Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,955 members, 7,903,068 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 July 2024 at 11:42 PM

Are We Wrong About President Goodluck Jonathan? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are We Wrong About President Goodluck Jonathan? (9262 Views)

Poll: Are We?

Yes: 57% (63 votes)
No: 42% (46 votes)
This poll has ended

See The 3 Things Nigerians Got Wrong About Oshiomhole’s Wife / What Qualities Do You Like About President Goodluck Jonathan? / Sadest Places To Live On Earth, Why Forbes May Be Wrong About Nigeria [picture] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are We Wrong About President Goodluck Jonathan? by executinal(m): 3:29pm On Dec 07, 2011
GEJ is the right person in that position now, how i wish Buhari won that election, by now people that are criticizing GEJ could have been signing praise for GEJ. All GEJ need is our prayer and support, he will perform to our expectation. watch and see.
Re: Are We Wrong About President Goodluck Jonathan? by Nobody: 3:33pm On Dec 07, 2011
typical abokis.you will introduce,sponsor and pity boko haram,and at the same time you will expect Goodluck Jonathan to perform?confused mofos!well,if the president performs,kudos to him but if he didn't?,no thanks to the northern boko boys!word!do you guys have any clue of how many foreign investors boko boys are driving away from the country?ride on GEJ,we're solidly behind you
Re: Are We Wrong About President Goodluck Jonathan? by vinceobe: 3:37pm On Dec 07, 2011
Those attacking GEJ are having ulterior motives.  GEJ himself said recently: "those attacking me know why they are doing so."  To eleborate, most of GEJ critics and cynics are doing so based on ethnicism, religious bigotry and other typical Nigerian primodial sentiments.  Some even detest the stark reality that a Niger Deltan and a minority is the President.  To them only Wazobian or nobody else! How do you expect miracle to be done after successive Wazobian governments have battered and butchered Nigeria in all ramifications.  The foundation is faulty only a demolition and strong structural foundation can make the difference. In any case, all he needs  from us to, at least try,  are change of heart and prayers.
Re: Are We Wrong About President Goodluck Jonathan? by filjc(m): 3:46pm On Dec 07, 2011
Give goodluck time. I have the highest optimism and expectation that all will be well eventually. long live Nigeria.
Re: Are We Wrong About President Goodluck Jonathan? by Teminio: 4:13pm On Dec 07, 2011
To answer the poster straight away and of course in my opinion which I'm entitle to, we are very wrong to have "elected" Jonathan as the president given his antecedent before the April 2011 election; only time will vindicate this position and reveal the extent of our error as a people.
Sadly, the error did not happen just now; we have always been getting it wrong because we easily allow sentiment and mundane reasons such as religion, ethnicity etc to determine our leaders.
Re: Are We Wrong About President Goodluck Jonathan? by Nobody: 4:18pm On Dec 07, 2011
vinceobe:

Those attacking GEJ are having ulterior motives.  GEJ himself said recently: "those attacking me know why they are doing so."  To eleborate, most of GEJ critics and cynics are doing so based on ethnicism, religious bigotry and other typical Nigerian primodial sentiments.  Some even detest the stark reality that a Niger Deltan and a minority is the President.  To them only Wazobian or nobody else! How do you expect miracle to be done after successive Wazobian governments have battered and butchered Nigeria in all ramifications.  The foundation is faulty only a demolition and strong structural foundation can make the difference. In any case, all he needs  from us to, at least try,  are change of heart and prayers.
spot on.they believe the only people capable of ruling are the likes of buhari, ibb, obasanjo.the same people who have been ruling us since time immemorial that brought us to this sorry state.
Re: Are We Wrong About President Goodluck Jonathan? by eghost247(m): 4:19pm On Dec 07, 2011
is it just me or has any other president of Nigeria been criticized like GEJ
Re: Are We Wrong About President Goodluck Jonathan? by kurus: 4:29pm On Dec 07, 2011
Re: Are We Wrong About President Goodluck Jonathan? by dayokanu(m): 4:34pm On Dec 07, 2011
eghost247:

is it just me or has any other president of Nigeria been criticized like GEJ

People criticized OBj more especially his own SW people
Re: Are We Wrong About President Goodluck Jonathan? by dayokanu(m): 4:36pm On Dec 07, 2011
Beaf:

In the first place, it is wrong to insult a sitting President, he represents every Nigerian, so those who needlessly insult him think nothing of disrespecting themselves. Perhaps, because they amount to little that can be respected. Atiku, Ciroma, Kaita, IBB and the other members of the bat and vulture gang started the the ball of insults rolling, but it is easy to see what they represent.

Most of those who abuse GEJ, only do it because they themselves feel inadequate or because they are ill-bred, mannerless pieces of dung best avoided by the sane; the rest do it because they think it is a cool fad, but it isn't cool to be an immoral scarab rolling shiit around.

No Nigerian President has ever accomplished as much as GEJ has in such a short time; his tenure promises to turn the country around. It is only natural that the forces of previous times will be angry.

It is wrong to insult a sitting president but right to insult a Past president like you have always done on this forum?

See Hypocrisy
Re: Are We Wrong About President Goodluck Jonathan? by brainpulse: 4:49pm On Dec 07, 2011
I think Goodluck is the best president we have. He should do more by increasing tax to 60%, increasing fuel to 500 /litres and also increase PHCN tarrif, and import duty so that we can have more money for development. Also the allowance of the state govenors and senators should be increase so that it will increase there morals to serve us better. Goodluck for me . singing with half cup of gari, Goodluck for you, Goodluck for everybody, \pls let me drink my gari and hope for the development.
Re: Are We Wrong About President Goodluck Jonathan? by brainpulse: 4:52pm On Dec 07, 2011
Infact we should give him time as we gave IBB, OBJ, YARADUA because God has given us so much time to be suffer man. I like that so that so many people will die for bad health system and bad roads and they will go to nheaven. Goodluck should go for third term. Abi Uncle Beaf the Dude
Re: Are We Wrong About President Goodluck Jonathan? by Dele99: 4:55pm On Dec 07, 2011
kurus:

no other president has been crticised like gej. all this bad belle people and their jihadist, northern-bigotric sentiments. buhari has no clue of what it takes 2 rule in d 21st century. a mman who has no idea of secondary or university education, no knowledge of computers and modern technology, a cattle rearer who thinks his bigoted ethnic sentiments will solve our issues.
[b]
Nigerians can be so sentimental! They accuse GEJ of talking from both sides of his mouth when they are worse. At some point they'll say our problems were created by our past leaders and the next moment this same leaders will be named as our past heroes. As mentioned earlier by someone do we really expect a miracle to happen overnight? cleaning up the mess heaped for over fifty years to be cleaned within one year or even one tenure(four years) expecting such miracle because we have a scapegoat show how hypocritical we are. Since independence GEJ has been given the least support by the people,he has received more criticism at such a short time than monumental failures like IBB,OBJ and so many others. It amazes me that at this 21st century Nigerians still find it difficult to see the real picture. do we need an astrologer or a philosopher or even a prophet to tell us that there is a concerted effort by  some sore losers to sabotage his efforts. Most Nigerians always see themselves as the smartest but in reality they are not, as usual he might get his deserved recognition after leaving office.[/b]
Re: Are We Wrong About President Goodluck Jonathan? by brainpulse: 4:59pm On Dec 07, 2011
I trust the whites they can not condone this nonsence and give dem time sydrome of a black man still dieing in poverty. Change is never a matter of Time, but a matter of vision, will, desperation those that are couragous bit time for necessary changes-matin luther.
Re: Are We Wrong About President Goodluck Jonathan? by peleson: 5:02pm On Dec 07, 2011
Listen my fellow Nigerians, GEJ till date remains the best Nigeria president.
* Stopping of BA?
* Stopping of same sex marriage ?

This man has a cool gut , giving Nigeria a Sovereign outlook in the committee of nations,

Nigeria foreign affairs is commendable, 1st of it's kind
Re: Are We Wrong About President Goodluck Jonathan? by brainpulse: 5:02pm On Dec 07, 2011
Dele99:

[b]
Nigerians can be so sentimental! They accuse GEJ of talking from both sides of his mouth when they are worse. At some point they'll say our problems were created by our past leaders and the next moment this same leaders will be named as our past heroes. As mentioned earlier by someone do we really expect a miracle to happen overnight? cleaning up the mess heaped for over fifty years to be cleaned within one year or even one tenure(four years) expecting such miracle because we have a scapegoat show how hypocritical we are. Since independence GEJ has been given the least support by the people,he has received more criticism at such a short time than monumental failures like IBB,OBJ and so many others. It amazes me that at this 21st century Nigerians still find it difficult to see the real picture. do we need an astrologer or a philosopher or even a prophet to tell us that there is a concerted effort by  some sore losers to sabotage his efforts. Most Nigerians always see themselves as the smartest but in reality they are not, as usual he might get his deserved recognition after leaving office.[/b]

You have succeded in spitting rubbish. Those that die every day from hunger will clap for you abi.
Re: Are We Wrong About President Goodluck Jonathan? by ujchief(m): 5:04pm On Dec 07, 2011
The aim of this thread is to express solidarity for a dull presido who is full of inaction. If he was performing, there wuldnt be any doubts left in anyone's mind. Less than a year my foot! The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step, Gej hasnt taken any bold step towards dozens of problems facing this country. Hes just marking time!
Re: Are We Wrong About President Goodluck Jonathan? by Pukkah: 5:10pm On Dec 07, 2011
@richy:

@pukkah wetin concern u.I fink u run , crazy@rolchi i fink u too get virus for head.?

People like you are even a major problem in this country.  You are one of the problems that we are telling the President to solve.  You represent the worst of today's youth - rude, ill-trained, and uncouth. You also seem not to understand the impact of the words you use let alone understand the underlying issues on which the President is being tackled.

Let me ask you: why did you post the following:

@richy:

I swear that fuckin mumu you call mister goodluck can do nothing dan bleep all youth.he is eleribu**

Take a deep breath and think through every word of your badly spelt and poorly punctuated statements.  What does it mean?  Are you sure you are mature enough to understand the import of the issues at stake?

Do you think it's fashionable to abuse and curse the President? Is that the sign of a well-bred person?  Is this the best way to address whatever issues you may have against him?

Mind you, I am not one of those who think that the President has performed.
Re: Are We Wrong About President Goodluck Jonathan? by umarabu(m): 5:12pm On Dec 07, 2011
IS IT TRUE THAT GEJ IS BOY TO HELERE CLINTON AND OBAMA?
the answer most be yes
Re: Are We Wrong About President Goodluck Jonathan? by Dele99: 5:13pm On Dec 07, 2011
brainpulse:

You have succeded in spitting rubbish. Those that die every day from hunger will clap for you abi.

Thanks for reminding me that death as result of hunger started with the emergence of GEJ as president. So the problems of Nigeria started about two years ago.
Re: Are We Wrong About President Goodluck Jonathan? by dayokanu(m): 5:15pm On Dec 07, 2011
umarabu:

IS IT TRUE THAT GEJ IS BOY TO HELERE CLINTON AND OBAMA?
the answer most be yes

Evidence below

Re: Are We Wrong About President Goodluck Jonathan? by dayokanu(m): 5:16pm On Dec 07, 2011
kurus:

+1,000,000

Most people blaming GEJ are thinking with their anus. A man who has spent 7 months in office and you are expecting him to fix 50 years of decay in a dysfunctional country like Nigeria!

7 months?

Quick question

Who was Nigerias President 12 months ago?
Re: Are We Wrong About President Goodluck Jonathan? by kurus: 5:22pm On Dec 07, 2011
Re: Are We Wrong About President Goodluck Jonathan? by KA24DETT(m): 5:35pm On Dec 07, 2011
From the comment i have been reading ,, Nigerians have not suffered enough. They need to suffer more.
@BEAF , When a President is working, u dont need to debate it. You will see it. You will feel the CHANGE IN THE AIR.  Jonathan has been the governor of bayelsa for more than 4 yrs and noone knew of any major change he brought to that state. Absolutely nothing. He was scared to take charge of the helms of the country during the yaradua crisis. Jonathan is not a fighter, he is a push-around.  He says something today and he retracts it tomorrow. Is that the person you all think is gona move this country forward. Pathetic.  He should have used the boko haram crisis to prove to the people that he is a serious president, clamped down on the sponsors, get them tried and darn the consequences. All we get is AMNESTY FOR BOKOHARAM. This is the group that killed thousands of people and youth corpers and you are offering amnesty.  Obviously, the sponsors now knows that u are not a strong man so that gives them the zeal to ramp up their effort to de-stabilize the country.
Abraham lincoln was assasinated during the american civil war because the southern states didnt want to abolish slavery and wanted to cede away from the union. Lincoln refused and stood grounds and was in contact with the commanders on the front line everyday till he was assasinated.  Abraham lincoln is regarded by most scholars as, if not the greatest US president.
A president that wants to change nigeria has to be mean, would make lots of enemies, would be hated by those at the top who has been benefitting from the rot in the system. He might not survive the tenure cus  when you fight corruption, corruption fights back.
So my people, Do you think Mr president can fight corruption?? Taking the easy way out in every scenario wouldnt get us far, instead of auditing NNPC and finding out what our actual daily consumption , u take the easy way out and remove subsidy cus u dont want to piss off your backers who are exploiting the system. TO the fuel importers, subsidy or no subsidy, they would still rape the system and get what they want.  Instead of bringing the bokoharam backers to the court of law, you rather offer amnesty and hire israeli to protect you and your family and f**** eveybody else .
Nigerians need to suffer more and more so then when someone throws in their hat for the presidential race, we would ask questions and  ask for their performance history, We not there mentally yet , till then, we deserve all the rape and abuse that the leaders are heaping onto us.  The moto "GOD DEY, GOD GO PURNISH THEM" has to change
Re: Are We Wrong About President Goodluck Jonathan? by lafuria1(m): 5:55pm On Dec 07, 2011
The U.S economic crisis was caused by bush administration and obama promised 2 help. Today d pple are blamin obama 4 nt fixing d prblm and 4goten weda bush was ever d president dat caused it.
D reason gej is gettin more criticism is becos pple are gettin more aware abt d activities of d govt unlike d past years. Pple fustrations are growin and surely take it out on d sittin president.
Sme pple here see blamin gej or his govt 4 anytin is an act of treason and disloyalty. Does gej thinks simply becos he is d president pple wont critizes or insult him? Even d late president go same treatment so y shld his own b diff. D burden of leadership is on him, he shld be able use d powers he has 4 gud.
Re: Are We Wrong About President Goodluck Jonathan? by dmainboss: 6:05pm On Dec 07, 2011
KA24DETT:

From the comment i have been reading ,, Nigerians have not suffered enough. They need to suffer more.
@BEAF , When a President is working, u dont need to debate it. You will see it. You will feel the CHANGE IN THE AIR.  Jonathan has been the governor of bayelsa for more than 4 yrs and noone knew of any major change he brought to that state. Absolutely nothing. He was scared to take charge of the helms of the country during the yaradua crisis. Jonathan is not a fighter, he is a push-around.  He says something today and he retracts it tomorrow. Is that the person you all think is gona move this country forward. Pathetic.  He should have used the boko haram crisis to prove to the people that he is a serious president, clamped down on the sponsors, get them tried and darn the consequences. All we get is AMNESTY FOR BOKOHARAM. This is the group that killed thousands of people and youth corpers and you are offering amnesty.  Obviously, the sponsors now knows that u are not a strong man so that gives them the zeal to ramp up their effort to de-stabilize the country.
Abraham lincoln was assasinated during the american civil war because the southern states didnt want to abolish slavery and wanted to cede away from the union. Lincoln refused and stood grounds and was in contact with the commanders on the front line everyday till he was assasinated.  Abraham lincoln is regarded by most scholars as, if not the greatest US president.
A president that wants to change nigeria has to be mean, would make lots of enemies, would be hated by those at the top who has been benefitting from the rot in the system. He might not survive the tenure cus  when you fight corruption, corruption fights back.
So my people, Do you think Mr president can fight corruption?? Taking the easy way out in every scenario wouldnt get us far, instead of auditing NNPC and finding out what our actual daily consumption , u take the easy way out and remove subsidy cus u dont want to piss off your backers who are exploiting the system. TO the fuel importers, subsidy or no subsidy, they would still violation the system and get what they want.  Instead of bringing the bokoharam backers to the court of law, you rather offer amnesty and hire israeli to protect you and your family and f**** eveybody else .
Nigerians need to suffer more and more so then when someone throws in their hat for the presidential race, we would ask questions and  ask for their performance history,  We not there mentally yet , till then, we deserve all the violation and abuse that the leaders are heaping onto us.  The moto "GOD DEY, GOD GO PURNISH THEM" has to change

You just gave yourself up man.

1. You dont live in Naija. You are a runaway. Jonathan was not governor for 4 years
2. GEJ should have taken charge during the Yaradua saga? Really? Was he a military general or are we no more in a democracy? You blew it guy!
3. He should just jail Boko Haram sponsors? Really? Please can you help us with the list of sponsors you have gathered and the evidence that they are sponsors? Can you forward it to SSS office please? You think they give Boko Haram and their sponsors ID cards? Some Nigerians are just too daft! Ode
4. Or maybe u live in Naija but ur problem is that you are an example of our failed educational system

la furia:

The U.S economic crisis was caused by bush administration and obama promised 2 help. Today d pple are blamin obama 4 nt fixing d prblm and 4goten weda bush was ever d president dat caused it.
D reason gej is gettin more criticism is becos pple are gettin more aware abt d activities of d govt unlike d past years. Pple fustrations are growin and surely take it out on d sittin president.
Sme pple here see blamin gej or his govt 4 anytin is an act of treason and disloyalty. Does gej thinks simply becos he is d president pple wont critizes or insult him? Even d late president go same treatment so y shld his own b diff. D burden of leadership is on him, he shld be able use d powers he has 4 gud.

Guy I do agree with some of your points especially the fact that a sitting president will always take the heat. But when you see criticism coming from objective sources, you know it. No one ever faulted Gani;s criticisms because it was clear that it was genuine. The criticisms coming from ACN and the South west and from CPC are partisan and tribal! we can all see it clearly
Re: Are We Wrong About President Goodluck Jonathan? by ziccoit: 6:32pm On Dec 07, 2011
It is a purulent fallacy to say GEJ's govt is too young to be judged. What time does he need? What experience does he need to gather? 8 yrs as gov/dep gov + 4 yrs as president/ vice president. Now 7 month into his mandate.
Having spent 12 years in various leadership capacities one expect him to hit the ground running.
The simple fact about Mr presido is that he's too poor and empty to effect any change whatsoever in the lives of Nigerian. The much criticized OBJ would 1billionth times better than him by the time he left the office.
Re: Are We Wrong About President Goodluck Jonathan? by Enice(m): 6:40pm On Dec 07, 2011
The title or wordings of your post is very wrong. Using the word WE means a group. Count me out of that group. You can be wrong about GEJ but i am not. Although i did not vote for him, He is the best thing that has ever happen to our dear country. If you open your minds eye without prejudice, you will agree with me
Re: Are We Wrong About President Goodluck Jonathan? by KA24DETT(m): 7:51pm On Dec 07, 2011
dmainboss:

You just gave yourself up man.

1. You dont live in Naija. You are a runaway. Jonathan was not governor for 4 years
2. GEJ should have taken charge during the Yaradua saga? Really? Was he a military general or are we no more in a democracy? You blew it guy!
3. He should just jail Boko Haram sponsors? Really? Please can you help us with the list of sponsors you have gathered and the evidence that they are sponsors? Can you forward it to SSS office please? You think they give Boko Haram and their sponsors ID cards? Some Nigerians are just too daft! Ode
4. Or maybe u live in Naija but your problem is that you are an example of our failed educational system

Guy I do agree with some of your points especially the fact that a sitting president will always take the heat. But when you see criticism coming from objective sources, you know it. No one ever faulted Gani;s criticisms because it was clear that it was genuine. The criticisms coming from ACN and the South west and from CPC are partisan and tribal! we can all see it clearly

You have to learn to put your point across without resorting to insult and demeaning statements. I put up a constructive criticism of how our president is running things the wrong way, What you should have done as an educated guy (I assume) Is to prove to me why you think he's making the right moves. If it sounds convincing enough , I might end up supporting mr. President. Okay fine, Jonathan didn't stay 4 yrs, you won that part, but did he show the people of bayelsa dividends of democracy? Do they look back and think of Jonathan as someone that made a visible impart in their life? That's the message am trying to put across. On the point of Jonathan and the events following yaradua death (RIP); it seems like Jonathan was not intersted in ruling the country. Remember everyone was saying on how Jonathan should be handed power over including W.Soyinka and the save Nigeria group (SNG). Yaradua and Tutsi kitchen cabinets were trying so hard to stay in power and Jonathan didn't do nothing. I don't expect him to pull a dictatorship on us.
The question is, would you allow the president to run your household the way he is running Nigeria?.
Pls tone down on the insults cus it gets us no where. We should be channeling our angers to the leaders that are rubbing us blind and not go along with their divide And conquer tactics they been using on us.
Re: Are We Wrong About President Goodluck Jonathan? by KA24DETT(m): 8:12pm On Dec 07, 2011
In every democracy, there would always be criticism towards the president, it does not mean we do not wish good to him . It means we know he can do more and we expect him to do more.
For those saying that there are powers out there to sabotage Jonathan, you have to realize that he is the president, he has the final way in most matters, he is the number 1 man in Nigerian and nobody is above him . With the power vested onto him by our constitution ( including me and you lining up 8 hours to vote for him ). He should exercise those power and bring these people that are hell- bent on making Nigeria a suburb of hell. Some families lost their son and daughters working as youth corpers to get him elected . I believe that the president wishes good for our country but the problem is that the people that helped him and sponsored him into power are the ones making money with the status quo. Mr president being someone that's not cool with stepping on toes, allows the status-quo to remain. He can't trim the government, he cant tackle the fraud going on with the fuel subsidy. So who do we turn to?
Re: Are We Wrong About President Goodluck Jonathan? by Nobody: 8:17pm On Dec 07, 2011
This guy can fix nothing in this country. It is a shame some people think he can.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Insurgency War Won, Buratai Declares / Not Even America Can Defeat Nigeria In A War Now..... / Reps Summon Adeosun, Emefiele Over Budget Saga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.