Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,665 members, 7,941,560 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 09:20 AM

Investigative Journalist, PIDOM Charged With Promoting #EndBadGovernance Protest - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Investigative Journalist, PIDOM Charged With Promoting #EndBadGovernance Protest (12980 Views)

Nigeria Police Confirms Arrest Of A Popular Investigative Journalist, PIDOM / Solomon Dalung Joins #endbadgovernance Protest In Plateau / Nigerians In UK Kick Off #endbadgovernance Protest In London, Demand Change (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Investigative Journalist, PIDOM Charged With Promoting #EndBadGovernance Protest by timbabng(m): 5:37am On Sep 03
Kobojunkieee:
1. By your definition there, any document that is leaked can also be construed as declassified. So, let's simply stick to the FOIA on this one instead. undecided

2. Well, there is a reason why the word Declassified is not used. That you are not aware of it at this point is no reason why you should assume it is implied. undecided

3. If the officer is charged under the Official Secrets Act then subsection 3 of Section 1 acts in his favor as well. undecided

Well, I specifically mentioned classified documents in my response. It does not matter if "Declassified" was not used, it doesn't change the meaning of the word.

And subsection 3 of Section 1 won't save the officer if charged.

I wish the accused and his lawyers good luck with their case. He's going to need a miracle......or at best he'll become a snitch, and snitch he's way out of prison grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Investigative Journalist, PIDOM Charged With Promoting #EndBadGovernance Protest by Kobojunkieee: 5:54am On Sep 03
timbabng:
■ Well, I specifically mentioned classified documents in my response. It does not matter if "Declassified" was not used, it doesn't change the meaning of the word.
■ And subsection 3 of Section 1 won't save the officer if charged.
■ I wish the accused and his lawyers good luck with their case. He's going to need a miracle......or at best he'll become a snitch, and snitch he's way out of prison grin
And I specifically showed you what is in fact written in the FOIA regarding classified documents. The law does not state that a classified document is considered declassified at the point that it is shared by means of FOIA so it does matter that we stay away from such assumptions. undecided

2. I didn't say anything about "saving". Rather, I said it could be used to work for him if he has competent lawyers. undecided

3. I don't believe a miracle is needed. If you have honestly followed the story here, you would note that the rule of law was severely ignored from the start by the Nigerian Police Force. After illegally detaining and torturing him for 28 days, he was finally charged on 9 charges some of which appear to be civil charges. undecided

1 Like

Re: Investigative Journalist, PIDOM Charged With Promoting #EndBadGovernance Protest by Softmirror: 6:15am On Sep 03
TEYA:

Did you read the screenshot you posted? I am sure you just read the heading, typical lazy Nigerian boy. The social media platform refused to release the details of the person. Can that happen in you funny country under this clown of a leader?
Hahaha 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 are you making a mockery of Germans and their government that the have no balls like the Canadian government that got Amaka arrested. Hahaha 🤣🤣🤣🤣
Re: Investigative Journalist, PIDOM Charged With Promoting #EndBadGovernance Protest by Spandau: 6:22am On Sep 03
Lizzysamuel:
My goodness..

God knows Nigeria was never as bad as this under Buhari. Tinubu makes Abacha look like a saint

You never see something. He will deal with you one by one. Una go hear wen. Seunmsg aka nairalanda1 is currently knowing what's up. And that one that stammers even when writing his moniker, too. Ttalk abi wetin he calls himself.
Re: Investigative Journalist, PIDOM Charged With Promoting #EndBadGovernance Protest by bdon123(m): 6:44am On Sep 03
Lizzysamuel:

David Hundeyin
Jesus see d kind useless formed up charges dem giv this guy .We should all die of starvation bt say nothing n do not grumble.This is really new heights....well na only 7 years remain for this government to handover to some other idiot to continue
Re: Investigative Journalist, PIDOM Charged With Promoting #EndBadGovernance Protest by prof22(m): 6:54am On Sep 03
Bunch of cowards. Na untop online una dey form "us" Thats the same soon that has kept Nnamdi in prison for years, same soon has kept many in prison. Do you even know the definition of evil idiot. I thought he said he was invisible? Secretly arrest someone that always brag he cannot never be picked up? grin he should go and try that nonsense in Russia.
Blitzerz:

He will be free soon
The attempt to secretly arrest and kill him has already been thwarted by us.
Keep defending evil.

#freepidomnow

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Investigative Journalist, PIDOM Charged With Promoting #EndBadGovernance Protest by Villagesquare: 7:00am On Sep 03
Lizzysamuel:
My goodness..

God knows Nigeria was never as bad as this under Buhari. Tinubu makes Abacha look like a saint
The same Abacha he fought making Nigerians believe he was a Democrat to the core.
Re: Investigative Journalist, PIDOM Charged With Promoting #EndBadGovernance Protest by mapet: 7:02am On Sep 03
Blitzerz:
There is no crime there
#freepidomNow

Yes.... no crime there...

I mean how do you reason someone who post Govt's confidential information online in a brazen manner, and purposefully do things clearly stated as criminal in the law, and most especially the attempt to flush his phone down the toilet to burry evidence? shey him no know say Police will excavate Septic tank to find the phone?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Investigative Journalist, PIDOM Charged With Promoting #EndBadGovernance Protest by Archtype(m): 7:14am On Sep 03
So protest is now a crime in this country and we say that we are practicing Democracy. Even Abacha regime is better than what we are doing now
Re: Investigative Journalist, PIDOM Charged With Promoting #EndBadGovernance Protest by watchindelta(m): 7:14am On Sep 03
Nigeria don dey suffer since 1960 even the colonial master is better than nigeria independence, how can a normal nigeria ever supported any elect nigeria president since 1960! They don't deserve it! They are wicked and evil towards the citizens, they made ur father a slave and now you a slave but you keeping on supporting them! Nigerians aha 😅 are u course?
Re: Investigative Journalist, PIDOM Charged With Promoting #EndBadGovernance Protest by mapet: 7:21am On Sep 03
Kobojunkieee:
That one is not even the most ludicrous of them all. Check out Charge #3 where he is accused under the Official Secrets Act of 1962. It is not inferred that he illegally obtained the information meaning he is covered under FOIA, and FOIA does not bar anyone who receives information on the government from retransmitting the same information to other members of the public. So, why in the world would the government think it would make sense to charge him for doing exactly that? undecided

This is you turning logic upside down...
1. The provision of the FOIA clearly advance that the primary subject has to APPLY for the information in question. Did Bristol formally apply for those information referencing the FOIA?
2. Even if he applied (obviously he did not), the same paragraph you reference stated that "...the Public Institution to which the application is made shall decide information is of a type referred to in Sections 11,12,14,15,16,17,19,20 or 21" this strongly infers that certain FOIA allows certain information to be released at the "decision" of the Public Institution.
(a) was the information released by Bristol sent to him by the Public Institution (Office of the Secretary to the Federal Government)?
(b) was the information classified under Sections 11, 12, 14, 15, 16 ,17, 19, 20 or 21?

This is how some of you display ignorance with gusto... FOIA is hidden in plain sight yet you cannot or choose to misrepresent it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Investigative Journalist, PIDOM Charged With Promoting #EndBadGovernance Protest by mapet: 7:25am On Sep 03
Kobojunkieee:
That would be part of the whistleblowing aspect of things that are covered under the FOIA and ICPC. Whistleblowers are not criminals in even your Nigeria. undecided

You just keep making stu.pid submissions. Do you Whistleblow normal activity, a memo to request funds from the office of the SGF?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Investigative Journalist, PIDOM Charged With Promoting #EndBadGovernance Protest by IfnobeGod20: 7:41am On Sep 03
Kobojunkieee:
That one is not even the most ludicrous of them all. Check out Charge #3 where he is accused under the Official Secrets Act of 1962. It is not inferred that he illegally obtained the information meaning he is covered under FOIA, and FOIA does not bar anyone who receives information on the government from retransmitting the same information to other members of the public. So, why in the world would the government think it would make sense to charge him for doing exactly that? undecided
Thanks you for this your comment. They are just out to flex muscles with the guy and nothing more.
It is a shameful thing that some people are rejoicing over Trump up charges that have no bearing in law, thereby wasting the guy and court time on frivolous charges. I don't know why they are making mockery of the system. They don't know that just activity lower the rating of our judiciary and police in the wider world.

1 Like

Re: Investigative Journalist, PIDOM Charged With Promoting #EndBadGovernance Protest by Lifemanage: 7:42am On Sep 03
Emperormartin:
Tinubu is still afraid for the likes of David hundeyin not to rise again...

That boy almost singlehandedly pulled him down of becoming Nigeria president.

So anything investigative journalism must be brutally attacked.

Infact in this regime, investigative journalism is more dangerous that Boko Haram and Killer bandits in the north.
Terrible reality
Re: Investigative Journalist, PIDOM Charged With Promoting #EndBadGovernance Protest by IfnobeGod20: 7:58am On Sep 03
mapet:

This is you turning logic upside down...
1. The provision of the FOIA clearly advance that the primary subject has to APPLY for the information in question. Did Bristol formally apply for those information referencing the FOIA?
2. Even if he applied (obviously he did not), the same paragraph you reference stated that "...the Public Institution to which the application is made shall decide information is of a type referred to in Sections 11,12,14,15,16,17,19,20 or 21" this strongly infers that certain FOIA allows certain information to be released at the "decision" of the Public Institution.
(a) was the information released by Bristol sent to him by the Public Institution (Office of the Secretary to the Federal Government)?
(b) was the information classified under Sections 11, 12, 14, 15, 16 ,17, 19, 20 or 21?

This is how some of you display ignorance with gusto... FOIA is hidden in plain sight yet you cannot or choose to misrepresent it.
You're the one displaying ignorance here. For cry out loud this guy is an investigative journalist and he is not anyway restricted to getting information no matter how hidden such information is. Any classified information he got,meaning it is not classified and those in custody of such should take the blame and not a journalist doing the work he was trained to do. It's only if he is working for such organisation and he reveal such sensitive document, then, he has breached oath of secrecy and he is liable. Before you reply me, take to cognisance the word 'Investigative Journalist'.

1 Like

Re: Investigative Journalist, PIDOM Charged With Promoting #EndBadGovernance Protest by nairalanda1(m): 8:04am On Sep 03
Spandau:

You never see something. He will deal with you one by one. Una go hear wen. Seunmsg aka nairalanda1 is currently knowing what's up. And that one that stammers even when writing his moniker, too. Ttalk abi wetin he calls himself.

Hmm, is madness contagious?
Re: Investigative Journalist, PIDOM Charged With Promoting #EndBadGovernance Protest by seunmsg(m): 8:14am On Sep 03
nairalanda1:

Hmm, is madness contagious?

I read where you wrote somewhere that you don’t like my comments so this is my way of dealing with you👅 grin

Beg me and I will tell him to stop.

1 Like

Re: Investigative Journalist, PIDOM Charged With Promoting #EndBadGovernance Protest by IfnobeGod20: 8:24am On Sep 03
mapet:

I mean how do you reason someone who post Govt's confidential information online in a brazen manner, and purposefully do things clearly stated as criminal in the law, and most especially the attempt to flush his phone down the toilet to burry evidence? shey him no know say Police will excavate Septic tank to find the phone?
Please what concern investigative journalist with confidential information? Their duty is to make finding on hidden information. If any information linked out to any journalist, the blame should go to those working in those offices and not the person doing his professional duty. Or did he go there and put gun on their head to fetch the information?
Re: Investigative Journalist, PIDOM Charged With Promoting #EndBadGovernance Protest by MrDoGood(m): 8:27am On Sep 03
Lizzysamuel:
My goodness..

Abacha was better, just that people don't know the real truth.

Western world used media to paint him a tyrant
Re: Investigative Journalist, PIDOM Charged With Promoting #EndBadGovernance Protest by TEYA: 8:36am On Sep 03
Softmirror:

Hahaha 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 are you making a mockery of Germans and their government that the have no balls like the Canadian government that got Amaka arrested. Hahaha 🤣🤣🤣🤣
That was a completely different case. The German dude did his on an anonymous platform while Amaka did hers on TikTok with her full chest. While German guy yabbed a politician which is not so out of place, Amaka threatened (and encouraged others) to kill people belonging to another tribe. The Canadians were given Amaka's details by the Nigerian government, the details were not hard to find anyway, it's TikTok, while the German website decided to protect it's users identity. Amaka was not discreet. Amaka disappoint me!
Re: Investigative Journalist, PIDOM Charged With Promoting #EndBadGovernance Protest by Softmirror: 8:43am On Sep 03
TEYA:

That was a completely different case. The German dude did his on an anonymous platform while Amaka did hers on TikTok with her full chest. While German guy yabbed a politician which is not so out of place, Amaka threatened (and encouraged others) to kill people belonging to another tribe. The Canadians were given Amaka's details by the Nigerian government, the details were not hard to find anyway, it's TikTok, while the German website decided to protect it's users identity. Amaka was not discreet. Amaka disappoint me!

Lol 😂 'anonymous platform' you are funny. Do you know why? 🤣🤣🤣 You talking as if it is impossible for the German government to dig out the so called anonymous person if they really want to. 🤗

The more the platform restrict access to information will only drag them as being complicit.
🤣🤣🤣
Re: Investigative Journalist, PIDOM Charged With Promoting #EndBadGovernance Protest by Blackdisciple(m): 9:24am On Sep 03
We all know why he raised judges pay by 300% na...
I thought na only military get dictators oo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Investigative Journalist, PIDOM Charged With Promoting #EndBadGovernance Protest by kingthreat(m): 9:41am On Sep 03
Kobojunkieee:
But then you would be playing into their hands as that is what they want people to do. Why should you be afraid of a man whom you claim you democratically elected into office? Na him papa get the office? Una never tire for these people wey, after begging una for your vote, go come pretend say dem be gods and master over una after dem enter office? undecided

Make una call for the immediate impeachment of the failure of a president o'jare make Nigerians breath already! undecided

PIDOM wey dem don jail, why you no carry fried rice and chicken go give am everyday?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Investigative Journalist, PIDOM Charged With Promoting #EndBadGovernance Protest by Mrexcell(m): 9:53am On Sep 03
Tinibu the abacha wannabe how are these charges crimes against the nigerian state?
Re: Investigative Journalist, PIDOM Charged With Promoting #EndBadGovernance Protest by Mtmike(m): 9:58am On Sep 03
Emekaonline:

To those with dunce brain, protest is not a crime even if it is violent. You may need to ask your village headmaster about what happened to those that promoted protest in the UK. For your information, some of them are still in jail. Please borrow yourself a functioning brain

i expect an human being to respond, i wont join you in a banter coz i dont respond to mentally drained people. a simple question is asked without insult or abusive word, sane people would respond intelligently but you choose to display your generational stupidity here..... thats fine anyways
Re: Investigative Journalist, PIDOM Charged With Promoting #EndBadGovernance Protest by Ozommadu: 10:06am On Sep 03
ribbit:
maybe they wont be defaming or blackmailing people in the name of opposition.
Anyone who does that unsentimentally deserves prison.

And obi will also never be president.

Obi will be president, it's not your decision to make
Re: Investigative Journalist, PIDOM Charged With Promoting #EndBadGovernance Protest by zoomzoom(m): 10:45am On Sep 03
[quote author=sreamsense post=131826161]I warned them, but instead they were doing guys. Imagine 28days in police detection and case just started. How can he leave that arena and remain the same again? Children of those who pushed you into trouble are enjoying themselves now calling daddy,daddy, but you 28days denied of freedom.

By the time he gets freedom from this case, I am sure he would have learnt staying in your house during protest and protest from online to avoid had I known because we have never seen impact of protest since independence. Dialog has no expiring date, it is better to continue using it till one is heard than denying yourself of precious freedom or shorten your life span because of protest that wouldn't yield anything as before.

Your capacity for idiocy is profane.
You don't even know what he's charged with to appreciate the tomfoolery therein.
PONUITES are not hard to identify!!.
Re: Investigative Journalist, PIDOM Charged With Promoting #EndBadGovernance Protest by Azazyel: 11:34am On Sep 03
What's this nonsense? Is this even a crime? This man has to be the worst president in Nigeria's history. He has turned governance into an open battle of government vs citizens. They never put in this much effort to get yahaya Bello but can use it to charge protesters. Damn! Buhari no even do half of all these. Buhari was right afterall when he said Nigerians would thank him later
Re: Investigative Journalist, PIDOM Charged With Promoting #EndBadGovernance Protest by ivandrag0n: 11:46am On Sep 03
Lizzysamuel:

David Hundeyin

All of these public attempts to curry sympathies will not wash. A lot of you so-called ‘investigative journalists’ are scammers and ‘rent-for-dirty-jobs’ thugs!

Looking forward to when the SCAMMER DAVID HUNDEYIN, the Ghana Refugee will have your day of rendition back to Nigeria to face special military courts for crimes against the State, as well.

You crooks have done your bad stuff for so long and the truth will catch up with you all sooner than later.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Investigative Journalist, PIDOM Charged With Promoting #EndBadGovernance Protest by Blitzerz: 12:12pm On Sep 03
mapet:

In a democracy
Who is the government?
Dont be a slave to corruption
Besides we have freedom of information fully signed into law......

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Mock Presidential Poll: Who Will You Vote For? / Is Nigeria Better Than Some African Countries? / Wow This Video Of Onitsha Anambra State Will Surprise You.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.