Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,133 members, 7,943,088 topics. Date: Sunday, 08 September 2024 at 04:24 AM

UPDATED: Ajuri Ngelale Steps Down As Tinubu’s Spokesman - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / UPDATED: Ajuri Ngelale Steps Down As Tinubu’s Spokesman (81 Views)

Real Reasons Ajuri Ngelale ‘Resigned’ As Tinubu’s Spokesman - Daily Nigeria / Tinubu’s Spokesperson, Ajuri Ngelale Steps Down, Gives Reason / President Buhari Got "False Intelligence" From CBN - Ajuri Ngelale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

UPDATED: Ajuri Ngelale Steps Down As Tinubu’s Spokesman by Fareke: 1:58pm On Sep 07
By Olugbenga Ige

The Special Adviser to President Bola Tinubu on Media and Publicity, Ajuri Ngelale, has stepped down from his role with immediate effect.

In a statement issued by the Presidency on Saturday, Ngelale said he had submitted a memo to the Chief of Staff to the President, Femi Gbajabiamila, informing him of his plan to proceed on indefinite leave.

Ngelale added that he has stepped down as the Special Presidential Envoy on Climate Action and Chairman of the Presidential Steering Committee on Project Evergreen.

According to Ngelale, he stepped down from his role to deal with medical matters presently affecting his nuclear family.

The statement read, “On Friday, I submitted a memo to the Chief of Staff to the President informing my office that I am proceeding on an indefinite leave of absence to frontally deal with medical matters presently affecting my immediate nuclear family.

"While I fully appreciate that the ship of state waits for no man, this agonizing decision — entailing a pause of my functions as the Special Adviser to the President on Media & Publicity and Official Spokesperson of the President, Special Presidential Envoy on Climate Action, and Chairman, Presidential Steering Committee on Project Evergreen — was taken after significant consultations with my family over the past several days as a vexatious medical situation has worsened at home.

"I look forward to returning to full-time national service when time, healing, and fate permit. I respectfully ask for some privacy for my family and me during this time.”

On August 1, 2023, Ngelale was appointed as the Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity.

According to a statement from the Office of the Secretary to the Government of the Federation, the appointment took effect on July 31, 2023, and will terminate at the end of this administration unless otherwise decided by the President.
On May 19, 2024, Tinubu appointed Ngelale as the first Special Presidential Envoy on Climate Action. He was also appointed as the Chairman of the Presidential Steering Committee on Project Evergreen and Secretary of the Presidential Committee on Climate Action and Green Economic Solutions.

Ngelale was born on November 13, 1986, in Platteville, Wisconsin, United States, to a Nigerian father of Eleme origin in Rivers State, Precious Ngelale and a German-American mother, Diane Ngelale.

He is a Nigerian broadcast journalist and has served as a senior reporter and presenter at Africa Independent Television and Channels Television.

He previously served as the Senior Special Adviser on Public Affairs to President Muhammadu Buhari between 2019 and 2023 and was a co-principal spokesperson of the Bola Tinubu Presidential Campaign Council for the 2023 presidential election.

https://punchng.com/breaking-ajuri-ngelale-steps-down-as-tinubus-spokesman/

(1) (Reply)

Breaking: Ypp Wins Two Saturday's Rerun Elections In Anambra / Pdp Governors' Forum Urges Federal Government To Establish State Police. / APC And Its Supporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.