Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,932 members, 7,973,212 topics. Date: Saturday, 12 October 2024 at 11:13 AM

Musk's X Banned In Brazil After Disinformation Row - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Musk's X Banned In Brazil After Disinformation Row (11402 Views)

Israel Attack: How Elon Musk’s X Removed Hamas-linked Accounts Over EU Law / Iran’s All-female Police Squad Units Dragging Hijab Protestors To Death Row Pris / Trump Mocks Biden For The 14th Row Seat At The Queen's Funeral (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Musk's X Banned In Brazil After Disinformation Row by press9jatv: 12:00pm On Aug 31
The matter is still in the court of justice. X will be restored back in Brazil after the court of justice declared it free to operate in Brazil
Re: Musk's X Banned In Brazil After Disinformation Row by kkins25(m): 12:18pm On Aug 31
Tightpussy2024:
Melon is a right wing man.
Don't get me wrong,I have nothing against him for this( I applaud him for never bullying anyone). But keep politics and ideologies out of business. Neutrality pays.

Despite how much I muted words like redpill,body count,broke,sexual market value,nigga,simp,pick me etc I keep seeing them on my feed.

He has messed the algorithm so bad that his right wing ideologies keep appearing no matter what

Is there anything other dan that trending in Naija? Don't forget when buhari wanted to lock us out of X, too. Is if not the same "misinformation"?
Re: Musk's X Banned In Brazil After Disinformation Row by ivolt: 12:23pm On Aug 31
ogbonti:

Go and sit down - Nigerians use X more than Brazilians and was Twitter not banned in Nigeria under Jack Dorsey? Is Nigeria not back on X now? what did all that shakara by Lai Mohammed achieve? NOTHING!
You obviously know nothing about business.

Even democrats who were criticizing Elon Musk for interviewing Donald Trump and spewing gabbage that he was misinforming the world bla bla bla - has any of them deactivated their account in protest of that interview? a big fat NO
Twitter is a business not charity.
Members not deactivating isn't the same as making profit.
And if Musk continue in that trajectory, he will end up filing for bankruptcy.

1 Like

Re: Musk's X Banned In Brazil After Disinformation Row by Emmanels123: 12:36pm On Aug 31
These platforms are weapons in the hands of the wrong people

2 Likes

Re: Musk's X Banned In Brazil After Disinformation Row by Tightpussy2024(f): 12:42pm On Aug 31
kkins25:

Is there anything other dan that trending in Naija? Don't forget when buhari wanted to lock us out of X, too. Is if not the same "misinformation"?
As an avid user of twitter,that place is a mess. How someone like Andrew Tate still has an account says alot about the platform. The most racist, misogynistic and the vilest of people roam freely there . A riot was caused because of a post. AI doctored videos roam about there to tarnish people. That is a cesspool. I have seen an account advocating for girls to be married as early as menstruation starts. Even when people report that account,severally,it continues to post unrestrained.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Musk's X Banned In Brazil After Disinformation Row by KnownUnknown: 12:58pm On Aug 31
ivolt:

Despite what Musk and his fanboys think, no country want absolute free speech.

That disgusting Boer swine doesn’t care about no “free speech” and his fan boys are just dumb bastards. He is a fascist suffering from the psychosis of wealth and using that twitter crap to enable depraved characters like him.

If he cared about free speech for instance, twitter would be the venue to view all Jew atrocities in Palestine for example but you would be hard pressed to find such.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Musk's X Banned In Brazil After Disinformation Row by Smartcitizen: 12:59pm On Aug 31
CrushObituaries:
If a court tries this in Nigeria, those bitter grievingory obi people will start bickering and grieving like bereaved monkeys, calling fire and brimstone for trying to avert chaos of fake news and propaganda churning idiots, the unpatriotic elements will start their mourning

Hahaha!

You are proudly crazy for a picture thief and you want him to make Nigeria look like Dubai.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

He will only create more criminals and that's what he is doing according to Reno Omokri.

Re: Musk's X Banned In Brazil After Disinformation Row by KnownUnknown: 1:00pm On Aug 31
GRACEGLORY:
And... Your headline is wrong...

It was due to an escalating fight between Elon Musk and a Brazilian judge who wants censorship.

Bullshit, you must be one of those fanboys. All the clown has to do to lift the ban is have legal representatives in Brazil. And if you think that musk rat isn’t censoring speech he doesn’t like ( meaning decent speech), you are dumber than I thought.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/amp/world/brazilian-judge-suspends-musks-x-platform-for-refusing-to-name-a-legal-representative
Re: Musk's X Banned In Brazil After Disinformation Row by Medici777: 1:06pm On Aug 31
adamusuleiman3:

https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/c5y3rnl5qv3o

I think the title of this post is not appropriate and could mislead one to think the X platform is the bearer of disinformation
Re: Musk's X Banned In Brazil After Disinformation Row by ivolt: 1:21pm On Aug 31
KnownUnknown:

That disgusting Boer swine doesn’t care about no “free speech” and his fan boys are just dumb bastards. He is a fascist suffering from the psychosis of wealth and using that twitter crap to enable depraved characters like him.

If he cared about free speech for instance, twitter would be the venue to view all Jew atrocities in Palestine for example but you would be hard pressed to find such.

The only person who owes you equal free speech protection is your government not private companies.
Not even news media are required to carry news or event you care about, you must seek out those
that agree with your worldview.

I don't care about X either way but expecting a user generated content platform to follow any reporting standard
not required by law is nothing but entitlement.

If you have an X account, you can start posting those atrocities say as reported by Aljazeera, you may even buy ads
to promote them. Don't expect X to help you with that.
The only thing X care about is X itself plus some vain culture war of its owner.
Re: Musk's X Banned In Brazil After Disinformation Row by Calitoscassius(m): 1:33pm On Aug 31
Musk is God. Must ma nigga!
Re: Musk's X Banned In Brazil After Disinformation Row by kkins25(m): 1:36pm On Aug 31
Tightpussy2024:

As an avid user of twitter,that place is a mess. How someone like Andrew Tate still has an account says alot about the platform. The most racist, misogynistic and the vilest of people roam freely there . A riot was caused because of a post. AI doctored videos roam about there to tarnish people. That is a cesspool. I have seen an account advocating for girls to be married as early as menstruation starts. Even when people report that account,severally,it continues to post unrestrained.

True. But, whatsapp and telegram faced same fate..
Re: Musk's X Banned In Brazil After Disinformation Row by Sapasenator: 1:54pm On Aug 31
ivolt:
Musk will eventually lose all his $40 billion dollar investment into Twitter and file for bankruptcy.

Many countries are waiting for the EU to make the fist big move and the knives will be out.

Despite what Musk and his fanboys think, no country want absolute free speech.
They may claim they do, but they really don't especially when violence, potential
violence and high stake criminality is involved.

Unfortunately, Zuckerberg isn't learning from Musk's mistake.

Musk block people who criticize him on X and the idiot is talking about free speech. Free speech as long as you are in agreement with him, Musk's definition of free speech.
Re: Musk's X Banned In Brazil After Disinformation Row by KnownUnknown: 1:55pm On Aug 31
ivolt:

The only person who owes you equal free speech protection is your government not private companies.
Not even news media are required to carry news or event you care about, you must seek out those
that agree with your worldview.

I don't care about X either way but expecting a user generated content platform to follow any reporting standard
not required by law is nothing but entitlement.

If you have an X account, you can start posting those atrocities say as reported by Aljazeera, you may even buy ads
to promote them. Don't expect X to help you with that.
The only thing X care about is X itself plus some vain culture war of its owner.

I don’t expect X to follow a reporting standard and my comment was directed at those who accuse Brazilian authorities of stifling free speech as if X is a bastion of free speech and not a propaganda outlet for Musk, things he finds agreeable, and his allies such as the Israelis.

A user generated content platform refusing to follow laws and leveling false accusations is the height of delusional entitlement
Re: Musk's X Banned In Brazil After Disinformation Row by ivolt: 2:02pm On Aug 31
Sapasenator:

Musk block people who criticize him on X and the idiot is talking about free speech. Free speech as long as you are in agreement with him, Musk's definition of free speech.
Free speech is about the government not Musk or any other individual.
A person may claim to advocate for free speech and still threatens others
who engage in free speech.
Some will describe it as hypocrisy but I think it is more complicated than that.

An individual is NOT required to respect free speech on their property(X a property of Musk) but the government is.
Re: Musk's X Banned In Brazil After Disinformation Row by Sapasenator: 2:04pm On Aug 31
ivolt:

Free speech is about the government not Musk or any other individual.
A person may claim to advocate for free speech and still threatens others
who engage in free speech.
Some will describe it as hypocrisy but I think it is more complicated than that.

An individual is NOT required to respect free speech on their property(X a property of Musk) but the government is.

He is a cuckoo hypocrite.
Re: Musk's X Banned In Brazil After Disinformation Row by ivolt: 2:06pm On Aug 31
KnownUnknown:

I don’t expect X to follow a reporting standard and my comment was directed at those who accuse Brazilian authorities of stifling free speech as if X is a bastion of free speech and not a propaganda outlet for Musk, things he finds agreeable, and his allies such as the Israelis.

A user generated content platform refusing to follow laws and leveling false accusations is the height of delusional entitlement
Then we are on the same page.
The Brazilian government has done nothing wrong. Brazilian law should reign supreme in Brzail and not
what Musk wants.

Those accusing the Brazilian government are either ignorant or partisan.
Free speech provisions and restrictions is country-specific, not some universal moral right, not that such right will ever exist.
Re: Musk's X Banned In Brazil After Disinformation Row by ivolt: 2:07pm On Aug 31
Sapasenator:

He is a cuckoo hypocrite.
Yes, he is but that is perfectly LEGAL since he is not the government.
Re: Musk's X Banned In Brazil After Disinformation Row by SIRTee15: 2:09pm On Aug 31
Ningishzida:
After the Trump/Musk X Interview crossed 1B views, dont expect the Neo-cons to stay quiet and watch their NATO world domination Agenda turn to dust.

Do U even understand what you wrote. How can neocon be against trump.
Trump/Musk can never be against NATO led world domination because that's what they want.
Re: Musk's X Banned In Brazil After Disinformation Row by Sapasenator: 2:11pm On Aug 31
ivolt:

Yes, he is but that is perfectly LEGAL since he is not the government.

It is also perfectly legal according to Brazilian laws to shut him down in their country until their requirements are met.
Re: Musk's X Banned In Brazil After Disinformation Row by SIRTee15: 2:15pm On Aug 31
MossadAgent:

It's down to losing the narrative since the advent of Social Media and smart phones.

The govts in the west are losing their vice grip on information flow and censorship.

Now citizens are questioning the official narrative and have come to see the conventional media as nothing but an extension of the govt - operation mocking bird.

The govt is rightly scared because SM and alternative need outlets have been challenging the official state narrative.

From Covid to Ukraine war to the ongoing conflict in Gaza, govt narrative has been shoved to the dustbin.

The real press as contained in the US Constitution during its drafting was the citizens right to distribute information using the printing press. There was no profession known as journalism until the mid 19th century. Journalism is a fake profession that seeks to control what the public needs to hear.

The clamping down on SM in the name of control of misinformation and hate speech is just a fancy way of censorship.

They've lost the initiative and are now using violence to take back the press.

So Brazil is now the west?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

U.S. Inflation Drops To 7.7% In October / African Group Drums Support For Phil Murphy's Re-election As New Jersey Governor / Former South Africa leader Jacob Zuma barred from running in elections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.