Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,139 members, 7,949,922 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 11:24 PM

Dangote Officially Announces The Commencement Of Petrol Production - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangote Officially Announces The Commencement Of Petrol Production (17868 Views)

Access Bank Announces The Death Of CEO Wigwe, Wife & Son / Fatgbems Fuel Station In Abeokuta Dispenses Water To Motorists Instead Of Petrol / Golden Guinea Breweries Dispels Rumours On The Commencement Of Full Operations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Officially Announces The Commencement Of Petrol Production by Ojuntana: 5:32pm On Sep 03
MEEVEET:

Only issue with your logic is you have to get to petrol which have a lower evaporation temperature before diesel which is higher
You're getting it wrong. The boiling is a purification process not an evaporation process. That's why it is both boiling and pressurising that's employed. Petrol is a higher purified oil than diesel. So you realise diesel first before petrol
Re: Dangote Officially Announces The Commencement Of Petrol Production by MEEVEET: 5:37pm On Sep 03
Ojuntana:

You're getting it wrong. The boiling is a purification process not an evaporation process. That's why it is both boiling and pressurising that's employed. Petrol is a higher purified oil than diesel. So you realise diesel first before petrol
Go n re read your chemistry books

Re: Dangote Officially Announces The Commencement Of Petrol Production by Yong4ever: 5:38pm On Sep 03
MEEVEET:
When I hear things like this I just laugh 😂😂😂

Someone that has been producing diesel since

Abi you guys think you can use crude to produce one product? Lmaooo

In the cracking stages different products come out at different temperatures... You can't pick and choose which to produce
I'm just wondering too,fractional distillation should give you by products.
Re: Dangote Officially Announces The Commencement Of Petrol Production by okoroemeka(m): 5:48pm On Sep 03
MEEVEET:
When I hear things like this I just laugh 😂😂😂

Someone that has been producing diesel since

Abi you guys think you can use crude to produce one product? Lmaooo

In the cracking stages different products come out at different temperatures... You can't pick and choose which to produce
there might be a reason for that,maybe fuel needs more attention or equipment to get,even the local refiners in the bush only has diesel most of the time,
Re: Dangote Officially Announces The Commencement Of Petrol Production by Vadese1: 6:02pm On Sep 03
I wouldn't go too far, just be aware that agricultural operations in most parts of the world are being subsidies for their citizens. Basic life necessity in western world enjoys subsidies. Don't come and mention US or UK. To mention less, Education is free for most of the Arab countries for their citizens. Nigeria is the only country that her citizens will continue to sacrifice every things

Lithiumite:

So because we have fuel in abundance we should be getting it free.....do you know what the cost of production and transport is?

Tell me one thing that's free in the US or UK,you guys complain too much..........the naira had been grossly overvalued for a long time and now it's finding it's true value we are yet still not understanding it.
Re: Dangote Officially Announces The Commencement Of Petrol Production by Ojuntana: 6:42pm On Sep 03
MEEVEET:

Go n re read your chemistry books
Which has a higher octane between diesel and petrol
Re: Dangote Officially Announces The Commencement Of Petrol Production by MEEVEET: 6:56pm On Sep 03
Ojuntana:

Which has a higher octane between diesel and petrol
What does octane number have to do with fractional distillation?

Octane for petrol is a measure of the quality
Catane for diesel is the same thing

Like I said pick up your chemistry text you need it
Re: Dangote Officially Announces The Commencement Of Petrol Production by Ojuntana: 7:42pm On Sep 03
MEEVEET:

What does octane number have to do with fractional distillation?

Octane for petrol is a measure of the quality
Catane for diesel is the same thing

Like I said pick up your chemistry text you need it
The octane rating is how easily it yields under high pressure
Re: Dangote Officially Announces The Commencement Of Petrol Production by MEEVEET: 7:50pm On Sep 03
Ojuntana:

The octane rating is how easily it yields under high pressure
Lol you just copied from Google abi

What does that have to do with production?

Asking octane number of diesel gave u up
Re: Dangote Officially Announces The Commencement Of Petrol Production by Ojuntana: 8:01pm On Sep 03
MEEVEET:

Lol you just copied from Google abi

What does that have to do with production?

Asking octane number of diesel gave u up
But you know if it's from Google, I'll know diesel used cetane number
Petrol is higher than diesel in octane rating
Therefore it can withstand pressure more
That's why to get petrol, you have to carry out catalytic reforming on the petroleum oil you get from distillation
Re: Dangote Officially Announces The Commencement Of Petrol Production by Lithiumite: 9:00pm On Sep 03
Vadese1:
I wouldn't go too far, just be aware that agricultural operations in most parts of the world are being subsidies for their citizens. Basic life necessity in western world enjoys subsidies. Don't come and mention US or UK. To mention less, Education is free for most of the Arab countries for their citizens. Nigeria is the only country that her citizens will continue to sacrifice every things

I always laugh at Ur likes that would always insult their country at every chance without showing any capacity of really understanding the problems.

Do you know how much subsidy goes into agric as we speak in Nigeria,education is almost free in Nigeria even upto tertiary level depending how you want to look at it.

Nigeria still remains one of the cheapest countries to live compared to those other places u mentioned.....I am not unaware of the high level of corruption that pervades out society.....our problem is more systemic than individualistic.

The govt are sure doing their bit but it all gets eaten up by few .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sales And Distribution Business / Wigwe Appointed MD/CEO Of Access Bank To Succeed Imoukhede / N11bn Oil Scam: DSS Trying To Blackmail Me – Ifeanyi Ubah Finally Opens Up

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.