Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,139 members, 7,949,922 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 11:24 PM

Dangote Officially Announces The Commencement Of Petrol Production - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangote Officially Announces The Commencement Of Petrol Production (17866 Views)

Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son / Fatgbems Fuel Station In Abeokuta Dispenses Water To Motorists Instead Of Petrol / Golden Guinea Breweries Dispels Rumours On The Commencement Of Full Operations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Officially Announces The Commencement Of Petrol Production by MEEVEET: 2:52pm On Sep 03
jamesversion:

Its an issue of nomenclature. Distillation and cracking are a means to an end. They use fire in both processes. Just that distillation is an inefficient process in the production of fuels. The products from the cooking are usually mixed with gases, that's the reason why "Asari" kerosene sometimes explodes, because of its mixture with gases and sometimes fuel.

They process the illegal refinery boys use is distillation, I.e. cooking in a pot.
What are you blabbing about petrol is lighter so would come out before diesel no matter the process
Re: Dangote Officially Announces The Commencement Of Petrol Production by MEEVEET: 2:54pm On Sep 03
Ojuntana:

It's possible. The products are obtained at different temperatures and pressure. So if you don't boil crude to the temperature that produces petrol, you won't get petrol
Only issue with your logic is you have to get to petrol which have a lower evaporation temperature before diesel which is higher
Re: Dangote Officially Announces The Commencement Of Petrol Production by fareed69(m): 3:02pm On Sep 03
MEEVEET:
When I hear things like this I just laugh πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Someone that has been producing diesel since

Abi you guys think you can use crude to produce one product? Lmaooo

In the cracking stages different products come out at different temperatures... You can't pick and choose which to produce

Go and build your own refinery then, and push all the products out at once .
Na you help am build the refinery.
It's his choice on whatever he feels like pushing out .
Stupid talk.
Re: Dangote Officially Announces The Commencement Of Petrol Production by Timmi: 3:02pm On Sep 03
MEEVEET:

It's impossible to produce diesel with producing petrol go back to your secondary school chemistry

Mr man, knowledge of basic chemistry would have prevented you from been ignorance for it takes a higher level of refining to produce petrol than producing diesel. You are not under an iroko tree sipping apetesi, and been hailed by your village people. Display some intellectual acumen please.
Re: Dangote Officially Announces The Commencement Of Petrol Production by fareed69(m): 3:04pm On Sep 03
ShogunNoName:

Exactly. They are just funny people who think everyone is a school dropout agbero grin grin grin

Go and build your own and push everything out at once .
It's Dangotes choice on which product he wants to sell.
Re: Dangote Officially Announces The Commencement Of Petrol Production by Kbrule: 3:04pm On Sep 03
I hope this means whaT I think it means
Re: Dangote Officially Announces The Commencement Of Petrol Production by ppogba: 3:11pm On Sep 03
MEEVEET:

Every refinery can store billions of litres

Now who is the Mugu?

Kpele o.
DANGOTE refinery storage manager.

What about the trillions of litres?
Re: Dangote Officially Announces The Commencement Of Petrol Production by MEEVEET: 3:11pm On Sep 03
Timmi:

Mr man, knowledge of basic chemistry would have prevented you from been ignorance for it takes a higher level of refining to produce petrol than producing diesel. You are not under an iroko tree sipping apetesi, and been hailed by your village people. Display some intellectual acumen please.

I hate when people argue without facts.. A simple Google would solve this but since u don't want to

Here u go

Re: Dangote Officially Announces The Commencement Of Petrol Production by MEEVEET: 3:12pm On Sep 03
ppogba:

Kpele o.
DANGOTE refinery storage manager.

What about the trillions of litres?
go school u say no
Re: Dangote Officially Announces The Commencement Of Petrol Production by ShootThemAll(m): 3:17pm On Sep 03
yarimo:
This is very commendable from FG and DANGOTE, meanwhile bitter people won't like this wonderful development to Nigeria and Nigerians

If you praise your paymasters finish, you will still carry keg go filling station and queue to buy @1k per litre with your 70k per month minimum wage that they are still preparing the template. Stockholm syndrome patientπŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ˜… suffering and smiling with peanutsπŸ˜…πŸ€£
Re: Dangote Officially Announces The Commencement Of Petrol Production by sparko1(m): 3:17pm On Sep 03
MEEVEET:

In the cracking stages different products come out at different temperatures... You can't pick and choose which to produce

And somehow you studied petroleum engineering πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„

Children everywhere.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Officially Announces The Commencement Of Petrol Production by MEEVEET: 3:20pm On Sep 03
sparko1:

And somehow you studied petroleum engineering πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„

Children everywhere.
My first degree was mechanical engineering
But this is secondary school chemistry na... It's basic
Re: Dangote Officially Announces The Commencement Of Petrol Production by Solsix(m): 3:31pm On Sep 03
Vadese1:
Petrol financial expert. Are you not aware that the crude from nnpc will sold to him in naira.

even if it's sold to him in naira dangote will sell according world market which is controlled by dollar Mr economists
Re: Dangote Officially Announces The Commencement Of Petrol Production by jamesversion: 3:32pm On Sep 03
MEEVEET:

What are you blabbing about petrol is lighter so would come out before diesel no matter the process

You just jumped into the conversation without reading from the beginning. I told him in the distillation process, petrol(usually refer to as fuel) comes first before kerosene and then diesel. His argument was that the names isn't distillation but cracking. To which I told him they lead to same outcomes, just that the distillation process isn't efficient as it does not completely eliminate gases from the petrol, kero and diesel.

You can't teach me on this, i have first hand experience.
Re: Dangote Officially Announces The Commencement Of Petrol Production by zionstaar75: 4:07pm On Sep 03
KEVIND:
If we can't buy fuel for ₦300 or less then its not a good news for the common man in Nigeria.
Majority of Nigerians are going through hell because of petrol prices.
u might be going through he'll but I'm not. Speak for yourself
Re: Dangote Officially Announces The Commencement Of Petrol Production by commoditiesnig: 4:08pm On Sep 03
Very goodnews
Re: Dangote Officially Announces The Commencement Of Petrol Production by zionstaar75: 4:11pm On Sep 03
fareed69:

Go and build your own refinery then, and push all the products out at once .
Na you help am build the refinery.
It's his choice on whatever he feels like pushing out .
Stupid talk.
no mind the mugu
Re: Dangote Officially Announces The Commencement Of Petrol Production by sparko1(m): 4:12pm On Sep 03
MEEVEET:

My first degree was mechanical engineering
But this is secondary school chemistry na... It's basic

Diesel and petrol are product of crude oil, while both originate from crude oil, they differ significantly in their production and composition.

What you want to say is, once they start producing Fuel, they can't say they haven't been producing diesel, it's possible to have diesel without petrol.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Officially Announces The Commencement Of Petrol Production by TheDemola: 4:14pm On Sep 03
MEEVEET:

Oga there is no law under this earth u can quote that allows diesel to he produce with petrol... That's absolutely impossible
I don't understand this your statement. Pls explain more on what your argument is
Re: Dangote Officially Announces The Commencement Of Petrol Production by MEEVEET: 4:19pm On Sep 03
TheDemola:

I don't understand this your statement. Pls explain more on what your argument is
You can't produce diesel without first producing petrol

It's impossible
Re: Dangote Officially Announces The Commencement Of Petrol Production by TheDemola: 4:20pm On Sep 03
MEEVEET:

I hate when people argue without facts.. A simple Google would solve this but since u don't want to

Here u go

Oga, this is just the basics, to give you an idea. Technology has improved on this. That petrol from the diagram is actually Naphtha, which can't be used directly as it needs further refining (due to sulphur and other contamination), and blending, to conform to standards devoid of environmental pollution
Re: Dangote Officially Announces The Commencement Of Petrol Production by MEEVEET: 4:20pm On Sep 03
sparko1:

Diesel and petrol are product of crude oil, while both originate from crude oil, they differ significantly in their production and composition.

What you want to say is, once they start producing Fuel, they can't say they haven't been producing diesel, it's possible to have diesel without petrol.
Oga it's impossible.. Didn't u do chemistry?

Petrol comes out before diesel
Re: Dangote Officially Announces The Commencement Of Petrol Production by TheDemola: 4:22pm On Sep 03
MEEVEET:

You can't produce diesel without first producing petrol

It's impossible
I have explained better in the previous quote. I studied chemistry and presently work in a refinery, so I know better.
That petrol you think, is not petrol, but naphtha (a gasoline complex) which still needs further refining
Re: Dangote Officially Announces The Commencement Of Petrol Production by Lithiumite: 4:24pm On Sep 03
Vadese1:
This your comparison has no basic. Nigeria is among the world highest crude oil productions . Ghana is no way to be compared with nigeria. The crude production from one oil field in delta region alone is bigger than the entire productions lines from Tacoradi in Ghana. The nigeria government is supposed to make fuel cheaper to her citizens than any other countries, because aside the fuel benefits there is no other benefits that come from the government to the citizens

So because we have fuel in abundance we should be getting it free.....do you know what the cost of production and transport is?

Tell me one thing that's free in the US or UK,you guys complain too much..........the naira had been grossly overvalued for a long time and now it's finding it's true value we are yet still not understanding it.
Re: Dangote Officially Announces The Commencement Of Petrol Production by MEEVEET: 4:29pm On Sep 03
TheDemola:

I have explained better in the previous quote. I studied chemistry and presently work in a refinery, so I know better.
That petrol you think, is not petrol, but naphtha (a gasoline complex) which still needs further refining

Re: Dangote Officially Announces The Commencement Of Petrol Production by TheDemola: 4:35pm On Sep 03
jamesversion:

Its an issue of nomenclature. Distillation and cracking are a means to an end. They use fire in both processes. Just that distillation is an inefficient process in the production of fuels. The products from the cooking are usually mixed with gases, that's the reason why "Asari" kerosene sometimes explodes, because of its mixture with gases and sometimes fuel.

They process the illegal refinery boys use is distillation, I.e. cooking in a pot.

You're mixing things up.
Both processes are done almost instantaneously. Cracking, (thermal or catalytic) comes first, thereafter, the products from the cracking are sent to the distillation column so that the various components can distill at their various boiling points
Re: Dangote Officially Announces The Commencement Of Petrol Production by TheDemola: 4:37pm On Sep 03
[quote author=MEEVEET post=131837682][/quote]
Oga, it's not easy peasy as the diagram says. Why are modular refineries not producing petrol then?
Re: Dangote Officially Announces The Commencement Of Petrol Production by jamesversion: 4:39pm On Sep 03
TheDemola:

You're mixing things up.
Both processes are done almost instantaneously. Cracking, (thermal or catalytic) comes first, thereafter, the products from the cracking are sent to the distillation column so that the various components can distill at their various boiling points

So the one my cookers were doing those days of kpo fire in Rivers state is called what??
Re: Dangote Officially Announces The Commencement Of Petrol Production by adabaraabdul: 4:50pm On Sep 03
MEEVEET:

yes very true, he's only speaking on the products he wants.
Re: Dangote Officially Announces The Commencement Of Petrol Production by loswhite(m): 5:04pm On Sep 03
MEEVEET:

It's above your intelligence level... Go pick of sec school chemistry
lol a dunce always think they are educated just like a mad man thinks Normal people are mad.
Re: Dangote Officially Announces The Commencement Of Petrol Production by sparko1(m): 5:08pm On Sep 03
MEEVEET:

Oga it's impossible.. Didn't u do chemistry?

Petrol comes out before diesel

Very funny, it depends on the temperature, petrol require a higher temperature, it's not impossible.

Study up on your hydrocarbon.
Re: Dangote Officially Announces The Commencement Of Petrol Production by MEEVEET: 5:13pm On Sep 03
sparko1:

Very funny, it depends on the temperature, petrol require a higher temperature, it's not impossible.

Study up on your hydrocarbon.
Petrol requirs lower temperature than diesel so what's your point?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

With These Your Business And Career Will Take A Giant Leap! / Prices Of Food Items Soar In Lagos Markets / Sales And Distribution Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.