Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,346 members, 7,978,106 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 07:09 PM

Does It Mean There's Something Wrong With Me Medically? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Does It Mean There's Something Wrong With Me Medically? (1611 Views)

What Does It Mean To Be A Teacher In The Uk? / Did I Do Wrong With My Attitude ? / Is Something Wrong With This Invite (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does It Mean There's Something Wrong With Me Medically? by AngelSlay: 12:46pm On Aug 08
Dear AS,

Thank you for all you do for us. I applied for one of your jobs posts and eventually passes the aptitude test, scaled through to the first interview, second interview down to the final phase of the interview.

I was called up recently to proceed for my medical. I have done the medicals but it been over 3 days since I did the medicals and they have gotten back to me, does that mean there's something wrong with me medically?
Re: Does It Mean There's Something Wrong With Me Medically? by Meerahbel: 2:53pm On Aug 08
In my own opinion, you are just worried. You can do your own independent medical to ascertain your health of in doubt.

4 Likes

Re: Does It Mean There's Something Wrong With Me Medically? by lavylilly: 5:44pm On Aug 08
Haba! It's 3 days already and they haven't gotten back to you. Kindly move on

2 Likes

Re: Does It Mean There's Something Wrong With Me Medically? by Pojomojo: 6:06pm On Aug 08
Yes obviously especially if it a fast food or pharmaceutical company.

Please 🙏 do your own medical test at a reputable lab.

Cheers!
Re: Does It Mean There's Something Wrong With Me Medically? by youngrichnigga: 12:32am On Aug 09
However it is, they'll get back to you even if you failed the medical shocked shocked shocked
Re: Does It Mean There's Something Wrong With Me Medically? by Juliearth(f): 1:57am On Aug 09
[quote author=AngelSlay post=131398056][/quote]

Stop being negative. You will be called.

2 Likes

Re: Does It Mean There's Something Wrong With Me Medically? by NwaliE01: 2:43am On Aug 09
It takes a long while. If they haven't gotten back to you, it means nothing is wrong with you.

Mine took almost 2 months before my multi national job landed.

4 Likes

Re: Does It Mean There's Something Wrong With Me Medically? by Yankee101: 2:52am On Aug 09
Have more patience
Re: Does It Mean There's Something Wrong With Me Medically? by Esthered: 9:00am On Aug 09
3 days is too short a time to anticipate feedback of it's a large organization and the recruitment exercise was for large intake of candidates.
Re: Does It Mean There's Something Wrong With Me Medically? by abba09: 10:55am On Aug 09
you get hiv
Re: Does It Mean There's Something Wrong With Me Medically? by lolu2019: 3:30pm On Aug 09
Call them to confirm.nothing is wrong with u.what make u think the people that are doing test for u are also fit medically.
Re: Does It Mean There's Something Wrong With Me Medically? by Shawarmagirl: 3:42pm On Aug 09

Be patient nothing is wrong with you. Large recruitment process takes weeks or month. Most recruitment medicals what they look out for is hapitites B and HIV status. So go and do the above test independently to know your status if you are worried.

When I was working in one of the company in Nigeria as Manager, once you have the above, I won't employer you even if you're the most qualified . That's the company policy.

3 Likes

Re: Does It Mean There's Something Wrong With Me Medically? by ProphetAmos: 5:19am On Aug 10
I understnd how you may feel about the "deafening silence"
Same happened to me just before I interned at Nestlé, other applicants have gotten their medical report, mine was not out.
I reached out to the facility and was told to wait (result will be sent to recruiter)

They detected a scar in my lungs, cos I had TB in the past, I had to do a confirmatory test which I passed and resumed at Nestlé eventually.

So, what you can do is to reach out to the facility and ask if you result is ready (try your luck by asking they send it to you) if the rep refuse, go ahead and confirm if it has been sent to recruiter.

Mind you, 3 days is not late yet depending on thr type of test conducted.

2 Likes

Re: Does It Mean There's Something Wrong With Me Medically? by lavylilly: 9:36am On Aug 10
shocked
NwaliE01:

It takes a long while. If they haven't gotten back to you, it means nothing is wrong with you.

Mine took almost 2 months before my multi national job landed.
Re: Does It Mean There's Something Wrong With Me Medically? by AngelSlay: 2:28pm On Aug 11
Shawarmagirl:

Be patient nothing is wrong with you. Large recruitment process takes weeks or month. Most recruitment medicals what they look out for is hapitites B and HIV status. So go and do the above test independently to know your status if you are worried.

When I was working in one of the company in Nigeria as Manager, once you have the above, I won't employer you even if you're the most qualified . That's the company policy.
Are you aware that you & the hospital can get sued because of the information shared with you without the consent of the applicant.
Re: Does It Mean There's Something Wrong With Me Medically? by Shawarmagirl: 5:13pm On Aug 11
AngelSlay:
Are you aware that you & the hospital can get sued because of the information shared with you without the consent of the applicant.

Like I said, is the company policy not to disclosed the medical condition of an applicant. I'm not the one that create the policy.

1 Like

Re: Does It Mean There's Something Wrong With Me Medically? by AngelSlay: 8:07pm On Aug 11
Shawarmagirl:

Like I said, is the company policy not to disclosed the medical condition of an applicant. I'm not the one that create the policy.
How did you know the person has HIV and hepatitis B?
Re: Does It Mean There's Something Wrong With Me Medically? by Shawarmagirl: 8:25pm On Aug 11
AngelSlay:
How did you know the person has HIV and hepatitis B?

Don't get me wrong. I said, company were I work and preside over, when we want to recruit new staff, we send them to the company decinated hospital to carry out their medicals. The hospital send the result of the medical directly to my office without the applicants get to see the result. In that case, any applicants with medical condition like HIV or hepatitis B will be disqualified immediately. These are killer diseases and contagious.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does It Mean There's Something Wrong With Me Medically? by Meerahbel: 1:07pm On Aug 14
shocked
Shawarmagirl:

Don't get me wrong. I said, company were I work and preside over, when we want to recruit new staff, we send them to the company decinated hospital to carry out their medicals. The hospital send the result of the medical directly to my office without the applicants get to see the result. In that case, any applicants with medical condition like HIV or hepatitis B will be disqualified immediately. These are killer diseases and contagious.
Re: Does It Mean There's Something Wrong With Me Medically? by AngelSlay: 11:45pm On Aug 17
angry
abba09:
you get hiv
Re: Does It Mean There's Something Wrong With Me Medically? by AngelSlay: 12:44pm On Sep 15
They organization did not get back.

(1) (Reply)

What Is Ecobank Test Like? / Shortlisted Candidates For Shell Graduate Training(accounting,finance And Econs) / Experienced Hire Nnpc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.