Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,915 members, 7,883,186 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 05:27 AM

GEJ On Nigeria's Efforts To Reduce Deaths Of Mothers & Children - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / GEJ On Nigeria's Efforts To Reduce Deaths Of Mothers & Children (1551 Views)

Pics: Women Storm Lagos Assembly Over Deaths Of Pregnant Women In Lagos Hospital / WHO Blames Pesticide For ‘mysterious Deaths’ In Nigerian Town / Dew Bottled Water Causing Deaths In Nigeria? HOAX (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

GEJ On Nigeria's Efforts To Reduce Deaths Of Mothers & Children by Seun(m): 10:00am On Dec 08, 2011
GEJ: I am gratified at the news that the International Social Security Association (ISSA) has recognized and awarded Nigeria for the best intervention in reducing Infant and Maternal Mortality in Africa.

This is an acknowledgement of the deliberate efforts by government to invest resources in sectors that enhance the Human Development of Nigerians and was also recently validated by the United Nations Development Programme’s 2011 Human Development Index report which also established that in 2011 Nigeria made the most progress ever in growing the Life Expectancy of her citizens from 47.56 years to 51.9 years which represents a 10% increase in the life span of the average Nigerian.

Why should a mother die during childbirth if we can help it? Why should an innocent child coming into this world die for no fault of his/hers?

It is easy to take these steps of progress for granted, but we should remember that health is wealth and I personally believe that the transformation agenda should include intangibles like improved healthcare in addition to tangibles like improved infrastructure which we are also working on.

GEJ.
https://www.facebook.com/jonathangoodluck/posts/278998688817179
Re: GEJ On Nigeria's Efforts To Reduce Deaths Of Mothers & Children by sparkle10(m): 10:14am On Dec 08, 2011
Nice one. Ride on Mr. President.
Re: GEJ On Nigeria's Efforts To Reduce Deaths Of Mothers & Children by filjc(m): 10:22am On Dec 08, 2011
This is a positive report. there are so many urgent issues that need handling as well. we expect more and we are hopeful you will do better.
Re: GEJ On Nigeria's Efforts To Reduce Deaths Of Mothers & Children by Iolo(m): 10:24am On Dec 08, 2011
Good Job, Mr Presido.
Re: GEJ On Nigeria's Efforts To Reduce Deaths Of Mothers & Children by viceb: 10:31am On Dec 08, 2011
Thanks Mr President but we clamor for more, there are millions of unemployed youthssssssssssssssssss.
Re: GEJ On Nigeria's Efforts To Reduce Deaths Of Mothers & Children by rekeson: 10:41am On Dec 08, 2011
U need to visit dat link and see how nigerians are hacking GEJ to death with their comments. Very interesting!!!
Re: GEJ On Nigeria's Efforts To Reduce Deaths Of Mothers & Children by Boyoorisha: 10:54am On Dec 08, 2011
rekeson:

U need to visit dat link and see how nigerians are hacking GEJ to death with their comments. Very interesting!!!

I also visited the page on FB, guys are not taking it with GEJ at all. The comments are full of attacks
Re: GEJ On Nigeria's Efforts To Reduce Deaths Of Mothers & Children by mrjingles(m): 11:21am On Dec 08, 2011
The president must be more worried by the quality of english in the posts not the negative comments. Some posts don't even make sense.
Re: GEJ On Nigeria's Efforts To Reduce Deaths Of Mothers & Children by anneduke: 12:46am On Dec 09, 2011
i like it.
Re: GEJ On Nigeria's Efforts To Reduce Deaths Of Mothers & Children by Hoodrat(m): 9:49am On Dec 09, 2011
nairaland should stop promoting any news pertaining GEJ and the rest of the fools, Or is nairaland no longer for the literate again? Is clear written on the wall what these lunatics old fools has been spreading all this while nothing has been done or accounted for so why wasting time posting their useless message of hopes when there are other things to be done here abeg?Whenever i see a post about GEJ and co it makes me want to disconnect my internet.
Re: GEJ On Nigeria's Efforts To Reduce Deaths Of Mothers & Children by Kx: 9:50am On Dec 09, 2011
Hoodrat:

nairaland should stop promoting any news pertaining GEJ and the rest of the fools, Or is nairaland no longer for the literate again? Is clear written on the wall what these lunatics old fools has been spreading all this while nothing has been done or accounted for so why wasting time posting their useless message of hopes when there are other things to be done here abeg?Whenever i see a post about GEJ and co it makes me want to disconnect my internet.

I wish Seun could heed this.
Re: GEJ On Nigeria's Efforts To Reduce Deaths Of Mothers & Children by werepeLeri: 11:58am On Dec 09, 2011
Hoodrat:

nairaland should stop promoting any news pertaining GEJ and the rest of the fools,  Or is nairaland no longer for the literate again?  Is clear written on the wall what these lunatics old fools has been spreading all this while nothing has been done or accounted for so why wasting time posting their useless message of hopes when there are other things to be done here abeg?Whenever i see a post about GEJ and co it makes me want to disconnect my internet.

You have answered the question yourself. Is NairaLand no longer for the literate? It is not only good for you to disconnect your internet, it is better for you to smash the cheap computer or at best plug a cotton wool into your ears and plaster your face with acid so that you wont hear or read anything about GEJ.

Please - did you go to school at all?
Re: GEJ On Nigeria's Efforts To Reduce Deaths Of Mothers & Children by Hoodrat(m): 2:54am On Dec 14, 2011
werepeLeri:

You have answered the question yourself. Is NairaLand no longer for the literate? It is not only good for you to disconnect your internet, it is better for you to smash the cheap computer or at best plug a cotton wool into your ears and plaster your face with acid so that you wont hear or read anything about GEJ.

Please - did you go to school at all?

Sounds like somebody mad that their hero is zero cheesy. Suffering and smiling fela don already talk am.

(1) (Reply)

Doctor,:pls How Early Can One Get A Positive Pregnancy Result / Firmcare Diagnostics & Medical Services Ltd. / Lasting Solution To Your Health Challenges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.