Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,825 members, 7,945,648 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 10:00 PM

Army Approves Terminal Leave For 196 Soldiers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Army Approves Terminal Leave For 196 Soldiers (432 Views)

Nigerian Army Approves Hotlines For Operation Safe Conduct. / Nigerian Army Approves New Postings And Appointments / 196 New COVID-19 Cases Reported. Total 1728. 306 discharged. 51 deaths (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Army Approves Terminal Leave For 196 Soldiers by Good01: 9:42pm On Sep 08
By Jacob Segun Olatunji

The high command of the Nigerian Army, has granted approval to 196 soldiers to proceed on terminal leave with effect from November this year.

A competent source at the Nigerian Army Headquarters Abuja told the Nigerian Tribune on Sunday that this followed the request made to that effect by the affected Soldiers through their resignation letters addressed to the Chief of Army Staff, COAS, Lt Gen. Taoreed Lagbaja.

According to the source, the affected soldiers were drawn from various formations of the army across the country and were mostly all junior officers.

The source further explained that the approval had been communicated to the affected Soldiers and their formations through an official memo dated August 23 which was signed by Brigadier General OH Musa and would take effect from November 30, 2024.

The memo sighted by our correspondents reads, “In accordance with the provisions of References A and B, the COAS vide Reference C approved the voluntary discharge of the above-named soldier and 195 others listed in Annex A. The soldiers are to proceed on terminal leave with effect from 1 Nov 24 while their disengagement date takes effect from 30 Nov 24.

"Accordingly, I am directed to respectfully request you to cause the affected soldiers’ units to ensure that the discharging soldiers complete the following forms as enclosed and forward the same to this Department no later than 6 Sep 24”.

Though the Army Headquarters was yet to issue any official statement on this as at the Press time, a very senior officer confirmed the story under anonymity, saying that it was a normal routine procedure in the service globally.

The source however dismissed the speculations in some quarters that the affected Soldiers were leaving to join foreign military services because of their poor welfare in the service of the Nigerian Army.

"There is no iota of truth in that false narrative that the affected Soldiers are leaving to enlist in foreign military services because of poor welfare, their request and the consequent approval are the routine best practice in the service,” the source added.

https://tribuneonlineng.com/army-approves-terminal-leave-for-196-soldiers/

Re: Army Approves Terminal Leave For 196 Soldiers by Prosperous111(m): 3:25am On Sep 09
Thousands more to follow...

Terrorist are well equipped without living their hideout but the most funded institutions in Nigeria can't get a better ammo to fight insecurity.... What's that? Corruption!!!

Number one evidence that Nigerian military is corrupt and their are higher power benefiting from all this unrest is the low insufficient funds and ammo for the service men.

You can't give me an AK-47 to face people with this machine. I no go follow your order, nah to run away go dey my mind

2 Likes

Re: Army Approves Terminal Leave For 196 Soldiers by Coolsperm: 5:17am On Sep 09
Even most of us Yoruba Muslims are now very tired of this useless one Nigeria, ko Le work! It won't work

1 Like

Re: Army Approves Terminal Leave For 196 Soldiers by TinubuBarawo: 5:26am On Sep 09
I know things like this are going to happen when those soldiers are not allowed to confront these bandits even tho they knew their hideouts
imagine you as a soldier you know where your enemy is and how to attack him but can't because you didn't have the command from your superior.
same enemy don't need command to attack you and your colleagues at will.
nothing is more demoralizing than that.

1 Like

Re: Army Approves Terminal Leave For 196 Soldiers by franchasng: 5:32am On Sep 09
What a nation under Tinubu cry
Re: Army Approves Terminal Leave For 196 Soldiers by obonujoker(m): 6:14am On Sep 09
What about the 50 million youths to be recruited into the army, whom will be eating Agbado,Garri etc?

When is their recruitment?

1 Like

Re: Army Approves Terminal Leave For 196 Soldiers by 1nice(m): 7:21am On Sep 09
Tinubu is a failure.

Re: Army Approves Terminal Leave For 196 Soldiers by Melagros(m): 8:26am On Sep 09
COMRADES, Tinubu and APC are out to destroy Nigeria nothing else

(1) (Reply)

I Will Declare My Presidential Ambition At The Right Time,” Kano Governor Says / Perpetrators Of Corruption Are Organised Labour Members – Jonathan / Jonathan Warns Labour And Workers To Be Wary Of Corrupt Politicians-channelstv

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.