Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,198,955 members, 7,969,931 topics. Date: Tuesday, 08 October 2024 at 04:51 PM

Holders Of Masters Degree Pls Advise Me!!! - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Holders Of Masters Degree Pls Advise Me!!! (13984 Views)

We Will Go After Holders Of Certificates From Degree Mills – Education Minister / My Jamb Result Is Out; Pls Advise Me On Choice Of Career. / Cost Of Masters Degree(academic And Professional)updated . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Holders Of Masters Degree Pls Advise Me!!! by popweezy(m): 6:50pm On Sep 03
Holders of masters degree! What advice do you have for a BSC holder? Should he further? Wouldn't it be a waste of time and resources with the current situation of the country? Your inputs will be so much appreciated .God bless you all

6 Likes

Re: Holders Of Masters Degree Pls Advise Me!!! by TemplarLandry: 7:01pm On Sep 03
It's advisable to go ahead with your Masters. E get why.
popweezy:
Holders of masters degree! What advice do you have for a BSC holder? Should he further? Wouldn't it be a waste of time and resources with the current situation of the country? Your inputs will be so much appreciated .God bless you all

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Holders Of Masters Degree Pls Advise Me!!! by ednut1(m): 8:04pm On Sep 03
popweezy:
what is your first degree in How old are you . Harsh reality is a masters wont improve your employment chances if you have zero work experience.

94 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Holders Of Masters Degree Pls Advise Me!!! by Tohsynetita1: 8:26pm On Sep 03
popweezy:
What course did you study?

4 Likes

Re: Holders Of Masters Degree Pls Advise Me!!! by Ozone007: 8:57pm On Sep 03
I have a master degree but not currently working with it

I'll advise you get an IT certification course and after getting certificate from SYSCO, the sky will be your starting point

45 Likes

Re: Holders Of Masters Degree Pls Advise Me!!! by egojeny1(f): 9:22pm On Sep 03
Ozone007:

I'll advise you get an IT certification course and after getting certificate from SYSCO, the sky will be your starting point
Pls mention some of the IT courses that are high in demand.
Also, what is SYSCO?

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Holders Of Masters Degree Pls Advise Me!!! by ekineme: 9:48pm On Sep 03
egojeny1:

Also, what is SYSCO?

CISCO*

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Holders Of Masters Degree Pls Advise Me!!! by ekineme: 9:50pm On Sep 03
Ozone007:

It is CISCO and not SYSCO

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Holders Of Masters Degree Pls Advise Me!!! by NikoPomar: 10:16pm On Sep 03
If you're holding a master's degree and exploring your next career steps, it's important to leverage your advanced qualifications effectively. With a master's degree, you're well-positioned for roles that require specialized knowledge and skills. Tailoring your job applications to highlight how your advanced education aligns with your career goals can be highly advantageous. Networking within your field and staying informed about industry developments can also open doors to new opportunities. If you're considering further studies or professional development, look for programs that complement and build on your masters degree. Remember, your master's degree is a significant asset, and strategically utilizing it can greatly enhance your career trajectory.

8 Likes

Re: Holders Of Masters Degree Pls Advise Me!!! by Juliearth(f): 1:56am On Sep 04
popweezy:

You actually can have the best of both worlds. If your intended course of study is a professional masters programme, you will have ample time to hustle and still study because classes are mostly scheduled between Friday and Saturday. Academic masters programmes are more stressful though since you will have an entire year of course work from Monday to Friday and even Saturday in some rare cases.

Regardless, you can still sign up and then get a side hustle.

All the best!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Holders Of Masters Degree Pls Advise Me!!! by Juliearth(f): 1:57am On Sep 04
NikoPomar:
If you're holding a master's degree and exploring your next career steps, it's important to leverage your advanced qualifications effectively. With a master's degree, you're well-positioned for roles that require specialized knowledge and skills. Tailoring your job applications to highlight how your advanced education aligns with your career goals can be highly advantageous. Networking within your field and staying informed about industry developments can also open doors to new opportunities. If you're considering further studies or professional development, look for programs that complement and build on your masters degree. Remember, your master's degree is a significant asset, and strategically utilizing it can greatly enhance your career trajectory.

Well said.
Re: Holders Of Masters Degree Pls Advise Me!!! by popweezy(m): 7:26am On Sep 04
Juliearth:

You actually can have the best of both worlds. If your intended course of study is a professional masters programme, you will have ample time to hustle and still study because classes are mostly scheduled between Friday and Saturday. Academic masters programmes are more stressful though since you will have an entire year of course work from Monday to Friday and even Saturday in some rare cases.

Regardless, you can still sign up and then get a side hustle.

All the best!
Thanks so much

3 Likes

Re: Holders Of Masters Degree Pls Advise Me!!! by popweezy(m): 7:29am On Sep 04
NikoPomar:
wow! This is helpful. I so much appreciate
Re: Holders Of Masters Degree Pls Advise Me!!! by egojeny1(f): 10:16am On Sep 04
ekineme:

CISCO*
Ok, thanks

1 Like

Re: Holders Of Masters Degree Pls Advise Me!!! by qanda: 10:38am On Sep 04
Providing more information will help to advise you better. What is your intention? What did you study at B.Sc level?

Which Masters programme are you considering? Do you have a Career plan?

It won't be easy to tailor the advice without providing this information.

6 Likes

Re: Holders Of Masters Degree Pls Advise Me!!! by Calylove: 10:38am On Sep 04
He should further his education. Their is light ahead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVJC-cL-JB0

1 Like

Re: Holders Of Masters Degree Pls Advise Me!!! by Kirchoffs: 10:38am On Sep 04
popweezy:
Better go buy POS begin dey do mobile business . If you like get PhD you go still dey collect 150k monthly salary.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Holders Of Masters Degree Pls Advise Me!!! by EreluRoz: 10:39am On Sep 04
I did mine immediately after service. God knows I've tried my best let my future husband do the rest. Aside certification and others I'm not going to school again.

Since you are a man please go for your masters and even further sef. Bsc is not enough for a man

4 Likes

Re: Holders Of Masters Degree Pls Advise Me!!! by JikSneh: 10:39am On Sep 04
Use the money for that your masters and eat food, eat good food first.

No one knows tomorrow

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Holders Of Masters Degree Pls Advise Me!!! by PerfectStranger(m): 10:39am On Sep 04
Kirchoffs:
Better go buy POS begin dey do mobile business . If you like get PhD you go still dey collect 150k monthly salary.
Better take this advise serious oga grin
Re: Holders Of Masters Degree Pls Advise Me!!! by Zionmdde: 10:41am On Sep 04
It's better you focus on jobs, learning a monetizable skill and internships or even volunteer work

Then when you get something doing, go to certifications and if you have time and resources, you can then go for msc

3 Likes

Re: Holders Of Masters Degree Pls Advise Me!!! by 99thEnemy(m): 10:42am On Sep 04
popweezy:

You won’t get any reasonable answer if you don’t provide more details in order to get a well tailored response.

I would in turn ask you:

1. What Bachelors degree do you have?

2. What are your career goals?

3. What Industry are you aiming to go into?

4. What is your passion?

Update your Original Post with the answer to these questions and see better tailored opinions flow in this thread.

5 Likes

Re: Holders Of Masters Degree Pls Advise Me!!! by Damian911: 10:43am On Sep 04
πŸ˜‚
Well said or ChatGpt grin
Juliearth:

Well said.

3 Likes

Re: Holders Of Masters Degree Pls Advise Me!!! by Fatbam003: 10:44am On Sep 04
It is not given for a man to order his steps ask spirits

1 Like

Re: Holders Of Masters Degree Pls Advise Me!!! by kestolove95(m): 10:45am On Sep 04
No education is waste, if you hv the opportunity go for it...

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Holders Of Masters Degree Pls Advise Me!!! by EreluRoz: 10:45am On Sep 04
ednut1:
what is your first degree in How old are you . Harsh reality is a masters wont improve your employment chances if you have zero work experience.
It does, don't mislead him please.

1 Like

Re: Holders Of Masters Degree Pls Advise Me!!! by NaijaCrusader: 10:45am On Sep 04
It depends on your age and financial capacity either yours or your sponsors but added knowledge and certifications have never been a bad idea regardless of if there is a waiting job or not

2 Likes

Re: Holders Of Masters Degree Pls Advise Me!!! by Segzy19: 10:45am On Sep 04
Think of the future as well, not only current situation. A time may come in future when that MSc could be useful e.g. appointment into higher position, employment, promotions and other opportunities..

If the person has time and the resources, then he should do the masters now before life gets busier ...

popweezy:

5 Likes

Re: Holders Of Masters Degree Pls Advise Me!!! by Yemidiya(m): 10:46am On Sep 04
egojeny1:

Also, what is SYSCO?
SO NA CISCO DIS GUY TURN TO SYSCO...
YOU DON GET REAL ADVISER OOO.
Re: Holders Of Masters Degree Pls Advise Me!!! by spiSeyi: 10:46am On Sep 04
My nigga education is good but certificates are losing their relevancy in this age because we are in the information age (what matters most is the quality of information you have and how well you can solve problems). You better go and learn tech,farming , investment or trading skills grin , even if you attain Doctorate it's just a toilet paper. I have a lot of masters degree holders regretting for not ignoring masters for skill acquisition.
After my BSC nah tech & biz I run into cool and I can tell you that it paid off than pursuing masters. What's the essence of masters that can't earn 300-400k even prof nah 500k be there pay. And that 500k is what a well-to-do tech or biz guy will get in just a day or week cool.
You can pursue masters and others after making enough money for yourself

13 Likes

Re: Holders Of Masters Degree Pls Advise Me!!! by Treadway: 10:47am On Sep 04
popweezy:
as ednut1 said, I wouldn't advise you to bother with a masters degree. None of that matters in the Nigeria of today. What you must do is pursue skills or certifications that will add value to you eg get chartered if your discipline is in accounting, or other certificatiions relevant to your field, or just commit to learning tech skills.

Even me sef dey reason tech as I dey so.

MSc, MBA and all those niigbati niigbati no mean shi in Nigeria, esp if your plan is to hit the ground running. If you already had a job/career going and you're looking to consolidate and position yourself for some kin opportunities that may come up, that one make sense.....

But thinking that fresh out an Msc will offer you any major competitive advantage esp in backward Nigeria, is a tall tall gamble. E no sure rara.

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2 Students Sponsored By Presidential Amnesty Programme Graduate In USA(photos) / LASU Shines At International Moot Competition In India. / Advice To Freshers In Nigerian Higher Institutions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.