Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,562 members, 7,944,683 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 09:45 PM

Pandemonium In Borno As Immigration Officer Shoots Himself During Protest - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pandemonium In Borno As Immigration Officer Shoots Himself During Protest (53341 Views)

Violence Erupts In Ibadan As Immigration Officers, DSS Assault Journalists / APC Senator, Ndume, Booed In Borno As The People Shout 'PDP Power!' (Video) / Babandede Retires As Immigration CG, Idris Isah Jere Now Acting CG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pandemonium In Borno As Immigration Officer Shoots Himself During Protest by ALLNIGERIANSMAD(m): 11:36am On Aug 02
Realtord43:
Tragic
how is that tragic?
Re: Pandemonium In Borno As Immigration Officer Shoots Himself During Protest by LucemFerre: 11:37am On Aug 02
Treasure17:
Immigration officer to disperse the crowd? Nawa o.

Road safety and VIO go soon join
You never see
Re: Pandemonium In Borno As Immigration Officer Shoots Himself During Protest by killuminati(m): 11:39am On Aug 02
Wetin immigration officer dey find for protest ground? E for dey boarder dey patrol.
Re: Pandemonium In Borno As Immigration Officer Shoots Himself During Protest by mignone(f): 11:41am On Aug 02
3 time kwa embarassed
Leg abi foot abi feet don spoil be that o sad
Re: Pandemonium In Borno As Immigration Officer Shoots Himself During Protest by AngelicBeing: 11:57am On Aug 02
alsudan:
Check how he was recruited into the NIS, then you'll understand how that can happen.
Gbamsulotely

1 Like

Re: Pandemonium In Borno As Immigration Officer Shoots Himself During Protest by Originalsly: 12:03pm On Aug 02
Treasure17:

Immigration officer to disperse the crowd? Nawa o.

It's a pity we can see Immigration Officer involved in crowd control as weird... but we see as normal soldiers stopping and questioning and arresting civilians. Immigration ... like Police ... is a law enforcement agency.... the military is not. We really got it twisted.

@ topic ... one has to think real hard to figure out how is it possible for one to accidentally shoot himself in the foot three times. He did that on purpose.
Re: Pandemonium In Borno As Immigration Officer Shoots Himself During Protest by Akhimien78(m): 12:06pm On Aug 02
AlexBells:
That’s friendly misfire, it happens sometimes. I hope he heals fast to resume his duty to the nation.

No it doesn't happen sometimes, it's carelessness. Always put your weapon on safe until you intend to destroy something, I'm military and there's no such thing as Accidental discharge. Weapon on safe at all times
Re: Pandemonium In Borno As Immigration Officer Shoots Himself During Protest by Blackdisciple(m): 12:10pm On Aug 02
What a tragic event, was he not thought not to place his finger on the trigger except if he wants to fire a shot...
Re: Pandemonium In Borno As Immigration Officer Shoots Himself During Protest by Free2Fly: 12:15pm On Aug 02
Godfullsam:

This your hatred no get part 2 o undecided!

The name of the officer was not disclosed, what of he is from your region?

Look at this one! You think some of us do stupid and blind tribal solidarity like some yorubas are doing for T!efnubu

It doesn't matter where a Nigerian security officer comes from as long he's still working for the useless, insensitive Nigerian government and oppressing and killing innocent Nigerians on her behalf.
Re: Pandemonium In Borno As Immigration Officer Shoots Himself During Protest by AlexBells(m): 12:28pm On Aug 02
Akhimien78:

No it doesn't happen sometimes, it's carelessness. Always put your weapon on safe until you intend to destroy something, I'm military and there's no such thing as Accidental discharge. Weapon on safe at all times
The protest ground was already volatile. It takes high level of discipline to be in control in such situation. Anything can happen. Carelessness is a factor yes but don’t rule out disorientation.
Re: Pandemonium In Borno As Immigration Officer Shoots Himself During Protest by Solseal007: 12:33pm On Aug 02
Lol,!!!

This one don collect em own minimum wage !!
40k bag of rice for that gallant officer
Re: Pandemonium In Borno As Immigration Officer Shoots Himself During Protest by Bobbiee: 12:36pm On Aug 02
Trigger happy cop couldn't wait to taste blood. Doesn't matter whose blood it is
Re: Pandemonium In Borno As Immigration Officer Shoots Himself During Protest by arantess: 12:42pm On Aug 02
Re: Pandemonium In Borno As Immigration Officer Shoots Himself During Protest by arantess: 12:43pm On Aug 02
Godfullsam:

This your hatred no get part 2 o undecided!

The name of the officer was not disclosed, what of he is from your region?
regionnaire

who cares any region he comes from, bigot
Re: Pandemonium In Borno As Immigration Officer Shoots Himself During Protest by erico2k2(m): 1:07pm On Aug 02
Re: Pandemonium In Borno As Immigration Officer Shoots Himself During Protest by vandertommy: 1:08pm On Aug 02
The guy wan commot body for protest 😅
Re: Pandemonium In Borno As Immigration Officer Shoots Himself During Protest by Franzinni: 1:08pm On Aug 02
Every time I see a large crowd I always imagine the fact that every head in that crowd has an idea that can be useful for the world of they get the opportunity to explore their potential
Re: Pandemonium In Borno As Immigration Officer Shoots Himself During Protest by GIFTEDPLANNERS(m): 1:16pm On Aug 02
What on earth will the govt give such anot order for a man that is meant to be at his duty post to go after protesters. Next they will send fire service men to go and join the force on protest covering
Re: Pandemonium In Borno As Immigration Officer Shoots Himself During Protest by Spidermon: 1:21pm On Aug 02
alsudan:
Check how he was recruited into the NIS, then you'll understand how that can happen.

3 shots. E likely say hospital go collect the leg las las
Re: Pandemonium In Borno As Immigration Officer Shoots Himself During Protest by Onucs(m): 1:41pm On Aug 02
MasterJayJay:
I have never touched a gun. But from movies, you can put safety on till you are ready to fire.

Do these clowns undergo any training at all?

They do but the problem is their guns are outdated and have been welded by local welders multiple times. So even the safety mode is not safetying anything grin
Re: Pandemonium In Borno As Immigration Officer Shoots Himself During Protest by Akhimien78(m): 1:47pm On Aug 02
AlexBells:
The protest ground was already volatile. It takes high level of discipline to be in control in such situation. Anything can happen. Carelessness is a factor yes but don’t rule out disorientation.

I understand your point but if protest ground is considered volatile, what would combat situation be? And even in combat your weapon is always on safe. It takes 1 sec to switch from safe to semi or auto and believe me you I'm speaking from experience he's careless and should be punished when he gets out of the hospital
Re: Pandemonium In Borno As Immigration Officer Shoots Himself During Protest by Barteze: 1:59pm On Aug 02
alsudan:
My brother I wonder how someone will mistakenly shot himself three times at a time.
Re: Pandemonium In Borno As Immigration Officer Shoots Himself During Protest by lesbiconverter: 2:33pm On Aug 02
Always keep the safety on.
Some mad person can snatch the gun and use it on him
Re: Pandemonium In Borno As Immigration Officer Shoots Himself During Protest by Jaqenhghar: 2:42pm On Aug 02
So when him shoot himself the 1st time, why him no comot leg?
Re: Pandemonium In Borno As Immigration Officer Shoots Himself During Protest by nedekid: 3:37pm On Aug 02
How do you shoot yourself not 1ce but 3ce on the foot?
Abi was it in auto and gave a 3 shot burst? No foot will remain in that case assuming it was done with an ak.
Re: Pandemonium In Borno As Immigration Officer Shoots Himself During Protest by IJEYdiamond(f): 4:17pm On Aug 02
This happened in Kenya.... Sadly the officer no get hands again
Re: Pandemonium In Borno As Immigration Officer Shoots Himself During Protest by AlexBells(m): 4:31pm On Aug 02
Akhimien78:

I understand your point but if protest ground is considered volatile, what would combat situation be? And even in combat your weapon is always on safe. It takes 1 sec to switch from safe to semi or auto and believe me you I'm speaking from experience he's careless and should be punished when he gets out of the hospital
While it may seem like combat situations is more volatile, depending on the combat scenario, things are more stable. Mob action is different from war. I would simply recommend thorough investigation into his employment and earlier conduct.

If he has been clean, he should have some support and possibly some trauma therapy. Violence can have varying result on individuals. If we take humanity away from every service then we expect soldiers or any discipline at all to be perfect in most cases we are all deeply flawed.
Re: Pandemonium In Borno As Immigration Officer Shoots Himself During Protest by Akhimien78(m): 4:54pm On Aug 02
AlexBells:

While it may seem like combat situations is more volatile, depending on the combat scenario, things are more stable. Mob action is different from war. I would simply recommend thorough investigation into his employment and earlier conduct.

If he has been clean, he should have some support and possibly some trauma therapy. Violence can have varying result on individuals. If we take humanity away from every service then we expect soldiers or any discipline at all to be perfect in most cases we are all deeply flawed.

Understandable, but regardless of the situation his weapon should have been on safe what if he mistakenly shot someone and killed them anyways it's all good. In our line of work there's no such thing as a mistake or accidental discharge. You weapon will always remain on safe except you intend to destroy something

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Okonjo-iweala Exposes What States Got From Excess Crude Account / Why Islamic Scholars Are Silent On Boko Haram, By Governor Kashim Shettima / My Peter Obi: My 2 Sons Don't Have A Car, They Don't Have Money To Buy One

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.