Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,425 members, 7,917,327 topics. Date: Saturday, 10 August 2024 at 11:18 PM

Reckless Driving Incident At UNILAG Leads To Tragic Accident - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Reckless Driving Incident At UNILAG Leads To Tragic Accident (19846 Views)

Tragic Accident At UNILORIN Main Gate Claims Multiple Lives (Graphics Photos) / UNILAG Leads Mass Resignation Of Lecturers Over ASUU Strike / Fire Incident At Anchor University (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reckless Driving Incident At UNILAG Leads To Tragic Accident by premierlead: 8:20am
A gory incident occurred at the University of Lagos (UNILAG) in front of the university sports center. A group of students returning from a party or club had their sedan car overturned. This incident happened in the early hours of Saturday, August 10th, 2024, following a loud, sharp sound that prompted people to rush out and see what had transpired.

A lady was seen bleeding profusely, while another man was seen with bloodstains all over his pure white shirt.

At last, an ambulance belonging to the institution was used to convey the wounded ones from the scene.

Premierlead, a reporter was able to interview the security personnel posted at the sports center and another one from the Environmental Science Faculty adjacent to the center, who seemed to have witnessed the event.

It has become common for some University of Lagos students to drive recklessly. Speeding from the main gate to the inner parts of the campus is a regular occurrence, and often, they remove the exhaust from their sports vehicles to create nuisance and unnecessary loud noise. These students often seem to have lost sight of their main purpose on campus, as their priorities appear misplaced.

To prevent future occurrences of this nature, security personnel need to tighten their efforts by stopping any vehicle suspected of reckless driving at the main gate and asking drivers with tinted windows to either remove the tint or roll down the windows. Additionally, a traffic sign indicating the speed limit should be placed near the gate.

Vehicles causing noise pollution due to exhaust removal should be stopped at the entrance before entering the campus, as they disrupt the focus of the serious students on campus.

premierlead:
reporting

3 Likes

Re: Reckless Driving Incident At UNILAG Leads To Tragic Accident by premierlead: 8:28am
More pics

1 Like

Re: Reckless Driving Incident At UNILAG Leads To Tragic Accident by spinna: 8:52am
Youthful exuberance..thank God none died. Ordinary Korope accident at ife recently hd serious casualties

19 Likes

Re: Reckless Driving Incident At UNILAG Leads To Tragic Accident by Nomerci: 3:09pm
Lexus Es fwd, and GS rwd,awd no balance. I drove my guys gs yesterday and I fired it to 120kph..oh bobs the car was feeling like it had flat tyres,was just bouncing doing left and right while in motion...omo I no tell am oh.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reckless Driving Incident At UNILAG Leads To Tragic Accident by SpaceX: 4:03pm
hope they were not on drugs? I'm asking on behalf of ndlea!

8 Likes

Re: Reckless Driving Incident At UNILAG Leads To Tragic Accident by Lebomare: 6:27pm
Quick recovery pals

2 Likes

Re: Reckless Driving Incident At UNILAG Leads To Tragic Accident by Netizen88: 6:27pm
Too bad
Re: Reckless Driving Incident At UNILAG Leads To Tragic Accident by SaidaBoj3(m): 6:28pm
Some bad occurrences are actually avoidable.

Who fit dash me 5k abeg ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™

1 Like

Re: Reckless Driving Incident At UNILAG Leads To Tragic Accident by Angelfrost(m): 6:28pm
They escaped with minor injuries... Lucky them.

Federal government should take FRSC to task for such avoidable accidents.

They need to stop issuing licenses to every Tunde, Chike, and Yakubu without proof of driving proficiency.

Over 90% of licensed drivers in Nigeria would never scale through elementary driving assessments abroad!

That's why many of you always fast and pray for "Journey Mercies" in that 3rd world nation. undecided

9 Likes

Re: Reckless Driving Incident At UNILAG Leads To Tragic Accident by chiiraq802(m): 6:29pm
Thank God no life lost.
Re: Reckless Driving Incident At UNILAG Leads To Tragic Accident by AOB1: 6:30pm
angry
Re: Reckless Driving Incident At UNILAG Leads To Tragic Accident by gabbasin(m): 6:30pm
I saw the recovery of the car this morning, and I was wondering weather the driver is high on Colorado. I know it's the case of youthful exuberance

3 Likes

Re: Reckless Driving Incident At UNILAG Leads To Tragic Accident by Creamypie(m): 6:30pm
All these kids. Wetin that babe for tell her parents

2 Likes

Re: Reckless Driving Incident At UNILAG Leads To Tragic Accident by theophorus(m): 6:31pm
Like How do you Drive at High Speed Inside Unilag and your Car tumbles? As in?

See as the Girl Fold come Humble. She does see small Death experience come Calm.
Pikin wen dem send go school no gree stay for School.

Thank God for Mercy.

11 Likes

Re: Reckless Driving Incident At UNILAG Leads To Tragic Accident by iwaeda: 6:31pm
premierlead:
A gory incident occurred at the University of Lagos (UNILAG) in front of the university sports center. A group of students returning from a party or club had their sedan car overturned. This incident happened in the early hours of Saturday, August 10th, 2024, following a loud, sharp sound that prompted people to rush out and see what had transpired.

A lady was seen bleeding profusely, while another man was seen with bloodstains all over his pure white shirt.

At last, an ambulance belonging to the institution was used to convey the wounded ones from the scene.

Premierlead, a reporter was able to interview the security personnel posted at the sports center and another one from the Environmental Science Faculty adjacent to the center, who seemed to have witnessed the event.

It has become common for some University of Lagos students to drive recklessly. Speeding from the main gate to the inner parts of the campus is a regular occurrence, and often, they remove the exhaust from their sports vehicles to create nuisance and unnecessary loud noise. These students often seem to have lost sight of their main purpose on campus, as their priorities appear misplaced.

To prevent future occurrences of this nature, security personnel need to tighten their efforts by stopping any vehicle suspected of reckless driving at the main gate and asking drivers with tinted windows to either remove the tint or roll down the windows. Additionally, a traffic sign indicating the speed limit should be placed near the gate.

Vehicles causing noise pollution due to exhaust removal should be stopped at the entrance before entering the campus, as they disrupt the focus of the serious students on campus.

The girl must have lied to her parents, she in Redemption city prayer for Heaven. Wishing them quickest recovery. cry cry cry

5 Likes

Re: Reckless Driving Incident At UNILAG Leads To Tragic Accident by Gotocourt: 6:32pm
tongue
Re: Reckless Driving Incident At UNILAG Leads To Tragic Accident by oluwatomiwa(m): 6:32pm
Why can't we obey simple speed limit in designated areas?

4 Likes

Re: Reckless Driving Incident At UNILAG Leads To Tragic Accident by Oshokhai69: 6:32pm
premierlead:

How is it a tragic accident if nobody died? ๐Ÿค”

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reckless Driving Incident At UNILAG Leads To Tragic Accident by ChizzyBuna(m): 6:32pm
Ok
Re: Reckless Driving Incident At UNILAG Leads To Tragic Accident by Ajiyobiojo: 6:35pm
Those students are lucky to be alive
Re: Reckless Driving Incident At UNILAG Leads To Tragic Accident by Bluntemperor: 6:35pm
Nomerci:
Lexus Es fwd, and GS rwd,awd no balance. I drove my guys gs yesterday and I fired it to 120kph..oh bobs the car was feeling like it had flat tyres,was just bouncing doing left and right while in motion...omo I no tell am oh.

What lessons do we gain from what you just typed?
Is It that People should follow your manners of reckless driving or what?
Toh!

8 Likes

Re: Reckless Driving Incident At UNILAG Leads To Tragic Accident by mmadu4: 6:36pm
tragic but no dead bodies. una dey craze sha

6 Likes

Re: Reckless Driving Incident At UNILAG Leads To Tragic Accident by tnerro1(m): 6:37pm
Hope her to.to was not affected
Re: Reckless Driving Incident At UNILAG Leads To Tragic Accident by Ayo25: 6:38pm
'Engrish' grin
Oshokhai69:

How is it a tragic accident if nobody died? ๐Ÿค”

1 Like

Re: Reckless Driving Incident At UNILAG Leads To Tragic Accident by uvie66: 6:39pm
[quote author=spinna post=131429523]Youthful exuberance..thank God none died. Ordinary Korope accident at ife recently hd serious casualties [/quote
.... their eye don clear, now better they knew a car is not a toy.
Re: Reckless Driving Incident At UNILAG Leads To Tragic Accident by ARISHEM: 6:43pm
I hope they have learnt their lesson
Re: Reckless Driving Incident At UNILAG Leads To Tragic Accident by CHIOMAEZEH: 6:47pm
Re: Reckless Driving Incident At UNILAG Leads To Tragic Accident by ObalendeCMS: 6:53pm
See the useless girl.

Typical Nigerian useless girl!

I avoid them like plague because they all carry bad luck.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reckless Driving Incident At UNILAG Leads To Tragic Accident by haybhi1(m): 7:01pm
It was Unilorin the other day, it's Unilag today. I hope safety takes more priority nationwide.

1 Like

Re: Reckless Driving Incident At UNILAG Leads To Tragic Accident by haybhi1(m): 7:02pm
ObalendeCMS:
See the useless girl. Typical Nigerian useless girl! I avoid them like plague because they all carry bad luck.
Damn! Did your mother do you something so bad that... gosh, someone just escaped deathโ€”not exactly in fact, since 30% bleeding can quickly indicate death, if not quickly salvaged and you're here expressing your stupid idiosyncrasies?

Ah, God help us Nigerians in the way we reason abeg... ewu... useless women-hating abysmal human!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

LASU Students Call Out Other Corrupt Lecturers Following Sack Of ASUU Chairman / Why I Will Never Forget The Day I Wrote My Pume Exam! / Sorry State Of FUTO Lecture Halls

Viewing this topic: Dannyoung2008, chadrain(m), professore(m), dopechoks(m), Ebymirabel, Kingsasian(m), ebijimi7(m), Sawdiq39(m), Arnoldy(m), Preciousgift120(f) and 20 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 1
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.