Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,998 members, 7,886,726 topics. Date: Thursday, 11 July 2024 at 02:25 PM

How Google Is Killing Nigerian Online Businesses - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Google Is Killing Nigerian Online Businesses (8368 Views)

The Reasons Why Most Online Businesses Fail In Nigeria / Social Media Killing Nigerian Newspapers, Say Vendors / List Of Genuine Online Businesses You Can Do (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Google Is Killing Nigerian Online Businesses by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 7:40pm On Dec 12, 2011
I think a lot of Nigeria's best IT brains operate in an environment in which they compete with themselves on a platform where the client does not demand global standards and strategic competitive advantage as Value indigenous IT companies must bring to the table - though you cannot ignore google (at your own risk) . IT Naijans have made it all the more easier - it is horror stories most places I go to when it comes to IT-service quality, innovation and business-driven development.
Re: How Google Is Killing Nigerian Online Businesses by Fhemmmy: 11:17pm On Dec 12, 2011
^^^ And i think one of the reason is because, Nigerian are not seen as a place where they need to give the best to the people.

Take the case of even the Telecoms in Nigeria, the network is so terrible and yet the govt aint doing anything about it, nor the people complaining.
Re: How Google Is Killing Nigerian Online Businesses by Hodaya(m): 4:01am On Dec 15, 2011
Well, enough said on this, Google is here to provide a service and get paid for it. This is at the expense of our own development and loss reduced opportunity for the IT geeks.

For those asking the indigenous IT developers to get creative, if you have ever established a business you should how important advertising is and it doesn't come cheap. No way will any local business will be able to compete with Google's advertisement budget, it is just impossible. It is important to know that ever great idea needs massive publicity as well before it can be successful.

It's obvious we lack common interest here, a drive around the city is another evidence of our lack of unity and common goals.

My fear is, things will undoubtedly get worse for us as a nation at this rate no personal interest.
Re: How Google Is Killing Nigerian Online Businesses by kayjegs: 7:23am On Dec 15, 2011
All well said. Google is a company that is here to do business. Though looks as if its killing Nigerian online businesses. What we fail to realise is that there are trends in businesses. Now businesses are supposed to have global approach which Nigerian businesses are not doing. Our govt is not helping matters in this aspect. They dont know what it means to be online and global. Check out websites of our Government and agencies, very poor and non-functional. So they cannot help to regulate when any foreign company is going beyond boundaries.
Since we know this, Nigerian online business needs to be extra-aggressive in their output. One thing you must know is that Google cannot understand the Nigerian market like Nigerians so it takes extra thinking.
I am trying to start an online payment processing company+all aspect of ecommerce. I needed funds and I asked people. They were skeptical with my ideas and methods. My method of getting the market looks strange, its the kind of idea google cannot understand because I am a Nigerian but yet my Nigerian people couldnt understand. They want to stick with the old method of doing business. You cant win a Google company like that. I believe we are not thinking enough is the problem. I developed an ecommerce idea more than 7 years ago that will change the way business is being conducted in the world and till today I have not seen anyone with such idea but I dont have funds to carry it out. If I explain to people, they may not understand but a company like google can carry it out if they have such ideas because they have funds. So what do I do? Nothing,
Nigerians just like to talk, they dont think deeply. This goes to those who are for and against google here. If you have money, sponsor ideas and dont just talk. Take a cue from our music industry, those guys are competing well with the foreingners. Nigerians are intelligent, I submit,
Re: How Google Is Killing Nigerian Online Businesses by kayjegs: 7:25am On Dec 15, 2011
All well said. Google is a company that is here to do business. Though looks as if its killing Nigerian online businesses. What we fail to realise is that there are trends in businesses. Now businesses are supposed to have global approach which Nigerian businesses are not doing. Our govt is not helping matters in this aspect. They dont know what it means to be online and global. Check out websites of our Government and agencies, very poor and non-functional. So they cannot help to regulate when any foreign company is going beyond boundaries.
Since we know this, Nigerian online business needs to be extra-aggressive in their output. One thing you must know is that Google cannot understand the Nigerian market like Nigerians so it takes extra thinking.
I am trying to start an online payment processing company+all aspect of ecommerce. I needed funds and I asked people. They were skeptical with my ideas and methods. My method of getting the market looks strange, its the kind of idea google cannot understand because I am a Nigerian but yet my Nigerian people couldnt understand. They want to stick with the old method of doing business. You cant win a Google company like that. I believe we are not thinking enough is the problem. I developed an ecommerce idea more than 7 years ago that will change the way business is being conducted in the world and till today I have not seen anyone with such idea but I dont have funds to carry it out. If I explain to people, they may not understand but a company like google can carry it out if they have such ideas because they have funds. So what do I do? Nothing,
Nigerians just like to talk, they dont think deeply. This goes to those who are for and against google here. If you have money, sponsor ideas and dont just talk. Take a cue from our music industry, those guys are competing well with the foreingners. Nigerians are intelligent, I submit,
Re: How Google Is Killing Nigerian Online Businesses by kayjegs: 7:25am On Dec 15, 2011
Re: How Google Is Killing Nigerian Online Businesses by tck2000(m): 1:11pm On Jun 01, 2019

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

BEFORE You Buy Electronics At LADIPO MKT, And B4 You Lose Your Money, Must Read / Nigeria’s External Reserves Hit Four Year High Of $38.2bn — Emefiele / ATM: Banks To Lose Millions If Transaction Fee Is Stopped

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.