Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,204,029 members, 7,987,677 topics. Date: Monday, 28 October 2024 at 02:24 PM

How Animals Practice Tribalism - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Animals Practice Tribalism (104 Views)

How Animals ‘ate’ ₦17bn On Buhari’s Watch / Bishop Kukah: Buhari Has Promoted Tribalism, Religion In Military, Others / Why Is Jimi Agbaje Always Playing The Politics Of Tribalism In Lagos? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Animals Practice Tribalism by Starzzy: 4:37pm On Aug 02
I have studied a bit of sociology of animals, I am not an expert in that field, but armed with a keen sense of observation, and having the privilege of watching over 200 documentaries on animals, I can make some assumptions. Backed by science.

Researchers believe that tribalism may have evolved in animals, and that clustered resources may drive tribalism by favoring sociality that allows individuals to cooperatively defend or attack a location.

For example, social animals like Buffalo and Gelada Baboons may live in large communities with low-nutritive resources, but with limited coordination between them.

In contrast, clustered resources may favor a more social behavior that allows individuals to cooperate to defend or attack a location. This cooperation is tribalism, and the gains from such cooperation is distributed in ways to sustain the system that ensures that each would be able to cooperate when needed for next attacks.

Because the sustainability of the system rests on inclusivity, efforts are made to ensure no one is left out.

In other social animals such as the Flamingo colonies, a temporary tribalism exists for the benefits of all. Among Zebra herds a temporary tribal association is formed to graze together and also provide the numbers needed to achieve safety.

Elephants have a permanent arrangement that lasts for life and they're the best example of that Maxian axiom from each according to his ability and to each according to his need. They stand up for one another in thick and thin.

But you.....?

Your elites fly the tribal flag when they need your support and discard you faster than a blink.

And it gets interesting because after being used for years, it enters into your DNA, such that their children use you and your children.

And even when they do not need you, you present yourself as a doormat to be trampled on at will and be used whenever the need arises. You hate on their behalf because they don't see themselves doing such dirty stuff.

You even engage in battles on their behalf without their knowledge or approval. If you've had opportunity to be around your so called elites when they discuss about you, you'd be ashamed of what you've made out of your life.

Yet the food budget of your family and entire extended family is not up to that of one of their dogs.

Their pregnant dogs receive better anti-natal care more than your women.

And why not?

Where you live is not suitable for their dogs.

I am not ranting.

I am not angry.

Kelechi Deca

(1) (Reply)

Shun Violence, Obi Pleads With #endbadgovernanceinnigeria Protesters / Hon. Onu Ukpai 165 Constituents Into One Year Free Medical Care / Kaduna Hunger Protest: Family Of Victim Of Stray Bullet Seeks Govt Compensation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.