Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,369 members, 7,943,921 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 08:12 AM

Paying ₦‎30,000 Was A Struggle, I Cannot Pay ₦‎70,000 - Inuwa Yahaya - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Paying ₦‎30,000 Was A Struggle, I Cannot Pay ₦‎70,000 - Inuwa Yahaya (32421 Views)

You Cannot Pay Your Gateman Or Driver Below N70,000 - Senate President / Seyi Makinde: I Cannot Pay 30,000 New Minimum Wage / New Minimum Wage: Why States Cannot Pay N30,000 – Gov Umahi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Paying ₦‎30,000 Was A Struggle, I Cannot Pay ₦‎70,000 - Inuwa Yahaya by Elidrisy20: 7:54pm On Jul 31
Don't worry, make 1st August reach
Re: Paying ₦‎30,000 Was A Struggle, I Cannot Pay ₦‎70,000 - Inuwa Yahaya by Akaujaa(m): 8:01pm On Jul 31
Then resign and make way for some who can think outside the box on what to do to generate revenue. Lazy man!
Re: Paying ₦‎30,000 Was A Struggle, I Cannot Pay ₦‎70,000 - Inuwa Yahaya by PROPHETmichael: 8:01pm On Jul 31
Increasing the minimum wage was never the solution because the root of the problem began when fuel prices increased. We all know that Nigeria's economy is driven by the cost of petroleum products.

Even if they raise the minimum wage to N200,000, it won't change anything as long as petroleum prices remain high.

Moreover, let's forget about the fact that majority of the governors/states won't be able to pay the new minimum wage. Which of the iya basiras will be able to pay her staff N70,000? For that to happen, a plate of jollof would have to cost N15,000 per plate.

The real solution lies in addressing the high cost of petroleum products, as this has a ripple effect on the entire economy. Reducing fuel prices would lower the cost of goods and services, making it more feasible for businesses to pay higher wages and for the economy to stabilize.
Re: Paying ₦‎30,000 Was A Struggle, I Cannot Pay ₦‎70,000 - Inuwa Yahaya by gold360(m): 8:02pm On Jul 31
Its simple . If you cannot pay . Resign let someone who can . Take over .
No be by force to be governor
Re: Paying ₦‎30,000 Was A Struggle, I Cannot Pay ₦‎70,000 - Inuwa Yahaya by Bandirao(m): 8:05pm On Jul 31
Gadafii:
majority of abia people don't depend on minimum wage, they are mostly traders and business men and women, unlike gombe..

There are more poor and jobless people in gombe than abia shey you know?
No this is not the case come to gombe and see your people hustling I am even surprised to see an igbo man doing okada in gombe, and contrary to what you expect most people in gombe are farmers and traders gombe is an economic hub of North East and most peacefull state free from bandits, herdsmen and now boko haram wahala
Re: Paying ₦‎30,000 Was A Struggle, I Cannot Pay ₦‎70,000 - Inuwa Yahaya by Bandirao(m): 8:08pm On Jul 31
Our governors are sometimes more heartless and cruel than federal government but we keep looking the wrong way all government levels in nigeria are very heartless so let's start the change from the grassroot
Re: Paying ₦‎30,000 Was A Struggle, I Cannot Pay ₦‎70,000 - Inuwa Yahaya by GenFunction: 8:11pm On Jul 31
Exactly why we want to protest sir,1st of August na the date eh...u no go fit to come my party make una no shayo, shayo
Re: Paying ₦‎30,000 Was A Struggle, I Cannot Pay ₦‎70,000 - Inuwa Yahaya by PonDonCras(m): 8:21pm On Jul 31
ifytrik:
I don't understand what this people mean by we can not pay 70 thousand naira minimum wage, is it that the institution managed by this workers are unproductive or what? If yes then why run an institution that is not productive? Just for employment sake? The main reason people choose private school over government school today is not because their are no learned teachers in government schools, as a matter of fact their are more qualified teachers in government schools than private, the problem is, this government schools just like any other government institution in the country are not properly managed, most government school teachers only attend classes once or twice in a week, same with headmasters and principals, who will punish the teachers for not attending classes? Is it the principal that's also at home? Or the Education ministry workers that are also at home? The problem of Nigeria is nobody is ready to carry out his duty, majority of the so-called workers that are clamouring for minimum wage increase are not doing their work.
To solve this problems once and forever, any political office holder that is underperforming should be voted out, any voter that collect bribe before casting his or her vote should be giving one hundred strokes of cain, any institution that is not productive should be scrapped and workers that are not performing their duties properly should be laid of.
Re: Paying ₦‎30,000 Was A Struggle, I Cannot Pay ₦‎70,000 - Inuwa Yahaya by Love800(m): 8:40pm On Jul 31
Nice.
I understand.
Obiedun:
Good. Reduce the prices of essential commondities. Create jobs, stop insecurities etc. You can add your own
Re: Paying ₦‎30,000 Was A Struggle, I Cannot Pay ₦‎70,000 - Inuwa Yahaya by ayorwizz(m): 8:53pm On Jul 31
Gadafii:
majority of abia people don't depend on minimum wage, they are mostly traders and business men and women, unlike gombe..

There are more poor and jobless people in gombe than abia shey you know?

Foolish talk. Does minimum wage has anything to do with people's productivity?

Try dey read sometimes na
Re: Paying ₦‎30,000 Was A Struggle, I Cannot Pay ₦‎70,000 - Inuwa Yahaya by shoboy9: 8:56pm On Jul 31
chisomkachy:

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/nnorth-east/718823-gombe-cant-pay-n70000-minimum-wage-governor-yahaya.html

RESIGN NOW! No need for long stori. After using 90% of budget for runs girls, sorry capital projects, now be forming can't pay? Abegi
Re: Paying ₦‎30,000 Was A Struggle, I Cannot Pay ₦‎70,000 - Inuwa Yahaya by strangest(m): 8:58pm On Jul 31
Solsix:

Hope u no follow vote in APC

Yes he did…. No mind da bascard

Re: Paying ₦‎30,000 Was A Struggle, I Cannot Pay ₦‎70,000 - Inuwa Yahaya by Mrexcell(m): 1:18am On Aug 01
The governor should resign if he can't pay rubbish
Re: Paying ₦‎30,000 Was A Struggle, I Cannot Pay ₦‎70,000 - Inuwa Yahaya by Pat081: 4:18am On Aug 01
Sone governor are heartless so they do not want workers developedment
Re: Paying ₦‎30,000 Was A Struggle, I Cannot Pay ₦‎70,000 - Inuwa Yahaya by GeeTeeFree(m): 5:20am On Aug 01
Oga siddon for your chair, carry pen and paper. Write say you don resign. If you nor fit do am you resign haba
Re: Paying ₦‎30,000 Was A Struggle, I Cannot Pay ₦‎70,000 - Inuwa Yahaya by Marc3500: 5:01pm On Aug 01
Wtf 😳 God go punish this mf angry
Re: Paying ₦‎30,000 Was A Struggle, I Cannot Pay ₦‎70,000 - Inuwa Yahaya by Solsix(m): 1:20am On Aug 02
strangest:

Yes he did…. No mind da bascard
Congratulations to him then

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

President Buhari With Abike Dabiri-Erewa (Photos) / Halima Sheriff And Ronnie Dankabo Wedding Photos / Buhari Launches Pension Plan For Self-employed Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.