Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,941 members, 7,909,507 topics. Date: Saturday, 03 August 2024 at 07:26 AM

Paying ₦‎30,000 Was A Struggle, I Cannot Pay ₦‎70,000 - Inuwa Yahaya - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Paying ₦‎30,000 Was A Struggle, I Cannot Pay ₦‎70,000 - Inuwa Yahaya (31949 Views)

You Cannot Pay Your Gateman Or Driver Below N70,000 - Senate President / Seyi Makinde: I Cannot Pay 30,000 New Minimum Wage / New Minimum Wage: Why States Cannot Pay N30,000 – Gov Umahi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Paying ₦‎30,000 Was A Struggle, I Cannot Pay ₦‎70,000 - Inuwa Yahaya by gnykelly(m): 3:40pm On Jul 31
ShoeGetSize:
The whole minimum wage thing is baffling. Why must every single state adopt a uniform salary rate in a country which is supposed to be practicing Federalism? Why have a uniform wage structure as if we are a unitary state?

Does the daily expenses of a Civil Servant in Victoria Island or Banana Island equate with that of a local government clerk in Talata Marafa Local Government Area of Zamfara State?

That's the problem with this country. It is run by unintelligent people who in a decent society are not even qualified to clean toilets.

You sound very intelligent, when are you running for a office.

2 Likes

Re: Paying ₦‎30,000 Was A Struggle, I Cannot Pay ₦‎70,000 - Inuwa Yahaya by tnerro1(m): 3:40pm On Jul 31
But can spend billions on trips to Mecca, they should merge the unproductive state with another state

2 Likes

Re: Paying ₦‎30,000 Was A Struggle, I Cannot Pay ₦‎70,000 - Inuwa Yahaya by tishbite42: 3:40pm On Jul 31
Lateef73:
I laugh when I saw Ned Nwoko clamouring for Anioma State.

Abia state with smaller population and land mass blessed with oil and gas is still struggling to pay N18k you are clamouring for Anioma state with higher population.
Lateef, how is it your problem?!
Focus on your zone
Tinubu can create more states for you guys
Re: Paying ₦‎30,000 Was A Struggle, I Cannot Pay ₦‎70,000 - Inuwa Yahaya by Chinjo2: 3:41pm On Jul 31
Then quietly resign and let those who can get the job done take over.
It's as simple as ABC.
Re: Paying ₦‎30,000 Was A Struggle, I Cannot Pay ₦‎70,000 - Inuwa Yahaya by raskymonojendor: 3:43pm On Jul 31
I love this. Thank you NLC.
Re: Paying ₦‎30,000 Was A Struggle, I Cannot Pay ₦‎70,000 - Inuwa Yahaya by victorDanladi: 3:43pm On Jul 31
ShoeGetSize:
The whole minimum wage thing is baffling. Why must every single state adopt a uniform salary rate in a country which is supposed to be practicing Federalism? Why have a uniform wage structure as if we are a unitary state?

Does the daily expenses of a Civil Servant in Victoria Island or Banana Island equate with that of a local government clerk in Talata Marafa Local Government Area of Zamfara State?

That's the problem with this country. It is run by unintelligent people who in a decent society are not even qualified to clean toilets.

Hope you are aware that your labour leader opposed the decentralization of the negotiation and you people were quiet??
Nigerians and selective criticism!

1 Like

Re: Paying ₦‎30,000 Was A Struggle, I Cannot Pay ₦‎70,000 - Inuwa Yahaya by raskymonojendor: 3:44pm On Jul 31
This is why I laugh when others talk about creating more states, when the existing ones are still struggling despite the huge allocation. 😂

Anyway, Oga governor pay up. Cut your budget and cost of running the government. Find the cost from somewhere.

2 Likes

Re: Paying ₦‎30,000 Was A Struggle, I Cannot Pay ₦‎70,000 - Inuwa Yahaya by press9jatv: 3:44pm On Jul 31
chisomkachy:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/nnorth-east/718823-gombe-cant-pay-n70000-minimum-wage-governor-yahaya.html
you will have to find money in paying your workers. Or else you are remove from power
Re: Paying ₦‎30,000 Was A Struggle, I Cannot Pay ₦‎70,000 - Inuwa Yahaya by NaijaCrusader: 3:46pm On Jul 31
Then resign. Simple because you are not fit for the job

1 Like

Re: Paying ₦‎30,000 Was A Struggle, I Cannot Pay ₦‎70,000 - Inuwa Yahaya by nwakibie3(m): 3:46pm On Jul 31
Menclothing1:

More than 15 other including Abia paying 18k should they all resign or pay what they can afford?

They all should resign
Re: Paying ₦‎30,000 Was A Struggle, I Cannot Pay ₦‎70,000 - Inuwa Yahaya by OlofofoCorner: 3:47pm On Jul 31
chisomkachy:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/nnorth-east/718823-gombe-cant-pay-n70000-minimum-wage-governor-yahaya.html

Useless Governors. Who cannot generate IGR in their various states. Always running to the FG.......
Re: Paying ₦‎30,000 Was A Struggle, I Cannot Pay ₦‎70,000 - Inuwa Yahaya by tiwasiaife(m): 3:47pm On Jul 31
All blames still go to Tinubu.
He destroyed economy and caused highest inflation which has even surpassed that of Venezuela and now want Governors to pay.
Governors should reduce their security votes and then demand that in 2027 free fair election should be held or we move to regional or rather divide.
Re: Paying ₦‎30,000 Was A Struggle, I Cannot Pay ₦‎70,000 - Inuwa Yahaya by Natbrowny: 3:47pm On Jul 31
With statements like this

We sure do need more terrorist in this country..

Sadistic terrorist who targets politicians.
Re: Paying ₦‎30,000 Was A Struggle, I Cannot Pay ₦‎70,000 - Inuwa Yahaya by TableLeg(m): 3:48pm On Jul 31
But you can buy several 100m or 150m car?
You can blow billions on vanity projects or senseless endeavours?
Ashiere.
Re: Paying ₦‎30,000 Was A Struggle, I Cannot Pay ₦‎70,000 - Inuwa Yahaya by MomohMrMoore: 3:49pm On Jul 31
These are states that does not need to exist. It is not viable and should be scrapped. Imagine asking for more money and rice from FG. The state does not have land? Cant make money for itself? Asking rice from FG that does not have land.
We should go back to regional government and true federalism. Each region to manage its resources. A state like Gombe, like every other states, should be giving to FG from what it has produced instead of FG giving Gombe state.
Re: Paying ₦‎30,000 Was A Struggle, I Cannot Pay ₦‎70,000 - Inuwa Yahaya by 2mininuP: 3:50pm On Jul 31
This is one of the state that serious protest is needed. Imagine what he's splitting, check very his children will be schooling abroad and he can't deny not stealing massively from his state

2 Likes

Re: Paying ₦‎30,000 Was A Struggle, I Cannot Pay ₦‎70,000 - Inuwa Yahaya by Energist: 3:50pm On Jul 31
ifytrik:
I don't understand what this people mean by we can not pay 70 thousand naira minimum wage, is it that the institution managed by this workers are unproductive or what? If yes then why run an institution that is not productive? Just for employment sake? The main reason people choose private school over government school today is not because their are no learned teachers in government schools, as a matter of fact their are more qualified teachers in government schools than private, the problem is this government schools just like any other government institution in the country are not properly managed, most government school teachers only attend classes once or twice in a week, same with headmasters and principals, who will punish the teachers for not attending classes? It the principal that's also at home? Or the Education ministry workers that are also at home? The problem of Nigeria is nobody is ready to carry out his duty, majority of the so-called workers that are clamouring for minimum wage increase are not doing their work.
To solve this problems once and forever, any political office holder that is underperforming should be voted out, any voter that collect bribe before casting his or her vote should be giving one hundred strokes of cain, any institution that is not productive should be scrapped and workers that are not performing their duties properly should be laid of.

Oga, calm down, do you expect teachers and health workers or nominal civil servants to generate revenue?

The governor might have a point. But he needs to be transparent with the earnings of the state vs the number of workforce
Re: Paying ₦‎30,000 Was A Struggle, I Cannot Pay ₦‎70,000 - Inuwa Yahaya by DeShineShine(m): 3:51pm On Jul 31
Some of these governors are funny. You struggled to pay N30,000 when PMB was in power and still struggling to pay N30,000 now that PBAT is in power. Where are you keeping extra allocation you have been receiving since PBAT came to power?

Some of you people are "impossicant".
Re: Paying ₦‎30,000 Was A Struggle, I Cannot Pay ₦‎70,000 - Inuwa Yahaya by Solsix(m): 3:53pm On Jul 31
PJtech:
Make e step down for someone that can pay. No long talk

pls anyone to help me with 1k to buy food today

Hope u no follow vote in APC
Re: Paying ₦‎30,000 Was A Struggle, I Cannot Pay ₦‎70,000 - Inuwa Yahaya by chiboycue: 3:53pm On Jul 31
chisomkachy:

The Governor of Gombe State should think of how to generate revenue for the state internally and sustainably instead of depending on federal allocations and palliatives from the Federal Government. He should find out what the Governor of Lagos is doing to pay his workers so that he can replicate it in his State. What is he doing with his security votes? If the Governor cannot pay his workers the new minimum wage, he should honorably resign

1 Like

Re: Paying ₦‎30,000 Was A Struggle, I Cannot Pay ₦‎70,000 - Inuwa Yahaya by maasoap(m): 3:54pm On Jul 31
He said President Tinubu had no choice but to announce the subsidy removal, as the National Assembly was not inaugurated at the time of his swearing-in and there was no provision for petrol subsidy in the 2023 budget beyond June.
Lol. See lie! Buhari is their fall guy. As if the rest of us are illiterates and ignorant. Buhari's subsidy covered month of June but Tinubu removed subsidy on May 29th. No be madness be dat.
If Tinubu had waited till June ending, the new national assembly came in with him the same May 29th or 30th, wouldn't he have included subsidy in the supplementary budget he sent to them? Liar!
This thief is now collecting times 2 of what his state was receiving before, yet he's still crying. The same crying and wailing that won't prevent him from stealing billions of naira at the of the day.
Re: Paying ₦‎30,000 Was A Struggle, I Cannot Pay ₦‎70,000 - Inuwa Yahaya by deji17: 3:55pm On Jul 31
Some of these Governors are lazy mentally
Can't these guys come up with a way to increase their IGR, so that they can afford to pay minimum wage?
Re: Paying ₦‎30,000 Was A Struggle, I Cannot Pay ₦‎70,000 - Inuwa Yahaya by SmartPolician: 3:57pm On Jul 31
Beremx:
It's left for the civil servants in Gombe state to fight for their right. They should call their governor to order and make him pay a reasonable amount.

Fight for what? Most civil servants are unproductive people who give nothing to society. We are not ready to have that conversation yet.
Re: Paying ₦‎30,000 Was A Struggle, I Cannot Pay ₦‎70,000 - Inuwa Yahaya by Jamahyel(m): 3:58pm On Jul 31
mrcrabs:
brooooooooooooo this is 2024 and a state in Nigeria cannot pay 70k minimum wage haaaaaaa omo

who do us for this country? bikonu
not up to 100 dollars oh Per month. Other countries pay more than 50 dollars per day.
Re: Paying ₦‎30,000 Was A Struggle, I Cannot Pay ₦‎70,000 - Inuwa Yahaya by Lamasta(m): 3:59pm On Jul 31
Na your papa money Mr Governor if you cannot pay then leave and allow a better brain to handle the economic resources of Gombe State.
Re: Paying ₦‎30,000 Was A Struggle, I Cannot Pay ₦‎70,000 - Inuwa Yahaya by PJtech: 4:00pm On Jul 31
Solsix:

Hope u no follow vote in APC

😪😪😭😭
Re: Paying ₦‎30,000 Was A Struggle, I Cannot Pay ₦‎70,000 - Inuwa Yahaya by Bluntemperor: 4:00pm On Jul 31
Chinjo2:
Then quietly resign and let those who can get the job done take over.
It's as simple as ABC.

You have sense,bro!
Let this Governor resign now and all the Funds he received from:
1•the Palliatives NBillions from Federal Govt received since August 2023.
2•quarterly (every 4- months Money) being received from the Federation Accounts - he should tell Nigerians,by Accounts - how much he has received since he became a Governor.
3.the NBillions Money Under the State Budgets as Revenues.
4.The NBillions received - as Chief Security Officer of the States - he should Publish it for the Masses to see it and tell us what he has used the Money for and let us see ,if he can't pay because this governor - is trying to persuade others in his Region,to do likewise.
Very Shameful,as they don't have Emphaty for the Masses, especially the Youths.
Re: Paying ₦‎30,000 Was A Struggle, I Cannot Pay ₦‎70,000 - Inuwa Yahaya by Kokomaster69: 4:03pm On Jul 31
You can't pay 70k minimum monthly wage but can loot billions from the state treasury abi

1 Like

Re: Paying ₦‎30,000 Was A Struggle, I Cannot Pay ₦‎70,000 - Inuwa Yahaya by discusant: 4:03pm On Jul 31
But often times, Gombe state receives more federal allocations than some oil producing states in the southeast. A FRAUDULENT federal structure with FRAUDULENT allocations systems and fraudulent Quota System. Results of the fraudulent political system is resulting to a political quagmire.
Re: Paying ₦‎30,000 Was A Struggle, I Cannot Pay ₦‎70,000 - Inuwa Yahaya by maasoap(m): 4:06pm On Jul 31
LegendHero:
Lol, before, the governors were shielded from the insult and only Tinubu took the blame of minimum wage.

Now that FG will start paying it, the governor will start receiving their own barrage of insults coz e sure me say 40% of the states won’t be able to pay that 70k.

I am even surprised Gombe is paying 30k, Abia can only muster 18k so Gombe still senior one state.

Lol. Like their successive governors including the incumbent no dey steal billions grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Paying ₦‎30,000 Was A Struggle, I Cannot Pay ₦‎70,000 - Inuwa Yahaya by Kukutente23: 4:10pm On Jul 31
ShoeGetSize:

It's called minimum wage not uniform wage. Edo for example was paying 40k when FG was paying 30k. Same Edo and Lagos have been paying 70k since early this year. It is a baseline for poverty index in a country which is pegged at average of $2 a day spending.
Get yourself properly enlightened.
Re: Paying ₦‎30,000 Was A Struggle, I Cannot Pay ₦‎70,000 - Inuwa Yahaya by Love800(m): 4:10pm On Jul 31
Whats the difference between these two?
Mmadu111:
what happened to the State IGR? Or the state solely exist to share only FAAC benefits?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Man Who Participated In June 12 Annulment Protest Now Limps (Photos) / Primaries: Governor Offered Oshiomhole $500,000 Bribe In Cash - The Nation / Edo Election: Ize-Iyamu Campaigns In Ekosodin (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.