Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,196,466 members, 7,961,436 topics. Date: Sunday, 29 September 2024 at 04:49 AM

"Wake Up, Southeast Nigeria: Silence Isn't Golden When The Country Is Sinking" - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / "Wake Up, Southeast Nigeria: Silence Isn't Golden When The Country Is Sinking" (1821 Views)

Chrisland Breaks Silence On Sex Scandal, 5 Pupils Misbehaved In Dubai / Isn't This Too Much For A Nursery 1 Pupil?(picture Attached) / The Sinking Of The Titanic- They Lied, It Wasn't The Iceberg (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Wake Up, Southeast Nigeria: Silence Isn't Golden When The Country Is Sinking" by Landmack: 1:00pm On Aug 03
Thûnder fire u.
To the southeast pple the protest is even irritating because yall were warned not to vote this guy.

Indeed the protesters are idiõts according to Shettima

1 Like

Re: "Wake Up, Southeast Nigeria: Silence Isn't Golden When The Country Is Sinking" by skyman200(m): 3:17pm On Aug 03
Even if Nigeria is sinking Igbos will never protest,we don't care.

1 Like

Re: "Wake Up, Southeast Nigeria: Silence Isn't Golden When The Country Is Sinking" by mankan2k7(m): 3:35pm On Aug 03
This is the reason why they cant get d number 1 position in Nigeria.
Re: "Wake Up, Southeast Nigeria: Silence Isn't Golden When The Country Is Sinking" by engrchykae(m): 7:02pm On Aug 03
Laspotect247:
Wake Up, Southeast Nigeria: Silence Isn't Golden When the Country is Sinking

Since the protests began, I've been down in Southeast Nigeria, working and keeping a close eye on the deafening silence from the region.

During a chat with one of the traders, he nonchalantly remarked that the rising cost of commodities didn't bother him—he simply sold at the price he bought. I didn't find that comment amusing at all; it was like watching someone proudly declare they had no idea how basic economics worked. So, I threw in a curveball: "Can you compare the level of patronage?" He went silent, probably regretting his earlier confidence.

Our country is like a sinking ship, and it's going to take all hands on deck to keep it afloat. Whether we like it or not, we're all under the same Nigerian umbrella, and any policy made affects each of us. Demanding a better Nigeria is a cause that excludes no one.

Hats off to those in the Southwest, South, and North who are protesting. Many of them voted for Tinubu, and I'm glad they're now willing to hold him accountable instead of blindly cheering his useless policies.

But to my friends in the Southeast: now is not the time to stay silent. Even if the average South Easterner dreams of Biafra, the leaders representing this region have sold out, making the APC more popular here than anywhere else in the South. In their power quest, Southeast leaders are flocking to the APC en masse.

I urge everyone, regardless of tribe, language, or religion, to come out and demand a better Nigeria. There's a lot at stake.

-omobabaijebu
in your mind,you are smart.
Typical Yoruba looking for who to negotiate away.
Igbos are not part of your problem and protests.
Since 2021 we have been protesting with sit at home for more than 3 years now
Did other Nigerians join us?
We have come to terms that we are not Nigerians as Nigeria have been teaching us since independence.
We are majorly traders,we don't care about the soaring prices,WE WILL SIMPLY ANNOUNCE THE NEW PRICES TO NIGERIANS.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please Need Materials For My Project In Statistics / Unical Mba (lagos Centre)- I'm Very Much Interested In It / Free Advice For Overseas Potential Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.