Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,949 members, 7,949,260 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 12:41 AM

Reckless Driving Incident At UNILAG Leads To Tragic Accident - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Reckless Driving Incident At UNILAG Leads To Tragic Accident (26753 Views)

Tragic Accident At UNILORIN Main Gate Claims Multiple Lives (Graphics Photos) / UNILAG Leads Mass Resignation Of Lecturers Over ASUU Strike / Fire Incident At Anchor University (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reckless Driving Incident At UNILAG Leads To Tragic Accident by condensedmilk: 7:07pm On Aug 10
Angelfrost:
They escaped with minor injuries... Lucky them.

Federal government should take FRSC to task for such avoidable accidents.

They need to stop issuing licenses to every Tunde, Chike, and Yakubu without proof of driving proficiency.

Over 90% of licensed drivers in Nigeria would never scale through elementary driving assessments abroad!

That's why many of you always fast and pray for "Journey Mercies" in that 3rd world nation. undecided

so accident no dey happen for first world nations?

small abroad wey you don enter person no go hear word.

1 Like

Re: Reckless Driving Incident At UNILAG Leads To Tragic Accident by Racoon(m): 7:13pm On Aug 10
shocked Imagine! In broad daylight? These are the leaders of tomorrow?
Re: Reckless Driving Incident At UNILAG Leads To Tragic Accident by Angelfrost(m): 7:14pm On Aug 10
condensedmilk:

so accident no dey happen for first world nations?

Sigh... This is what I despise! Whataboutism.

Okay... Please, compare the rate of occurrence of such accidents!

Also compare the severity!

Additionally, compare the manner and pattern of licensing drivers in your country and other nations.

People die everywhere sir. Does that now mean every nation on Earth has the same level of safety, health care, and life expectancy?!!

How can we improve as a nation if we sweep everything under the rug?!!

Please, reason better.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reckless Driving Incident At UNILAG Leads To Tragic Accident by condensedmilk: 7:20pm On Aug 10
Angelfrost:

Sigh... This is what I despise! Whataboutism.

Okay... Please, compare the rate of occurrence of such accidents!

Also compare the severity!

Additionally, compare the manner and pattern of licensing drivers in your country and other nations.

People die everywhere sir. Does that now mean every nation on Earth has the same level of safety, health care, and life expectancy?!!

How can we improve as a nation if we sweep everything under the rug?!!

Please, reason better.

simple question, you don dey shout like say na protest.

All these abroad people sef.

Re: Reckless Driving Incident At UNILAG Leads To Tragic Accident by Pootle: 7:23pm On Aug 10
still looking for the blood

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reckless Driving Incident At UNILAG Leads To Tragic Accident by SaturnNick(m): 7:23pm On Aug 10
Let me just restrain my words
Re: Reckless Driving Incident At UNILAG Leads To Tragic Accident by IMMUNO1(m): 7:31pm On Aug 10
Speed breakers are urgently needed in all our campuses. Children that doesn't know what life entails now have access to exotic cars and money beyond their mental capacity.

1 Like

Re: Reckless Driving Incident At UNILAG Leads To Tragic Accident by alphaNomega: 7:33pm On Aug 10
ObalendeCMS:
See the useless girl.

Typical Nigerian useless girl!

I avoid them like plague because they all carry bad luck.
i don't know why you hate Nigerian girls or what they have done to you undecided
Re: Reckless Driving Incident At UNILAG Leads To Tragic Accident by jaxxy(m): 7:36pm On Aug 10
This type of driving happening on that short and tight campus road is the most irresponsible thing I've ever seen.
Re: Reckless Driving Incident At UNILAG Leads To Tragic Accident by Chetas81(m): 8:01pm On Aug 10
HOW LONG DOES OUR CITIZEN, ABUSE ANYTHING THEY CROSS 😳
Re: Reckless Driving Incident At UNILAG Leads To Tragic Accident by Konjiboii: 8:13pm On Aug 10
That girl go get nice yansh, observe the leg, thigh, lap ratio.
Re: Reckless Driving Incident At UNILAG Leads To Tragic Accident by franugo(m): 8:15pm On Aug 10
Oshokhai69:

How is it a tragic accident if nobody died? 🤔

People just wake up and use whatever word they want without knowing what it means...what's tragic or even gory about this little incident?

Re: Reckless Driving Incident At UNILAG Leads To Tragic Accident by ObalendeCMS: 8:25pm On Aug 10
alphaNomega:
i don't know why you hate Nigerian girls or what they have done to you undecided

Can't you see that that girl looks useless?
Re: Reckless Driving Incident At UNILAG Leads To Tragic Accident by PAQ(m): 8:26pm On Aug 10
Nomerci:
Lexus Es fwd, and GS rwd,awd no balance. I drove my guys gs yesterday and I fired it to 120kph..oh bobs the car was feeling like it had flat tyres,was just bouncing doing left and right while in motion...omo I no tell am oh.

You cant get thesame experience from two different cars, a Lexus GS is rear wheel drive while an ES is front wheel. A Lexus GS comes with V6 & V8 while the ES is only V6.

If either of these cars felt floaty i doubt its the GS. Being high can also feel floaty, not that i am saying you where high... I no talk am o!
Re: Reckless Driving Incident At UNILAG Leads To Tragic Accident by SKINDOGGY: 8:34pm On Aug 10
Nomerci:
Lexus Es fwd, and GS rwd,awd no balance. I drove my guys gs yesterday and I fired it to 120kph..oh bobs the car was feeling like it had flat tyres,was just bouncing doing left and right while in motion...omo I no tell am oh.

I hope LS is balance cus that's the car I'm looking out for as a first time Lexus owner
Re: Reckless Driving Incident At UNILAG Leads To Tragic Accident by tony9k: 8:35pm On Aug 10
ObalendeCMS:
See the useless girl.

Typical Nigerian useless girl!

I avoid them like plague because they all carry bad luck.

What type of male chauvinist statement is this. Was the girl driving. What is wrong in a lady undergraduate going to a night party. We all did it at Uni. The fault lies with the driver (probably a male) for reckless driving. There is nothing wrong with undergraduates partying. It is part of the Uni experience. A beg stop this hate
Re: Reckless Driving Incident At UNILAG Leads To Tragic Accident by Sheuns(m): 8:45pm On Aug 10
You’ll see some drivers on a street forming fast and furious. I don’t understand the rationale behind driving fast on streets.

If dem enter freeway now, fear go catch them to speed. Always forming drivers on streets and inner roads.
Re: Reckless Driving Incident At UNILAG Leads To Tragic Accident by dgitrader(m): 8:50pm On Aug 10
Nomerci:

Bad shock absorbers actually
Re: Reckless Driving Incident At UNILAG Leads To Tragic Accident by alphaNomega: 8:51pm On Aug 10
ObalendeCMS:

Can't you see that that girl looks useless?
she looks shocked, not useless
Re: Reckless Driving Incident At UNILAG Leads To Tragic Accident by alphaNomega: 8:53pm On Aug 10
Oshokhai69:

How is it a tragic accident if nobody died? 🤔
someone does not have to die before you label an accident as "tragic".

the qualifying word for an accident were human life was lost is "fatal"

an accident can be tragic and not fatal

1 Like

Re: Reckless Driving Incident At UNILAG Leads To Tragic Accident by ObalendeCMS: 8:59pm On Aug 10
tony9k:

What type of male chauvinist statement is this. Was the girl driving. What is wrong in a lady undergraduate going to a night party. We all did it at Uni. The fault lies with the driver (probably a male) for reckless driving. There is nothing wrong with undergraduates partying. It is part of the Uni experience. A beg stop this hate

That useless girl could have influenced the driver, who obviously is a male, to drive safely.

Also, she could have been the reason why the driver sped so much, because the foolish driver wanted to impress her.

She should have taken the advantage she has as a lady to influence the driver, who is a foolish simple boy trying to impress the passengers especially the useless girl, to drive safely.

But as a useless Nigerian girl that she is, she just couldn't do that!
Re: Reckless Driving Incident At UNILAG Leads To Tragic Accident by AlvinOO7: 9:11pm On Aug 10
Nomerci:
It’s a 2008 Camry. a.k.a Muscle.
Re: Reckless Driving Incident At UNILAG Leads To Tragic Accident by Comfyonos2019: 9:35pm On Aug 10
Reason is most people drive cars but don't know how cars operate. What was causing your issue with the car is wheel balancing and alignment. Many people do not know the importance but if your wheel isn't balanced and you drive speed, oyo is your own. If your car is not in alignment, the steering will start waving, most especially when on high speed

Nomerci:
Re: Reckless Driving Incident At UNILAG Leads To Tragic Accident by ubee(m): 9:45pm On Aug 10
Are students in high institutions using cars as a symbol of showing off and revving up their engines to attract attention even in the cataclysmic economy and country we are in today?

Are they not feeling this hardship?
What's wrong with these children?
Re: Reckless Driving Incident At UNILAG Leads To Tragic Accident by Spidermon: 9:53pm On Aug 10
That girl go still follow boys go club. Make her wounds just heal small
Re: Reckless Driving Incident At UNILAG Leads To Tragic Accident by Okoroawusa: 10:08pm On Aug 10
Y the girl for down hold her kpekus? I hope no problem?

Nothing concern me with UNILAG students...
Re: Reckless Driving Incident At UNILAG Leads To Tragic Accident by nedekid: 10:16pm On Aug 10
Nomerci:
Your guys car is probably meant to be in a scrapyard as from your description, it is not roadworthy. Not properly maintained.
Re: Reckless Driving Incident At UNILAG Leads To Tragic Accident by Nomerci: 7:14am On Aug 11
Are u mad,which wreckless driving. U dumbo.my personal car has only 4dents. Due to bad road and atuid drivers rinning into my rear. Can u drive a car on reverse at 90kph. Can i drift manual,u are pained and wretched. I bet all your dead life na campus shuttle win am.
Bluntemperor:

What lessons do we gain from what you just typed?
Is It that People should follow your manners of reckless driving or what?
Toh!
Re: Reckless Driving Incident At UNILAG Leads To Tragic Accident by NOwazobia: 1:52pm On Aug 11
tony9k:

You did it, not we all...

Learn how to make issues about yourself instead of dragging everyone into your senselessness.

Yes, there is a lot wrong with night parties... undecided
Re: Reckless Driving Incident At UNILAG Leads To Tragic Accident by NOwazobia: 1:55pm On Aug 11
Nomerci:
Are u mad,which wreckless driving. U dumbo.my personal car has only 4dents. Due to bad road and atuid drivers rinning into my rear. Can u drive a car on reverse at 90kph. Can i drift manual,u are pained and wretched. I bet all your dead life na campus shuttle win am.
He was right afterall.

You are actually wreckless, even with words.

Next is for you to tell him/us how many houses you have built, and how your father was/is a king who feeds your whole community.

Don't forget to tell us about your private Jet too...

Keep it coming, Dangote... undecided
Re: Reckless Driving Incident At UNILAG Leads To Tragic Accident by BALLOSKI: 2:40pm On Aug 11

It has become common for some University of Lagos students to drive recklessly. Speeding from the main gate to the inner parts of the campus is a regular occurrence, and often, they remove the exhaust from their sports vehicles to create nuisance and unnecessary loud noise. These students often seem to have lost sight of their main purpose on campus, as their priorities appear misplaced.

Very stupid people. Like I always say, I don't trust 3 classes of Nigerians; The policeman with a gun, the politician and a Nigerian driving. Once they're behind the stirring wheel, they get drunken and act stupid with some imaginary power.

If the driver of the vehicle harmed himself and not others, i'll be fine.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hnd Vs Bsc, B. Eng, Etc / Advantages & Disadvantages Of Staying In School Hostel / 11 Funny Things Nigerian Students Can Relate To.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.