Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,186,499 members, 7,929,627 topics. Date: Friday, 23 August 2024 at 06:12 PM

Delta State To Demolish Commissioner's House For Blocking Waterways In Ughelli - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Delta State To Demolish Commissioner's House For Blocking Waterways In Ughelli (15413 Views)

Obaseki To Demolish Tony Kabaka's Hotel In 7 Days. Kabaka Dares Him (Video) / El-Rufai: Tanker Drivers Will Pay For Blocking Kaduna-abuja Road / APC ‘ll Pay Dearly For Blocking Me In Oyo – Minister Of Communication, Shittu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Delta State To Demolish Commissioner's House For Blocking Waterways In Ughelli by coputa(m): 5:31pm On Aug 22
The Delta State Government has earmarked for demolition, the house of Commissioner representing Isoko ethnic nationality at the Delta State Oil Mineral Producing Areas Development Commission, DESOPADEC, Hon Victor Egbo for building on a waterways in Ughelli North Local Government Area.

This was revealed Wednesday by the Director of Special Duties and Chairman of Task Force on the removal of illegal structures and recovery of government land, Chief Frank Omare during the exercise in Ughelli, Delta State.

Omare warned that the Sheriff Oborevwori administration will take on anyone obstructing the exercise across the state.

According to him: “We have come to open the water blocked area because so many houses have blocked the water channels and glad to tell Deltans that one of the top government officials, Chief Victor Egbo is among the houses that would be brought down for the duration the exercise will last in Ughelli.

“I am glad that he knows the policy of government and if the house of Last Mugu will be brought down because it is built on the waterways, we are not going to spare anyone.

“The exercise has just begun and there are more swamp buggies that are coming and for the period the exercise is going to last, the people of Ughelli should cooperate as we will and cannot compromise.

“The governor of Delta State, Rt Hon Sheriff Oborevwori, a very focused man has given us the directives and we will adhere strictly to the directives and we will not compromise them.

“I am pleading with Ughelli people never to bribe anybody, we are not compromising so that the water that is coming would not further destroy our properties because times are hard.

“We are not going to victimise anybody just as some house owners have done to the state government by building their houses inside water canals in other to block the flow of water.” He said.

On communities obstructing government activities, Omare emphasized that the Delta State government will not seek permissions from anybody being youth or community leadership to clear waterways.

“Importantly, the youths of Delta State, the community leaders, government cannot come and meet you to get permission from you to clear the waterway, we are not going to pay any kobo and we will not negotiate with it.

“And any youth or anybody that would want to stop the process we are going to visit that person, but I am glad that the people of Ughelli are cooperating.

“Those that had their buildings along the water channels, like the ShopFair should immediately remove them because when our Swamp Buggy comes, we will not look at anyone.” He warned.

Chairman of Ughelli North Local Government council, Olorogun Jaro Egbo also affirmed that exercise is part of his task of keeping Ughelli North clean and as the water is flowing, everywhere will be cleared.

“The task of keeping Ughelli North clean is a daily task and what is happening now is part of keeping the town clean and we have declared war on those trading and built on top of our drains for past one week.

“As it is now, we have declared a state of emergency on our drains, because all are blocked and we were shocked that ShopFair was built on top of the drain and that is why water is blocking that area.

Reacting to the news of the demolition of his building, Chief Victor Egbo said, I embraced the situation because I am a part and parcel of the MORE Agenda of government and as a commissioner, I should serve as an example.

“If I cannot lead for the rest to follow, it means I am setting a bad precedent for the people, it is painful but we must do what is right for our waterways to be cleared and opened to avoid flooding.

“I did not know that the building is on a water canal and when my attention was drawn to it, I have to call the Task Force Chairman, Frank Omare to come and remove it for the water to flow to its direction.

Today I am a victim because three of my buildings are affected but I have been assisting them by going around to show them where the water should flow as we cannot use our self-interest to punish others.

“Some of our buildings around the water canals are the major cause of the water rising during the rainy and flooding season and we cannot continue to punish the people.”
He added.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/08/delta-govt-to-demolish-commissioners-house-for-blocking-waterway-in-ughelli/

4 Likes

Re: Delta State To Demolish Commissioner's House For Blocking Waterways In Ughelli by Ennyjude(f): 5:33pm On Aug 22
Mind blowing

1 Like

Re: Delta State To Demolish Commissioner's House For Blocking Waterways In Ughelli by CyrusVI(m): 5:35pm On Aug 22
He should feel the heat and know what it looks like

11 Likes

Re: Delta State To Demolish Commissioner's House For Blocking Waterways In Ughelli by YouandiAllofus: 6:45pm On Aug 22
"Reacting to the news of the demolition of his building, Chief Victor Egbo said, I embraced the situation because I am a part and parcel of the MORE Agenda of government and as a commissioner, I should serve as an example.

“If I cannot lead for the rest to follow, it means I am setting a bad precedent for the people, it is painful but we must do what is right for our waterways to be cleared and opened to avoid flooding.
"

I like the fact that Mr. Victor Egbo has responded in good spirit.

This building would not have been marked for demolition if proper approval was obtained. Unless there are illegal means of obtaining building and construction approval which should be something the government must look into to prevent the reoccurrence of such loss because it is a loss to both the state and the individual.

The ministry of urban and rural planning should endeavor to carryout it's responsibilities with due diligence in regards to feasibility study and ensure a a system deviod of compromise when granting approval for buildings and constructions for private property owners and developers going forward.

6 Likes

Re: Delta State To Demolish Commissioner's House For Blocking Waterways In Ughelli by Hemanwel(m): 9:45pm On Aug 22
This is Delta State, Reno Omokri's State. You'll never hear him talk about the bad leadership and maladministration that has plagued his State for ages. You'll never hear him compare development in Lagos with his own State. Instead, it's Abia today, Anambra tomorrow, as if Delta State is better than any eastern State in terms of development.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Delta State To Demolish Commissioner's House For Blocking Waterways In Ughelli by chudez0147(m): 9:45pm On Aug 22
Olodo op

Delta State Commissioner's House For Blocking Waterways In Ughelli

2 Likes

Re: Delta State To Demolish Commissioner's House For Blocking Waterways In Ughelli by Antoeni(m): 9:46pm On Aug 22
Make Una Dey Play
Re: Delta State To Demolish Commissioner's House For Blocking Waterways In Ughelli by Melagros(m): 9:46pm On Aug 22
COMRADES are speechless, what kind of commissioner is this?
Re: Delta State To Demolish Commissioner's House For Blocking Waterways In Ughelli by IamtheTruth1(m): 9:48pm On Aug 22

4 Likes

Re: Delta State To Demolish Commissioner's House For Blocking Waterways In Ughelli by IMPARTIAL: 9:48pm On Aug 22
Please check your caption. Proofread before hitting the button
Re: Delta State To Demolish Commissioner's House For Blocking Waterways In Ughelli by Quelme: 9:49pm On Aug 22
Which kind headline be this.

4 Likes

Re: Delta State To Demolish Commissioner's House For Blocking Waterways In Ughelli by naijaguy1234(m): 9:53pm On Aug 22
Quelme:
Which kind headline be this.

Op might be high.

Re: Delta State To Demolish Commissioner's House For Blocking Waterways In Ughelli by wolesmile(m): 9:54pm On Aug 22
This headline, though.

Better edit it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Delta State To Demolish Commissioner's House For Blocking Waterways In Ughelli by Commanderinpips: 9:54pm On Aug 22

1 Like

Re: Delta State To Demolish Commissioner's House For Blocking Waterways In Ughelli by Tunjikam(m): 9:56pm On Aug 22
Have you thought about how much compensation he is going to receive from the government?.

coputa:

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2024/08/delta-govt-to-demolish-commissioners-house-for-blocking-waterway-in-ughelli/

1 Like

Re: Delta State To Demolish Commissioner's House For Blocking Waterways In Ughelli by Thazard(m): 9:57pm On Aug 22
chudez0147:
Olodo op

Omoo... I shock!

I read am over and over again. I con think say I no Sabi English again.

1 Like

Re: Delta State To Demolish Commissioner's House For Blocking Waterways In Ughelli by AZControversial(m): 10:00pm On Aug 22
undecided

I almost thought I didn't understand English anymore when I read the headline.
Re: Delta State To Demolish Commissioner's House For Blocking Waterways In Ughelli by GreenxGreen: 10:01pm On Aug 22
cool

What kind of incoherent HEADLINE is this 😡😡❌😡😡❌❌

Abeg make una edit this Headline now 🤬

The Headline come be like How Tinubu dey Cook Nigeria 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Re: Delta State To Demolish Commissioner's House For Blocking Waterways In Ughelli by Omoboricash(m): 10:01pm On Aug 22
chudez0147:
Olodo op

Guy i have to read the content before i could get the hradline meaning.
Re: Delta State To Demolish Commissioner's House For Blocking Waterways In Ughelli by Melagros(m): 10:02pm On Aug 22
COMRADES, this is commendable, nobody is above the law
Re: Delta State To Demolish Commissioner's House For Blocking Waterways In Ughelli by Rexymania(m): 10:06pm On Aug 22
Good

Lead by example
Re: Delta State To Demolish Commissioner's House For Blocking Waterways In Ughelli by alphaconde(m): 10:06pm On Aug 22
Lol

Them go later compensate am
Re: Delta State To Demolish Commissioner's House For Blocking Waterways In Ughelli by PheelzAlmighty: 10:07pm On Aug 22
That which is good for the goose is good for the gander grin
Re: Delta State To Demolish Commissioner's House For Blocking Waterways In Ughelli by oluseyiforjesus(m): 10:07pm On Aug 22
It could be beef or fight
Re: Delta State To Demolish Commissioner's House For Blocking Waterways In Ughelli by LillyandDaisy: 10:08pm On Aug 22
Waiting for the Developers
Re: Delta State To Demolish Commissioner's House For Blocking Waterways In Ughelli by manuelkel(m): 10:08pm On Aug 22
He has no choice.
Re: Delta State To Demolish Commissioner's House For Blocking Waterways In Ughelli by Ezedon(m): 10:08pm On Aug 22
Okay
Re: Delta State To Demolish Commissioner's House For Blocking Waterways In Ughelli by OgaTheTop2: 10:11pm On Aug 22
smiley
Re: Delta State To Demolish Commissioner's House For Blocking Waterways In Ughelli by Kokomaster69: 10:11pm On Aug 22
YouandiAllofus:
"Reacting to the news of the demolition of his building, Chief Victor Egbo said, I embraced the situation because I am a part and parcel of the MORE Agenda of government and as a commissioner, I should serve as an example.

"

I like the fact that Mr. Victor Egbo has responded in good spirit.

This building would not have been marked for demolition if proper approval was obtained. Unless there are illegal means of obtaining building and construction approval which should be something the government must look into to prevent the reoccurrence of such loss because it is a loss to both the state and the individual.

The ministry of urban and rural planning should endeavor to carryout it's responsibilities with due diligence in regards to feasibility study and ensure a a system deviod of compromise when granting approval for buildings and constructions for private property owners and developers going forward.

The governor already settled him very well behind the scene. Why are Nigerian politicians so deceitful ?
Since 1999 till date, no Nigerian politician has ever been truthful to us. Na wao

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Primate Ayodele To Igbo: Forget 2023 Presidency / Parents Of Students Of Kaduna Forestry College Sing Praises To God After Freedom / FG Rakes In N1.8trn In 6 Months –FIRS

Viewing this topic: Sonyboom765 and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.