Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,562 members, 7,944,683 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 09:45 PM

Pandemonium In Borno As Immigration Officer Shoots Himself During Protest - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pandemonium In Borno As Immigration Officer Shoots Himself During Protest (53341 Views)

Violence Erupts In Ibadan As Immigration Officers, DSS Assault Journalists / APC Senator, Ndume, Booed In Borno As The People Shout 'PDP Power!' (Video) / Babandede Retires As Immigration CG, Idris Isah Jere Now Acting CG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pandemonium In Borno As Immigration Officer Shoots Himself During Protest by AlexBells(m): 5:07pm On Aug 02
Akhimien78:

Understandable, but regardless of the situation his weapon should have been on safe what if he mistakenly shot someone and killed them anyways it's all good. In our line of work there's no such thing as a mistake or accidental discharge. You weapon will always remain on safe except you intend to destroy something
I hope you know that emigration is different from the military, while immigration bears arm they are not same kind of people with the military. They are trained differently and they work in a more serene environment. Deploying them in protest ground was at first an error but given the situation everyone is deployed because of broader conflict.

Now We are looking at what should be done and what could actually happen. It is a bad practice to have your finger in the trigger while not being engaged understood, safe mode is a standard practice but we are still saying disorientation is a thing, trauma is a thing, if you rule out these completely it is unprofessional.

What is scary is having an immigration officers whose firearm are mostly for decoration in protest ground, there’s error with everything in the country.
Re: Pandemonium In Borno As Immigration Officer Shoots Himself During Protest by Akhimien78(m): 7:46pm On Aug 02
AlexBells:

I hope you know that emigration is different from the military, while immigration bears arm they are not same kind of people with the military. They are trained differently and they work in a more serene environment. Deploying them in protest ground was at first an error but given the situation everyone is deployed because of broader conflict.

Now We are looking at what should be done and what could actually happen. It is a bad practice to have your finger in the trigger while not being engaged understood, safe mode is a standard practice but we are still saying disorientation is a thing, trauma is a thing, if you rule out these completely it is unprofessional.

What is scary is having an immigration officers whose firearm are mostly for decoration in protest ground, there’s error with everything in the country.

Honestly speaking you're looking for an excuse to justify his recklessness, for clarification suppose he is an armed immigration officer who is trained for that purpose. If he has PTSD he would have done something worst and need are not discussing about his mental health we are talking about how reckless he was please stop making excuses like i said I'm military
Re: Pandemonium In Borno As Immigration Officer Shoots Himself During Protest by AlexBells(m): 7:59pm On Aug 02
Akhimien78:

Honestly speaking you're looking for an excuse to justify his recklessness, for clarification suppose he is an armed immigration officer who is trained for that purpose. If he has PTSD he would have done something worst and need are not discussing about his mental health we are talking about how reckless he was please stop making excuses like i said I'm military
If you are in the military does it mean you understand everything. How can you tell what exactly pstd would make someone do. I don’t know him but I can assure you that I have trained in varying fields of the armed forces not just the military to understand that training fails in the face of some circumstances. I’m a politician and in the past years trained in diverse segment of the armed forces even in guerrilla situation.

I can assure you that your knowledge of firearms is limited when human psychology is brought into perspective. What do you understand about weapons effect. What do you think about it. What do you think about disorientation, what do you think about ptsd. These are all factors with diverse impact from mild to severe symptoms. I don’t even know what branch of the military you are in so it is not as simple as firearms know how.

I’m not trying to dismiss his act of carelessness but you can’t rule out human factor entirely.
Re: Pandemonium In Borno As Immigration Officer Shoots Himself During Protest by Dpopsman123(m): 8:15pm On Aug 02
What's friendly here... Na self re-fire be that.

He has to go on an involuntary leave be that.
You can send him some milk and wine.

Too bad.
Re: Pandemonium In Borno As Immigration Officer Shoots Himself During Protest by colizee(m): 12:19am On Aug 03
If they can accidentally shoot themselves, who you be wey no go accidentally collect.
Re: Pandemonium In Borno As Immigration Officer Shoots Himself During Protest by Diamondvono: 6:50am On Aug 03
👇👇👇
If you want to be making ₦10k+ to ₦20k+ every day, or ₦100k+ every week, or ₦500k+ every month from Newly Launched Investment Platforms & Task Performing Sites, just with your SMART-PHONE. Chat me up on wtsp 07072783956
Re: Pandemonium In Borno As Immigration Officer Shoots Himself During Protest by kelly72: 8:39am On Aug 03
Bringing a corked gun into a crowd of peaceful protesters is criminal. He should have put one of those 3 shots in his chest.
Re: Pandemonium In Borno As Immigration Officer Shoots Himself During Protest by Everydaylove: 11:05am On Aug 03
Who cares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Islamic Scholars Are Silent On Boko Haram, By Governor Kashim Shettima / My Peter Obi: My 2 Sons Don't Have A Car, They Don't Have Money To Buy One / Titi Abubakar Speaks Igbo Language As She Campaigns For Her Husband. See Re

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.