Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,189,807 members, 7,938,401 topics. Date: Tuesday, 03 September 2024 at 03:21 AM

Please Help Me I’m In Big Trouble - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Please Help Me I’m In Big Trouble (1912 Views)

Sex With My Co-Worker. I'm In Big Trouble / Am In Big Trouble, Am Married But I Keep Remembering My Ex Boyfriend, What Can I / Women Are In For A Big Trouble (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help Me I’m In Big Trouble by Ayjay44(m): 2:37pm On Aug 17
Pls help me with advise . I am a final year student doing my second semester and the courses this semester are extremely difficult compared to previous years.

I don’t understand anything I’m studying. I don’t want to fail or repeat the courses next year.

I already deferred one session due to some issues as I was supposed to graduate this February.

Please help
Re: Please Help Me I’m In Big Trouble by RealityKings: 2:41pm On Aug 17
When you are reading and it's hard to assimilate, leave the material and listen to an R&B or hip hop music for a very long time.

That way, but the time you get back to the book you will be able to under the content

Also when you read a paragraph, try and explain the paragraph to yourself. Before you read the next paragraph. Good luck

6 Likes

Re: Please Help Me I’m In Big Trouble by 360degreess(m): 2:41pm On Aug 17
Humble yourself and learn from your colleagues that are better than you, also dedicate more time for studies and be less concerned about social activities.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help Me I’m In Big Trouble by Wainey: 2:44pm On Aug 17
Ok, this is how I read while in school.
When it comes to calculations like maths, physics, chemistry, I am just naturally above average, maybe I had a good foundation in those courses so I can't help u, cos as soon as I carry book, those calculations deh enter my head like say I deh use juju. grin

When it comes to other courses like general courses, I read it like story books, I do not care if I understood what I was reading or not, I just keep reading, I do not force myself to understand every word. In a week or two I might have finished the textbook, I will come back and re-read it over again, this time I will understand few things in it. By the time I read it like third or fourth time, I might have understood 70-80% of the text book and I could confidently enter exam hall, my secret is that I read as soon as the semester starts.

I ended up graduating with a 4.35cgpa.
I hope this helps

10 Likes

Re: Please Help Me I’m In Big Trouble by dkidd: 2:45pm On Aug 17
Go smoke lala then study am U go dey alright.. do it every midnight around 2/3 AM when majoring of the world around u is asleep

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me I’m In Big Trouble by thesicilian: 2:47pm On Aug 17
Ayjay44:
Pls help me with advise . I am a final year student doing my second semester and the courses this semester are extremely difficult compared to previous years.

I don’t understand anything I’m studying. I don’t want to fail or repeat the courses next year.

I already deferred one session due to some issues as I was supposed to graduate this February.

Please help
What usually helps me when I encounter new or difficult courses:
1. Start reading on time. Don't wait till towards the exam before trying to rush everything.

2. Have an outline of all the major topics from the beginning, and try to scan through all of them at the beginning of the semester. At this stage you don't really need to understand everything, it's just to familiarise yourself with the topics and know where major concepts are in case of references and revisions

3. Go back to basics each time you don't understand a concept. It's time consuming but that's why it's good to start on time. For example, in order to understand some biochemistry topics in 300L you may need to go back to related organic and inorganic chemistry topics in your previous 200, 100L etc

4. Get assistance from those who have understood the concepts you're trying to understand - small and large tutorial groups, friends (don't be ashamed of asking for help from that "little girl" in class who seems to be the teacher's favourite).

5. Nowadays you can even get the added advantage of watching several YouTube videos - I usually find those chaps from India very easy to understand

6. Sometimes it's good to study with past questions even when it's not exam time. It gives you an insight into areas the lectures are more interested in

Etc

Others

Pray

Allocate enough time for rest and leisure

3 Likes

Re: Please Help Me I’m In Big Trouble by farady(m): 2:54pm On Aug 17
Take some moment off to do an evaluation of yourself. Try to identify the issues or what is bothering you, could be finances, mental stress, emotional stress. Give your life to Christ and pray to God to give you peace, wisdom and understanding. Talk to a trusted family member. May the Good Lord guide you.
Re: Please Help Me I’m In Big Trouble by calabaman(m): 3:39pm On Aug 17
- Get a study buddy
- use an AI to simplify complex topics.
Re: Please Help Me I’m In Big Trouble by BabbanBura(m): 4:56pm On Aug 17
thesicilian:

1. Start reading on time. Don't wait till towards the exam before trying to rush everything.

2. Have an outline of all the major topics from the beginning, and try to scan through all of them at the beginning of the semester. At this stage you don't really need to understand everything, it's just to familiarise yourself with the topics and know where major concepts are in case of references and revisions

3. Go back to basics each time you don't understand a concept. It's time consuming but that's why it's good to start on time. For example, in order to understand some biochemistry topics in 300L you may need to go back to related organic and inorganic chemistry topics in your previous 200, 100L etc

4. Get assistance from those who have understood the concepts you're trying to understand - small and large tutorial groups, friends (don't be ashamed of asking for help from that "little girl" in class who seems to be the teacher's favourite).

5. Nowadays you can even get the added advantage of watching several YouTube videos - I usually find those chaps from India very easy to understand

6. Sometimes it's good to study with past questions even when it's not exam time. It gives you an insight into areas the lectures are more interested in

Etc

Others

Pray

Listen to this guy @OP, most of the others are talking rubbish
Re: Please Help Me I’m In Big Trouble by Nomerci: 6:33pm On Aug 17
Bro forget story,sort your way out.graj and hustle. U won't be a student forever

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me I’m In Big Trouble by Ayjay44(m): 6:35pm On Aug 17
Nomerci:
Bro forget story,sort your way out.graj and hustle. U won't be a student forever
it’s not easy to do sorting in my school. No lecturer go hear dat one

FUTMINNA
Re: Please Help Me I’m In Big Trouble by Nomerci: 6:37pm On Aug 17
Then be a chief cheat.while in school. I goked.others were experts in exam malpractice but me i sorted.it was way easier.lol. if u cant sort,then be a master in exam malpractice. Ma for oh.
Ayjay44:
it’s not easy to do sorting in my school. No lecturer go hear dat one

FUTMINNA

2 Likes

Re: Please Help Me I’m In Big Trouble by Ayjay44(m): 6:42pm On Aug 17
Nomerci:
Then be a chief cheat.while in school. I goked.others were experts in exam malpractice but me i sorted.it was way easier.lol. if u cant sort,then be a master in exam malpractice. Ma for oh.
I do malpractice too but dese corses too hard for malpractice. It’s too complex and random

How much do u use to pay to sort per lecturer
Re: Please Help Me I’m In Big Trouble by MrCork: 7:00pm On Aug 17
Ayjay44:

Please help

^^^^^^scammmmer alert.....do not respond

GO TO HELL.......YOU LAZZZZZZZZZZY BUHARI SCUM YOUTH.... .QUIT BEGGGING U FPR MOINEY...YOU 419. FRAUDER!!(((nO oofencse))
angry
Re: Please Help Me I’m In Big Trouble by MrCork: 7:02pm On Aug 17
thesicilian:

Etc

Others

Pray

Dont waste yor time on him....he a well known online scammmmer..he begs for moiney online with diffrent names undecided

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me I’m In Big Trouble by Nomerci: 10:13pm On Aug 17
When dollar was 350.way back. When u could buy better stock jeans for 10k.yahoo boys never many then,cars no too many for school like that,tho na muscle.people never dey put eyes for benz cos dem see benz then as old man car. E pained me i didnt buy benz then.
Ayjay44:
I do malpractice too but dese corses too hard for malpractice. It’s too complex and random

How much do u use to pay to sort per lecturer
Re: Please Help Me I’m In Big Trouble by talk2hb1(m): 10:51pm On Aug 17
Ayjay44:

Please help

Join or form a study group in your class, let everybody read/study the course independently, then come together to discuss it to your best of understanding and everybody in the group must contribute by explaining a topic or the other.
One of my greatest study strategy in UNILAG

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Please Help Me I’m In Big Trouble by Juliearth(f): 3:49am On Aug 18
Ayjay44:

Please help

Study well. Liaise with people who are hot-brained and prganize tutorials. This would go a long way. Attend lecturers and take down jottings when your lecturer is doing the needful. I pray God helps you scale through this.
Re: Please Help Me I’m In Big Trouble by thesicilian: 4:24am On Aug 18
MrCork:

Dont waste yor time on him....he a well known online scammmmer..he begs for moiney online with diffrent names undecided
Oh!
Didn't know that.
Thanks for the update.
Re: Please Help Me I’m In Big Trouble by akwesenana: 7:15am On Aug 18
dkidd:
Go smoke lala then study am U go dey alright.. do it every midnight around 2/3 AM when majoring of the world around u is asleep
This works for me.
Re: Please Help Me I’m In Big Trouble by dkidd: 8:01am On Aug 18
akwesenana:
This works for me.
Same here I discovered it back in school.
Re: Please Help Me I’m In Big Trouble by Zaheertyler(m): 10:09am On Aug 18
dkidd:
Hehehehehe

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me I’m In Big Trouble by dkidd: 11:03am On Aug 18
Zaheertyler:

Hehehehehe
I'm actually saying the truth but if ur head light just wake up those times when others are sleeping and study daily
Re: Please Help Me I’m In Big Trouble by Lamasta(m): 1:54pm On Aug 18
Go and learn how to cram if understanding is not your thing, or you ask for help from your colleagues that knows the courses very well
Re: Please Help Me I’m In Big Trouble by imagrg(m): 6:14pm On Aug 18
Take private lessons at the lecturers house but don't pay in kind oh!

(1) (Reply)

Help: Why Am I Always Meeting Single Mother When Am Still Single! / Do U Think An Unromantic Partner Will Change After Wedding!? / Love Palava! I lost a Brotherly Love!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.