Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,204,039 members, 7,987,703 topics. Date: Monday, 28 October 2024 at 02:57 PM

"Wake Up, Southeast Nigeria: Silence Isn't Golden When The Country Is Sinking" - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / "Wake Up, Southeast Nigeria: Silence Isn't Golden When The Country Is Sinking" (1855 Views)

Chrisland Breaks Silence On Sex Scandal, 5 Pupils Misbehaved In Dubai / Isn't This Too Much For A Nursery 1 Pupil?(picture Attached) / The Sinking Of The Titanic- They Lied, It Wasn't The Iceberg (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Wake Up, Southeast Nigeria: Silence Isn't Golden When The Country Is Sinking" by Laspotect247(m): 10:28pm On Aug 02
Wake Up, Southeast Nigeria: Silence Isn't Golden When the Country is Sinking

Since the protests began, I've been down in Southeast Nigeria, working and keeping a close eye on the deafening silence from the region.

During a chat with one of the traders, he nonchalantly remarked that the rising cost of commodities didn't bother him—he simply sold at the price he bought. I didn't find that comment amusing at all; it was like watching someone proudly declare they had no idea how basic economics worked. So, I threw in a curveball: "Can you compare the level of patronage?" He went silent, probably regretting his earlier confidence.

Our country is like a sinking ship, and it's going to take all hands on deck to keep it afloat. Whether we like it or not, we're all under the same Nigerian umbrella, and any policy made affects each of us. Demanding a better Nigeria is a cause that excludes no one.

Hats off to those in the Southwest, South, and North who are protesting. Many of them voted for Tinubu, and I'm glad they're now willing to hold him accountable instead of blindly cheering his useless policies.

But to my friends in the Southeast: now is not the time to stay silent. Even if the average South Easterner dreams of Biafra, the leaders representing this region have sold out, making the APC more popular here than anywhere else in the South. In their power quest, Southeast leaders are flocking to the APC en masse.

I urge everyone, regardless of tribe, language, or religion, to come out and demand a better Nigeria. There's a lot at stake.

-omobabaijebu
Re: "Wake Up, Southeast Nigeria: Silence Isn't Golden When The Country Is Sinking" by zeuss: 10:44pm On Aug 02
They shouted for all to hear and understand for over a month that they will not be a part of any protest.

U love them so much yet u looked the other way when for 10 years APC has been marginalizing them and calling them name......u need to have ur head looked at.

52 Likes 5 Shares

Re: "Wake Up, Southeast Nigeria: Silence Isn't Golden When The Country Is Sinking" by TerrouMuda: 10:47pm On Aug 02
We are building bridges.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Wake Up, Southeast Nigeria: Silence Isn't Golden When The Country Is Sinking" by Akenzua01: 11:23pm On Aug 02
€wedu man, to cry blood na wetin remain for you, mumu.

We no send una papa, bunch of Saboteurs.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Wake Up, Southeast Nigeria: Silence Isn't Golden When The Country Is Sinking" by SpacehubTech: 11:40pm On Aug 02
cheesy dey play
Re: "Wake Up, Southeast Nigeria: Silence Isn't Golden When The Country Is Sinking" by gentleman82: 12:13am On Aug 03
Idiots looking keenly for Igbo blood to suck. Nigerian civil war took us by mistake never again

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Wake Up, Southeast Nigeria: Silence Isn't Golden When The Country Is Sinking" by mii4u(f): 3:45am On Aug 03
Laspotect247:

Since the protests began, I've been down in Southeast Nigeria, working and keeping a close eye on the deafening silence from the region.

During a chat with one of the traders, he nonchalantly remarked that the rising cost of commodities didn't bother him—he simply sold at the price he bought. I didn't find that comment amusing at all; it was like watching someone proudly declare they had no idea how basic economics worked. So, I threw in a curveball: "Can you compare the level of patronage?" He went silent, probably regretting his earlier confidence.

Our country is like a sinking ship, and it's going to take all hands on deck to keep it afloat. Whether we like it or not, we're all under the same Nigerian umbrella, and any policy made affects each of us. Demanding a better Nigeria is a cause that excludes no one.

Hats off to those in the Southwest, South, and North who are protesting. Many of them voted for Tinubu, and I'm glad they're now willing to hold him accountable instead of blindly cheering his useless policies.

But to my friends in the Southeast: now is not the time to stay silent. Even if the average South Easterner dreams of Biafra, the leaders representing this region have sold out, making the APC more popular here than anywhere else in the South. In their power quest, Southeast leaders are flocking to the APC en masse.

I urge everyone, regardless of tribe, language, or religion, to come out and demand a better Nigeria. There's a lot at stake.

-omobabaijebu
Wat is the problem with the south east not protesting, as if there protest will turn anything positive for the south easterners.

The south westerners and the northerners have bin the ones calling the shots in nig, so if anything goes wrong they should be accountable and not the the igbos.

An igbo man can never be president, but an igbo man must risk his life to make Nigeria work.

Wen is time for leadership, an igbo man is a 3rd class citizen in nig but wen it's time for protest to make the same nig work, an igbo man is expected to be at the forefront. Ndi ara

43 Likes 6 Shares

Re: "Wake Up, Southeast Nigeria: Silence Isn't Golden When The Country Is Sinking" by HussenAdul: 4:03am On Aug 03
As e de pain them....
Them warn us during election but we no hear.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Wake Up, Southeast Nigeria: Silence Isn't Golden When The Country Is Sinking" by Seunpapa65: 4:07am On Aug 03
U go cry blood go and protest alone

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Wake Up, Southeast Nigeria: Silence Isn't Golden When The Country Is Sinking" by Freestainworld(m): 4:41am On Aug 03
It's better for the country to sink, so that during election, everybody go get sense.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Wake Up, Southeast Nigeria: Silence Isn't Golden When The Country Is Sinking" by condensedmilk: 4:59am On Aug 03
Laspotect247:

-omobabaijebu

Ogogoro talk.

7 Likes

Re: "Wake Up, Southeast Nigeria: Silence Isn't Golden When The Country Is Sinking" by NwaliE01: 5:09am On Aug 03
Laspotect247:

-omobabaijebu

Your point was so clear. One thing you should also understand is that Igbos were targeted on this protest especially in Lagos where war drums against the Igbos have been loudest since the emergence of this government.
The end Sars protest was used against the Igbos despite all tribes, dukes and sundry participated in that match against police brutality.
The Igbos warned against this government, but other regions felt it's "emilokon" by fire by force which was prominent in Lagos as well.
This government as well instead of addressing National issues at hand did not do justice to the Igbos as the presidential spokesperson wanted to turn the "hunger protest" to "tribal war."
This is same reason he kept finding ways to rope PO and any perceived opposition to be behind the protest.
Sincerely, the Igbos have sacrificed enough blood for this Country since inception and that's why it seemed their hearts is hardened now than ever before.
Please, anyone, region, religion, tribe, or group that feel dissatisfied about this government have all the rights to protest and if others feel otherwise admist the glaring issues, it's absolutely their choice.
Atleast, no one would say that Igbos destroyed their homes, businesses, or region in this protest.
#protest wisely!

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Wake Up, Southeast Nigeria: Silence Isn't Golden When The Country Is Sinking" by Gadafii: 5:54am On Aug 03
The protested, shouted, warned that Muslim Muslim ticket, tinubu or anyone from aoc at all will drag Nigeria further backward than Buhari did, but y'all said you will teach them lessons, mocked them, threatened them etc now you want them to join you to protest against what they warned you about in 2023

Secondly "lagosian," threatened they don't want igbos to protest in South West as they will use it as cover to "burn Lagos", the igbos are wiser

We all know it was yoruba youth that burnt the obas palace, oyingbo brt terminal, etc even Seyi law tweeted In support of that destruction but an imaginary chinedus were blamed for it🤣🤣🤣

You must continue to teach the igbos lesson while the administration favour you and your family, if it doesn't favor you and your family, you and your family should be the one to protest

7 Likes

Re: "Wake Up, Southeast Nigeria: Silence Isn't Golden When The Country Is Sinking" by YoungBlackRico(m): 6:14am On Aug 03
Laspotect247:

-omobabaijebu
What exactly is the color of your problem?

2 Likes

Re: "Wake Up, Southeast Nigeria: Silence Isn't Golden When The Country Is Sinking" by Faber(m): 6:44am On Aug 03
We have no sea ports
We have no viable international airport
We have no refinery
We have no standard railways
We have no key Federal government infrastructure in our region...

Na una dey enjoy the dividends and good things in Nigeria... Na suffer we dey from day 1

Now e don reach una turn to suffer small, una want make we help una come protest. Monkey go dey labor baboon go dey chop...

Abeg make una gat out

8 Likes

Re: "Wake Up, Southeast Nigeria: Silence Isn't Golden When The Country Is Sinking" by oglalasioux(m): 7:15am On Aug 03
Are you still pained that you don’t have the Igbos to blame for your failures? If you’ve been smuggled into Igboland to start a protest just know we’ll smoke you out.

No Igbo man will protest. Hug a transformer.

4 Likes

Re: "Wake Up, Southeast Nigeria: Silence Isn't Golden When The Country Is Sinking" by Chidibe212(f): 8:40am On Aug 03
Laspotect247:

-omobabaijebu

"Hats off to those in the Southwest, South, and North who are protesting. Many of them voted for Tinubu, and I'm glad they're now willing to hold him accountable instead of blindly cheering his useless policies"

But we warned you people that Tinubu's government will be worse than Buhari during the 2023 Election but many of you still went ahead to vote for Tinubu like you said using religion and tribe. Nigeria should have gone beyond religion and tribe by now but you people still want to dwell in it. So if the person that will turn Nigeria to be the best country globally comes out as a candidate to drive Nigeria to a better place is an igbo man, but you people said Igbos can never rule Nigeria. Osibanjo is way better than Tinubu and would have taken this country far to a better situation but you people tagged him ice cream boy. 2027 is another window. If you people like, continue with the same religion and tribal games and vote in the some that is glaringly incompetent. In a time of inevitable accident or danger, Americans will say "Brace for impact" and I hope you know what that means. Easterners have braced for impact till 2027 to see who you people will clamour to vote for again. Mind you, hunger is everywhere including the East, but we have braced for impact the moment Tinubu was declared President of Nigeria.

We warned in 2023 but you choose your monster that you people voted for. Enjoy the monster you voted. Sensible Nigerian's that didn't vote for Tinubu has braced for impact.

"Brace for impact" KNOWING that you will fall down and prepare your body towards the damage effect ahead of the fall is better than NOT KNOWING AT ALL. If you still don't get it then forget it

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Wake Up, Southeast Nigeria: Silence Isn't Golden When The Country Is Sinking" by Belurved1(m): 9:02am On Aug 03
Its like the OP don't know the current situation in SE. They've declared their intention already, I beg leave dem out this, they cant actualize their dream with protest.

1 Like

Re: "Wake Up, Southeast Nigeria: Silence Isn't Golden When The Country Is Sinking" by whirlwind7(m): 9:09am On Aug 03
Laspotect247:

-omobabaijebu

Fvck off and get lost.
Eat shìt while you're at it.

1 Like

Re: "Wake Up, Southeast Nigeria: Silence Isn't Golden When The Country Is Sinking" by emperor4love(m): 9:13am On Aug 03
Who be this werey way write this up,ur broda will deliver we Nigerians

2 Likes

Re: "Wake Up, Southeast Nigeria: Silence Isn't Golden When The Country Is Sinking" by Nwaokunkpara: 9:21am On Aug 03
Laspotect247:

-omobabaijebu

Does it seem to you that anybody from the east sees himself or herself as a Nigerian?

Let the country burn shebi you people are the real patriots

3 Likes

Re: "Wake Up, Southeast Nigeria: Silence Isn't Golden When The Country Is Sinking" by DesChyko: 9:39am On Aug 03
That's just one geopolitical zone out of six. Provided the majority are airing their views, that's all that mattered.

After all, they're just a dot in a circle and never matter in the grand scheme of things.

This has been the belief for ages, right?

4 Likes

Re: "Wake Up, Southeast Nigeria: Silence Isn't Golden When The Country Is Sinking" by Minjim: 9:43am On Aug 03
Silence is also a form of protest according to my sister.

Tomorrow, they'll say we should support an Igbo man to be president.
The North too is hypothetical.

All thru the misrule of Buhari they didn't see any reason to protest. They bottled up their anger. Now, they're releasing it

1 Like

Re: "Wake Up, Southeast Nigeria: Silence Isn't Golden When The Country Is Sinking" by Emmabyte: 10:09am On Aug 03
Na today you know say the country is Sinking. mumu OP good morning

1 Like

Re: "Wake Up, Southeast Nigeria: Silence Isn't Golden When The Country Is Sinking" by OriginalZombiE: 10:18am On Aug 03
Minjim:
Silence is also a form of protest according to my sister.

Tomorrow, they'll say we should support an Igbo man to be president.
The North too is hypothetical.

All thru the misrule of Buhari they didn't see any reason to protest. They bottled up their anger. Now, they're releasing it

But if they protest now, you'll say they're destroying lives and property.
I think the igbo apathy is warranted.
I don't blame them, it's a losing game, so they decided to opt out.

3 Likes

Re: "Wake Up, Southeast Nigeria: Silence Isn't Golden When The Country Is Sinking" by FRANCISTOWN: 10:32am On Aug 03
Laspotect247:

-omobabaijebu
I don't know why you are bothering yourself over some irrelevant miscreants. They were never a part of Nigeria. They are not even noticed.

1 Like

Re: "Wake Up, Southeast Nigeria: Silence Isn't Golden When The Country Is Sinking" by Earthscience: 11:57am On Aug 03
Chidibe212:

"Hats off to those in the Southwest, South, and North who are protesting. Many of them voted for Tinubu, and I'm glad they're now willing to hold him accountable instead of blindly cheering his useless policies"

But we warned you people that Tinubu's government will be worse than Buhari during the 2023 Election but many of you still went ahead to vote for Tinubu like you said using religion and tribe. Nigeria should have gone beyond religion and tribe by now but you people still want to dwell in it. So if the person that will turn Nigeria to be the best country globally comes out as a candidate to drive Nigeria to a better place is an igbo man, but you people said Igbos can never rule Nigeria. Osibanjo is way better than Tinubu and would have taken this country far to a better situation but you people tagged him ice cream boy. 2027 is another window. If you people like, continue with the same religion and tribal games and vote in the some that is glaringly incompetent. In a time of inevitable accident or danger, Americans will say "Brace for impact" and I hope you know what that means. Easterners have braced for impact till 2027 to see who you people will clamour to vote for again. Mind you, hunger is everywhere including the East, but we have braced for impact the moment Tinubu was declared President of Nigeria.

We warned in 2023 but you choose your monster that you people voted for. Enjoy the monster you voted. Sensible Nigerian's that didn't vote for Tinubu has braced for impact.

"Brace for impact" KNOWING that you will fall down and prepare your body towards the damage effect ahead of the fall is better than NOT KNOWING AT ALL. If you still don't get it then forget it

Absolutely nothing but the truth

1 Like

Re: "Wake Up, Southeast Nigeria: Silence Isn't Golden When The Country Is Sinking" by Chibuezem(m): 12:18pm On Aug 03
Laspotect247:

-omobabaijebu
This post won't spur patriotism amongst a tribe that has been vilified since the Civil War. Whether this country burns or grows is dependent on the North and West as for igbos, we've understood that we are the escape goat in moments like this so we've decided to be passive in the struggle for a better Nigeria. We are with you in prayers.

2 Likes

Re: "Wake Up, Southeast Nigeria: Silence Isn't Golden When The Country Is Sinking" by Chibuezem(m): 12:19pm On Aug 03
mii4u:

Wat is the problem with the south east not protesting, as if there protest will turn anything positive for the south easterners.

The south westerners and the northerners have bin the ones calling the shots in nig, so if anything goes wrong they should be accountable and not the the igbos.

An igbo man can never be president, but an igbo man must risk his life to make Nigeria work.

Wen is time for leadership, an igbo man is a 3rd class citizen in nig but wen it's time for protest to make the same nig work, an igbo man is expected to be at the forefront. Ndi ara
Don't mind them.... Let them continue...
Re: "Wake Up, Southeast Nigeria: Silence Isn't Golden When The Country Is Sinking" by pode(m): 12:23pm On Aug 03
I don't think, this is best format to the problems on ground, the southeastern are not doing themselves any good over this whole brouhaha which is going on. what is going on right now, is a common enemy to everyone in this nation, so they better come out and join the fight for betterment of the nation

(1) (2) (Reply)

Unbelievable! Is This The Usual Way People Board Trains In Mumbai, India? / Unijos Postgraduate Intended / Unilag M.i.t

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.