Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,830 members, 7,889,747 topics. Date: Sunday, 14 July 2024 at 07:36 PM

Court Sentences Boko Haram's Ex-spokesperson To 3 Years In Prison - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Court Sentences Boko Haram's Ex-spokesperson To 3 Years In Prison (6271 Views)

I Would ‘ve Joined Boko Haram – Ex-military Gov, Onoja / 'Name The Criminals' - National Assembly Spokesperson To OBJ / Ibb, Buhari, Atiku Are The Major Sponsor Of Boko Haram - Ex Boko Haram Leader (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Sentences Boko Haram's Ex-spokesperson To 3 Years In Prison by Gayigaskia(m): 4:26pm On Dec 06, 2011
How this guy had a speedy trial while Lucky Igbinedion ,Kalu , Dariye et al are free for years. F this government
Re: Court Sentences Boko Haram's Ex-spokesperson To 3 Years In Prison by yomideola: 4:28pm On Dec 06, 2011
okay, we are watching
Re: Court Sentences Boko Haram's Ex-spokesperson To 3 Years In Prison by klas(m): 4:33pm On Dec 06, 2011
It is a pity but naptu2 is very right. The court cannot be as sentimental as we are here. It is not the duty of the court to fish for evidence to prosecute. He was charged with sending threat messages to some VIPs and that is felony. Boko Haram is not yet declared illegal organisation in Nigeria (baaaad but that is the position), so belonging to it cannot earn you imprisonment just by that fact alone except you are caught doing some illegal things for which you will be charged.
Re: Court Sentences Boko Haram's Ex-spokesperson To 3 Years In Prison by owenueme: 4:40pm On Dec 06, 2011
Welcome to anarchy! If it is only 3 yrs that is given for wasting 100s of people, then I guess the lives of naija men and women are not really worth much.
Re: Court Sentences Boko Haram's Ex-spokesperson To 3 Years In Prison by Raxxye(m): 4:47pm On Dec 06, 2011
I wonder hw much d top northern politicians who are members of Boko Haram must hv used to bribe d judge Oyewumi. 3 years in jail is as good as congratulating him for his ignoble acts!
Re: Court Sentences Boko Haram's Ex-spokesperson To 3 Years In Prison by anafest: 5:21pm On Dec 06, 2011
okay,
Re: Court Sentences Boko Haram's Ex-spokesperson To 3 Years In Prison by truefact: 5:32pm On Dec 06, 2011
9ja i dey hail oooh,, mass murderer 3 yrs, man-lover 14 yrs, arm robber 3 months,, i tire for 9ja and 9jarians
Re: Court Sentences Boko Haram's Ex-spokesperson To 3 Years In Prison by GboyegaD(m): 5:32pm On Dec 06, 2011
3years only not considering the havoc the group created and are still creating Nigeria is ready to develop and with such lenient judgment as this, we should expect more havoc on the economy.
By the way, hope they also got as much information to get all the other monsters involved
Re: Court Sentences Boko Haram's Ex-spokesperson To 3 Years In Prison by namfav(m): 5:41pm On Dec 06, 2011
please, let justice be differentiate between those that are caught in the act and those caught between the act, this man was not responsible for any planning, any bombings, just for sending stupid sms's

use your common sense, dont let your unstable emotions dictate for you

GboyegaD:

3years only not considering the havoc the group created and are still creating Nigeria is ready to develop and with such lenient judgment as this, we should expect more havoc on the economy.
By the way, hope they also got as much information to get all the other monsters involved
Re: Court Sentences Boko Haram's Ex-spokesperson To 3 Years In Prison by drstan(m): 5:47pm On Dec 06, 2011
Notin much, i tink is beta nw 4 sum 9ja guyz to join bokoaram set, dan to engage in manlover game.
Re: Court Sentences Boko Haram's Ex-spokesperson To 3 Years In Prison by itiswell1(m): 5:56pm On Dec 06, 2011
I used to think terrorism is carries death penalty. Now I know I don't know anything.
Re: Court Sentences Boko Haram's Ex-spokesperson To 3 Years In Prison by GboyegaD(m): 6:15pm On Dec 06, 2011
namfav:

please, let justice be differentiate between those that are caught in the act and those caught between the act, this man was not responsible for any planning, any bombings, just for sending silly sms's
use your common sense, dont let your unstable emotions dictate for you

This only shows you are one of those Nigerians who do not know how to use their brain. A spokesman of a group who does so much damage and you say he is only sending the messages right? If it is your type of people we have left in the country, then there is truly NO HOPE for our beloved country. Please try to think before you type your response.
Re: Court Sentences Boko Haram's Ex-spokesperson To 3 Years In Prison by Gbawe: 6:52pm On Dec 06, 2011
This is a ludicrous sentence. Anyone found guilty of aiding and abetting terrorism, whatever their role, must be punished severely so that others are discouraged.
Re: Court Sentences Boko Haram's Ex-spokesperson To 3 Years In Prison by texazzpete(m): 6:56pm On Dec 06, 2011
the Boko Haram spokesman we all know is one fellow who calls himself 'Abu Qaqa', not this Konduga fellow that the SSS is parading around as the spokesman.
Do you folks need anyone to tell you that the 'Boko Haram' that carried out the suicide bombings on the UN building and the Police HQ is not the same criminal and intimidation agency that Ndume is alleged to be funding? What concerns suicide bombing with ANPP or PDP?

Sadly, the foolishness of Nigerians makes it too easy for the weak, ineffective Govt to lie to them.
Re: Court Sentences Boko Haram's Ex-spokesperson To 3 Years In Prison by success4(m): 7:03pm On Dec 06, 2011
Roflmao
Re: Court Sentences Boko Haram's Ex-spokesperson To 3 Years In Prison by lafuria1(m): 7:04pm On Dec 06, 2011
, but d charges didnt mention aidin and abetin terrorism. D terrorism act has been passed already so anybody found guilty wil face tough penalty nt 3yrs,
D charges b4 d court is really d prblm. Y did d SSS nt charge him 4 aidin d bombings rather 4 sum sms scam. Do u expect d judge 2 pass judgement base on terrorism charges of which it wasnt brought b4 it?
As some pple suspect, dis guy cud just be a delibrate decoy 2 make us believe d govt is workin.
Re: Court Sentences Boko Haram's Ex-spokesperson To 3 Years In Prison by Gbawe: 7:10pm On Dec 06, 2011
texazzpete:

the Boko Haram spokesman we all know is one fellow who calls himself 'Abu Qaqa', not this Konduga fellow that the SSS is parading around as the spokesman.
Do you folks need anyone to tell you that the 'Boko Haram' that carried out the suicide bombings on the UN building and the Police HQ is not the same criminal and intimidation agency that Ndume is alleged to be funding? What concerns suicide bombing with ANPP or PDP?

Sadly, the foolishness of Nigerians makes it too easy for the weak, ineffective Govt to lie to them.

No need to insult Nigerians when you don't have issues 100% correct either. Positions , in terrorist , militant and parimiltary groups, such as that held by Abu Qaqa, Cynthia White, Jomo Gbomo et al are easily transferable , from one person to the next, amongst those in the 'inner circle'. It could have been Konduga yesterday, someone else today and someone different tomorrow. Abu Qaqa is not necessarily a person per se as per the ideological make-up of those who accept that death , at any time, is an occupational hazard. "Abu Qaqa" is a position that may have different individuals deployed to man it even within a year.
Re: Court Sentences Boko Haram's Ex-spokesperson To 3 Years In Prison by olajide8(m): 7:37pm On Dec 06, 2011
Gross rubbish is it that theirs no law to fling him away for life the sentense is just 1 year 8 months the penial system of law which operates in the north is a gross injustice against the system in the south its not as extreme if he was found guilty in lagos he would have been sentensed to death our northern brothers and sisters have been cheating us since time in memorum and it still continues I said it in one of my posts that they were going to tell us that he was not emotionally stable hasn't it been confirmed that is nigeria for you rubish a country full of injustice and mans inhumanity to man after they have killed how many innocent people 3years is all he gets for being their spokes man and they are still bombing and killing innocent people.
Re: Court Sentences Boko Haram's Ex-spokesperson To 3 Years In Prison by Gbawe: 7:45pm On Dec 06, 2011
olajide_07:

Gross rubbish is it that theirs no law to fling him away for life the sentense is just 1 year 8 months the penial system of law which operates in the north is a gross injustice against the system in the south its not as extreme if he was found guilty in lagos he would have been sentensed to death our northern brothers and sisters have been cheating us since time in memorum and it still continues I said it in one of my posts that they were going to tell us that he was not emotionally stable hasn't it been confirmed that is nigeria for you rubish a country full of injustice and mans inhumanity to man after they have killed how many innocent people 3years is all he gets for being their spokes man and they are still bombing and killing innocent people.

This is merely paving the way for the even more ludicrous sentence (perhaps a fine) they will hand down to Ndume when/if he is found guilty.
Re: Court Sentences Boko Haram's Ex-spokesperson To 3 Years In Prison by olajide8(m): 7:46pm On Dec 06, 2011
Re: Court Sentences Boko Haram's Ex-spokesperson To 3 Years In Prison by olajide8(m): 7:52pm On Dec 06, 2011
@gbawe watch they would say as a senator of federal republic his distinguished and after through investigation he was being framed they would say the evidence was not sufficient and that the said SPOKES man has been proved to be emotionally unstable and his account was not admissable in court as sufficient evidence
Re: Court Sentences Boko Haram's Ex-spokesperson To 3 Years In Prison by ndigbo: 7:58pm On Dec 06, 2011
i didn't believe my eyes and ears when i read and heard that the spokes person for BOKO HARAM whom are responsible for Killing Hundreds was given only Three years to serve in SSS custody as Punishment! Can someone please tell me where we are Heading to, in this country of Ours
Re: Court Sentences Boko Haram's Ex-spokesperson To 3 Years In Prison by ngusvi: 8:00pm On Dec 06, 2011
The Nigerian US Virgin Islands Reunion Festival Invites all Nigerians and friends of Nigeria to our Annual Nigerian Reunion Festival 2012 .

This festival will take place on May 25th- 28th on the Beautiful US Islands of ST Thomas.
More details here @ www.nigerianusvifestival.com

See yall soon.
Re: Court Sentences Boko Haram's Ex-spokesperson To 3 Years In Prison by okosodo: 8:08pm On Dec 06, 2011
Nigeria is bleeped men
Re: Court Sentences Boko Haram's Ex-spokesperson To 3 Years In Prison by Vigilante: 8:09pm On Dec 06, 2011
Beaf is patiently waiting for someone to blame it on GEJ before he comments.
Re: Court Sentences Boko Haram's Ex-spokesperson To 3 Years In Prison by ibide(m): 8:15pm On Dec 06, 2011
Pls dont forget that the judge is a muslen whice qualify him automaticaly a boko-haram  .2 he is a member of P D p (people destroyers paty their job is to kill there is nothing new am not suprise muslem we go to heaven by killing & they are going to marry seven fat woman[sub][/sub]
Re: Court Sentences Boko Haram's Ex-spokesperson To 3 Years In Prison by Nobody: 8:21pm On Dec 06, 2011
wrong message. he will strike again and this time with more devastation. mark my words
Re: Court Sentences Boko Haram's Ex-spokesperson To 3 Years In Prison by adamabdul: 8:36pm On Dec 06, 2011
The guy was a political thug and was never a member of boko haram.Only fools wil believe he is a boko haram member
Re: Court Sentences Boko Haram's Ex-spokesperson To 3 Years In Prison by member479760: 9:04pm On Dec 06, 2011
just 3 yrs for grand felony!
Re: Court Sentences Boko Haram's Ex-spokesperson To 3 Years In Prison by Nobody: 9:23pm On Dec 06, 2011
Even d death of youth corpers could not motivate govt to file more serious charge against this dude. Nigeria is truly a strange planet where human lifes is worth no penny!
Re: Court Sentences Boko Haram's Ex-spokesperson To 3 Years In Prison by GboyegaD(m): 9:55pm On Dec 06, 2011
valacious:

Even d death of youth corpers could not motivate govt to file more serious charge against this dude. Nigeria is truly a strange planet where human lifes is worth no penny!

Truth!!!
Nigerians are just bunch of hypocrites and that is why it is very easy for the government to keep taking us as the FOOLS we are. We often times think we are wiser, making excuses for all sorts of nonsense and the wost of it is that we most times because of our SENTIMENTAL NATURE, shy away from the truth.
Re: Court Sentences Boko Haram's Ex-spokesperson To 3 Years In Prison by texazzpete(m): 10:00pm On Dec 06, 2011
Gbawe:

No need to insult Nigerians when you don't have issues 100% correct either. Positions , in terrorist , militant and parimiltary groups, such as that held by Abu Qaqa, Cynthia White, Jomo Gbomo et al are easily transferable , from one person to the next, amongst those in the 'inner circle'. It could have been Konduga yesterday, someone else today and someone different tomorrow. Abu Qaqa is not necessarily a person per se as per the ideological make-up of those who accept that death , at any time, is an occupational hazard. "Abu Qaqa" is a position that may have different individuals deployed to man it even within a year.

And how exactly can you say with 100% certainty that i'm incorrect. We do not know for sure if this guy was ever a Boko Haram spokesman or if he ever assumed the persona of Abu Qaqa. What we can safely say is that Konduga's statement painted a picture of a relatively benign gang (compared to the real Boko Haram) whose crimes were never in the same league as a suicide bombing of the UN building.

Remember that Konduga NEVER claimed he'd ever used the Abu Qaqa identity. He claimed to have called himself 'Al Zawahiri', remember?

As long as Nigerians do not realize that it's a long way from 'stop Modu Sherrif and ANPP folks from reclaiming power' to driving a honda CR-V into the lobby of the UN building in Abuja, we'll still remain foolish!  Hear the words of the so-called 'spokesman'

Umar, who spoke through an interpreter, explained that members of the group had a good working relationship with former Governor Sheriff, of the All Nigeria People’s Party (ANPP) until he fell out with the group after sacking a member of the group from his cabinet, a commissioner, who was later  murdered.

According to him, “Usman Al-Zawahiri is not my real name; it was given to me to portray me as an extremist and as well to conceal my true identity. We were political thugs to former Governor Sheriff until the relationship went sour. We switched over to the late Ambassador Pinda, who promised me N10 million to work for his political party, the PDP, in Borno State during the last elections.

What possible link would self-proclaimed political thugs have with suicide bombers?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Multi-billion Naira Mansion Of Adams Oshiomhole Revealed. / Jonathan In The Lead- INEC !!!! / President Buhari And Al-mustapha With Abacha When He Was Dying (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.