Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,366 members, 7,947,603 topics. Date: Friday, 13 September 2024 at 02:23 AM

What I Ordered Vs What I Got: Man Calls Out Jumia Over Wrong Product (Video/pic) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What I Ordered Vs What I Got: Man Calls Out Jumia Over Wrong Product (Video/pic) (35654 Views)

Lady Shares "What She Ordered" Vs "What She Got" (pics/video) / What To Do When Someone Sells You The Wrong Product. / Akin Alabi Calls Out Jumia For Listing His Book For Sale Without His Approval (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What I Ordered Vs What I Got: Man Calls Out Jumia Over Wrong Product (Video/pic) by Biznesworld: 10:21pm On Sep 09

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBGms4Xz4CU

Man shares frustrating experience over wrong product delivered to him by popular Nigeria e-commerce platform, Jumia.

He felt disappointed after unboxing his package which took weeks to be delivered.

What he received was completely different from what he ordered.

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What I Ordered Vs What I Got: Man Calls Out Jumia Over Wrong Product (Video/pic) by Sonnobax15(m): 10:23pm On Sep 09
grin
You receive am abi you no receive am?

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What I Ordered Vs What I Got: Man Calls Out Jumia Over Wrong Product (Video/pic) by Biznesworld: 10:35pm On Sep 09
Sonnobax15:
grin
You receive am abi you no receive am?

The question should have been "Was it delivered as described in the picture "?

65 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What I Ordered Vs What I Got: Man Calls Out Jumia Over Wrong Product (Video/pic) by Verydarkhearted: 11:13pm On Sep 09
If it’s not what you ordered return it.. that’s why items have 7 days return policy. No need to come and spoil their image.. your papa never start business talk more of company for him life

126 Likes 9 Shares

Re: What I Ordered Vs What I Got: Man Calls Out Jumia Over Wrong Product (Video/pic) by Biznesworld: 6:39am On Sep 10
Verydarkhearted:
If it’s not what you ordered return it.. that’s why items have 7 days return policy. No need to come and spoil their image.. your papa never start business talk more of company for him life

What if the return policy takes months to get his money has he envisaged!

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Ordered Vs What I Got: Man Calls Out Jumia Over Wrong Product (Video/pic) by chipsypop(m): 6:52am On Sep 10
Biznesworld:

It does not, I've returned a couple of items in the past few months. The people to blame are the merchants who deliberately send the wrong item to the customer with the hope that the customer would decide to manage instead of returning it. It's not entirely Jumia's fault.

103 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What I Ordered Vs What I Got: Man Calls Out Jumia Over Wrong Product (Video/pic) by Biznesworld: 7:40am On Sep 10
chipsypop:

It does not, I've returned a couple of items in the past few months. The people to blame are the merchants who deliberately send the wrong item to the customer with the hope that the customer would decide to manage instead of returning it. It's not entirely Jumia's fault.

The issue here started with the product description.
Most merchant don't state clearly the content of their products

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Ordered Vs What I Got: Man Calls Out Jumia Over Wrong Product (Video/pic) by Biznesworld: 8:35am On Sep 10
chipsypop:

How long did it take you to get your money back?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Ordered Vs What I Got: Man Calls Out Jumia Over Wrong Product (Video/pic) by Melancho: 8:42am On Sep 10
Just ask for refund.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Ordered Vs What I Got: Man Calls Out Jumia Over Wrong Product (Video/pic) by davillian(m): 8:57am On Sep 10
They have return policy...
Return it

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What I Ordered Vs What I Got: Man Calls Out Jumia Over Wrong Product (Video/pic) by chipsypop(m): 9:02am On Sep 10
Biznesworld:

How long did it take you to get your money back?
Some took less than a week. I think one took up to 2 weeks, but they sent follow-up messages apologizing for the delay before it was resolved.

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What I Ordered Vs What I Got: Man Calls Out Jumia Over Wrong Product (Video/pic) by chipsypop(m): 9:06am On Sep 10
Biznesworld:

The issue here started with the product description.
Most merchant don't state clearly the content of their products
I avoid such merchants entirely. You have to be very clear on your reason for return, and most of the time, it has been a case of not receiving what was in the product description.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Ordered Vs What I Got: Man Calls Out Jumia Over Wrong Product (Video/pic) by Biznesworld: 9:20am On Sep 10
chipsypop:

I avoid such merchants entirely. You have to be very clear on your reason for return, and most of the time, it has been a case of not receiving what was in the product description.

In my early days of mini-importation. I had such experience.
I ordered for a portable Mifi(Modem) for my browsing. But, what was delivered was only the battery that was inside.
The battery was carefully rap with a big nylon inside one big brown envelope making it weigh up to a kilo.

I was disappointed. I returned the goods and til date no refund of payment.

5 Likes

Re: What I Ordered Vs What I Got: Man Calls Out Jumia Over Wrong Product (Video/pic) by Biznesworld: 9:33am On Sep 10
davillian:
They have return policy...
Return it

It doesn't work that way in Nigeria. To deliver the goods takes up to a week how much more to return it.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What I Ordered Vs What I Got: Man Calls Out Jumia Over Wrong Product (Video/pic) by lebron7(m): 10:34am On Sep 10
Lol
It says wireless interview microphone ADAPTOR. Read well next time.

19 Likes

Re: What I Ordered Vs What I Got: Man Calls Out Jumia Over Wrong Product (Video/pic) by 4adexx(m): 10:43am On Sep 10
That's why i read reviews before i order

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What I Ordered Vs What I Got: Man Calls Out Jumia Over Wrong Product (Video/pic) by Minjim: 10:51am On Sep 10
Verydarkhearted:

Go to Jumia an hear peoples feedback about the activation of money back policy
Re: What I Ordered Vs What I Got: Man Calls Out Jumia Over Wrong Product (Video/pic) by chipsypop(m): 1:49pm On Sep 10
Biznesworld:

In my early days of mini-importation. I had such experience.
I ordered for a portable Mifi(Modem) for my browsing. But, what was delivered was only the battery that was inside.
The battery was carefully rap with a big nylon inside one big brown envelope making it weigh up to a kilo.

I was disappointed. I returned the goods and til date no refund of payment.
That's where ratings and reviews come in. I don't go for people below a 3.8/5 star rating.

1 Like

Re: What I Ordered Vs What I Got: Man Calls Out Jumia Over Wrong Product (Video/pic) by Verydarkhearted: 2:57pm On Sep 10
Biznesworld:

see that’s why I only buy pay on delivery goods. So when it comes if it’s not what I want I simply walk back into the house and shut my door. But you just have to be patient if you activate the return policy take it back to their office nearest to you.. it might take a while but they will definitely return your money. Why it takes long it’s because the money is already in the customer escrow acct and the goods has to reach the customer first for the customer to confirm it’s not damaged or used. Cause some people will use the goods and still go and return it.

6 Likes

Re: What I Ordered Vs What I Got: Man Calls Out Jumia Over Wrong Product (Video/pic) by Verydarkhearted: 2:58pm On Sep 10
chipsypop:

That's where ratings and reviews come in. I don't go for people below a 3.8/5 star rating.
forget rating scammers on jiji have the best ratings and feedbacks

3 Likes

Re: What I Ordered Vs What I Got: Man Calls Out Jumia Over Wrong Product (Video/pic) by 1Alex: 3:50pm On Sep 10
Biznesworld:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBGms4Xz4CU

Man shares frustrating experience over wrong product delivered to him by popular Nigeria e-commerce platform, Jumia.

He felt disappointed after unboxing his package which took weeks to be delivered.

What he received was completely different from what he ordered.

Na the problem of Nigerians. To read na one thing, to understand na another thing.

Jumia clearly wrote there that the item is a MICROPHONE ADAPTER. Not microphone itself. Na so we dey take fail exam.

It's even written there that is compatible (you can use it) with Dji mic, rode mic and Hollyland mic.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Ordered Vs What I Got: Man Calls Out Jumia Over Wrong Product (Video/pic) by Rexymania(m): 4:27pm On Sep 10
That's one disadvantage of ordering something online

5 Likes

Re: What I Ordered Vs What I Got: Man Calls Out Jumia Over Wrong Product (Video/pic) by HUMANIIST(m): 5:05pm On Sep 10
Wahala

Re: What I Ordered Vs What I Got: Man Calls Out Jumia Over Wrong Product (Video/pic) by Biznesworld: 5:11pm On Sep 10
1Alex:

Na the problem of Nigerians. To read na one thing, to understand na another thing.

Jumia clearly wrote there that the item is a MICROPHONE ADAPTER. Not microphone itself. Na so we dey take fail exam.

It's even written there that is compatible (you can use it) with Dji mic, rode mic and Hollyland mic.

But a full picture of the mic was shown which confused the buyer .
Why not put only the adapter picture at once!

7 Likes

Re: What I Ordered Vs What I Got: Man Calls Out Jumia Over Wrong Product (Video/pic) by TheBreastSucker(m): 7:46pm On Sep 10
Why not just return the thing?

1 Like

Re: What I Ordered Vs What I Got: Man Calls Out Jumia Over Wrong Product (Video/pic) by BlocksNG(m): 7:47pm On Sep 10
Thin-nubu

1 Like

Re: What I Ordered Vs What I Got: Man Calls Out Jumia Over Wrong Product (Video/pic) by AfonjaConehead: 7:47pm On Sep 10
Helinues:
still better than the akpu android they sold for me
Re: What I Ordered Vs What I Got: Man Calls Out Jumia Over Wrong Product (Video/pic) by ceejay80s(m): 7:48pm On Sep 10
I have ordered something like this and I returned it, I was refunded.
bought a decorder from AliExpress and they sent only the power charger, I opened a dispute and I was refunded and the 12v power is still with me sef

2 Likes

Re: What I Ordered Vs What I Got: Man Calls Out Jumia Over Wrong Product (Video/pic) by oluwaseyi0: 7:49pm On Sep 10
Mic for 15k?

Item name clearly stated adapter though the image is an author of confusion

7 Likes

Re: What I Ordered Vs What I Got: Man Calls Out Jumia Over Wrong Product (Video/pic) by Ojuntana: 7:49pm On Sep 10
Konga is better than Jumia in terms of delivery

Jumia too sabi lie

I suspect the owner is an APC member

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

E-Naira App Vanishes On Google Playstore Amid Poor Reviews / Mohammed Indimi Delivers Speech At Harvard University; Has No Formal Education / 10 Wealth Secrets Of Aliko Dangote: A Must Read.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.