Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,609 members, 7,905,320 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 10:06 AM

Asp.net/mssql Versus Php/mysql - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Asp.net/mssql Versus Php/mysql (3127 Views)

Mysql Vs MSSQL / Problem Connecting Mssql Management Studio To The Server / Transfering Data From Mysql To Mssql Server (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Asp.net/mssql Versus Php/mysql by smartsoft(m): 6:16pm On Sep 27, 2007
hey guys what do you think about this two plartform ASP.NET and PHP thing what do you think ? i heard ASP.net is stronger abi wetin u think ?
Re: Asp.net/mssql Versus Php/mysql by Afam(m): 9:29am On Sep 28, 2007
smartsoft:

hey guys what do you think about this two plartform ASP.NET and PHP thing what do you think ? i heard ASP.net is stronger abi wetin u think ?

Guy, where did you hear that from? It seems yo have been attending the wrong parties.

As long as over 70% of dynamic websites in the world run on PHP then there is no need to even debate the issue.
Re: Asp.net/mssql Versus Php/mysql by smartsoft(m): 5:16pm On Sep 28, 2007
because 70% website are running PHP doesn't mean it is strong PHP also has is own flaws likewise ASP.net so make i no argue make people who use ASP.net come talk first, Thugh i use PHP but at the same time, men i wanna start running my ASP.net
Re: Asp.net/mssql Versus Php/mysql by binkabir(m): 8:31am On Jul 05, 2011
Hello interesting topic
well, 
        ASP.net is not free (its a microsoft project, you have to buy it  cool cool cool) while PHP Is free(awhuf) shocked shocked.
        ASP.net is much more easy to develop a site than PHP.
       PHP is very big and fat(alot of classes, functions and methods ) that make i easy to program too.
       ASP.net do not expose one to core programming skills while PHP those.

if u want to be a very excellent programmer go for PHP, if u want to develop web application and get quick money then ASP.net is a good option.
in terms for popularity in the internet and available books PHP have more.

PHP have a lot of frameworks that can make you even develop in quicker time than ASP.
i dont no if ASP have frameworks.

both glo and mtn websites are ASP.net
facebook,stay.com,lyrics.com and alot of top 10 world sites are designed in PHP .

the learning curve of ASP.net is a very straight line graph while that of PHP is like a elasticity graph.

i personally like php,python and andriod programming

most of the conditional algorithm are the same in both PHP and ASP.net

i hope this helped  wink wink wink
Re: Asp.net/mssql Versus Php/mysql by binkabir(m): 11:10am On Jul 05, 2011
Re: Asp.net/mssql Versus Php/mysql by Fayimora(m): 2:04pm On Jul 05, 2011
There are already too many discussions on this forum batting on which language is the best. This a post from 2007,why did you have to bring it out? Am sorry but am gonna have to lock this thread as this forum should be used for programming and not some language battles

[LOCKED]

1 Like

(1)

Which School Can I Learn Programming In Lagos / Learn Programming For Free, Right From Your Couch! / How To Develop Instant Android Chating App(social Network)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.