Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,831 members, 7,921,981 topics. Date: Thursday, 15 August 2024 at 04:12 PM

Woman Shares Chats With Her Mother Who Is A Grammarian(Pics) - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Woman Shares Chats With Her Mother Who Is A Grammarian(Pics) (32833 Views)

34-yr-old Mother Who Died During Childbirth Along With Baby Set For Final Burial / Cheating Husband Chats With Wife On Her Fake Facebook Account / Husband Chats With Many Ladies On Facebook And Whatsapp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman Shares Chats With Her Mother Who Is A Grammarian(Pics) by udemzyudex(m): 6:00am
ClitRaider:
How come the children no sabi Grammar?!

No be the same course dem study grin
Re: Woman Shares Chats With Her Mother Who Is A Grammarian(Pics) by GBPUSD: 6:03am
Tjra:
Sweet mama

You guys are seeing a harsh woman but I am seeing a loving mother who wants the best for her child.

The girl's primary/secondary school teachers didn't do a good job.

She looks too mature for this kain elementary blunders.

Just take a look at your conclusion. The teachers didn't do a good job because you were present when she was taught to ascertain if she was taught well or not.

Her grammatical blunders automatically translates to the teachers' incompetence right? Ride on!
Re: Woman Shares Chats With Her Mother Who Is A Grammarian(Pics) by GoodJohn: 6:07am
The content is thoughtfully crafted and relevant.
Re: Woman Shares Chats With Her Mother Who Is A Grammarian(Pics) by ClitRaider: 7:02am
Danzakidakura:
is not hereditary
No, it is hereditary. A mother plays an important role in the life of her children. A child will pick a mother's language faster than other languages. So, if your mother is fluent in English, you shu be fluent too.
Else, she didn't raise the kids.
Re: Woman Shares Chats With Her Mother Who Is A Grammarian(Pics) by ClitRaider: 7:02am
mctech:
Exactly!
She has been correcting her all her life yet she's yet to learn.
Maybe she didn't raise the kid. It's outrageous!
Re: Woman Shares Chats With Her Mother Who Is A Grammarian(Pics) by ClitRaider: 7:06am
Angelfrost:

Same reason some kids of tutors and academics don't do quite as well academically: Lack of Interest.
lack of interest is not comfortable with Language.
If your mother is a fluent English speaker, who are you not to speak it?
It's either the woman didn't raise the child or the child is extremely stupid.
Re: Woman Shares Chats With Her Mother Who Is A Grammarian(Pics) by Nwaotu10(m): 7:17am
Luu40:

To check on someone is to make sure there's nothing wrong with them.

To check up on someone is to make sure they're doing what they're suppose to do.

The mother is correct, only wrong to say that 'up and on don't go together.

"check on" and "check up on" can be used in similar contexts and still be grammatically correct.

The difference lies in the nuance or emphasis each phrase conveys.

"Check on" is more general and can be used for quick or routine verifications.
Example: "I'll check on the kids to see if they're asleep."

"Check up on" adds a layer of thoroughness or follow-up, often implying that some time has passed or that you're ensuring ongoing progress or well-being.Example: "I need to check up on the kids to make sure they're adjusting well to the new school."

So, she's very wrong, bro.
Take a look at her corrections again.

1 Like

Re: Woman Shares Chats With Her Mother Who Is A Grammarian(Pics) by Lithiumite: 7:58am
10mobile:
Great. But, does she call her mom "guys"?

I greet my mum what's up!! What's the big deal?
Re: Woman Shares Chats With Her Mother Who Is A Grammarian(Pics) by 10mobile: 8:43am
99thEnemy:

The mother after seeing this will be like: Its not ‘mom’, its ’mum’.. Nigeria was colonized by the British so you ought to use the Kings English spelling. grin
You're hereby awarded the King 👑 of comedy.👏👍👏👍
Re: Woman Shares Chats With Her Mother Who Is A Grammarian(Pics) by Feldie: 8:52am
ClitRaider:
How come the children no sabi Grammar?!

because it's likely a fake chat, fabricated for social media interaction and attention
Re: Woman Shares Chats With Her Mother Who Is A Grammarian(Pics) by Bimpe29: 9:07am
Nice of her.
Re: Woman Shares Chats With Her Mother Who Is A Grammarian(Pics) by zagorakis(m): 9:11am
Nwaotu10:

They actually go together.
It's called a phrasal verb.
Don't mind the woman.
Na NCE level grammarian she be grin

Funny guy!
Illustrate with a sentence.
Re: Woman Shares Chats With Her Mother Who Is A Grammarian(Pics) by G187: 9:27am
Lucky girl
Re: Woman Shares Chats With Her Mother Who Is A Grammarian(Pics) by Bobage16(m): 10:45am
santaclaws:

Haaaaa 😂😂😂😂

Na to speak pidgin remain 😸
😂 ur head de there

1 Like

Re: Woman Shares Chats With Her Mother Who Is A Grammarian(Pics) by fabolouz1(m): 11:49am
Why must this be for public glare?
Re: Woman Shares Chats With Her Mother Who Is A Grammarian(Pics) by deborahmariaeli: 3:35pm
9dxcg

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

I'm A Mother Of 2 Boys, And I Can't (and Won't) Support Feminism / My Wife Says I Am Not Romantic After 10years Of Marriage / Man Who Refused To Marry His Wife In Court For 9 Years, Now Begs To Wed Her

Viewing this topic: tolujohnso, Neptunium(m), Clairvoyancy, Revamp20, Saybal(m) and 12 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.