ends, untill the farmers harvest their crops, there's nothing that can be done about the hunger. Government can not farm to feed the whole nation. Most Nigerians want everything to be given to them freely without them working for it.

Minimum was increased to about N30k Abia state and Benue that i am aware of were still paying workers about N18k till date. But it is the federal government that they want to blame. Even if it is increased to 200k, federal government will pay her own workers but will the state government pay their workers? will the private sector pay? are the protesters protesting against their state government or against Tinubu? The man -Tinubu- has increased minimum wage. Ask your state governors to implement it and lets see.

Traders in the market are increasing prices in the market at will, are they protesting against those traders? but it is Tinubu that is increasing prices.
The call for anarchy should be resisted by all means and those supporting it should be brought to book.

For me, i am not protesting because the protest is just a call for anarchy. The government is working round the clock to make sure things work out for good.

Don't allow hatred for a particular ethnic group to cloud your sense of reasoning.

Tinubu is working!

Is there any sense or logic in this writeup?

Somebody should help me understand, what this clown wrote here.
Re: 24 Hours To Hunger Protest, Steps FG Has Taken To Stop Demonstration (Full List) by blueAgent(m): 1:27am On Aug 01
7upnigeria:

I'VE SAID IT B4, they're just interested in removing Tinubu which is IMPOSSIBLE. They think Tinubu does not have any supporter, which is just LAUGHABLE. The outcome of this protest could be any of such:

1. The President will come up with some measures to pacify the protesters.
2. Resorting to violence will lead to death of Protesters and the arrest of some of the organisers.
3. Any attempt to remove the President will ESCALATE ETHNIC TENSIONS IN LAGOS and other southwest states. I dont see the IGBOS remaining in Lagos for too long. Most of the traditional rulers in Yorubaland and MOST YORUBAS will not tolerate the attack on TINUBU'S GOVERNMENT. SUNDAY IGBOHO is also around the corner. I dont see any Military takeover but IGBOS will feel the heat in Yorubaland.

4. If Hausas eventually join the madness (because PEOPLE LIKE ELRUFAI are also in the picture), it will be to your tent O Israel.

Yorubas have been accommodating and FRIENDLY to all parts of Nigeria, ruining Tinubu's Presidency will be the last straw that will break Nigeria as we will never accept being answerable to the North, NEVER.

Bla bla bla.

Total crap.

When it was GEJ Heaven did not fall, now its your tribes man you are writing this crap.

Hypocrite.
Re: 24 Hours To Hunger Protest, Steps FG Has Taken To Stop Demonstration (Full List) by blueAgent(m): 1:30am On Aug 01
lexy2014:

which rot of 16years are you referring to?

who is responsible for the rot?

if you say those calling for protest are calling for anarchy, is it anarchy tinubu was calling for in this video when he called for protest against jonathan?

how is the government working round the clock?

akpabio said “Those who want to protest can protest, but let us be here eating…”

how does that show that the government is working round the clock?

1. Tinubu created centres across the country where Nigerians can purchase a 50kg bag of rice for N40,000.

can you pls list the centres that have been created across the country and their various locations across the country?

after buying the rice, what will people use to eat the rice?

for how long will the centres be open?

is rice the solution to every problem as far as tinubu is concerned?

what happened to the rice the customs was selling where an APC woman died?

why is customs no longer selling the rice?

2. Tinubu directed the Nigerian National Petroleum Company Limited to sell crude to the Dangote refinery and other upcoming refineries in naira.

how will this have effect on the price of petrol?

if the government can release 12billion naira to build a house for one person, why should it wait for dangote refinery before doing something about the price of fuel?

3. He met with governors from the All Progressives Congress, under the aegis of the Progressives Governors Forum at the Presidential Villa, Abuja, to discuss the growing calls for nationwide protests against economic hardship.

what is the effect of the meeting and how does the meeting address the concerns of the protesters? is it the same state governors that are implementing various measures to ensure the protest does not take place in their states?

4. Although Tinubu had earlier announced that he may stop the importation of import duties on food and essential commodities, Tinubu suspended import duties to cushion the effect of the inflationary trend in Nigeria. On Monday, he removed the duties on the food importation.

why did the previous removal of import duties not reflect in prices of goods? if the previous directive had no effect, why will this one have any effect?

5. The President held emergency meetings with prominent traditional rulers and Ulamas (Islamic religious scholars) at the Aso Rock Villa, Abuja as part of efforts by the government to ensure the planned hunger protest, slated for August 1 to 10, is averted nationwide.

what is the effect of the meeting? will it improve the living condition of nigerians?

6. FG unveiled the Youth Internship Scheme initiated by the NDDC for 10,000 youths of the Niger Delta region and approved N50,000 monthly stipends for them.

what the hell is this?

how long will they be paid this 50k? what criteria will be used to select these 10,000 youths?

are there only 10,000 youths in the entire niger delta?

i thought they said tinubu is brilliant? how come the only thing he knows is sharing money?

7. The Nigerian Communications Commission has directed telecommunications operators to immediately restore all blocked phone lines due to the non-linkage of National Identification Numbers to SIM cards.

ho is this related to the protest when the government had much earlier in the year directed that telcos disconnect people's lines?

8. President Bola Tinubu, on Monday, signed the new Minimum Wage Act into law.
during jonathans time that tinubu said was not good, 70k could buy 7bags of rice. now tinubus minimum wage cant buy 1 bag of rice and he said jonathan needed to be removed from office thru revolution.

what is the value of this minimum wage?

Thumbs up.
Nice writeup.

You can never see an APCshit miscreants back their arguments with facts like this, they only insult and mention Obi.

Useless ppl whose brain has been eaten in a Coven.

1 Like

Re: 24 Hours To Hunger Protest, Steps FG Has Taken To Stop Demonstration (Full List) by blueAgent(m): 1:37am On Aug 01
Tizzy124:
Those that want to protest are actually not protesting because of hardship. They just want Tinubu out because their preferred candidate lost. They should go ahead and protest but they should know that their candidate can/will never smell that seat.

This one too get working brain?

Am not sure.
Re: 24 Hours To Hunger Protest, Steps FG Has Taken To Stop Demonstration (Full List) by sadissbala(m): 1:44am On Aug 01
benuejosh:
Okay.

Tinubu is working!
Bleep you, we know that you are on their payroll we know they sent you here
Re: 24 Hours To Hunger Protest, Steps FG Has Taken To Stop Demonstration (Full List) by chrisblack1234: 2:27am On Aug 01
All those said are just audio..we want fuel to be back to 200..,then we can now reason
Re: 24 Hours To Hunger Protest, Steps FG Has Taken To Stop Demonstration (Full List) by Flows001(m): 5:13am On Aug 01
benuejosh:
Okay.

Tinubu is working!
Trash as usual

Re: 24 Hours To Hunger Protest, Steps FG Has Taken To Stop Demonstration (Full List) by Pins(m): 5:36am On Aug 01
My problem with Tinubu and his team have a pact with implementing temporary solutions which won't solve the problem permanently. Everything palliative and palliative after palative and rather you are creating a bigger problem for the future because palliative has proven not to be sustainable in Nigeria because the Nigerian system is franctically corrupt. So no good can come out of it.
Re: 24 Hours To Hunger Protest, Steps FG Has Taken To Stop Demonstration (Full List) by BluntCrazeMan: 6:16am On Aug 01
Islie:

https://punchng.com/full-list-24-hours-to-hunger-protest-steps-fg-has-taken-to-stop-demonstration/?amp
Dokubo never made anybody to believe that the Niger-Delta had problems.
He was busy singing the praises of Tinubu, and being a sycophantic clown 🤡..

Now, he want protesters to leave the general problem of Nigeria and start seeking for the problem of a sectional Niger-Delta.??

Why can't he change the demands of the protest in Niger-Delta.??

In other words,, a clown is always a clown.
Re: 24 Hours To Hunger Protest, Steps FG Has Taken To Stop Demonstration (Full List) by KingOfTheDamned: 7:37am On Aug 01
NaughtyBrainiac:
I am a Supporter of BAT and I fully support everyone that intends to come out to protest peacefully.

No matter the hardship an average Nigerian goes through, people in Governemnet can NEVER understand the extent of hardship. This is because they are spending public money. It is ONLY a protest like this that can make them understand how bad things are.

As much as I have fate in BAT, I still strongly believe that he could do better than this. Better in the aspect of finding sustainable ways to ease hardship while we work on securing the future of Nigeria and Nigerians. It is paramount that Nigerians want to survive first, na perosn wey survive today go dey hope for bright future.

All these palliatives are not sustainable in any way, it is just a waste of resources. Those 2 major policies of subsidy removal and Naira floating cannot work at the same time. One must be dropped.

God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

You are the first Tinubu supporter on this forum I truly respect.

You spoke with senses and intelligence not found amongst the likes of Yarimo or helinues.

You are obviously educated and very stable unlike the others.
Re: 24 Hours To Hunger Protest, Steps FG Has Taken To Stop Demonstration (Full List) by 7upnigeria: 10:46am On Aug 01
blueAgent:

Bla bla bla.
Total crap.
When it was GEJ Heaven did not fall, now its your tribes man you are writing this crap.

Hypocrite.

You ungrateful lots need to understand the importance of the Yoruba race in this country. IF YOUR PROTEST IS IMPORTANT, WHY DONT YOU STAY AWAY FROM YORUBALAND TO CARRY OUT YOUR PROTEST. It will too disappointing NOTHING is done by Yoruba elders when ungrateful evil people always target Yorubaland to do their evil.
Re: 24 Hours To Hunger Protest, Steps FG Has Taken To Stop Demonstration (Full List) by blueAgent(m): 10:51am On Aug 01
7upnigeria:

You ungrateful lots need to understand the importance of the Yoruba race in this country. IF YOUR PROTEST IS IMPORTANT, WHY DONT YOU STAY AWAY FROM YORUBALAND TO CARRY OUT YOUR PROTEST. It will too disappointing NOTHING is done by Yoruba elders when ungrateful evil people always target Yorubaland to do their evil.

What's is this one ranting.
Which Yorrobber land?.

The slums you can land, brown roof Slums. cool

Abeg Park well.
Re: 24 Hours To Hunger Protest, Steps FG Has Taken To Stop Demonstration (Full List) by Procashtips(m): 10:59am On Aug 01
Bought a bag of rice yesterday for ₦79k

Please, where are they selling that of ₦40k?

Which market?
Re: 24 Hours To Hunger Protest, Steps FG Has Taken To Stop Demonstration (Full List) by MySolace: 10:15pm On Aug 01
Wiifesnatcher:

I dey ikorodu come repeat that rubbish in that your second paragraph in my presence then you go think na your coward people your ipob dey order like m0rons to sit at home on Monday you dey follow yarn

If you're true son of that your imbeciles fada just go out tomorrow and destroy anything in southwest states if you won't be send on errand to your ancestors
Ikorodu rat, Sorry am not currently in nigeria, and i honestly wish i was.. But den, No hide face o! Shey u're darring for any destruction in southwest states, there surely wil be, but dis time, na ur pple go run it sef. Na dem go put am for ur body wen u misbehave. We go read am for dis nairaland...

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Wakili Relaxing At The Police Station (Photo) / #EndBadGovernance: Youths Drink Beer On A Bad, Muddy Road In Owerri (Photos) / Cash Recovered From Andrew Yakubu's Bunker In Kaduna By EFCC (Photos)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.