Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,959 members, 7,936,065 topics. Date: Friday, 30 August 2024 at 11:15 PM

Senegal Successfully Launches First Satellite - Foreign Affairs (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Senegal Successfully Launches First Satellite (22066 Views)

Uk's First Satellite Launch Fails As Rocket Suffers 'anomaly' / UAE Successfully Launches Hope Probe, Arab World’s First Mission To Mars / Iran Launches First Military Satellite Into Orbit After Months Of Failure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senegal Successfully Launches First Satellite by LoveThemChubby(m): 7:45am On Aug 19
PlayMaker14:
This is someone who has only been in government for a year and is already making significant contributions to his country.

Meanwhile, Tinubu is launching a private yacht and aircraft for himself while also launching hunger, misery, and bad governance in Nigeria.

Shame.

I am sure you were too lazy to even read the tiny piece to know that he said the project has been on for the past 5years. Sorry for you.
Re: Senegal Successfully Launches First Satellite by dalass(f): 7:47am On Aug 19
PlayMaker14:
I know you one of the defenders of Tinubu, read my first paragraph and don't be too quick to let everyone know how slow you are.

Your first paragraph is my bone of contention, that the guy is just one year in office a d the implication is that it only took him one year to make this happen. Of which if not for your total lack of your ability to comprehend. You can read my reply again, slowly like several times.

Good luck wink
Re: Senegal Successfully Launches First Satellite by Crafteck1: 7:55am On Aug 19
Tellmeastory:

Are you actually aware that we have Nigerian built satellites hovering in space right now?

Built by Nigerian scientists?

Have you heard of NigeriaSat- 2?

Ignorant school dropout.

Don’t go and learn about your country before typing

ignorant nonsense.

Only 3 left in orbit whose status are unknown, were they launched by tinubu, truly you cant support apc without sounding like an idiot.
Re: Senegal Successfully Launches First Satellite by MrSly(m): 7:58am On Aug 19
jazzman7711:

Students now get loans to attend university, courtesy of this administration.

In fact UNN just published data on over 325 students who just enrolled on federal-backed student loans.

It's happening in EVERY university.

This opens up higher education to a great many people previously shut out.

Far bigger achievement than some fcking satellite.

But will your tribalist hatred allow you to acknowledge any good thing you see in Nigeria?

If it was the other way round, and Senegal announced they were offering student loans for university, while Nigeria was prioritising the launching of a space satellite to fanfare, you would have PRAISED Senegal and ATTACKED the Nigerian govt for 'misplaced priorities'.

I KNOW IT.

YOU KNOW IT.

Demonic entities drowned in tribalist hate.

You're despicable, you IPOB Emergency Nigerians.

I am already clapping for the stupendous milestone by this govt. grin grin grin

Listen, it is the job of financial institutions like banks to give loans not federal government. Even Lapo micro finance bank give student loans. What federal govt should have done differently is giving grants to students not loan.

Little wonder why these politicians mess up around without blinking. They know you can't come up with any challenge because you even dont know when you are cheated and subverted.
Re: Senegal Successfully Launches First Satellite by ceejay80s(m): 8:01am On Aug 19
PlayMaker14:
Ancient of Days in Nairaland forum, please help him to answer my question.

Tell me, what significant advancement has your cocaine-loving hero achieved for a year now?
tinubu achievements is borrowing money from world bank and china

1 Like

Re: Senegal Successfully Launches First Satellite by shoskid(m): 8:04am On Aug 19
PlayMaker14:
At the very least, his administration has had a significant impact in just a few months. Now, tell me, what significant advancement has your cocaine-loving hero achieved?

Awon Tinubu Defender

Someone corrected you above and you keep displaying your daftness, Why?
Re: Senegal Successfully Launches First Satellite by SmartyPants(m): 8:10am On Aug 19
PlayMaker14:
Ancient of Days in Nairaland forum, please help him to answer my question.

Tell me, what significant advancement has your cocaine-loving hero achieved for a year now?

Let's agree that Tinubu is a failure. I'm still interested in knowing what the remarkable thing is that Faye has achieved. I know Senegal very well so I'm interested.
Re: Senegal Successfully Launches First Satellite by Shimbo96(m): 8:12am On Aug 19
PlayMaker14:
This is someone who has only been in government for a year and is already making significant contributions to his country.

Meanwhile, Tinubu is launching a private yacht and aircraft for himself while also launching hunger, misery, and bad governance in Nigeria.

Shame.

bro they have been working on this project since 5yrs ago not 1yr. Rest abeg, every opportunity is for you to insult your President 😜 shame on you.
Re: Senegal Successfully Launches First Satellite by Archworld(m): 8:15am On Aug 19
PlayMaker14:

Shame.

The most important thing is that something was launched. Even if na hunger , poverty , high food prices nai launch 😂

Re: Senegal Successfully Launches First Satellite by Bluntemperor: 8:30am On Aug 19
SmartyPants:

Let's agree that Tinubu is a failure. I'm still interested in knowing what the remarkable thing is that Faye has achieved. I know Senegal very well so I'm interested.

Very beautiful reply 👍
Re: Senegal Successfully Launches First Satellite by PlayMaker14: 8:36am On Aug 19
dalass:

Your first paragraph is my bone of contention, that the guy is just one year in office a d the implication is that it only took him one year to make this happen. Of which if not for your total lack of your ability to comprehend. You can read my reply again, slowly like several times.

Good luck wink
A Tinubu worshiper like you talking about lack of ability to comprehend, please don't make me laugh.

Concentrate on why your mom left at an early age. 😘

Good morning.

2 Likes

Re: Senegal Successfully Launches First Satellite by RepoMan007: 8:40am On Aug 19
ivolt:

And you think he was responsible for conceptualising and funding the project within four months?
I wonder where the standard of Nigerian education is going.
SMH
Did Buhari conceptualize or fund Dangote refinery before he went to launch it hurriedly and took credit for it?
If half of that was done under Tinubu I can tell Agbadorians will be a lover taking credits so let them take the sticks also.
Re: Senegal Successfully Launches First Satellite by joseph1832(m): 8:40am On Aug 19
naptu2:

We've had many satellites.

Nigeria Sat-1 reached the end of its life cycle and we launched Nigeria Sat-2 and then Nigeria Sat-X. These are earth observation satellites.

We also launched NigComSat 1, a communications satellite. However, in 2008 NigComSat 1 ran out of power due to problems with its solar arrays. We then launched NigComSat 1-r.

We also launched EduSat-1.

At the moment NigComSat-1R, NigeriaSat-2 and NigeriaSat-X are still working.
Nice to know. I honestly didn't know about the rest. Nigeria sat one is all I knew about. Thanks for the info.
Re: Senegal Successfully Launches First Satellite by KingCold: 8:43am On Aug 19
The only sane West African country
Re: Senegal Successfully Launches First Satellite by Oghene86: 8:43am On Aug 19
ivolt:

And you think he was responsible for conceptualising and funding the project within four months?
SMH

So why is Tinubu not doing same since he is not the one funding the project, you with the standard Nigeria education that's good at supporting failures, because I don't know what else you need to see to know that Tinubu is a failure, man with the standard Nigeria education 😂

1 Like

Re: Senegal Successfully Launches First Satellite by mipeesoft(m): 9:04am On Aug 19
Let me help the guy on tifnubu achievement:
1. Fuel price from #200 to 850😜
2. Rice from 40k to 80k😜
3. 3 square meal now reduced to barely 2 square meal for a family😜
4. A government who's citizens are languishing in poverty, deemed it fit to lavishly spend on jets and yatch😜
5. Lawmakers on free spending for their upkeeps and 160m on vehicles😜
6. Kidnapping, banditry and UGM are too big for our security men to handle but they can easily overpowered peaceful protesters😜
7. The project of coastal road from Lagos to Calabar where free food will be served to all Nigerians after completion 😜
8. International embarrassment just because of an agreement between China and Nigeria😜
9. An unending hardship in the country under tifnubu 😜
10. Refineries will work before December 2023, 2024 December is approaching non is working yet😜
Tifnubu achievements are just enormous, so I mentioned few😜😜😜😜😜😜
ivolt:

First, list the measurable significant impact the 4 months administration has made.
Re: Senegal Successfully Launches First Satellite by lereinter(m): 9:26am On Aug 19
ivolt:

SMH

He didn't stop or strangulate it, just to start his own selfish interest project

Your own is worst than buhari own

Every tinubu supporter will not know peace
Re: Senegal Successfully Launches First Satellite by lereinter(m): 9:27am On Aug 19
Every tinubu supporter shall not know peace
Re: Senegal Successfully Launches First Satellite by fitinwell: 9:36am On Aug 19
PlayMaker14:

Shame.

But same Tinubu is launching and dislaunching palliatives to Nigerians .. he calls it economic stimuli ...

Instead of Fighting back insecurity, he is futher pushing Nigerians into hardship and more debt.
Re: Senegal Successfully Launches First Satellite by Wickedlywicked: 10:02am On Aug 19
PlayMaker14:
Oga, kindly tell me the significant contribution or impact Tinubu has made so far.

Don't shift away from the question stylishly.
You are free to criticize a person in government anyhow and whichever way you like but do so with facts and sense at least. You coming out to sound as though a satellite (rocket) was built within 4 months actually makes you look slow to be honest. Do you know the reason behind the phrase “rocket science”? grin
How old are you? Though I know wisdom doesn’t always come with age but please, don’t always allow your hate for someone reveal your inherited slow traits🙏
Re: Senegal Successfully Launches First Satellite by Wickedlywicked: 10:15am On Aug 19
jazzman7711:

There are too many Nigerians with inferiority complex.

It's hard to pinpoint why exactly.

I've met people from SOMALIA, LIBERIA, SIERRA LEONE, SOUTH SUDAN, and AFGHANISTAN who are so proud of their race and their country, you won't believe it.

Yet visit those places, and Nigeria is HEAVEN in comparison.

But there are people on social media right now from those countries, insulting Nigeria, and Nigerians accept it meekly.
You are just so on point. I was perplexed recently when I saw Nigerians (just a few fo o li sh ones though) criticizing Asake, a Nigerian musician, for singing with an American artiste using one of Nigeria’s local languages (Yoruba)
I was like hell no, this can’t be real. It would have been a bit understandable if the complaints coming from Americans but no, it was from fellow Nigerian citizens grin Now imagine how badly our self esteem has been affected to the point that we see our local languages as being inferior to the white man’s own. I’m particularly proud of Asake for being one of the few Nigerian musicians who neither worshipped foreigners nor embraced their culture all because of a collaboration. Portable did the exact same thing. These Yoruba men just shown the world that our mother tongue is never inferior. We really need to work on this. It’s sad really.
Re: Senegal Successfully Launches First Satellite by Mear23: 10:48am On Aug 19
Where is our own satellite 🛰
Re: Senegal Successfully Launches First Satellite by sweetkev(m): 10:54am On Aug 19
jazzman7711:

Shut your lying, illiterate lips. The satellite was built by NIGERIAN SCIENTISTS and is STILL in operation.

Ignorant IPOB pea brain.

Don't use simple Google to learn before spewing your nasty vomit.
Built by Nigerian scientists indeed. Your scientists that can't build an ordinary toy flying object will build and put satellite in space. Dey play. grin
Re: Senegal Successfully Launches First Satellite by marianancyadi: 10:54am On Aug 19
375sk

Re: Senegal Successfully Launches First Satellite by Believeintruth: 11:48am On Aug 19
Bluntemperor:

eh,why are you like this that ' Student Loans are Not Social Services ' Please,can you tell us again ?
Even in America,where this Script is copied,it is a Social Menu!
So,when are the Students Paying back the Loan,if I may ask?
You may hate Tinubu,but don't Condemn through Manipulation of Facts,that it's not a good Programme!
Can you pay back the Number of Ignorance,this Loan will have saved,if not put in place by the govt,?
The Facts are there,if we want to tell the Truth,not to be unnecessarily Bitter, because if it was established by the Opposition, even in their States, would you still Condemn it?
Kiss the Truth!

Bluntemperor AKA Time Manager. Let us leave story. if this student loan survives till end of 4 years then i will believe, but again where are the subsidies nko for Agriculture? Or was the palliatives the subsidy? This Lagos template cannot work for national, where you just wake up and start sharing palliatives and foodstuffs to people like beggars, it is clear they want to use poverty as a weapon to keep people under their stranglehold.
Re: Senegal Successfully Launches First Satellite by goslowgoslow(m): 12:02pm On Aug 19
Believeintruth:

Dude I think you are not sensible enough to understand the young man's point. The question is this what significant contribution has Tinubu achieved in one year that has impacted positively on Nigerians? This shouldn't be hard even for you.
STFUP! Next time read to comprehend and stop jumping into comments that you are not following.
The person I mentioned said the president of Senegal completed that project in less than one year, it was a different person that asked about Tinubu's achievements and I didn't even mention that person.
Next time use your common sense if at all you have one before jumping into people comments. Senseless person trying to form VOLTRON.... dumbass!
Re: Senegal Successfully Launches First Satellite by Houseofglam7(f): 12:05pm On Aug 19
femi4:
Nigerian is the first west African country to do that. We did in Obasanjo era

https://www.nairaland.com/192/nigeria-satellite-orbit-nigeriasat-1
Okay sir 😁
Re: Senegal Successfully Launches First Satellite by Houseofglam7(f): 12:05pm On Aug 19
Ibime:

Nigeria has satellites in space. You simply build or buy one and get a foreign carrier to launch it

Okay sir 😁
Re: Senegal Successfully Launches First Satellite by spiSeyi: 12:14pm On Aug 19
Believeintruth:

Dude I think you are not sensible enough to understand the young man's point. The question is this what significant contribution has Tinubu achieved in one year that has impacted positively on Nigerians? This shouldn't be hard even for you
it's not the president's projects undecided the project has been ongoing before his tenure
Re: Senegal Successfully Launches First Satellite by sunboy(m): 12:27pm On Aug 19
PlayMaker14:

Shame.

Every opportunity to bash your country you jump at it without thinking it through.

That project started since 2019 sir, and only ready in 2023. And launching now.

It takes average of 2-3 years to build and assemble a single satellite. It obviously didn’t start within few months that he became the president. Common

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Drone Attack On Tel Aviv, Isreal Leaves One Dead, At Least 10 Injured / Lebanon Becomes First Arab Country To Legalize Cannabis / Trump Suspended Indefinitely From Snapchat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.