Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,136 members, 7,946,796 topics. Date: Thursday, 12 September 2024 at 07:26 AM

I'm Contemplating Divorce After Two Years - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I'm Contemplating Divorce After Two Years (30520 Views)

Zambian Woman Seeks Divorce After Her Husband Shaved His Pubic Hair / Newly Wedded Wife Seeks Divorce After Her Husband Lied About Owning Duplex / Man Wants Divorce After Getting Married "Blind" But Now Sees. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Contemplating Divorce After Two Years by ABANGWABOI(m): 10:16am On Sep 03
Lifemanage:

A good rule, but abeg no beat Ur wife o..make her understand Ur point of view till she decides to be selfless to U as much as U are to her. But I repeat no beat grown up lady U married as a wife

Have never beaten her...
The day she stops remitting her salary is the day I go beat am and na dar same day the marriage go end.....

I dn see how men dey die like fowl where only Dem dey carry family load and their stupid wives that is working don't contribute...

I am not such Man and my wife knows this...

8 Likes

Re: I'm Contemplating Divorce After Two Years by LEGALSER: 10:16am On Sep 03
Successtube:
I never thought I’d find myself contemplating divorce just two years into my marriage. As a bachelor, I’d look at couples splitting up and wonder how they ended up there. Didn’t they date and get to know each other first? Didn’t they see the signs? And yet, here I am, standing on the brink of making the same decision. I dated my wife for a year and three months before we got married, and I thought I knew her. But I was wrong. She lied and pretended to be someone she wasn’t. Now, I’m starting to see who she truly is, and it’s tearing me apart.

Immediately after our wedding, I noticed changes in her that hadn’t been there before. One month in, we were not having sex like any newly married couple would. Every time I tried to be intimate, she’d have some excuse—a headache, feeling tired, or being stressed from work. I tried to be patient, thinking it was just a phase. But it didn’t end. When I finally asked her what was wrong, she bluntly told me she didn’t like sex. I was shocked. How could she not like sex? We had been intimate enough times while dating for me to believe otherwise.

“How can we have children if we don’t have sex?” I asked, trying to keep my frustration in check. Her response was indifferent, almost as if it didn’t matter. From then on, she’d sometimes only have sex with me during her ovulation period, like it was a chore to check off her list. It went on like this for over eight months, and I felt more and more disconnected. I felt unwanted, unloved. Every attempt to bridge the gap between us only seemed to widen it.

But the cracks didn’t just stop there. Through a relative of mine, I managed to get her a job that paid her 300,000 Naira monthly. She seemed happy, and I was glad I could help. Then, fate dealt me a blow—I lost my job. After months of searching, I managed to find another one, but it paid only 120,000 Naira a month. I couldn’t afford to stay home, so I took it, thinking it would just be temporary until I found something better.

My 120,000 Naira salary barely covers our expenses. I take care of the rent, food, bills, and still fuel my car to get to work. The one that hit me hardest was when our rent increased to 700,000 Naira around the same time my car’s engine gave out, needing another 500,000 Naira to repair. I felt the walls closing in on me. I was struggling, juggling all these financial burdens alone. I turned to my wife, thinking she’d step up and help. After all, she was earning more than double what I was. But all she could offer was 50,000 Naira.

I was speechless. She looked at me and said it was a man's duty to cater to his family, and she could only "assist." Her words felt like a slap. Here I was, drowning under the weight of our expenses, and she was holding back. I had to sell one of the lands I’d bought back in my bachelor days to cover the bills. I never thought I’d be in a position where I had to sell my hard-earned property just to survive while my wife, who I had helped get a better-paying job, stood by and watched.

The emptiness gnawed at me until I reached out to someone who had once filled a different kind of void in my life—my ex. We had broken up years ago because of distance when she moved to London for her studies. But we never really ended things on bad terms. There was always a "what if" lingering between us. Now, in my loneliness, that "what if" turned into late-night conversations, laughter, and the kind of warmth I hadn’t felt in a long time. I sneak out every now and then to be with her. I know it’s wrong. I know cheating is not the answer, but I felt like I was drowning, and she was the only one who could save me. With her, I felt alive again, seen, and heard. Things quickly escalated, and before I knew it, I was back in her arms. It felt like a betrayal of my marriage vows, but at the same time, it felt like the only way to reclaim a part of myself that had been lost.

I never imagined I’d be contemplating divorce, but here I am. I want to marry my ex. I want a fresh start, a chance to feel loved again. I don’t know if I can continue in a marriage where I feel more like a burden than a partner. Maybe it’s time to face the harsh truth: some people change, and some people never really were who they claimed to be. Maybe it’s time for me to choose my own happiness, to take a leap and start over.

Don't make the same mistake I made. Study your partner thoroughly before to married, don't rush!

Guy, goan marry your ex, don't allow anybody advise you otherwise before you go die ooo. You have every reasonable reason grin grin to end that marriage

3 Likes

Re: I'm Contemplating Divorce After Two Years by bluebay(m): 10:16am On Sep 03
From bro to bro, your wife is a good woman compared to those out there. Don't let that sense of entitlement make you see your wife as a bad person. Sit up and fix your marriage. Running back to your ex is not your solution.
Re: I'm Contemplating Divorce After Two Years by Catechizm: 10:16am On Sep 03
Well I hear you say "study your partner thoroughly". Thing is study was never the issue, you studied the person she presented to you before marrying her only to discover it was all a facade.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Contemplating Divorce After Two Years by enemyofprogress: 10:17am On Sep 03
Who fokn cares?

2 Likes

Re: I'm Contemplating Divorce After Two Years by Zonefree(m): 10:17am On Sep 03
cococandy:
She’s providing for you and you’re still the lord in your house.

And you’ll beat her if she realizes to give you money? Okay na
Focus on the Original post, please.

5 Likes

Re: I'm Contemplating Divorce After Two Years by boxypane(m): 10:17am On Sep 03
incogni2o:
VERY NAIVE TO SAY STUDY YOUR PARTNER THOROUGHLY BEFORE MARRAIGE.

AFTER ALL THE WRITEUP, THAT'S YOUR CONCLUSION.

WE ALL MAKE MISTAKES, DON'T COMPLICATE BY MAKING WORSE MISTAKES.

A MAN ADMITS HIS MISTAKES AND MOVES ON WITH FIXING THEM WITH NO REGRETS.

NOT TRYING TO GO BACK TO START AGAIN.

PICK UP THE PIECES AND MOVE ON.

LIFE IS SHORT.

You just spoke out of naivety sir/ma. If I may ask, please did you really follow through with the emotional turmoil, need for support as given and all walls been shut!!!
Freedom they say can be a trap, that is why it's better defined in human consciousness

1 Like

Re: I'm Contemplating Divorce After Two Years by kpolli(m): 10:17am On Sep 03
Successtube:
I never thought I’d find myself contemplating divorce just two years into my marriage. As a bachelor, I’d look at couples splitting up and wonder how they ended up there. Didn’t they date and get to know each other first? Didn’t they see the signs? And yet, here I am, standing on the brink of making the same decision. I dated my wife for a year and three months before we got married, and I thought I knew her. But I was wrong. She lied and pretended to be someone she wasn’t. Now, I’m starting to see who she truly is, and it’s tearing me apart.

Immediately after our wedding, I noticed changes in her that hadn’t been there before. One month in, we were not having sex like any newly married couple would. Every time I tried to be intimate, she’d have some excuse—a headache, feeling tired, or being stressed from work. I tried to be patient, thinking it was just a phase. But it didn’t end. When I finally asked her what was wrong, she bluntly told me she didn’t like sex. I was shocked. How could she not like sex? We had been intimate enough times while dating for me to believe otherwise.

“How can we have children if we don’t have sex?” I asked, trying to keep my frustration in check. Her response was indifferent, almost as if it didn’t matter. From then on, she’d sometimes only have sex with me during her ovulation period, like it was a chore to check off her list. It went on like this for over eight months, and I felt more and more disconnected. I felt unwanted, unloved. Every attempt to bridge the gap between us only seemed to widen it.

But the cracks didn’t just stop there. Through a relative of mine, I managed to get her a job that paid her 300,000 Naira monthly. She seemed happy, and I was glad I could help. Then, fate dealt me a blow—I lost my job. After months of searching, I managed to find another one, but it paid only 120,000 Naira a month. I couldn’t afford to stay home, so I took it, thinking it would just be temporary until I found something better.

My 120,000 Naira salary barely covers our expenses. I take care of the rent, food, bills, and still fuel my car to get to work. The one that hit me hardest was when our rent increased to 700,000 Naira around the same time my car’s engine gave out, needing another 500,000 Naira to repair. I felt the walls closing in on me. I was struggling, juggling all these financial burdens alone. I turned to my wife, thinking she’d step up and help. After all, she was earning more than double what I was. But all she could offer was 50,000 Naira.

I was speechless. She looked at me and said it was a man's duty to cater to his family, and she could only "assist." Her words felt like a slap. Here I was, drowning under the weight of our expenses, and she was holding back. I had to sell one of the lands I’d bought back in my bachelor days to cover the bills. I never thought I’d be in a position where I had to sell my hard-earned property just to survive while my wife, who I had helped get a better-paying job, stood by and watched.

The emptiness gnawed at me until I reached out to someone who had once filled a different kind of void in my life—my ex. We had broken up years ago because of distance when she moved to London for her studies. But we never really ended things on bad terms. There was always a "what if" lingering between us. Now, in my loneliness, that "what if" turned into late-night conversations, laughter, and the kind of warmth I hadn’t felt in a long time. I sneak out every now and then to be with her. I know it’s wrong. I know cheating is not the answer, but I felt like I was drowning, and she was the only one who could save me. With her, I felt alive again, seen, and heard. Things quickly escalated, and before I knew it, I was back in her arms. It felt like a betrayal of my marriage vows, but at the same time, it felt like the only way to reclaim a part of myself that had been lost.

I never imagined I’d be contemplating divorce, but here I am. I want to marry my ex. I want a fresh start, a chance to feel loved again. I don’t know if I can continue in a marriage where I feel more like a burden than a partner. Maybe it’s time to face the harsh truth: some people change, and some people never really were who they claimed to be. Maybe it’s time for me to choose my own happiness, to take a leap and start over.

Don't make the same mistake I made. Study your partner thoroughly before to married, don't rush!

If what you said is true (especially about your wife not assisting when needed); then divorce her. So your family would have been homeless while she had money in the bank.
Re: I'm Contemplating Divorce After Two Years by stevonics: 10:18am On Sep 03
Bro please how do you take charge without being violent.
Lifemanage:

Major reason marriages fail is because such men behave like simps. A man should take charge of his wife as an authority not an equal partner. Anything aside that, bear the consequences
Re: I'm Contemplating Divorce After Two Years by Deeneji84: 10:18am On Sep 03
I can relate to this bro.
Choose your happiness over societal views. It get why

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Contemplating Divorce After Two Years by ABANGWABOI(m): 10:19am On Sep 03
Akpaamunsi:

Well, I agree with you, but this your strategy works in Nigeria. You cant do all these in a western Country

I am not interested in relocating abroad..
Even if I want to relocate abroad.. I would go alone and leave her in Nigeria...
I rather leave her to sleep around in Nigeria than relocate her with my hard earned Mon in Millions and then she wrecks me over there with their feminist laws...

Never will I relocate my wife abroad...
Woke fools that did it , Most of them are regretting it including the ones that are ashamed to admit it..

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'm Contemplating Divorce After Two Years by Shaketable: 10:19am On Sep 03
Better divorce her n move on, she might have her x who is giving it to her n she is spending on him. Better now before he gets her pregnant n she il bring it to you

4 Likes

Re: I'm Contemplating Divorce After Two Years by enemyofprogress: 10:19am On Sep 03
Side chick to the rescue

1 Like

Re: I'm Contemplating Divorce After Two Years by eniteden(m): 10:20am On Sep 03
Yeah i can relate too, when u look at the kids, u feel a chill even when ur body crave for good s3x with that one person u know will give u everything.

Not that u don't love ur wife but women of this days downplay the importance of s3x in marriage, it keep ur husband, home and make everyone feel compact. Once there is lack/not enough of it for ur husband/wife it create a void, distance and make the man/wife feel less of everything.

That's why a famous writer said, "As long as the Bed keeps shaking" complete the rest. grin

psucc:
Have you had any child with her? If yes, take a further step to see if she can have a rethink

2. Before you proposed to your X, be sure to have exhausted all avenue for peace and reconciliation

3. Have you checked around she's not into a second relationship while under your roof?

4. Have you investigated to know what she's doing with her income, such as taking care of her parents, siblings, building a house, or investing in a business?

5. If it's her view that it's the duty of the man to pick bills even in such situations, just tell her that the rent is higher than what you can afford and so you will have to move to a neighborhood with lesser rent. Probably mention a building around that you have consulted for relocation.

Watch her response. That will tell or exposed more than what you are currently seeing.

6. On the issue of s3x, hmmmmmm, it's not
easy being in that state. I can relate here but I decided to keep that relationship because of my children.

1 Like

Re: I'm Contemplating Divorce After Two Years by ABANGWABOI(m): 10:21am On Sep 03
cococandy:
She’s providing for you and you’re still the lord in your house.

And you’ll beat her if she realizes to give you money? Okay na

Exactly..
Reason why I wonder what is wrong with Most Men in Nigeria that they can't discipline and Lord over there wives....
Well.. Na Dem go feel am and would always run around seeking for advice due to their cowardice..

E no concern me.. I be the Sole Captain in my Ship..

3 Likes

Re: I'm Contemplating Divorce After Two Years by boxypane(m): 10:21am On Sep 03
kpolli:

If what you said is true (especially about your wife not assisting when needed); then divorce her. So your family would have been homeless while she had money in the bank.
If the write up was the true picture. You are on point brother. That one nor be wife again, na masquerade.
Re: I'm Contemplating Divorce After Two Years by millstone(m): 10:22am On Sep 03
Successtube:

You can never really know someone. What we see in people especially in those we have relationships with or marriages are mirages. What they want you to see. And don't fall for the trick that that your ex is different or better, women are women. What you are having now is nostalgia and the feelings of rejection from your wife. A man's life isn't meant to be easy. Only guarantee you'll have is if you have a shit ton of money and stuff so much down here throat she shuts gold. I can bet you this same woman in the euphoria stage probably promised you she can stay with a man no matter the financial situation so far she loves him. I can't tell you not to divorce her or stop seeing your ex, so whatever works for you pal
Re: I'm Contemplating Divorce After Two Years by boxypane(m): 10:22am On Sep 03
ABANGWABOI:

Have never beaten her...
The day she stops remitting her salary is the day I go beat am and na dar same day the marriage go end.....

I dn see how men dey die like fowl where only Dem dey carry family load and their stupid wives that is working don't contribute...

Easy easy brother, e never reach like that... grin

1 Like

Re: I'm Contemplating Divorce After Two Years by Hezmatosky: 10:23am On Sep 03
No. Divorce not. The only medicine you had needed to stay fit at home and still keep your marital vow is the side chick. I always tell people, side chicks are the reason marriages survive. Don't plan marrying your ex o, your wife at home maybe better than her a million times. Like you said, your wife never gave you the impression she was gonna change. Women no really get sense sad

5 Likes

Re: I'm Contemplating Divorce After Two Years by Ferdinandu(m): 10:24am On Sep 03
Successtube:

One side of the story never tells the whole story. Your wife's side of the story is important here
Re: I'm Contemplating Divorce After Two Years by IamMobisola(f): 10:26am On Sep 03
Successtube:

And what makes you think marrying your ex will be a smooth ride? Why not take time alone by yourself and heal for a little while before jumping to a second marriage?

You are here advising people to know their partners before marrying them yet you are rushing to marry your ex just because…?

OKAY

1 Like

Re: I'm Contemplating Divorce After Two Years by Armanipounds: 10:26am On Sep 03
My 2% is that No One should beg to feel loved, if you're not feeling it anymore and it's due to the circumstances you have laid bare here, then for me a parting of the ways should be on the card. If the centre can no longer, both adults should have the right to go their separate ways.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Contemplating Divorce After Two Years by onlinestaff247: 10:26am On Sep 03
Successtube:

Mr SuccessTube,

Stop wasting your precious time living in the same home and marriage with an ingrate.

Quickly file for divorce, hook up your ex to become your new wife and live a fulfilled life in happiness.

There's no stigma being a divorcee. No matter the preaching or family interventions, your present ingrate wife would still keep on with her bitchy behaviour.

Do what will give you joy, as life is too short to be moody.

Cheers!

4 Likes

Re: I'm Contemplating Divorce After Two Years by travelzcruix: 10:26am On Sep 03
You see this thing called marriage, it is the last gate of torture before hell fire, especially if all you have to offer Naija babes na love and attention. I will always say this, except you are a guy that has billions willed to him or unlimited lines of credit, you have no business marrying. Come to think of it, we are in a system that drains the living hell out of u, from the universities where all the mentally deranged individuals are gathered all in the name of educators.
You find that before you hit 35, nothing is left worst of is returning to a wife who will make life hell for you.
If you missed out of the glory days of dating Naija babes when they were between the age of 18 and 21. Bros, forget about peace of mind till next generation.
If you succede get even at least 1 child, spend the money on that child, as for the daughters of Jezebel they can go and collect love and attention from Lucifer himself.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'm Contemplating Divorce After Two Years by Lifemanage: 10:27am On Sep 03
stevonics:
Bro please how do you take charge without being violent.
Take charge by voice of words or by explanation...or by with-holding Ur benevolences While explaining what U intend t achieve wirb Ur actions. Behave like a loving boss to an employee. That's the attitude of marriage. Even a disrespectful boss will be resisted. Behave like a respectful and good boss to Ur wife. That's the attitude
Re: I'm Contemplating Divorce After Two Years by Lifemanage: 10:28am On Sep 03
ABANGWABOI:

Have never beaten her...

Sure nice. U re doing well... 😂
Re: I'm Contemplating Divorce After Two Years by LilMissFavvy(f): 10:28am On Sep 03
Fake story
Re: I'm Contemplating Divorce After Two Years by cococandy(f): 10:29am On Sep 03
grin I believe you
ABANGWABOI:

Exactly..
Reason why I wonder what is wrong with Most Men in Nigeria that they can't discipline and Lord over there wives....
Well.. Na Dem go feel am and would always run around seeking for advice due to their cowardice..

E no concern me.. I be the Sole Captain in my Ship..
Re: I'm Contemplating Divorce After Two Years by victorDanladi: 10:29am On Sep 03
Successtube:

Are you sure its not your relative that helped your wife Got the 300k job that is servicing your partner?
Re: I'm Contemplating Divorce After Two Years by ApostlePaul14: 10:30am On Sep 03
Study partner ke, U fit study human being? I look U laugh. Happiness is free, d key to happiness is on your palm
Re: I'm Contemplating Divorce After Two Years by Wons(m): 10:30am On Sep 03
I'm not married, but my advices are:

1. Cut your expenses according to your salary, you are not trying to impress anyone. It's better you move to a less expensive apartment, sell off your car and get one just for mobility sake.

2. Except it's health emergencies, never sell an assets to fund expenses, sell assets to start a business or boast an existing one (always sell assets for growth).

3. Allow reality to strike your wife don't leave any stone unturn. You can always get another wife, but be sure you did your best to save your marriage.

4. Most persons don't see marriage as the biggest picture of tolerance. Imagine your immediate family members whom you grow up with, how many times did you guys fallout but you can't leave them because they are family. Use 70% of that eyes to see your wife.

4. Lastly nothing pass God. Na God go still run everything last last.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Contemplating Divorce After Two Years by Honestwithme: 10:32am On Sep 03
It's true the man takes responsibility of taking care of the home but if God gives you a good woman you will be surprise at the level of her support and I can't stop thanking God for giving me a supportive wife.Some will even wait for their husband to buy matches or pay N700 lawma bills ...

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Visually Impaired Couple Weds In Anambra (Photo) / 6 Ways To Make Your Home More Appealing To Visitors / Naughty Things You Did When You Were Younger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.