Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,185,178 members, 7,925,687 topics. Date: Monday, 19 August 2024 at 08:18 PM

Hire A Research Writer Vs Using Ai For Your Thesis - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Hire A Research Writer Vs Using Ai For Your Thesis (67 Views)

How You Can Identify If A Write-up Was Generated Using AI / Do You Need An Academic Research Writer? Here Is A Trusted One In Nigeria. / How To Convert A Seminar Topic Into A Research Project Topic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Hire A Research Writer Vs Using Ai For Your Thesis by emmanueln2023: 1:41am On Aug 08
With the proliferation of AI, most academic research is now driven by Chat GPT, Bard, Bing, Meta, etc. So, "Is it time to dump your research writer?"

My thoughts about hiring a Research Writer (aka Research Assistant):

Hiring the services of a research writer has been a practice for certain categories of students. These include very busy executives, working-class students, nursing mothers, politicians, people with some learning challenges, those who find it difficult to meet the demands of continuous writing, people who cannot deal with and those who have sought extensions repeatedly.

Depending on the research writer you engage, formidable research-based relationships can be formed and this could translate into; shared experiences, shared knowledge, collaborative interventions, effective project management, a balanced view of the work and other key learnings. In the end, you get to deliver high-quality work, get good grades and leverage such relationships in future studies.

The challenge you might have occurs when you do not conduct due diligence or you decide to be ‘penny wise’ grin, so you engage someone who does nothing other than copy and paste, use Ai, develop poor write-up and leave you hanging midway through the work.

My review on the use of AI for your research:

The other option is to use the new Sheriff in town, Ai Tools! With these tools, you can issue a command to these tools which are based on Large Language Models (LLMs) or Natural Language Processing (NLP) to write a paragraph, section or chapter of your research work.

Within minutes or seconds, your content is generated; I can imagine the smile on your face when you take the content, paste it on an AI Humanizer platform and bingo, you feel good to submit. This is good, fast, efficient and super but “there is a but” wink.

First, AI sometimes generates silly content which does not have academic backing. Ai-generated references are sometimes wrong and misleading. Some high-level AI detectors can burst the content written by AI and humanised. Also, very importantly, there are some things AI may not effectively do, i.e. Craft a Realistic Research Topic, Determine Academically Compliant Research Objectives, Develop Critical Writeup, Analyse Data, etc. unless you can train it through input and guided instructions.

However, how can you train AI through input data if you do not understand the demands of academic research?

What do you think:

By working with Prime Strategic Services Limited, I have consulted for several students in the area of postgraduate research i.e., M.Sc, MBA, DBA & PhD research but I will not tell you what I think.

I’d like you to objectively criticize the reasons I have provided for each option and share your thoughts on which option is best for academic researchers.

I’m also open to feedback from those who prefer a private conversation, you are welcome to share your thoughts via WhatsApp: +234-706-818-0074

Maybe I should motivate you further wink , the most objective response will get an ebook gift from me, “Dissertation Hack: the Secrets of Distinction”.

Now let’s hear what you think!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

How Is A Student Loan Different From A Scholarship? / Can HND NURSING Go For Master's In Same Field? / Let's Go Back To The Basis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.