Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,117 members, 7,943,031 topics. Date: Saturday, 07 September 2024 at 11:21 PM

Billionaire Who Graduated From Secondary School At 36 Writes 4 Books. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Billionaire Who Graduated From Secondary School At 36 Writes 4 Books. (413 Views)

Yusuf Gagdi Gifts Daughter SUV For Graduating From Secondary School / Man Who Graduated With Third Class From OAU Discovers He’s A Genius In Canada / How Old Were You When You Graduated From Secondary School? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Billionaire Who Graduated From Secondary School At 36 Writes 4 Books. by AnambraPeople: 2:50pm On Aug 19
Billionaire Who Graduated from Secondary School at 36 Writes 4 Books.

Chairman of Neros Pharmaceuticals, Prof Poly Emenike has unveiled 4 books in lagos recently.

Even though Prof Emenike enrolled back in Secondary school at the age of 32,he went on to become a PHD holder,Havard Alumnus and not a Professor.

That is the reason the presidential candidate of Labour Party in 2023 election, Mr. Peter Obi, the managing director/editor-in-chief of The Sun Publishing Limited, Mr. Onuoha Ukeh, ex-managing director of Diamond Bank Plc, Mr. Emeka Onwuka, and others have commended the chairman/chief executive officer, Neros Pharmaceutical Limited, Prof. Poly Emenike, for his contributions to education and learning.

Speaking at the public presentation of four books written by Prof. Emenike in Lagos on Tuesday, they said, by publishing books, the author has provided resources for the enrichment of knowledge.

The books are: The Economic Trajectories of the Igbos After Nigeria-Biafra War: My Personal Perspective; The Mental Emancipation: How To Control Your Conscious and Subconscious Mind For Effective Performance; Shrines As Arbiters: Is Reserve The Case of Christianity in Igboland? and 15 Writing Principles on How to Be A Celebrated Author.

Obi praised Prof. Emenike for his dexterity in writing, saying that his books add value to the society.

Commenting on recent trending issues, where university students came to their graduation with expensive vehicles, Obi expressed fear that the next generation of graduates in Nigeria may not have any value to add for economic and political developments.

“If Professor Emenike left secondary school with such a big celebration or indulged in such a lifestyle, I don’t think he would have been able to be here today with such honour as an author, making impacts to his generation,” he said.

The former governor said that politicians should take the blame for what the university students who displayed ostentatious lifestyle at the graduation did.

Obi said: “Don’t blame those kids who are graduating with exotic cars. Instead, blame us (the politicians) who are showing them how to live. We have too many politicians in Nigeria without any enterprise. Any country where politicians are richer than businessmen and women, that country will collapse. So many politicians have no valuable story to tell their children.”

On his part, Ukeh said Prof. Emenike’s four books were “collectors’ items and academic works that would widen the horizon of readers and teach them life lessons that could be handy in everyday living.”

Stating that the books were based on the author’s “personal experience and research; not just an abstract,” he recommended them for “learning, research and scholarship.”

On the book entitled “The Mental Emancipation: How to Control Your Conscious and Subconscious Minds for Effective Performance,” The Sun’s MD said: “Of the four books, this is the only one not dwelling on personal experience and involvement of the author. It is a rich research work, which tasks the intellect on ‘mental emancipation.’ The book is a work that could only be understood easily by minds developed for critical thinking and reasoning, employing philosophy, guiding principle for behaviour and psychology.”

Ukeh, who was the books’ reviewer, advised potential and prospective authors to engage editors in the process of book-writing.

Commenting on Prof. Emenike’s ‘15 Writing Principles On How To Be A Celebrated Author,’ he said that engaging editors in book-writing was important because editors not only “cross the t’s, and dot the i’s, but also check spellings, grammar and facts.”

He said: “Great writers have editors and proudly so.”

Speaking also at the book launch, Mr. Emeka Onwuka said: “It gladdens my heart when I see great minds doing great works for humanity. Well, we have always done this, giving support to great minds like the professor, and shall continue to do so.

“Writing is not an easy task; it takes a determined heart to put thoughts together. If we can have more of Professor Emenike and people who are willing to read, and we apply what we read in practice, our society would be better off.

“Let everyone here give full support to good works like this. It’s by these great intellectual works that societies are developed.”

Earlier, in his welcome address, Prof. Emenike said: “This is the third in the series of my book presentation event held in this environment. The first was the presentation of my first book, titled, ‘Entrepreneurial Spirit’ through the 17 principles of Napoleon Hill, that took place on 26th November, 2014.

“The second was on 20th June, 2019, when my fifth book, ‘Think And Grow Rich: The African Perspective’, was unveiled. The two books were published under the auspices of Napoleon Hill Foundation, USA. The four books being presented today were, however, published in Nigeria under the stables of Entrepreneurial Spirit Publishing Company Limited (ESPC).”

On ‘Mental Emancipation: How To Control Your Conscious and Subconscious Mind For Effective Performance,’ he said the book would help readers to engage their brains optimally and use it to think themselves into achieving their hearts’ desires.

“I posited in the book that human minds work in very mysterious ways, it can be like a garden which, if effectively cultivated, would be fruitful and yield desired results; however; if left uncultivated or fallow, it gives room to several unwanted wastes to fester in it, hence, making the garden unfruitful. I advised we always take control of our mind (the garden), and ensure we cultivate it properly.”

On ‘Shrines as Arbiters: Is Reserve The Case of Christianity in Igboland?, he said the book was based on what he witnessed within his immediate and operational environment.

“The desire to write on this subject matter had occupied my mind over 20 years, before I eventually began to pen down my thoughts. The book exposes certain ills or abnormalities which exist in my immediate society. It should now be a matter of great concern to a society, the increasing rate at which people, especially young ones, have continued to embrace the services of various shrines or resorted to the worship of deities in various localities in their bids to achieve certain life ambitions,” he said.

On ‘The Economic Trajectories of The Igbos After Nigeria-Biafra War: My Personal Perspective,’’ he said, “I used this book to narrate resilient ways that most Igbos (millionaires and billionaires) today, past and present employed as they began and sustain their entrepreneurial journey and reached the peak of success in various business endeavours.”

Emenike, who urged Nigerians to read his books, equally advised everyone with vital life experiences (whether sweet or bitter) to always document such experiences in writing because they would be useful to someone, somewhere reading it, to even solving a contemporary problem. He added, “The benefits of committing things to writing, especially in book form, are innumerable.

“An important tip, which I have continued to share in my writing, is the need to always commit your life goals and objectives in writing, especially as the inspirations are received on a daily basis. Also, write down the likely strategies to achieve those goals and ensure they’re reviewed regularly. Do also read them aloud to yourself at least once a day,” he said.

https://anambrapeople.com.ng/2024/08/16/anambra-billionaire-who-graduated-from-secondary-school-at-36-writes-4-bookspeter-obi-attends/

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Tutorial / Where Are The Gurus / A Must Read For Everybody

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.