Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,510 members, 7,965,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 03 October 2024 at 07:08 AM

Are We Wrong About President Goodluck Jonathan? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are We Wrong About President Goodluck Jonathan? (9316 Views)

Poll: Are We?

Yes: 57% (63 votes)
No: 42% (46 votes)
This poll has ended

See The 3 Things Nigerians Got Wrong About Oshiomhole’s Wife / What Qualities Do You Like About President Goodluck Jonathan? / Sadest Places To Live On Earth, Why Forbes May Be Wrong About Nigeria [picture] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are We Wrong About President Goodluck Jonathan? by dmainboss: 8:25pm On Dec 07, 2011
^^^Ok, fair enough, i will tone it down and lets discuss.

Like I said in my last post, every leader can be and should be criticized. But what is going on right now is not just the regular criticism of a leader but a calculated political plan to wrest power. And it is definitely not in the interest of the masses. Do you think if Mr President was from the South West or the North the criticism would have been the same? Absolutely NO!

Secondly, how do you criticize a man who is trying to start. Imagine the criticisms started pouring in when he had not even setup his cabinet. That is a not objective criticism but partisan.

On the issue of Boko Aram, terrorism is a very complex issue. You dont just go and start arresting people without evidence. It took he US ten years to track down Bin Laden, even with all their sophistication. They couldnt eradicate terrorism, from Iraq. It is not as simple as some of you make it sound. David Mark was on point when he attacked the Northern leaders over their silence on the terrorism in the North. If they dont bring their cultural influence to bear on it, it will not stop. It took the elders of the Niger Delta to bring the boys to order. The amnesty program would not have worked without the input of the elders. But the Northern elders do not care or maybe some are even happy with what is going on. So its a difficult situation.  GEJ needs time and can only truly be criticized over time. so far, his moves are very very good for Nigeria. The manifestations take time
Re: Are We Wrong About President Goodluck Jonathan? by Dele99: 8:27pm On Dec 07, 2011
dmainboss:

You just gave yourself up man.

1. You dont live in Naija. You are a runaway. Jonathan was not governor for 4 years
2. GEJ should have taken charge during the Yaradua saga? Really? Was he a military general or are we no more in a democracy? You blew it guy!
3. He should just jail Boko Haram sponsors? Really? Please can you help us with the list of sponsors you have gathered and the evidence that they are sponsors? Can you forward it to SSS office please? You think they give Boko Haram and their sponsors ID cards? Some Nigerians are just too daft! Ode
4. Or maybe u live in Naija but your problem is that you are an example of our failed educational system

Guy I do agree with some of your points especially the fact that a sitting president will always take the heat. But when you see criticism coming from objective sources, you know it. No one ever faulted Gani;s criticisms because it was clear that it was genuine. The criticisms coming from ACN and the South west and from CPC are partisan and tribal! we can all see it clearly

You said it all #GBAM.most of these critics are pure tribalist that only rate performance based on ethnicity
Re: Are We Wrong About President Goodluck Jonathan? by Pukkah: 8:29pm On Dec 07, 2011
^^Those people were not tribalists when they were demanding that Jonathan should be declared President when Yar'adua was incapacitated?
Re: Are We Wrong About President Goodluck Jonathan? by benzion72(m): 8:35pm On Dec 07, 2011
My people proverb says "A good morning points to a better night" GEJ policy from the world go is anti people take for example:
1.   PHCN are ever dead, but GEJ approve increase in tarrifs from N4 to N7 and staff salary
2.   Bad federal government road from Ibadan to Lagos, Ore to Benin, Ibadan Ilorin, Jeba Mokwa are all terrible road yet GEJ want to return Toll Gate to the    roads
3.   The worst is the Increment in the price of petroleum product, instead of getting refinery to work, we are importing fuel.

GEJ will be the last PDP president by God grace
Re: Are We Wrong About President Goodluck Jonathan? by KA24DETT(m): 8:37pm On Dec 07, 2011
Dele99:

You said it all #GBAM.most of these critics are pure tribalist that only rate performance based on ethnicity

Guy , am an Aba boy, born and raised, So cool down guy,.
Re: Are We Wrong About President Goodluck Jonathan? by Guardian(m): 8:47pm On Dec 07, 2011
To be or not the be ?

Leadership is not the problem. The people from whom the leaders gain their power are the problem. - a.e 1999

Leadership stems from the society. Who makes the society ? Nigerians.

When Nigerians change their mindset it all will fall in place.

For now What we get is what we want.

In Argentina they faced the same problem. This is what happened below. The leaders BEHAVED.

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bp1HrIStbVY?version=3&hl=en_US"[/flash]
Re: Are We Wrong About President Goodluck Jonathan? by jmaine: 8:56pm On Dec 07, 2011
The sad point of all the anti GEJ whiners is that GEJ is still the president and would ever be till 2015 . .irrespective of your desire to scream your lungs out  or cut out your tongues in the process of your engaging in blind cynicism . .

which to me is intriguing . . .
Re: Are We Wrong About President Goodluck Jonathan? by kbsheshe(m): 9:04pm On Dec 07, 2011
just wait and see,
Re: Are We Wrong About President Goodluck Jonathan? by LEXYLOV: 11:25pm On Dec 07, 2011
You guys are talking like if it is only GEJ that is rulling 9ja. The truth is that Nigeria is being running on daily basis by some certain clan, b4 any vote there is already a vote under it. The clan knows who to put and what to do. Don't be surprise that GEJ is just been a camouflage and the superior authority is somewhere giving order. It will take only popular uprising, Coups, or God intervention to get out of it.
Re: Are We Wrong About President Goodluck Jonathan? by Demdem(m): 12:11am On Dec 08, 2011
Amazing comments so far. Imagine some1 declaring that the retardeen has just been there for 7 months. Olodo rabata.

@ post.
Am not dissapointed. The retardeen failed miserably as a governor in bayelasa state. Infact thief alams did more than odeshuku. I don't expect him to stage any surprise so far at the national level. What I expect is what is going on presently which is business as usual.
Re: Are We Wrong About President Goodluck Jonathan? by DrummaBoy(m): 7:21am On Dec 08, 2011
By Feb'12 GEJ would hav been leading this nation, pray what is his scorecard
How long does a visionary convince skeptics
Re: Are We Wrong About President Goodluck Jonathan? by DrummaBoy(m): 7:24am On Dec 08, 2011
"hit d ground runnin" is now hitting the ground snoring
Its a sign of failure when a govt blames his woes on opponents
Re: Are We Wrong About President Goodluck Jonathan? by DrummaBoy(m): 7:31am On Dec 08, 2011
There is no drive in this govt; no political will
No govt is run on propaganda alone but by forceful visions
Re: Are We Wrong About President Goodluck Jonathan? by Nobody: 8:01am On Dec 08, 2011
Funny thing is all these Jona apoliogists blaming people for hating him based on ethnicity are actually supporting him on that same basis. This man is a weakling, otherwise how can a sitting president blame some people for his inadequacies - a president? This is unfortunate! He is the biggest cajona, the baddest 'gaddem' muthafocka in this country who should determine who and who can Poo and who cannot. Nobody forced him to contest, therefore, if you want to hold that position you should be willing to do the required job or resign if you think you arent competent enough, but then that would apply to a man of integrity.
Re: Are We Wrong About President Goodluck Jonathan? by ndahbros1: 9:43am On Dec 08, 2011
@BEAF n all odas who denounce criticism of GEJ:
All of u ar fucking stupid!y can't I criticise someone who has d power to decide over 150 million Nigerians' fortunes?! As u guys feel he is workin and others feel he is not,why deny them d right to speak their minds witout casting them in d mold of treasonable felons. Do u luv Nigeria more than those who cry out for beta governance? Ar u closer to GEJ dan anyone here? I campaigned for d man n voted for him; I even contributed money then to make some pro-GEJ publications to counter d negative ones d opposition was spewing at him then. Plus, I come from d South-South if dat counts. So if we down here can't criticise him (not insult him though;there's a difference) who should?
Y demonise those who yearn for somtin beta from their govt? Do u read d criticisms against Obama ova d American economy, healthcare, foreign policy, etc. Does he say they attack him just cos they ar not of d same race with him? Does he lay d blame for d economic challenges on detractors? What of Netanyahu of Israel? Whole newspapers are devoted to criticizing him and his govt: does dat mean they hate him?
Y can't u put up wit simple criticism which is d hallmark of a democracy instead of insultin those who ar bold enough to demand better from GEJ?
He is not tryin. Period! Go to court if it pains u that we criticise him. Beafy Fool and Friends!
Re: Are We Wrong About President Goodluck Jonathan? by Nobody: 10:07am On Dec 08, 2011
Criticize constructively and intelligently not insultingly like a common agbero at least for the fact that you can use computer u must have acquired a level of education.
Re: Are We Wrong About President Goodluck Jonathan? by filjc(m): 10:32am On Dec 08, 2011
ndahbros1
[b]@BEAF n all odas who denounce criticism of GEJ:
All of u ar bleeping silly!y can't I criticise someone who has d power to decide over 150 million Nigerians' fortunes?! As u guys feel he is workin and others feel he is not,why deny them d right to speak their minds witout casting them in d mold of treasonable felons. Do u luv Nigeria more than those who cry out for beta governance? Ar u closer to GEJ dan anyone here? I campaigned for d man n voted for him; I even contributed money then to make some pro-GEJ publications to counter d negative ones d opposition was spewing at him then. Plus, I come from d South-South if dat counts. So if we down here can't criticise him (not insult him though;there's a difference) who should?
Y demonise those who yearn for somtin beta from their govt? Do u read d criticisms against Obama ova d American economy, healthcare, foreign policy, etc. Does he say they attack him just cos they ar not of d same race with him? Does he lay d blame for d economic challenges on detractors? What of Netanyahu of Israel? Whole newspapers are devoted to criticizing him and his govt: does dat mean they hate him?
Y can't u put up wit simple criticism which is d hallmark of a democracy instead of insultin those who ar bold enough to demand better from GEJ?
He is not tryin. Period! Go to court if it pains u that we criticise him. Beafy Fool and Friends!

The answer to your question is simple: Because you have decided to allow your frustration to make you ungovernable by turning into a nagging impatient out of touch critic and also everyother Nigerian who look at things from the right perspective. Just stop and think again and you will understand. I guess our next president has to be a magician. mtchww!
Re: Are We Wrong About President Goodluck Jonathan? by ndahbros1: 10:59am On Dec 08, 2011
@ filjc:
The answer to your question is simple: Because you have decided to allow your frustration to make you ungovernable by turning into a nagging impatient out of touch critic and also everyother Nigerian who look at things from the right perspective. Just stop and think again and you will understand. I guess our next president has to be a magician. mtchww!

Ur intellectual inadequacy is manifest: who determines d right perspective for everybody? Do I determine for u wen u feel he is trying? Do I ask u y u hold such position?is it not a direct result of ur subjective assessment? Y wud u determine wat is right for me wen I say he is not workin? You want to police my tots? Idiotic praise-singer like u who cannot dissect issues witout resoting to d mundane. Now let me tell u, as u don't know: wen Jacob Zuma was president of South Africa, his greatest critic was his younger brother, a journalist.cud u hv understood dat if it were Nigeria? Wud bigots like urself not kill d younger brother and term him bad-belle for criticising his own brother?
Let me hear word abeg! U guys ar a sorry reminder of d military era where everyone must sing d praise of d maximum ruler. bad news for u then:wake up!: this is a democracy where we can hv our dissenting views witout censorship.
Fascists!!!!
Re: Are We Wrong About President Goodluck Jonathan? by Demdem(m): 11:28am On Dec 08, 2011
The retardeen can't give what he does not have. He failed miserably has governor of bayelsa, why do u all think he will succeed as president? Na winch?to those who see this as insults, kiss my a.s.s
Re: Are We Wrong About President Goodluck Jonathan? by sweet9ja: 11:56am On Dec 08, 2011
Demdem:

The retardeen can't give what he does not have. He failed miserably has governor of bayelsa, why do u all think he will succeed as president? Na winch?to those who see this as insults, kiss my a.s.s
What do you, Demdem, have to give and what have you given? Where and how did GEJ failed as a governor?
GEJ is like a sea captain given the unenviable job of setting afloat a ship that ran aground, all those onboard must help him to succeed in his task.
I'm pretty sure that this man has a vision for Nigeria and that he will succeed.
Re: Are We Wrong About President Goodluck Jonathan? by ndahbros1: 1:00pm On Dec 08, 2011
Excerpt from Sweet9ja:
GEJ is like a sea captain given the unenviable job of setting afloat a ship that ran aground, all those onboard must help him to succeed in his task.
I'm pretty sure that this man has a vision for Nigeria and that he will succeed.

While u r entitled to ur own optimistic forecast, has it ever occurred to u dat all successive govts in Nigeria since 1979 have all said d same tin "dis country has been aground for a long while-give us time to try n set tins"? If for 30+ yrs now we ar still sayin Nig has been in a rut n each successive leader needs all d time in d world to study it before he can begin d task of governance proper, when will we hv serious leadership?
If a man does not hv a clue as to wat d country needs, why run for elections? It becomes more painful wen u hv been VP and acting President, and sunstantive President b4 dis tenure. Wat more those he need?y does he not audit nnpc instead of dis fuel subsidy?y did he not prosecute d past MD despite d damnin reports against him? Abeg, shun talk if u no know wetin to talk.
Once again,my personal opinion is dat GEJ rates poorly accordint to my scale.go hug transformer!
Re: Are We Wrong About President Goodluck Jonathan? by sweet9ja: 2:15pm On Dec 08, 2011
ndahbros1:

Excerpt from Sweet9ja:

While u r entitled to your own optimistic forecast, has it ever occurred to u dat all successive govts in Nigeria since 1979 have all said d same tin "dis country has been aground for a long while-give us time to try n set tins"? If for 30+ yrs now we ar still sayin Nig has been in a rut n each successive leader needs all d time in d world to study it before he can begin d task of governance proper, when will we hv serious leadership?
If a man does not hv a clue as to wat d country needs, why run for elections? It becomes more painful wen u hv been VP and acting President, and sunstantive President b4 dis tenure. Wat more those he need?y does he not audit nnpc instead of dis fuel subsidy?y did he not prosecute d past MD despite d damnin reports against him? Abeg, shun talk if u no know wetin to talk.
Once again,my personal opinion is dat GEJ rates poorly accordint to my scale.go hug transformer!
Like you rightfully said, I'm indeed entitled to be optimistic, but I don't see anything better in your argument. You sound bitter because the govt has decided to do away with the petro subsidy. Well, deregulation is oncourse, there is no going back. For all I know this govt will surely deliver and if you don't like it, go jump from 3rd mainland bridge.
Re: Are We Wrong About President Goodluck Jonathan? by profosahon: 2:28pm On Dec 08, 2011
Unfortunately,we have to be fair to this country Nigeria even if we are not fair to the people that make up the country.if Obasanjo flogged us with the cane of decisiveness,Jonathan would end up flogging us with Fangs of revolutions and confusion.
Re: Are We Wrong About President Goodluck Jonathan? by AbuMaryam1(m): 3:05pm On Dec 08, 2011
Why people are relating GEJ's failure to BH? This is a complete arrant nonsense, Boko haram started during Yar'adua and the then president has taken a bulk step to sustain them before he answer a call of nature.This Ade mume or retardeen has not done anything to deserve my appreciation.
Re: Are We Wrong About President Goodluck Jonathan? by Demdem(m): 3:32pm On Dec 08, 2011
sweet9ja:

What do you, Demdem, have to give and what have you given? Where and how did GEJ failed as a governor?

U will be surprise at what I do and how I impact peoples life in my own little way however since am not in public glare, I feel its none of ur f.ucking business. If u think the retardeen didn't fail as a governor, Abegi kindly highlight his numerous achievements while governor knowing fully ask that he was to use the several billions given to him monthly to better the lives of less than 2million people of his state then.
He may have visions and dreams but that is inadequate. Only if wishes are horses. My point is even if he has such dreams, its not in him neither is he capable of actualising those dreams. He is a good man and a good father but as president of Nigeria, he is a mistake and heavy disaster, at least for now.
Re: Are We Wrong About President Goodluck Jonathan? by Demdem(m): 3:40pm On Dec 08, 2011
sweet9ja:

Like you rightfully said, I'm indeed entitled to be optimistic, but I don't see anything better in your argument. You sound bitter because the govt has decided to do away with the petro subsidy. Well, deregulation is oncourse, there is no going back. For all I know this govt will surely deliver and if you don't like it, go jump from 3rd mainland bridge.

Likewise people like me are entitled to be realist. When we see good and responsible governance that leads by example, I will be the head of those that will praise such govt. Continue with ur optimistic look, its allowed, I was once such however I prefer to be a realist. And my realist instincts tells me that based on antecedents and present situation, odeshuku will probably be a disaster. This one I am also sure of.
Re: Are We Wrong About President Goodluck Jonathan? by Nobody: 5:34pm On Dec 08, 2011
Its funny when I see people say "GEJ doesn't know what he's doing. . . . he's slow" etc. LMAO . A man that doesn't know what is doing, but, immediately he became President his first trips were to Paul Biya and Youweri Mousevini-Two despots that intend to rule forever and keep their people in bondage till eternity? Then immediately he landed in Nigeria the first Bill forwarded to the Senate was not one for Job creation, Electricity production----or a solution to any of the billion problems befuddling his country---- ; HIS FIRST PROPOSED BILL WAS FOR TENURE ELONGATION.

This same GEJ doesn't know what he's doing, but during his days was when bombings became prevalent in Nigeria. First, He accused Raymond Dokpesi and IBB in the media, but absolved Henry Okah and MEND even though Intelligence Sources attested otherwise. In the end, what happened? Dokpesi became his campaign manager, IBB became "Like a father" to him and the rest is now history. Oh, lest I forget, South African Authorities still do not agree that Henry Okah had nothing to do with the October 1st bombings--- he's still in Prison there.

Fast-forward a bit; GEJ starts handing out National Awards like candy at a child's party. . . . even Police Chief Hafiz Ringim got a medal. The same Police Chief whom "Boko Haram" allegedly declared war on by attempting to kill and bomb his (Police) Headquarters?!!?

Now, read the following carefully: Pretend I'm the head of a Criminal Organization (because, really, thats all the Nigerian Government really is) if bombs are raining around my compound and the enemy is at the gate, the first person to get the axe (along with his family and loved ones) will be my Security Chief. He's a goner. EXCEPT, OF COURSE, I KNOW WHERE THE BOMBS ARE COMING FROM AND WHO'S RESPONSIBLE . . . Then, and only then, would I buy my Security Chief a home in Malibu, or in GEJ's case, adorn his chest with all kinds of glittering medals.

Aren't Nigerians baffled at the nonsensical, idiotic and totally bemusing explanations (I term them 'Insults') that the Nigerian Govt. has been giving her citizens and the world each time another bomb goes off? A dead man? A man with one arm? "Na we do am collect the money from Dokpesi"? These are what are being thrown in your faces and no one is asking any questions instead you guys are bickering over non-important issues like which tribe is more superior?!?!

The truth, as I see it, is simple: GEJ KNOWS MORE THAN HE'S TELLING US ABOUT THE BOMBINGS THAT HAVE BEEN OCCURRING. If not the current ones, but when they first started out he had to have known about them. This is clearly a script borrowed from the Abacha playbook of "Set off bombs then blame it on NADECO". Divert attention from more important issues.

Since GEJ became President,can you point to ONE, JUST ONE, Pro-people action that GEJ has taken?

I can rant on and on but I know some people are just blinded by tribalism, ignorance and sentiments and they won't see what I'm forwarding to them. GEJ is part of the cabal. This is what he knows as being "Head"; share the goodies of the land amongst friends, family and well-wishers. What were his achievements as Governor? Yet, he was forced down everyone's throats.

Well, 2012 is around the corner. I can't wait for all the action that is about to commence.
Re: Are We Wrong About President Goodluck Jonathan? by PHARMNNAJI(m): 5:45pm On Dec 08, 2011
I think GEJ mean well for Nigeria, however he is surrounded by people who he finds difficult to say no to their demands. This then means that he would most likely achieve less of his Transformation Agenda. I Think He cannot help the situation as he is also battling to get some persons to his came.
Re: Are We Wrong About President Goodluck Jonathan? by swiftycool(m): 6:03pm On Dec 08, 2011
sweet9ja:

This must be the dumbest thing I've heard all day, u R pretty sure a blockhead who has no real honest positive plan, has a vision for Nigeria? He never performed as governor, hasn't performed yet as a president should, makes stupid moves concerning the economy, increases govt. Spending and wastes yet tells us to sacrifice, keeps promising jobs 4 the youth who instead keep losing their daily bread cos of his dumb policies. And will gladly allow the economy of the nation be controlled by one Aboki monopolistic entrprenure to the detriment of other growing SMEs! Nonsense

Please tell me something GOOD this guy has achieved to impact your life or Shut d 4uk uP!
U sufferheads deserves the type of leaders u get! Hissssss
Re: Are We Wrong About President Goodluck Jonathan? by sweet9ja: 6:32pm On Dec 08, 2011
swiftycool:

This must be the dumbest thing I've heard all day, u R pretty sure a blockhead who has no real honest positive plan, has a vision for Nigeria? He never performed as governor, hasn't performed yet as a president should, makes silly moves concerning the economy, increases govt. Spending and wastes yet tells us to sacrifice, keeps promising jobs 4 the youth who instead keep losing their daily bread cos of his dumb policies. And will gladly allow the economy of the nation be controlled by one Aboki monopolistic entrprenure to the detriment of other growing SMEs! Nonsense

Please tell me something GOOD this guy has achieved to impact your life or Shut d 4uk uP!
U sufferheads deserves the type of leaders u get! Hissssss
I won't s join issue with you because, you obviously don't understand what debating is about.
Re: Are We Wrong About President Goodluck Jonathan? by ndahbros1: 7:49pm On Dec 08, 2011
@sweet9ja:
I won't s join issue with you because, you obviously don't understand what debating is about.

Y don't u just admit dat u don't hv anytin to say? As an apologist of GEJ, u shd hv gone beyond puerile and weak arguments to advance ONE SOLID point to sway us into agreein dat GEJ is tryin. If u are bereft of ideas, shut up n stop displayin ur ill-grasp of inappropriate sophism for everyone to see. Don't try to fool people wit vague, ambiguous statements witout any substantiation. U see people debate beautifully on TV and u tink its easy.
No let me read any silly post from u again if u hv not filled ur upstairs wit some ideas and sound arguments.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Buhari Coup Was Done In Ignorance- Lar / Battle Of Imagbon (the Anglo-ijebu War) 1892 / Photos: Absconded Abobaku Of Oni Responds Via Twitter. See Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.