Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,952 members, 7,890,142 topics. Date: Monday, 15 July 2024 at 09:56 AM

Who Has The Chance For Employment Between Male & Female - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Who Has The Chance For Employment Between Male & Female (1037 Views)

Sleeping With My Step-mum Seems To Be My Only Chance For Survival / 5 Worst Degrees With Lowest potential For Employment In nigeria / Under Pressure To Reduce My Age For Employment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Has The Chance For Employment Between Male & Female by babasony2k: 2:06pm On Dec 07, 2011
I overheard a discussion between a male and a female who were planning to attend an interview.
The male claims that employers are partial as they consider females before males while the female feel males have higher chances.
The discussion was so hot that I had no choice than to bring it to the floor. Who do you think is right and why?

BE THE JUDGE
Re: Who Has The Chance For Employment Between Male & Female by Freiburger(m): 2:14pm On Dec 07, 2011
It mostly depends on the nature of the job.
Re: Who Has The Chance For Employment Between Male & Female by babasony2k: 3:49pm On Dec 07, 2011
But there are some employer which simply prefer ladies because
they feel they were trust worthy. and most of the time they are simply disappointed by the
so called ladies
Re: Who Has The Chance For Employment Between Male & Female by AjanleKoko: 10:08am On Dec 14, 2011
I think the job market today favours women more than men.
More customer facing jobs are available today, as opposed to jobs requiring high level of skill, which is where you usually find the men.
Re: Who Has The Chance For Employment Between Male & Female by iice(f): 3:12pm On Dec 14, 2011
Chance for employment - Female
Job opportunities - Male
Re: Who Has The Chance For Employment Between Male & Female by marjo: 5:31pm On Dec 19, 2011
As a recruiter of labour, i have come to see that employment possibilities are a function of the job description for the role and not strictly based on gender. some jobs are female friendly e.g front end type jobs( personal assistants,client service). at times even in accounts females may be preferred because of a woman's perceived lesser preponderance for graft. in male oriented jobs eg engineering , architecture - a male may have the edge unless it is a desk job or a client facing one. i believe it is really a function of the job description. where none of the above is at play i would say females because they tend to be less likely to change jobs at the drop of a hat or rock the boat.

(1) (Reply)

Reprogramming Your Mind For Career Success / What Shd I Do? / Chartered Accountants In D Hs...pls Advice!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.