Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,118 members, 7,973,760 topics. Date: Sunday, 13 October 2024 at 05:43 AM

Hunger Protest: Price Of Perishable Foodstuff Crashes In Lagos - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hunger Protest: Price Of Perishable Foodstuff Crashes In Lagos (51432 Views)

Hunger Protest Begins In Niger State (Pictures) / Hunger Protest: Nigerian Man Seen Protesting Alone In Wuse 2, Abuja (Video) / Hunger Protest Spotted In Wuse, Abuja - Shehu Sani (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hunger Protest: Price Of Perishable Foodstuff Crashes In Lagos by Johnson5258: 11:58pm On Aug 02
Prices has reduced not crashed, I was in the local market around my area today and there is #500 reduction in the price of some items like pepper, groundnut and palm oil, fishes and so on. It might be more cheaper in the major market like Mile 12 and so on.
Re: Hunger Protest: Price Of Perishable Foodstuff Crashes In Lagos by okoroemeka(m): 12:00am On Aug 03
sleek214:
It will go up again after the strikes
more than up,it will zoom up

1 Like

Re: Hunger Protest: Price Of Perishable Foodstuff Crashes In Lagos by ceejay80s(m): 2:14am On Aug 03
dre11:

https://guardian.ng/news/protest-price-of-perishable-foodstuff-crashes-in-lagos/
It's a lie. I bought tomato yesterday and it was still expensive
Re: Hunger Protest: Price Of Perishable Foodstuff Crashes In Lagos by CaptainFM1: 2:26am On Aug 03
I think we should continue this protest for the whole of August......Prices of perishable food stuffs already crashing. I'm waiting for my 33 and Goldberg to crash to #350 that I use to buy them few years ago.
Re: Hunger Protest: Price Of Perishable Foodstuff Crashes In Lagos by Minjim: 3:44am On Aug 03
These are propaganda and lies.

I nothing has changed in our local markets

1 Like

Re: Hunger Protest: Price Of Perishable Foodstuff Crashes In Lagos by NewDea4: 5:03am On Aug 03
MasterJayJay:
50%? So a 50kg bag of rice is around 40k?

Propaganda statistics.

They are useless people. But not their fault per se, na seun wey make them mods so they can push their stupid agenda and launder tinubu's image

It's time to look elsewhere for breaking news, which was about the only thing nairaland remained useful for. Another casualty of tinubu's leprous touch, that's what this website has become
Re: Hunger Protest: Price Of Perishable Foodstuff Crashes In Lagos by Osanoghodua1: 5:11am On Aug 03
Agborian propaganda, during protest, prices must go up due to high demand and low supply, why the reverse? Liars.
Re: Hunger Protest: Price Of Perishable Foodstuff Crashes In Lagos by HRMK: 5:15am On Aug 03
that is obvious anyway. they either sell or suffer double loss!
Re: Hunger Protest: Price Of Perishable Foodstuff Crashes In Lagos by jerryklopp: 5:18am On Aug 03
Fake news by Tinubu News Agency. No price of food crashed.

1 Like

Re: Hunger Protest: Price Of Perishable Foodstuff Crashes In Lagos by Papasland21: 5:53am On Aug 03
Is rice perishable goods ? Go back to school.
MasterJayJay:
50%? So a 50kg bag of rice is around 40k?

Propaganda statistics.
Re: Hunger Protest: Price Of Perishable Foodstuff Crashes In Lagos by Horus(m): 6:10am On Aug 03
Propaganda. The corrupt government think that you will stop protesting if you believe that perishable food prices have crashed
Re: Hunger Protest: Price Of Perishable Foodstuff Crashes In Lagos by Rhassidy360: 6:23am On Aug 03
Make una just reduce fuel price 250/300 first everything go drop

1 Like

Re: Hunger Protest: Price Of Perishable Foodstuff Crashes In Lagos by olabodejinad: 6:45am On Aug 03
Bakers really have it tough during this time, everything has doubled or tripled price. Ranging from equipment to raw materials. I wanted to buy one small industrial mixer which normally goes for 250k, the best price I can get online is 400k

1 Like

Re: Hunger Protest: Price Of Perishable Foodstuff Crashes In Lagos by damkin24(m): 7:21am On Aug 03
sleek214:
It will go up again after the strikes
That's your prayer bitter and confused soul.
Re: Hunger Protest: Price Of Perishable Foodstuff Crashes In Lagos by BreconHills(m): 7:22am On Aug 03
MasterJayJay:

Remove rice, replace am with egg. Price of egg don fall by 50%?

You are flailing.

Perishables refer to tomatoes, pepper, plantain, vegetables etc in their various forms. They are perishable because they have the lowest post harvest shelf lives ( unless you process them in which case they become something quite different). Eggs are good for weeks in cool temperatures. Perishables have days.
Re: Hunger Protest: Price Of Perishable Foodstuff Crashes In Lagos by BreconHills(m): 7:24am On Aug 03
Ikaeniyan0:
If Tinubu agreed to the massive importation of some of this foodstuffs we consume, price would have falling a long time ago. He was so adamant on not importing even though a lot of Nigerians are struggling.

You will import with naira ba?
Re: Hunger Protest: Price Of Perishable Foodstuff Crashes In Lagos by GenFunction: 7:53am On Aug 03
These sellers sef no dae try gabadaya,always overpricing their goods...well,the system is corrupt.
Re: Hunger Protest: Price Of Perishable Foodstuff Crashes In Lagos by fineberry(m): 7:56am On Aug 03
Ikaeniyan0:
If Tinubu agreed to the massive importation of some of this foodstuffs we consume, price would have falling a long time ago. He was so adamant on not importing even though a lot of Nigerians are struggling.
Na mad man na, what was his deluded voters thinking b4 voting him,
was he even voted
.. Asif he had any plan on ground, useless ruler
Re: Hunger Protest: Price Of Perishable Foodstuff Crashes In Lagos by Diligence: 8:11am On Aug 03
APC's Propaganda! Mendacity

Non-existent N40k 50kg bag of rice, abi?

Audio CD nii!

Let's explain this to the DAFTEST: if it's perishable, it means if there are 10 days of protesting & I no sell am cheaper price, DAT means I fit lose altogether...

Perishable as in tomatoes, etc... no be for garri, beans, rice, milk, etc. Dig it? Malfeasance at its peak!
Re: Hunger Protest: Price Of Perishable Foodstuff Crashes In Lagos by ibabz(m): 8:24am On Aug 03
Imagine there is a law that says only those that voted Balablu just suffer the consequences of their foolishness (the balablu economy) and only those who protested should enjoy the benefits of their actions...Just imagine how reasonable people would be before making any decision.
Re: Hunger Protest: Price Of Perishable Foodstuff Crashes In Lagos by regenerateman(m): 8:42am On Aug 03
Ikaeniyan0:

I don't buy the idea of importing foodstuff from other countries to Nigeria. The issue is that food is not scare in the country. I have not seen where people queue to buy foodstuffs. When there's fuel scarcity, you will see long queue of vehicles lining up to buy fuel. The problem is that the economy is very very bad. Our naira value has been eroded by the bad economic policies of the government. People don't have jobs and the few that are working can't afford essential things of life bc of the value of naira. By the time you import, the value of naira will worsen. Look at this scenario, our political class, president, govs, minister, senators and minister will never complaint that they slept last night with empty stomachs. It's bc they can afford to buy foodstuffs. The issue is that of affordability and not scarcity. If you import food, people will still not have money to buy. The FG should bring in economy policies that will bring money to the pockets of the people.
Re: Hunger Protest: Price Of Perishable Foodstuff Crashes In Lagos by Omookunnimi(m): 9:47am On Aug 03
[quote author=MasterJayJay post=131291089]50%? So a 50kg bag of rice is around 40k?

Propaganda statistics.[/quote

This is what you get when you are too lazy to read only to jump to comment. Where from the write up did you see they mentioned 50kg bag of rice being sold for #40k.?
Re: Hunger Protest: Price Of Perishable Foodstuff Crashes In Lagos by Emeka71(m): 10:55am On Aug 03
MasterJayJay:

Remove rice, replace am with egg. Price of egg don fall by 50%?
How much.
Re: Hunger Protest: Price Of Perishable Foodstuff Crashes In Lagos by FellaGrein(m): 12:15pm On Aug 03

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Don't Blackmail The Judges, Losers Should Accept Defeat - Mary Odili / Photos Of Rescued Girls, Women From Sambisa Forest By The Nigerian Military / Uche Secondus Thanks God At Altar After Taking Over As PDP Chairman In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.