Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,633 members, 7,930,137 topics. Date: Saturday, 24 August 2024 at 11:26 AM

ECOWAS Moves To Block Niger, Mali, Burkina Faso Exits - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / ECOWAS Moves To Block Niger, Mali, Burkina Faso Exits (20355 Views)

ECOWAS Lifts Various Sanctions On Niger, Mali, Guinea On Humanitarian Grounds / Niger, Mali And Burkina Faso Withdraw From ECOWAS / Mali, Burkina Faso Deploy Warplanes In Niger After Fresh ECOWAS Threat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ECOWAS Moves To Block Niger, Mali, Burkina Faso Exits by hisgrace090: 10:39pm On Aug 18
Another wicked move by Tinubu ordered by his oga imf and world bank.

2 Likes

Re: ECOWAS Moves To Block Niger, Mali, Burkina Faso Exits by JuanDeDios: 10:45pm On Aug 18
ivolt:
This is an embarrassment to say the least.
What is the net contribution of those countries to ECOWAS purse, zero.
So, why are they being lobbied?
I just don't get it. Those coup-plotting thugs prefer Putin. Let them go, but Ecowas is embarrassing itself for reasons not beyond some people's ego.
Re: ECOWAS Moves To Block Niger, Mali, Burkina Faso Exits by Yankee101: 10:54pm On Aug 18
It’s their choice
Re: ECOWAS Moves To Block Niger, Mali, Burkina Faso Exits by Eriokanmi: 10:54pm On Aug 18
Too late. Ecowas is a voluntary organisation anyway. I read of Burkina Faso rejecting the imf loan. I see these guys dominating africa in near future. Nigeria is still sleeping, Smh

6 Likes

Re: ECOWAS Moves To Block Niger, Mali, Burkina Faso Exits by Ebigwei007: 10:56pm On Aug 18
If am the one, i wont join anything. They are just waisting time

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS Moves To Block Niger, Mali, Burkina Faso Exits by Eldee54321(m): 11:13pm On Aug 18
Why are they blocking them in the first place... What's their business
Re: ECOWAS Moves To Block Niger, Mali, Burkina Faso Exits by Blazetrailer: 11:23pm On Aug 18
I thought the Bulaba ECOWAS Chairman suspended Niger and threatened others if they don't return to Civilian rule....the stupid strategist went to beg them to come back

3 Likes

Re: ECOWAS Moves To Block Niger, Mali, Burkina Faso Exits by Franking: 11:27pm On Aug 18
Free them. Democracy is a huge scam in Africa. Military over civilian rule.
Re: ECOWAS Moves To Block Niger, Mali, Burkina Faso Exits by Riskymarvelous(m): 11:38pm On Aug 18
May thunder fire those three 3 countries if dey later come back to join ECOWAS again

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ECOWAS Moves To Block Niger, Mali, Burkina Faso Exits by bigtt76(f): 11:38pm On Aug 18
Re: ECOWAS Moves To Block Niger, Mali, Burkina Faso Exits by benjaminlawson(m): 11:39pm On Aug 18
Why is ECOWAS leaders thinking from their anus, when people of these countries were celebrating for being let out of the troubles of fraudulent democracy of an electoral fraud, and master servant of elected officers and electorate, they came together and were shouting that they will face war, now if war actually broken out then, thank God for our Senate who stood their grand against this wasteful venture, would they now have any audacity to negotiate for their return?
Re: ECOWAS Moves To Block Niger, Mali, Burkina Faso Exits by Benwems(m): 11:44pm On Aug 18
ivolt:

That shows African leaders do not have common sense.

3 Likes

Re: ECOWAS Moves To Block Niger, Mali, Burkina Faso Exits by BarrElChapo(m): 11:55pm On Aug 18
Freshtruth:
Doku dey play ball sha

Chelsea problem is not striker dey should go for a defensive player

Chelsea coach na big okpe de moment he name Sanchez as ist choice I knew they will struggle with manutd to fight for number 8 position grin

Ode wetin concern man utd for Chelsea matter, try dey think before you write. Plus you dey derail the thread.

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS Moves To Block Niger, Mali, Burkina Faso Exits by youngrichnigga: 12:17am On Aug 19
Too late, the horse (.Niger, Mali and Burkina Faso) 🐎 has already successfully bolted (Okeye ti boru mobwa lowo cool cool cool
Re: ECOWAS Moves To Block Niger, Mali, Burkina Faso Exits by 43Ronin: 12:51am On Aug 19
Of what benefit is ecowas to them when member nations don't obey the ECOWAS charter? Imagine Nigeria closing borders against the ecowas charter

5 Likes

Re: ECOWAS Moves To Block Niger, Mali, Burkina Faso Exits by Blue3k(m): 12:55am On Aug 19
ivolt:

Exactly, the policy is so incoherent. You sanction and suspend them, then attempt to stop their exit. Are they concerned others will leave?

3 Likes

Re: ECOWAS Moves To Block Niger, Mali, Burkina Faso Exits by Cheapgadget(f): 1:10am On Aug 19
Ecowas is just a Toothless bulldog
Re: ECOWAS Moves To Block Niger, Mali, Burkina Faso Exits by Dancebreaker: 1:23am On Aug 19
This is a new low for ECOWAS.
A bunch of juntas from poorly resourced minor countries hold ECOWAS for blokos. cheesy grin

ECOWAS dey beg like "can't someone joke with you again?"
Juntas be like "joke kee you dia". grin cheesy cheesy

So imagine how these misfit African leaders tremble before Western masters, always with begging bowls. shocked shocked

4 Likes

Re: ECOWAS Moves To Block Niger, Mali, Burkina Faso Exits by Dancebreaker: 1:27am On Aug 19
Blue3k:

Exactly, the policy is so incoherent. You sanction and suspend them, then attempt to stop their exit. Are they concerned others will leave?
ECOWAS know how useless they have become. They were forming before. A boko and militant ravaged corner of the earth dey form.

Those juntas better stay on their own and solve their own problems. ECOWAS, IMF, World Bank and the West have nothing to offer.

2 Likes

Re: ECOWAS Moves To Block Niger, Mali, Burkina Faso Exits by BABANGBALI: 1:29am On Aug 19
You can't stop them. Stop wasting your fokn time
Re: ECOWAS Moves To Block Niger, Mali, Burkina Faso Exits by Newness2019: 1:51am On Aug 19
TouchNfollow:

https://punchng.com/ecowas-moves-to-block-niger-mali-burkina-faso-exits/

BIG SHAME ON SO CALLED ECOWAS LEADERS, SLAVE DRIVERS, DRUG ADDICTS ..............
Re: ECOWAS Moves To Block Niger, Mali, Burkina Faso Exits by Originalsly: 2:09am On Aug 19
Burkina Faso President Traore reached out to meet with ECOWAS ... not to beg to be let back in ... but for ECOWAS to free itself from their colonial handlers and one together for Africans to take control of their resources and destiny. This one is talking about multiple sources of financing from investors ... not knowing he is showing how dependent ECOWAS is on the colonizers. Is either ECOWAS get on the programme .... or they continue without them.
Re: ECOWAS Moves To Block Niger, Mali, Burkina Faso Exits by Litmus: 2:42am On Aug 19
Let them go, ooooh, Nigeria ,for Bleep sake! And emulate the Chinese firm by ceasing the asset of those West Africa nations owing Nigeria electricity and gas fee. Stop with these frigging "Africa brothers" crap. None of these nations feel or act brotherly towards Nigeria when the chips are down!

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS Moves To Block Niger, Mali, Burkina Faso Exits by lebete3000: 2:48am On Aug 19
TouchNfollow:

https://punchng.com/ecowas-moves-to-block-niger-mali-burkina-faso-exits/

Unity beggars. Instead of removing the log in their own eyes first, they want to help others remove the speck in their own eyes.

Wayo country, imagine USA begging Mexico to remain a part of the American continental bloc.

Giant of Africa turn Agbaya of Africa.

Shame! embarassed

3 Likes

Re: ECOWAS Moves To Block Niger, Mali, Burkina Faso Exits by 360command: 2:55am On Aug 19
ivolt:

In as much as I understand what you mean but they also contribute as part of ecowas. Either in the agricultural sector, military and other forms of trade.

My ex gf is a burkinabe and I remember when her brother graduated from a military school in niger. Her brother goes on peace keeping missions in west african countries. The last I heard from my ex, she told me her brother is going to Congo. So, in the area of peace keeping, ecowas needs their troops.

Secondly, in terms of agriculture Mali, burkina, niger supplies agric produce to sub saharan african countries like Nigeria, benin,Ghana, Cote d'Voire.

Thirdly, Ghana and Coted'Voire needs them so that they can make use of their sea port which brings revenue to Ghana and Coted'Voire. This is why they are lobbying for them to remain in ecowas.

I have an ivorian friend whom his relatives or would I say ivorian government have a stake in burkina faso resources. They are in the mining sector investing in burkina faso. As it is, the president of burkina faso have stopped them from mining in certain areas. But to the ivorians, they are not happy and this is why they need to lobby for them to be in Ecowas. This is the few examples that I know of as to why we need them in Ecowas.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: ECOWAS Moves To Block Niger, Mali, Burkina Faso Exits by Spandau: 3:10am On Aug 19
Re: ECOWAS Moves To Block Niger, Mali, Burkina Faso Exits by ivolt: 3:37am On Aug 19
Blue3k:

If anybody should want to leave ECOWAS, it should be Nigeria because we shoulder the largest responsibility.

Imagine begging landlocked impoverish countries not to leave.
I was so pissed about this news that I tried to get info from an insider.
He too couldn't give a cogent reason other than strengthening "African brotherhood".

ECOWAS should be operating like the EU, hard to join and relatively easy to leave if a country
can pay the exit costs.

ECOWAS should have been patient, those military regime will eventually crumble when their shining
object effects wears off and the succeeding admins will reintegrate with ECOWAS.
But they must not be readmitted for free.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ECOWAS Moves To Block Niger, Mali, Burkina Faso Exits by Father4all: 3:45am On Aug 19
Useless Ecowas. ECOWAS is full of corrupt men

1 Like

Re: ECOWAS Moves To Block Niger, Mali, Burkina Faso Exits by TheOgaBoss: 3:59am On Aug 19
goatandyam:
I wonder why u go dey beg 2 countries that are full of muslim terrorists.
3 countries, Burkina Faso, niger and Mali.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

China Wants ‘Reunification’ With Taiwan, Echoing Putin’s Comments About Ukraine / Trump China Trade Deal Agreed, US To Roll Back Tariffs In Stages / Is Nelson Mandela Dead?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.