Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,747 members, 7,952,072 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 10:21 AM

The Increase In VAT Is Set To Become The Blazing Inferno- Atiku - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Increase In VAT Is Set To Become The Blazing Inferno- Atiku (15766 Views)

Lawyer Sues FG, 12 Northern States For Sharing In VAT Realised From Alchohol / Kano Beats 5 South-Eastern States In VAT Collection - Daily Trust / Over 60% Of Lagos VAT Is From Sea Port (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Increase In VAT Is Set To Become The Blazing Inferno- Atiku by kunle4toyeyaho: 7:35pm On Sep 08
Blazetrailer:
Lol....daft, come back in 3 months time and re read the nonsense you wrote.

VAT will be increased, the plans are in place already.

You are a bufon , stop thriving on speculation just because your candidate was properly defeated in the last election. As at today, nothing suggests increase in VAT percentage atleast in the next 6 months.
Re: The Increase In VAT Is Set To Become The Blazing Inferno- Atiku by ceejay80s(m): 7:48pm On Sep 08
I a ready for civil war
Re: The Increase In VAT Is Set To Become The Blazing Inferno- Atiku by Blazetrailer: 8:07pm On Sep 08
Comical how this slowpoke thinks anyone who disagreed with Tinubu's mismanagement of the economy is doing so because they had a candidate...lol, very typical of myopic dafts.

I never even particpated in the election talk more of having candidates. I left before the disaster of elections because i saw nothing was going to come out of the poor choices of candidates on the ballots.

Whether 6 months or 3 months, the VAT is billed to be increased, there have been discussions on it already, Taiwo Oyedele or not, he has little say on this. The real ones cooking the terrible and ineffective policies are in the inner caucus, he just makes noises. The National assembly will pass it in 1 day so dont worry have hopes on them. in essence, Atiku is right.

kunle4toyeyaho:
You are a bufon , stop thriving on speculation just because your candidate was properly defeated in the last election. As at today, nothing suggests increase in VAT percentage atleast in the next 6 months.

1 Like

Re: The Increase In VAT Is Set To Become The Blazing Inferno- Atiku by flokii: 8:19pm On Sep 08
Atiku see this one talk abeg..
I don't just know the kind of people advising this Government.. Incresing fuel price amidst biting inflation when prices of foodstuff are already high, still increasing VAT and imposing levy on fintech transfers.

No, this is very very bad.

If they continue like this, the next nationwide protest will snowball into something never witnessed before in Nigeria that can result in forceful change of Government.
Re: The Increase In VAT Is Set To Become The Blazing Inferno- Atiku by mankan2k7(m): 8:28pm On Sep 08
Tinupoo is Pharaoh who is on a fast lane of destruction. I pray he destroys himself without remedy.
Re: The Increase In VAT Is Set To Become The Blazing Inferno- Atiku by kkonyeji(m): 8:35pm On Sep 08
LibertyRep:

What has been the benefits of the ridiculous loans they took in the past on the masses?

Why even borrow unreasonably only to fritter it away on frivolities.

I support massive cut to the cost of governance to free fund instead of going cap in hand to borrow money for basic things.

I really do not think we need to tax the masses more to be able to have fund for the big boys play with.

Not even this period. Feel the purse of the masses first.

God bless you man, cost of governance should be cut to the barest minimum....that's the only solution now!
Re: The Increase In VAT Is Set To Become The Blazing Inferno- Atiku by kunle4toyeyaho: 8:53pm On Sep 08
Blazetrailer:
Comical how this slowpoke thinks anyine who disagreed with Tinubu's mismanagemt of the economy is doing so because they had a candidate...lol, very typical of myopic dafts

I never even particpated in the election talk more of having candidates. I left before the disaster of elections bevause i saw nothing was going to come out of the poor choices of candidates on the ballots.

Whether 6 months or 3 months, the VAT is billed to be increased, there have been discussions about it already, Taiwo Oyedele or not, he has little say on this. The real ones cooking the terrible and ineffective policies are in the inner caucus, he just makes noices. The National assembly eill pass it in 1 day. So in essence, Atiku is right.

This response of yours further confirms your daftness. You made an assertion and you could not back it up with incontrovertible evidence,how do you convince one?How else does one show hatred to the government of the day other than the way you have demonstrated? Spreading falsehood?You are being unnecessarily negative about the government of the day and you're still justifying your f0*lishness?Atiku's reason is purely political and I understand.
Re: The Increase In VAT Is Set To Become The Blazing Inferno- Atiku by Blazetrailer: 9:12pm On Sep 08
Lol....VAT will be increased. Stay there ans be waiting for incontrovertible evidence...oponu!!

Same way we told them the govt was still paying subsidy and the price increase on fuel was inevitable mobths ago and they were looking for incontrovertible evidence

You are too moronic to comprehend that increase i taxstion is inevitable....the other option is to pront currencies.....simpleton!!. Think deeper, oponu!!

kunle4toyeyaho:
This response of yours further confirms your daftness. You made an assertion and you could not back it up with incontrovertible evidence,how do you convince one?How else does one show hatred to the government of the day other than the way you have demonstrated? Spreading falsehood?You are being unnecessarily negative about the government of the day and you're still justifying your f0*lishness?Atiku's reason is purely political and I understand.
Re: The Increase In VAT Is Set To Become The Blazing Inferno- Atiku by Blazetrailer: 9:12pm On Sep 08
Lol....VAT will be increased. Stay there ans be waiting for incontrovertible evidence...oponu!!

Same way we told them the govt was still paying subsidy and the price increase on fuel was inevitable mobths ago and they were looking for incontrovertible evidence

You are too moronic to comprehend that increase i taxation is inevitable....the other option is to print currencies.....simpleton!!. Think deeper, oponu!!

kunle4toyeyaho:
Re: The Increase In VAT Is Set To Become The Blazing Inferno- Atiku by kunle4toyeyaho: 9:34pm On Sep 08
Blazetrailer:

You are too moronic to comprehend that increase i taxation is inevitable....the other option is to print currencies.....simpleton!!. Think deeper, oponu!!

Didinrin , I wonder why your brain enters auto reverse when you're confronted with superior argument. What suggests VAT would be increased,you could not provide any.You rely solely on beer parlour gist to make an assertion. The leader of the committee that is saddled with the responsibility has denied this severally,yet you continue spewing this nonsense and you want people to believe you?Learn to talk with data,facts and figures.
Re: The Increase In VAT Is Set To Become The Blazing Inferno- Atiku by Blazetrailer: 9:48pm On Sep 08
You know when you indulge an idiot for too long, he begins to attach an illusory self importance or an inkling of any intelligence to himself. That is your case.

This fool is relying on what one individual talks about, yet the recommendation of the committee is for the increase. Like I said, I will keep this post for reference in some months from now and stop engaging dafts to assuage their illusionary sense of even worth being engaged. Lol!!

https://dailypost.ng/2024/09/03/were-proposing-law-to-increase-vat-to-10-oyedele-tax-committee-chairman/

https://africataxreview.com/2024/09/02/nigeria-plans-vat-increase/

https://nigerianbulletin.com/ams/fg-eyes-vat-hike-to-10-as-part-of-major-tax-reforms.8375/

https://thenigerialawyer.com/presidential-committee-proposes-vat-increase-to-10-by-2025/

We know anytime the government comes to whett the public opinion with cases like this, they are about to initiate such a policy

I hope your family have not given you any responsibility other than a back bencher and food server at family gatherings, because you are not capable of making any decision given that you are visionless and completely unaware of your environment. Any reasonable person would be gearing up for an increase given the microeconomic dynamics.

Finally, a daft is not known by any physical attributes but more of not being aware of his surroundings and believing in what he is told rather than what he thinks they meant after a mental evaluation. Oponu!!!

kunle4toyeyaho:
Didinrin , I wonder why your brain enters auto reverse when you're confronted with superior argument. What suggests VAT would be increased,you could not provide any.You rely solely on beer parlour gist to make an assertion. [b]The leader of the committee that is saddled with the responsibility has denied this severally,[/b]yet you continue spewing this nonsense and you want people to believe you?Learn to talk with data,facts and figures.
Re: The Increase In VAT Is Set To Become The Blazing Inferno- Atiku by fkj950ax(m): 11:53pm On Sep 08
Bobloco:
Where is Wole Soyinka…

Woke Soyinka has played his part (good or bad) in the history of this nation.
The question you should ask is what are you, your brothers, your sister and age mates doing to shape this country? Absolutely nothing.
You can keep living in the past and expecting the people that are old and about to die to save you, while you and your age mates are in your prime.
Continuing in this path will just make your youth and prime a waste.
Jonathan, Buhari and Tinubu have all failed this country.
Re: The Increase In VAT Is Set To Become The Blazing Inferno- Atiku by bugu51: 1:16am On Sep 09
caye:

That's Helinues bot account: a man/ machine ( whichever is talking).

I hope your middle name is not Gabriel.
shocked
Re: The Increase In VAT Is Set To Become The Blazing Inferno- Atiku by cucumbar: 2:05am On Sep 09
Blazetrailer:
You know when you indulge an idiot for too long, he begins to attach an illusory self importance or an inkling of any intelligence to himself. That is your case.

This fool is relying on what one individual talks about, yet the recommendation of the committee is for the increase. Like I said, I will keep this post for reference in some months from now and stop engaging dafts to assuage their illusionary sense of even worth being engaged. Lol!!

https://dailypost.ng/2024/09/03/were-proposing-law-to-increase-vat-to-10-oyedele-tax-committee-chairman/

https://africataxreview.com/2024/09/02/nigeria-plans-vat-increase/

https://nigerianbulletin.com/ams/fg-eyes-vat-hike-to-10-as-part-of-major-tax-reforms.8375/

https://thenigerialawyer.com/presidential-committee-proposes-vat-increase-to-10-by-2025/

We know anytime the government comes to whett the public opinion with cases like this, they are about to initiate such a policy

I hope your family have not given you any responsibility other than a back bencher and food server at family gatherings, because you are not capable of making any decision given that you are visionless and completely unaware of your environment. Any reasonable person would be gearing up for an increase given the microeconomic dynamics.

Finally, a daft is not known by any physical attributes but more of not being aware of his surroundings and believing in what he is told rather than what he thinks they meant after a mental evaluation. Oponu!!!

The guy na serious oponu . Don’t even engage him again.

He’s just a typical agbadorian . Dem no get sense.

The demonic government has a pattern that plays out each time they want to come out with their demonic policy, and the I.D.I.O.T is here asking for proof. They think everyone is as dull as they are.
Re: The Increase In VAT Is Set To Become The Blazing Inferno- Atiku by Blazetrailer: 4:14am On Sep 09
My brother, i tire.....o...before I found out that the kunle4toyeyaho guy is a dunce, i initially thought he had anything upstairs.

Sometimes i weep internally, how Nigeria, with so much opportunities and resources ended being like this.

I just marvel at the reasoning of some so"educated" ones. By the time you engage them, it becomes so glaring how ans why someone with a known criminal jackground and so much baggage, ended up as the president of that great country that had so much promise and potential. To cap it, I'm from SW, and not an IPOB nor an obidient, neither do i wish someone like an Atiku find his way to power again. So im not coming from a partisan angle. I just react based on the unprecedented damage the balablu is doing to the economy.

I weep for the country

cucumbar:
The guy na serious oponu . Don’t even engage him again.

He’s just a typical agbadorian . Dem no get sense.

The demonic government has a pattern that plays out each time they want to come out with their demonic policy, and the I.D.I.O.T is here asking for proof. They think everyone is as dull as they are.
Re: The Increase In VAT Is Set To Become The Blazing Inferno- Atiku by DJInfluence: 5:21am On Sep 09
LibertyRep:

I already said the government should embrace massive cut in the cost of governance. How do you run this expensive, wasteful and flamboyant government and then expect the masses to bear the brunt without revolt.

It's not even a Gen Z thing., it's common sense. Kenya isn't a template for Nigeria.

The government needs to demonstrate prudence to be able to secure the buy-in of the masses. I'm afraid, that confidence is missing in this admiration.

If you have the ears of those in the authority, tell them there's always an elastic limit and a tipping point.

You can't force subsidy removal and currency devaluation simultaneously on the masses and then thought of increasing taxes again while everyone groan in wants.

Again, go out and feel the purse of the people
All your points here and in previous contribution on this thread are spot on. But I am afraid you are preaching to the wall with that person you are having the exchange with. He/she doesn't need any convincing, I have a feeling he's only engaging you for the sake of having the back and forth. Or maybe he's convinced that the govt is on the right track which is something only a die hard supporter will think. So, my advice to you, ignore any further exchange with him, it's not worth your while.
Re: The Increase In VAT Is Set To Become The Blazing Inferno- Atiku by asadas123: 5:48am On Sep 09
Wait! Is this govt just out to make life difficult for everyone. Since the inception of this govt, it hasn't done anything that can be applauded. I know some will say what of the student loan and local govt autonomy. You can't increase school fees so high and then come up with what you call student loan that covers just a session. Even the money shared at faac is no longer having value so what is the essence of financial autonomy for local govt
Re: The Increase In VAT Is Set To Become The Blazing Inferno- Atiku by Nteogwuija(m): 8:49am On Sep 09
helinues:
Toh

N10k deposit with N50 charges what percentage is that?

I used to think that ur IQ was somehow slightly above that of a goat, but you just proved me wrong.

1 Like

Re: The Increase In VAT Is Set To Become The Blazing Inferno- Atiku by Lordave: 9:46am On Sep 09
MadPolitician:
Maybe the attitude of these people in power reflects some sort of throwbacks to the indigenous cultures from where they come from. It is becoming obvious that those who have been ruled for ages by autocratic and brutal emirs and obas, seem to see governance as a place where an emperor dictates and the people follows, without necessarily worrying about the different layers of pangs of poverty tinibulating the masses. They can't do without being brutal too, since thats all they know about.

That is the only conceivable reason left to explain what is going on. Most prehistoric Obas and Emirs in some areas that formed present day Nigeria, were brutal despots who were projected as not just rulers, but as diviners too. Semi gods. They were the executive, the judiciary and the legislature in one body. The made laws and their brood of serfs bowed to say yes. Some even rolled in the mud to greet them. They had little regards for the poor tucked away in forgotte remote villages.

That is where this problem started. Because it is now obvious that the products of these societies lack empathy when they eventually find themselves government. They see themselves as some sort of "national Obas and Sultans", and because they are used to people from their ethnic groups finding it it hard to criticise them as was the case during the precolonial era, these leaders also expect the rest of us, including those that never had "almighty" obas and emirs, to also swallow their bullshit, line, hook and sinker.

Believe me, it's cultural..

Damn right buddy...

Are you on Twitter?

If yes, do you mind if I follow you there?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria Will Soon Overtake South Africa As Largest Economy In Africa – FG / Exercise Crocodile Smile Offers Free Medical Outreach To Bayelsans / Maina Still Working & Receiving Salaries - Lawyer Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.