Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,179,872 members, 7,909,268 topics. Date: Friday, 02 August 2024 at 09:24 PM

Arik Suspension Threatens 200,000 Barrels Of Crude From Chevron - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Arik Suspension Threatens 200,000 Barrels Of Crude From Chevron (17767 Views)

Heineken Lokpobiri: FG Unaware Dangote Imports Crude From US / Two Edo Refineries Receive Crude From Oza Oil Field / NNPC To Supply 300,000 Barrels Of Crude To Dangote Refinery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Arik Suspension Threatens 200,000 Barrels Of Crude From Chevron by bizzibodi(m): 1:23pm On Aug 01
GreyWolf01:
This is mischievous misinformation.

Rigs are automated. Once set up and running, crude extraction never stops.

So what is this crap that Arik will affect crude extraction or that extraction is daily?

Are these people just so stvpid? Or you'll think readers are f.lish?

Ahahn? Make una dey get sense o.

If you want Arik to be reinstated, don't try to gaslight us with childish misinformation.
So automation does not required human presence?receive grey matter in IJN!
Re: Arik Suspension Threatens 200,000 Barrels Of Crude From Chevron by ThebestPromise: 1:25pm On Aug 01
This is a blatant lie. Chevron have moved from airlifting their staff to using passenger boat for over 3 years now. If not until recent when the entrance gate of Chevron was blocked in Warri which reverted them back to airlifting via Osubi, it has always been Marine transportation. Kindly note that the issue has been resolved and Chevron is back to full marine transportation. Chevron uses 3 massive passenger boats to move their workers from Warri to Escravos.

The Bristol Helicopters Ltd is the supporting arrangement to cover the offshore operations.

Our journalists should always follow up or confirm information instead of relying on sponsored junk news.

3 Likes

Re: Arik Suspension Threatens 200,000 Barrels Of Crude From Chevron by Zainabwhitemone: 1:29pm On Aug 01
The school boys.
Re: Arik Suspension Threatens 200,000 Barrels Of Crude From Chevron by dallyemmy: 1:33pm On Aug 01
I think it is better you ask question if you don't understand how something works.
GreyWolf01:

So what is this crap that Arik will affect crude extraction or that extraction is daily?

If you want Arik to be reinstated, don't try to gaslight us with childish misinformation.

1 Like

Re: Arik Suspension Threatens 200,000 Barrels Of Crude From Chevron by frog12: 1:39pm On Aug 01
how is this a blackmail? don't you know before the minister makes a decision like this, he has to consider the implications and come to some sort of agreement with the airline? keyamo no be lawyer? no wonder the country is where it is grin

integrity16:
They should just stop this black mail abeg, so it's only Arik has the capacity to airlift 🔰🔰 Chevron 's team? Caverton Helicopters nko amongst others nko?

Mr. CEO! Go and pay your gbese and stop disturbing us.
Re: Arik Suspension Threatens 200,000 Barrels Of Crude From Chevron by Elidrisy20: 1:41pm On Aug 01
Chevron don't worry e soon reach una side
Re: Arik Suspension Threatens 200,000 Barrels Of Crude From Chevron by meobizy(f): 1:51pm On Aug 01
Chicken change compared to how much the country generates on the daily. It doesn’t affect the average man at the end of the day, I wouldn’t waste any emotion.
Re: Arik Suspension Threatens 200,000 Barrels Of Crude From Chevron by caye(m): 2:05pm On Aug 01
DarkCaesar:
Salewa97 who is also sewa osewa, May you encounter pains and sorrow that money can’t solve unless there is no God. You will never be truly happy regardless of whatever money you have in this life

Relax.
Don't be so...so emotionalgrin!

Salewa97 is... HELINUES!
Re: Arik Suspension Threatens 200,000 Barrels Of Crude From Chevron by helinues: 2:06pm On Aug 01
caye:

Relax.

Salewa97 is... HELINUES!

Oya pass me the liquor make we all get high together

grin
Re: Arik Suspension Threatens 200,000 Barrels Of Crude From Chevron by BaddestQueen(f): 2:07pm On Aug 01
helinues:

Oya pass me the liquor make we all get high together

grin
Toh I don't support tinubu initially ooo
I'm just chasing nairaland clout with him
oma se oo
shatap
Re: Arik Suspension Threatens 200,000 Barrels Of Crude From Chevron by Curious346: 2:10pm On Aug 01
chrisxxx:

For your information I don't troll for Tinubu or support APC. I have only stood against your people hatred for Ikwerre people transferred to Wike.
😲😲😲😂😂
Re: Arik Suspension Threatens 200,000 Barrels Of Crude From Chevron by vengertime: 2:12pm On Aug 01
Nigeria has been sold since we didn't know
Re: Arik Suspension Threatens 200,000 Barrels Of Crude From Chevron by Burshh: 2:19pm On Aug 01
Get another airline.
Re: Arik Suspension Threatens 200,000 Barrels Of Crude From Chevron by Burshh: 2:20pm On Aug 01
ThebestPromise:
This is a blatant lie. Chevron have moved from airlifting their staff to using passenger boat for over 3 years now. If not until recent when the entrance gate of Chevron was blocked in Warri which reverted them back to airlifting via Osubi, it has always been Marine transportation. Kindly note that the issue has been resolved and Chevron is back to full marine transportation. Chevron uses 3 massive passenger boats to move their workers from Warri to Escravos.

The Bristol Helicopters Ltd is the supporting arrangement to cover the offshore operations.

Our journalists should always follow up or confirm information instead of relying on sponsored junk news.

Thanks for bringing facts and truth to bare.
Re: Arik Suspension Threatens 200,000 Barrels Of Crude From Chevron by ruggedtimi(m): 2:20pm On Aug 01
Who the extraction help
Re: Arik Suspension Threatens 200,000 Barrels Of Crude From Chevron by MrPOTUS: 2:32pm On Aug 01
Curious346:
Hnmmm.

I have archived over 700 nairaland handles that work as trolls for APC and tnubu .

I noticed that they have been silent so far . Including confusedlady and chrisxxx.

I don't know why the corrupt and nonvocal few ,imagine that they could override the majority

Leave those bas.tards

I only blame people quoting them, giving them the attention they badly crave.
Re: Arik Suspension Threatens 200,000 Barrels Of Crude From Chevron by DarkCaesar(m): 2:39pm On Aug 01
caye:

Relax.

Salewa97 is... HELINUES!
Whoever behind that moniker will encounter sorrow in his/her moment of happiness
Re: Arik Suspension Threatens 200,000 Barrels Of Crude From Chevron by princejayy(m): 3:00pm On Aug 01
ThebestPromise:

Confidence in half truths. Lol.
Re: Arik Suspension Threatens 200,000 Barrels Of Crude From Chevron by sulaak(m): 3:01pm On Aug 01
EyeCumInPiss:
God abeg deliver your people from this disastrous plague called éBola.

What has Ebola got to do with Chevron's incompetence?

If they have a single point of failure that relies on a failed airline, they should have replaced. Chevron has been in Nigeria for over 50 years.

1 Like

Re: Arik Suspension Threatens 200,000 Barrels Of Crude From Chevron by Melbrom(m): 3:10pm On Aug 01
GreyWolf01:

In a bid to sound smart you sound very foolish. Have you worked in chevron facility before? The facility are automated does not mean that people don't overlook the operation and not everything is 100% automated. Arik fly personnels working in chevron from warri-Lagos almost everyday. Do you think the people working in chevron facilities does nothing since you claim the operation is automated?

1 Like

Re: Arik Suspension Threatens 200,000 Barrels Of Crude From Chevron by integrity16(m): 3:13pm On Aug 01
frog12:
how is this a blackmail? don't you know before the minister makes a decision like this, he has to consider the implications and come to some sort of agreement with the airline? keyamo no be lawyer? no wonder the country is where it is grin

You and I don't know what had transpired before the Minister decided to ground their operations. Just like you said Keyamo is a lawyer, I believe he must have had several discussions with them before coming up with this decision.

I insist this is pure blackmail from the airline, it is wrong to say that grounding Arik's operations would affect a whole cheverons operations. Arik is not the only airline in the country, there are several others that can do what Arik is doing for 🔰 🔰 Cheveron.

Arik just want to be sensational because they know the government is trying to ramp up oil production to meet local refinery's demands.
Re: Arik Suspension Threatens 200,000 Barrels Of Crude From Chevron by Melbrom(m): 3:13pm On Aug 01
NothingDoMe:
It is accurate to state that Arik currently serves as the carrier for Chevron.

However, it is not true that there is production loss today because Arik was grounded.

Chevron should adopt another carrier for its operations. What it needs is the Dash-8, and I don't believe Arik is the only freight company with that aircraft model.
And how soon do you think that can be done? You think you can just wake up and adopt another aircraft? Do you know the process and paper work required to do that especially in a country like Nigeria? It will take months if not years. You don't just wake up and change an entire operation in a facility like chevron
Re: Arik Suspension Threatens 200,000 Barrels Of Crude From Chevron by BondRiv: 3:14pm On Aug 01
They will fuel their cars with protest. After that, eat protest since they are hungry.
Re: Arik Suspension Threatens 200,000 Barrels Of Crude From Chevron by IMMUNO1(m): 3:17pm On Aug 01
Arik should clear the debt or at least, sign an MoU with Atlas Petroleum on how to pay them. $2.5m is not a small money. Wicked men running other people's businesses down through deliberate debts.
Re: Arik Suspension Threatens 200,000 Barrels Of Crude From Chevron by NothingDoMe: 3:22pm On Aug 01
Melbrom:
And how soon do you think that can be done? You think you can just wake up and adopt another aircraft? Do you know the process and paper work required to do that especially in a country like Nigeria? It will take months if not years. You don't just wake up and change an entire operation in a facility like chevron
Not as long as you might think. We have succession planning issues in Nigeria.

You should start engagement with the new airline to take over before the contract with the current one expires. This will ensure a seamless transition.
Re: Arik Suspension Threatens 200,000 Barrels Of Crude From Chevron by frog12: 3:24pm On Aug 01
go and read the article again. it says lifting oil not staff grin grin grin

ThebestPromise:

Re: Arik Suspension Threatens 200,000 Barrels Of Crude From Chevron by Melbrom(m): 3:26pm On Aug 01
integrity16:

You and I don't know what had transpired before the Minister decided to ground their operations. Just like you said Keyamo is a lawyer, I believe he must have had several discussions with them before coming up with this decision.

I insist this is pure blackmail from the airline, it is wrong to say that grounding Arik's operations would affect a whole cheverons operations. Arik is not the only airline in the country, there are several others that can do what Arik is doing for 🔰 🔰 Cheveron.

Arik just want to be sensational because they know the government is trying to ramp up oil production to meet local refinery's demands.

when I say most of you sound ignorant in the name of making sense. Have you been in any chevron facility before? If you have, you would know that there is always a process. Just to bring in tools for work you have to go through a tough process of much paper work talk more of changing the airline carrying your workers. You think aircraft is Okada or taxi that you can change anyhow? Secondly, the workers in chevron usually work in shifts. If the airline carry them is been grounded, where will the workers come from? If una non know process and procedures of something make una shut up
Re: Arik Suspension Threatens 200,000 Barrels Of Crude From Chevron by frog12: 3:26pm On Aug 01
court decision over 2.5 million dollars debt owe to one oil man

integrity16:

Re: Arik Suspension Threatens 200,000 Barrels Of Crude From Chevron by Melbrom(m): 3:31pm On Aug 01
NothingDoMe:
Not as long as you might think. We have succession planning issues in Nigeria.

You should start engagement with the new airline to take over before the contract with the current one expires. This will ensure a seamless transition.
What if the contract runs for 50years. Should they start looking for new aircraft now as succession? Chevron ain't a Nigeria company though
Re: Arik Suspension Threatens 200,000 Barrels Of Crude From Chevron by NothingDoMe: 3:35pm On Aug 01
Melbrom:
What if the contract runs for 50years. Should they start looking for new aircraft now as succession? Chevron ain't a Nigeria company though
Lol. The contract doesn't run for 50 years. Besides you may terminate a contract when one party doesn't fulfill their contractual obligations.

Arik already had issues with its operations in Chevron before it was grounded by the Minister of Aviation.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Patrick Leahy, US Senator Calls Nigerian Soldiers ‘rapists’ / Yoruba Youth Group To Buy Presidential Form For Atiku / APC Lied! I Am Still In PDP — Gulak

Viewing this topic: ZN2 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.